Start by marking “Spider” as Want to Read:
Spider

Spider

A deeply jaded ex-CIA agent with a long-held grievance. A disillusioned politician's daughter, called to account for her father's sins. A teenage prostitute in a hopeless downward spiral.

San Diego lawyer Cassandra Dunne is trapped in a world she wants no part of, with a father whose career has controlled the entire trajectory of her life. But when she is yanked out of this
Published February 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Spider, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider

R.B. O'Brien
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read much of Michael Dalton’s work. To say I am a fan of his writing is an understatement. But this? This is, by far, my favorite. In my humble opinion, it is a work of literary genius. It has everything great literature is made of and has the erotic darkness that I so crave in my reading. Spider gripped me from the very first page until the very last. I couldn’t put it down.

"The man,” is a dark figure. He is an ex CIA agent, and he is flawed and unemotional, and in the weirdest way, I wa
Scarlet Darkwood
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
I don't normally review books. I'll only do it in rare circumstances, usually when I want to share an author I really like, one I took the chance on reading when I have a TBR list that's a mile high. I was intrigued by the title and the description of this book, thus I even went so far as to pre-order it on Amazon--another thing I rarely do.

An ex operative with a score to settle, his past was dark, gritty, and filled with dirty business. The women he targeted and encountered were dissatisfied wi
Amiya Powell
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read. This. Book. Gripping, edgy and cerebral, Spider is one of the best works of erotic fiction I have ever read. If you’re over the current trend in erotica with the same three recycled plots, this will blow you away. Get ready to be mind-effed.

“The man,” as our protagonist is referred to throughout the book, is a former CIA agent who’s spent the last few decades experiencing the worst of what men can be and do. He is hardened, cold, calculating, and will not hesitate to end anyone who creates
Thuan
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf

I became a fan of Michael Dalton from his Twin Magic series but the BDSM/sex slave objectives in the premise goes beyond what it hints, and in my opinion, is quite a turn off. So with that said, I had to put down the book at 30%.

Honestly, it was good for the 30% that I read. Michael Dalton can weave an interesting story with gripping characters. But at times though, I found the way the characters in this book behaved beyond my suspension of disbelief. The story demanded that the characters beh

Karen
Dec 18, 2016
Wendi Hunsicker
Feb 19, 2016
Michael Dalton
Mar 03, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Bey Deckard
Ashley
Dec 31, 2018
Saruta Valentine
Jan 01, 2019
Michael Dalton is a professional journalist and editor.

Michael wrote his first piece of fiction in third grade, for which he was immediately accused of plagiarism by his teacher. Since then, he has been writing more or less steadily, interrupted only by occasional demands of work and family.

Michael lives with his family and multiple pets in Southern California.