Start by marking “World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1” as Want to Read:
World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1

World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1

(World of Warcraft Chronicle #1)

World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 is a journey through an age of myth and legend, a time long before the Horde and the Alliance came to be. This definitive tome of Warcraft history reveals untold stories about the birth of the cosmos, the rise of ancient empires, and the forces that shaped the world of Azeroth and its people.

This beautiful hardcover features twenty-fi

Published March 15th 2016 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about World of Warcraft, please sign up.
Светлана Иванова For me, Its really amazing to playing WOW. But its hard for me and i like to play with Gallywix WOW Boosting Service They are really great guys, they …moreFor me, Its really amazing to playing WOW. But its hard for me and i like to play with Gallywix WOW Boosting Service They are really great guys, they make absolutely unbeliaveble stuff. (less)

Start your review of World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1
Helena
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started playing WoW at a very young age which led to me not really paying attention to the story. As I grew older and as the game progressed, I found myself lost in the world I didn't understand.

However, if you're just trying to understand the recent plots, this isn't the book for you because it only tells about the events before the Dark Portal and the history behind Azeroth.
It was overall an enjoyable read, even though it took me a long while to finish it. The art incorporated was more tha
belle ✨
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so nerdy oh my goodness
For the Horde!
Lok'Tar Ogar!
Meet me in Dalaran!

I promise I'm not nerdy!!!
description
(I am. I totally am.)

ANYWHOOO. This book was 100% awesome. But a small warning: it's not for the casual WoW player, or for someone who is looking for a traditional "story." In short, this is the history of Azeroth from the VERY beginning - literally before the universe was formed - and it goes DEEP. It is more a solid history book than anything, but if that's what you want (it was what I wanted)
Jeremy
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's an impressive tome covering the mythology, prehistory, and history of the Warcraft universe (with a solid focus on its most important setting, the world of Azeroth). The backstory of Warcraft has always been a rather tenuous and patchy tapestry made of multiple sources - the various video games (Warcraft I through III, followed by World of Warcraft) as well as several tie-in novels, anthologies, and graphical series. "Chronicle" is an attempt to basically bring all this information together ...more
Trang Tran (Bookidote)
description
YASS Who thought World of Warcraft will save my day ?! LOL The stories are just so interesting. I've always loved The Blizzard Trailers for their stories and art. BUT THIS ONE OMG. <3 It's everything I've ever wanted!
Alexandra
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

There's something truly magical about Warcraft as a series. I think I can speak for many people when I say Azeroth often feels more like home than my actual home in real life. Experiencing this world on the daily basis and having so many fond memories of it, I do consider it a big part of my life at this point. As I read this book, I found myself going "ohhh, I get why that thing is there now!" or "I've seen that!" quite a few times, and it was great.

This book is the first volume of a l
Maud
I love playing WoW but as someone who joined the game relatively late (Mists of Pandaria) I just always felt a bit overwhelmed by the world and I never felt like I could really grasp it or understand its history. To help me with this, my boyfriend was kind enough to gift me this book (he might also have done this a bit for himself, as a massive WoW fan).

Reading this book definitely helped me to understand the world a bit better. The first chapter is all about the creation of this universe, which
Ricardo Noronha
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely amazing! I entered the Warcraft Universe via Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. It is its lore that still keeps me playing World of Warcraft to this day. So I had high expectations when I started reading this book, so I was very happy to find out that not only were these expectations met but also this is everything I ever wanted to know more about Warcraft's history. The first chronicle goes from the start of the Universe up until Medivh reaches adulthood. It's my least favourite and lea ...more
Irena
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Essential for understanding the WoW lore. A wonderful read <3 ...more
Jamie
I have mixed thoughts on this one. As a fan of Warcraft I found aspects in this, and the history it shares, that I really enjoyed. On the other hand, it was very technical and extremely bland in context. If it wasn't for the fact that the subject interested me so much, there is no way I would have plowed through this. There was no personality behind this at all. Very, very dry.

This is not a book to read if you are just curious about Warcraft. No. This is for the fans. If I had not playe
Michele
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

