Start by marking “The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh” as Want to Read:
The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh

The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh

(Winnie-the-Pooh #1-2)

In 1926, "Winnie-the-Pooh, " a collection of stories about a rather stout, somewhat confused bear, was published in England and America. The enchanting tales of Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Christopher Robin, and the others were an immediate success, and firmly established A.A. Milne, already an acclaimed dramatist, as a major author of children's books. "Winnie-the-Pooh" was fol ...more
Leather Bound, 344 pages
Published March 7th 2015 by Dutton Children's Books (first published October 14th 1926)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh, please sign up.
Mary Lou Possible answer:
in the story Christopher Robin Leads an Expotition to the North Pole:

"Christopher Robin was sitting outside his door, putting on his B…more
Possible answer:
in the story Christopher Robin Leads an Expotition to the North Pole:

"Christopher Robin was sitting outside his door, putting on his Big Boots. As soon as he saw the Big Boots, Pooh knew that an Adventure was going to happen..."(less)

Start your review of The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh
James
As part of a children's book readathon on my blog in August 2018, voters chose Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne as one of our award-winning books to read this week. I was very excited to pick up this classic again as I haven't read it in over thirty years. I've seen several shows and cartoons with nieces, nephews, and cousins, but reading the wonderfully illustrated picture books was a fresh experience. I adore the world Milne has created with all the amazing characters in the woods. It's a bit of ...more
Nandakishore Varma

Have a deep, long look at the image above. That motley crew are undoubtedly the most famous toy animals in existence.

Winnie-the-Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga (I cannot see Roo) and (last but not least) Tigger.

A. A. Milne, and established playwright and writer, constructed silly nursery stories and poems for his young son Christopher Robin, built around his beloved toys. He published them. And much to his chagrin, he came to be known as the creator of "Winnie-the-Pooh": all his "serious" works were
Manny
For the Celebrity Death Match Review Tournament, Heart of Darkness (25) versus The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh (24)

In which the animals go on a Second Expotition, and Pooh discovers that Not Everyone Likes Hums

There was a corner of the Hundred Acre Wood that the animals rarely visited. Even Eeyore found it too Sad and Gloomy, and it had more than its fair share of annoying insects. Owl, in his grand way, sometimes called it the Forest's Heart of Darkness, and that always made Pig
Mariel
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lassie
Recommended to Mariel by: The Magdalene Laundries
Celebrity Death Match tournament versus Mary Poppins.
Christopher Robin: May I color with my Winnie the Pooh and friends coloring book before I make up my bed with ideal hospital corners? My shins are scraped from having too much fun cleaning.
His boy lips turn to blue in his deathly pale white face. Her mask conforms to a perfect Noh shape. He reads the lips. No. Oh noh! Oh no! Christopher Robin is dying.
Mary Poppins: I am Governess to the good Christopher Robin. My credentials say it all because
Melora
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Another one of those “imbibed with mother's milk” books, like The Wind in the Willows and The Hobbit, which I am incapable of commenting on with any sort of objectivity. I get a kick out of Pooh's “hums,” and the characters are old friends. My dad's nickname for my mom was “Pooh,” and she introduced him to the Pooh books when they were dating (he was a Jewish boy from Staten Island, and knew all about science and philosophy, but had missed out on most of the children's classics), and lines and c ...more
Trish
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think everyone has heard the name Winnie-the-Pooh at some point. I even remember watching the TV show when I was younger (but not for long).

However, I'm one of those people who never got to read the book as a kid and I only rediscovered it now while catching up with all the classics I've missed out on.
So I found this all-in-one volume online and had to have it since it not only contains all the stories but also has the original illustrations by Ernest Howard Shepard.

I have to say, this book i
Bradley
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-shelf, fantasy, ya
I may be the only person on the planet not automatically delighted with Pooh. Or rather, I know I'm not the only one, because of my daughter.

She complained about being bored no less than a dozen times and fell asleep sitting up 5 times.

Sigh.

Ah, well, not every book is a winner for every person. Alas.

For me, I personally liked The Tao of Pooh much, much better. :) I guess I get kinda annoyed with Bears of Little Brain. :)
Iryna *Book and Sword*
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

So I made myself a large cup of tea with honey, got under blankets and read this favorite of mine (well, a favorite might a an understatement). I might have molded into the Pooh Bear himself, and I'm oh so okay with it.

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.”

There are kids books, and then there are books for all ages. Books that are not only adorable, but profound that they make you laugh out l
Jeremy
Includes Winnie-the-Pooh and The House At Pooh Corner (both of which have 10 chapters).

