Start by marking “The Business of Writing & Editing: Practical Tips & Templates for New Freelancers” as Want to Read:

Do you like the idea of working from home and owning your own business... but you're just not sure where to start?

Are you thinking about becoming a freelance writer or editor, and wondering if that type of work is right for YOU?

Have you done a little research into freelancing and found it altogether too overwhelming... so that you have more questions now than you initially
ebook
Published January 8th 2016 by BookBaby

To ask other readers questions about The Business of Writing & Editing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Business of Writing & Editing

Start your review of The Business of Writing & Editing: Practical Tips & Templates for New Freelancers
Kyle Marie
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Helpful if a little vague. This might be because she lumped writing and editing together, but most of the advice was very high-level. I wish there was more detail about the actual starting of a freelance business as the title implies (new freelancers).
K. A. Parker
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Freelancers, English majors, teachers
Shelves: ref-and-how-to
So, I definitely contribute my review and rating of this book to reading Barbara Fuller's How to Start a Home-based Editorial Services Business before I read Morrow's. Both of them were good, and they were similar in a lot of respects. I absolutely loved all of Morrow's appendices and templates more than the templates in Fuller's. And I like the fact that Morrow didn't place a whole lot of emphasis for working for corporate clients, which I felt Fuller did a lot.

But the one thing that made me li
Dyane Forde
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet, a helpful, practical guide to setting up a writing and editing freelancing business in Canada. Recommended.
Jean McConnell
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This book provides some useful information for new freelancers, though I found it to be too light on tax/business registration info (granted, the laws surrounding these topics differ according to location). Some of the information is too basic, such as advising newbies that they will need a computer and office supplies. Um, yes ... you will need these things for freelancing writng and editing.

I'd recommend this one for complete beginners. Seek more detailed information that is releva
Hannah
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book as I was starting my new business, and it made my life that much easier. The practical tips for leveraging your network and social media kickstarted my business, and the templates, especially the daily maintenance checklist, taught me the basics. If you're looking to start an editing or writing business, pick up a copy of this book!
Sabihah

• Captain Marvel, Vol. 1: Rise of Alpha Flight
  • Weed: The User's Guide
  • The Dog of the Marriage: Stories
  • Heartstones
  • The Dark Angel (Ruth Galloway, #10)
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal (Ms. Marvel (2014-15) (Collected Editions), #1)
  • The Chalk Pit (Ruth Galloway, #9)
  • Black Panther #1
  • The McCullagh Inn in Maine
Sagan Morrow has a degree in Rhetoric, Writing and Communications, with a decade of experience as a freelance writer and editor. Based in Winnipeg, Canada, Sagan is a hobbyist burlesque dancer and identifies as polyamorous. She shares about her writing journey in the Indie Author Weekly podcast.

When she isn’t writing romance novels, Sagan teaches online courses to empower other solopreneurs as the