In 1994, gamers were first introduced to the Warcraft universe with Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, a real-time strategy (RTS) game; however, it was on the tenth anniversary that World of Warcraft (also known as WoW) was released as a massive, multiplayer, online role-playing game (MMORPG). In the intervening years, several expansion sets have been released, with a sixth expansion announced last August and anticipated to drop later this autumn. As of late last year, a Forbes ar
Tomáš Kratochvíl
Wow, it actually makes sense now! Can't believe Blizzard actually managed that after all those... not fitting piecies of a children puzzle. As the translator to Czech language I quite enjoyed the book while reading (and translating) it.
Petra
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought-books
This is a great book for those interested in the world of Azeroth and its history. It maps the lore from the very beginning up until the opening of the Dark Portal. It is very detailed, but sometimes confusing, especially when narrating history of civilizations and races that players don't generally get to meet in the games. On the other hand, it does a very good job at putting together the pieces of information that players get from quests, giving it chronological order and making sense of it. ...more
Megan
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, reviewed, 2019
I've played World of Warcraft since the Wrath of the Lich King expansion and this is a fantastic review of the story. I've known bits of the history from playing it but it's hard to try to go back and quest through the story since so much has happened since I began. I'm ready to read on and get the remainder of the lore!!
Emmanuel Manolidis
There is so much history and lore in WoW and it’s so easy to go through the game not knowing any of it. This first book gives a lot of background into the two most recent expansions, Legion and BFA, since it talks at length about the titans, burning legion, old gods, and the Zandalari Trolls. It does a decent job of covering the history of Azeroth from creation up until the dark portal. It does jump around a lot, since there is a ton going on (it is a whole planet after all), but the timestamps ...more
Добромир Иванов
World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume 1 is really good book if you are already fan of the Warcraft universe. It answers a lot of questions on how the universe was created and who are the moving actors of the whole saga. It lays the foundations of what is to come.
I must admit that at some point there are a lot of "extra" information that is kind of boring, but i guess thats the cost of having a detailed introduction to the world.
Josip
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: moje-knjige
Extraordinary summary of events in world of Azeroth from creation up to the 1st game, accompanied by wonderful illustrations. Vast lore "compressed" in one (of 3) book, must read for all the fans of the Blizzard's masterpiece.
Lacydior
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for all World of Warcraft lore fans, the art are amazing and the history just ties up all the loose ends.
First book talks about the creation of pantheon and ended off with the last guardian of Azeroth: Medivh.
Steven Youngbauer
The first game I ever bought when I was 7 was Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. I've been a mega fan ever since and this book is incredible. Concise and gripping, this is a must read for any Warcraft fans.
Jabes Gonzales
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this is how and this is where it all begin. Amazing story telling and I was hooked by this. Amanthul and Sargeras and many more stories. Ahhhh... Just read it and experience the story. Titans!
Nikoleta
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, nyc, dropped, 2020
dropped
Kristina Meno
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
information heavy, but written in a story-telling voice that made the lore feel alive
Ben
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5; beautiful art and good storytelling.
Holden Johnson
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic insight into the origins of Azeroth and the Warcraft universe. Well written and paced.
Keith Davis
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thousands of articles and blogs have been written theorizing about the complicated backstory of World of Warcraft. Over the years information has trickled out through quest texts, cut scenes, and tie-in novels and comics. Every player who cares about this aspect of the game has their favorite theories about the Titans or the Burning Legion or the Well of Eternity, and how all the pieces fit together. Now Blizzard has put much of the speculation to rest by publishing an official account of Warcra ...more
Kyle
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nice, solid hardback book. The writing could still use a little work, but overall it paints a vastly rich and immersive summary of total events in the Warcraft universe from its beginning of time to the adolescence of Medivh. Focuses on key events and ties together the hodgepodge of lore so far created through Blizzard's many Warcraft-related endeavors. For anyone who loves Warcraft lore, this is definitely a must read. Although I don't always enjoy the novels so much, this definitely made me ...more
Evgeni Kirilov
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is good to have an official version of all the events we, as a community, have been putting together from games, novels, and online communities. And then some. It is also satisfying to finally know why Azeroth is such a big deal, why everyone in the universe is after it, what makes it so special. The art is gorgeous, and the writing style is light and easy - though it is also... simple. It won't win any Hugo awards, but I would still recommend it to anyone with any kind of interest in the sto ...more
Monica Mil-Homens
I'll give my opinion soon... i want more!!!!
Fundin
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Happy to read lots of new stories from the world of my childhood.
Amazing illustrations, the ideal length of stories, brief but very engaging.
Kris Veldhuizen
Nicole Silverlance
I will repeat myself with the words : "This is the most beautiful book I have ever read", by saying this is also one of the most beautiful books I have read. Is it, design was, more beautiful that Realms of Runeterra? Not really, but Volume 1 of Chronicle is filled with art from within the lore of World of Warcraft, large full page illustration that paint a picture of the history of Azeroth.
The story begins long before Azeroth was known to the titans. It starts with the primal forces of light an
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Well of Eternity (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #1)
  • Rise of the Horde (World of Warcraft, #2)
  • Tides of Darkness (World of Warcraft, #3)
  • Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (World of Warcraft, #6)
  • The Last Guardian (WarCraft, #3)
  • Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1)
  • Illidan (World of Warcraft, #14)
  • The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm (World of Warcraft, #8)
  • World of Warcraft: Dawn of the Aspects
  • Beyond the Dark Portal (World of WarCraft, #4)
  • Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War (World of Warcraft, #11)
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #0)
  • The Sundering (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #3)
  • The Demon Soul (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #2)
  • Cycle of Hatred (World of WarCraft, #1)
  • Shadows Rising (World of Warcraft, #17)
  • Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)
  • War Crimes (World of Warcraft, #13)
Blizzard Entertainment is an American video game developer and publisher based in Irvine, California, and a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard.

The company is well known for creating the Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, and Overwatch franchises, and regularly publishes related novels, comics, and art books.

World of Warcraft Chronicle (3 books)
  • World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume 2