A lot funnier than I expected. Started reading this a few days before National Winnie-the-Pooh Day (Jan. 18—the birthday of A. A. Milne, b. 1882).

A little confusing for young children because of the point-of-view: The narrator (A. A. Milne) is telling a story about his telling a story to his son, Christopher Robin (see pp. 1–2, 87). The "About A. A. Milne" section at the beginning says that Christopher Robin M
Shirley Revill
Wow, I didn't realize I had owned this book for so long. Still one of my all time favourites.
Recommended for children of all ages.
Chris
This review is for the Celebrity Death Match Tournament - Winnie-the-Pooh versus Hamlet.

One day when the weather was especially fine, Pooh and his friends were playing Pooh sticks. Pooh was thinking how nice it would be to have a playing-Pooh-sticks-with-your-friends-on-an-especially-nice-day sort of hum when...

"Hey nonny nonny..."

"Was that me?"
Pooh asked Christopher Robin. "You see, I was just thinking..."
"Silly old bear,"
said Christopher Robin fondly. "That wasn't you. It was her."

E
Ambrosia
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
At the time of this writing, I am twenty-eight years old. People tell me I come off as intelligent, opinionated, cynical and sarcastic, with a dark and very adult sense of humor. I don't much like children and don't plan to have any of my own. My childhood, while not particularly awful, is nothing I look back on with nostalgia - mostly I'm pretty glad to have gotten to the point where I'm allowed my own life. Generally, my literary tastes run far closer to Patrick Suskind or Neil Gaiman than Mil ...more
Vivian
Apr 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
My first memories of being read aloud to are with this book. My father would read to my sisters and I while my mother completed preparations for supper. We each identified with one of the characters. I was Christopher Robin (being the eldest), my next sister was Pooh (it seemed to me she was always the most interesting character proto-type in all the books I read), my next sister was Rabbit, my next sister was Piglet, and the baby sister was Roo. Our mother was Kanga (of course) and our father w ...more
Micki
Sep 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to inspire their children
There is no comparison between the original book and the saccharine Disney version of our friend, Pooh. Milne's version is so full of insights into childhood to delight the adult reader that are entirely missed by the more popular version. I bought this book on a whim while trying to start a family, read it to my babies long before they are ready to enjoy these stories, and look forward to sharing Pooh's delightful adventures with them as they grow up. I don't know that I need any other books in ...more
Paul Bryant
Nov 02, 2011 marked it as probably-never  ·  review of another edition
Yet another celebrity death match.

(A small windowless room in Elsinore. HAMLET and ROSENCRANZ walk in. Sitting a the table is POOH, a stuffed bear.)

POOH: Can I make a call?
HAMLET: (Standing over POOH:) Who would you like to call?
POOH: My ride. I been here an hour.
HAMLET: Hm. Well, soon as we're through here, we'll get you a ride. Okay?
ROSENCRANZ: (Sitting across from POOH:) Pooh? You own a red Camaro, don't you?
POOH: Yeah.
HAMLET: Do you know Hamlet?
POOH: Yeah, I'm looking at him right now.
HAMLET
Floor Flawless
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read, read-2020
This book put a smile on my face!
Pamela Shropshire
The January challenge for the British Book Club on Facebook was a Children’s or Young Adult book. I first reread The Wind in the Willows, (which I first read as an adult) then Adam of the Road which was a childhood favorite, and probably the first historical novel I ever read (or perhaps the first was The Witch of Blackbird Pond. While I was replacing them in the grandkids’ reading nook, my eye fell on The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh, and I decided to read it, too.

The Pooh stories are one
Martha b
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We could all learn life lessons from Winnie. Sweet.
Jersy
The stories themselve were nothing special, the whole book was more character focused and these characters were really funny, also, or especially, for adults. The humor consists mostly of nonsense logic and the characters quirks, like wanting to seem much smarter than they are. That can get tedious after a while, since it is basically the same kind of joke most of the time, but often enough it worked.
They are some details that may get over children's head, but I'm no expert on that. I wouldn't
Anna
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no qualms about counting this book towards my Goodreads challenge, not only because of the page count, but because I'm convinced it only gets funnier and more profound the older you get. I can see myself in each of the characters, although there are a couple I particularly identify with (Pooh and Eeyore, depending on the day and my mood ;) ). I was so choked up at the end that I could barely get through the last paragraph. Absolutely wonderful.
Karen
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I needed to read something fun and lighthearted, so I took a stroll through the Hundred Acre Wood. Is there anything more delightful than Winnie-the-Pooh?
John
If I think back to fond memories of being with my dad during my childhood, there’s one thing that always comes back first. It’s those late summer evenings outside. Dad often had outdoor projects going on of some sort. I’d go out there hanging around, maybe chatting, maybe playing with cats, or maybe doing something of my own.

Dad often had an old AM radio sitting around and would be listening to a baseball game while working. As it got darker, lights would come on, and the bugs would start flying
Young At Heart Reader
I feel like I'm one of the few people who didn't actually grow up with Winnie the Pooh. I didn't watch the cartoon series or the movies. I didn't read the books other than the ones printed by Disney.

Oddly enough I did write some Winnie the Pooh stories when I was a kid, but those have long since been forgotten.

Because of this, I don't think I can appreciate these stories like others. While I did find them charming, some of the stories were somewhat simple and dull, characteristics that alienate
Lina Kerbelyte
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very witty and enjoyably book for kids and adults alike. The vivid description of characters reminds you of people you know 😂.
Ben Goodridge
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Children's books often have a clarity that most books for grownups lack; I'm certainly way outside the target demographic for this one, but it doesn't mean--

"Wait a minute, you've NEVER read 'Winnie-the-Pooh?'"

No, I haven't. Not that I know of. Anyway--

"Never?"

That's rather the point of that big pile of books over there, that they're the ones I've had for a while but haven't got 'round to reading yet. I've had this one since 2002, but--

"You've been Disney-poisoned, haven't you? Your sum total of
Kristin
I have read these to my son many times since he turned 4..,and now at 5, he finds them funnier (and sometimes sadder) than ever. The characters are alive to us, and we quote this book to each other and of course describe every rainy, windy day as "quite blustery."
Daniel Summerstay
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
Winnie-the-Pooh is the best thing in the world. It is better than Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and How to Train your Dragon combined. I say you should read and reread this book over and over and over again.
Edit: I moved this old review here from another collected Winnie-the-Pooh for accuracy's sake.
Haley
Good to revisit these old tales, this time with my kids, who loved going through the adventures of Pooh and friends over the last several weeks. My daughter loves Pooh. My son says, "Tigger is just like me. Christopher Robin is just like me."
Amanda
Jul 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? The complete tales of A Bear with Very Little Brain and a Very Big Heart in one volume with the original E.H. Shepard illustrations? Absolutely lovely. We can learn so much from Pooh about the purity of love and friendship, and we can learn so much about A.A. Milne from the stories and from his adorable dedications of each book to his wife. A great set of stories to contemplate from childhood to maturity, and the poems are wonderful to read out loud. Even if there are no children ...more
Bill
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-reader
2017: Read to my younger daughters (age 7 & 5) - on reflection slightly too old for them I think, but fun to read together.

2010 Reading: Read with oldest daughter (age 5) each night over the course of a few months. She loved it, and so did I actually! This sort of timeless children's book is rewarding for a grown up reader too.
This is the cover of this edition 1 2 Dec 14, 2018 05:17AM
Around the Year i...: The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh, by A.A. Milne 1 16 Nov 04, 2016 06:16PM
MCC Children's Li...: childrens novel 2 2 Feb 22, 2012 04:59PM

• The Adventures of Pippi Longstocking
  • The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher (Rabbit Ears)
  • Peter Pan
  • Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales
  • Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever!
  • Патиланци
  • Walt Disney's Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too
  • Лакомото мече
  • The Jungle Book
  • The Complete Tales
  • Stone Soup
  • The Complete Fairy Tales
  • Mary Poppins Comes Back (Mary Poppins, #2)
  • The Little Prince
  • Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes (World of Beatrix Potter)
  • Ян Бибиян
  • Приключения Чиполлино
  • Walt Disney Presents Winnie-The-Pooh Meets Gopher (A Little Golden Book)
Alan Alexander Milne (pronounced /ˈmɪln/) was an English author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various children's poems.

A. A. Milne was born in Kilburn, London, to parents Vince Milne and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School, 6/7 Mortimer Road (now Crescent), Kilburn, a small public school run by his father. One of his teac

Winnie-the-Pooh (4 books)
  • Winnie-the-Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh, #1)
  • The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh, #2)
  • When We Were Very Young (Winnie-the-Pooh, #3)
  • Now We Are Six (Winnie-the-Pooh, #4)

News & Interviews