Start by marking “When We Were Us (Keeping Score #1)” as Want to Read:
When We Were Us (Keeping Score #1)

When We Were Us

(Keeping Score #1)

The Trio. That’s who we’ve been since birth: Nate, Leo . . . and me, Quinn, the token girl. Our mothers met in a prenatal class and became best friends, which meant that the three of us hit every milestone together, from the first day of school to the very first kiss. And beyond.

I’ve always been caught in the middle between the two boys. I’ve been in love with Leo since I
Published April 7th 2016

To ask other readers questions about When We Were Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When We Were Us

Kathryn
Do you remember high school? How about your first kiss? This story moves through the lives of Nate, Leo and Quinn from when they were born, elementary school, junior high and onward to high school. Now back to that first kiss, it was amazing. Mine not so much, but this one... was grand. It was better.

The author has figured out how to move through these kids lives and it makes it a very fast read. The emotions poured out here are real, potent, and poignant. Memories flow out of the story as fast
Gina's Library
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
When We Were Us is book 1 in a new trilogy from Tawdra Kandle. I’m excited for this series as I’m a big fan of Tawdra’s.

I received an ARC of this book that is due to be released April 7.

This book is the beginning story of Nate, Quinn and Leo. They have been friends since day 1. Things were great when they were younger. As they got older and became teenagers it became a bit more strained.

To make matters worse is romantic feelings. They really became a bit of a love triangle. Nate loves Quinn but
Jessica Mitchell
Ever wonder if things could of been different growing up? Or wonder how Middle High School life might be.
That's what Quinn, Nate and Leo are going through now. They started as friends in Elementary and became besties after that. But life if rough in middle-high school.
Quinn learns all she needs to know via books and the way people treat her. But she's been harboring big secret that she didn't realize herself until Middle School. She has the chance to ask but she also realizes that someone else
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I finished this book I was lost. I wanted to rip Nate apart piece by little piece. I wanted to beat the hell out of Leo. And Quinn, I wanted to smack her too, but then by the very end of the book, I just wanted to cry and hug her bc I understand all too well what she's going through. By the way, I LOVED THIS BOOK. It's definitely different from other books that Tawdra has written, but in a good way. I'm going to be thinking about this book until the next one releases. Def a 5 star story.

Kristy
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Damn cliff hangers ugh
Caroline
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2019
I've never read a book by Tawdra, and can honestly say that it won't be my last. And this series isn't over for me. Sometimes I can be happy with reading a book and not continuing the story. This time, I can't. I need to know what happens.
Nate, Leo and Quinn have been friends sine their first memory. As they grow up, their love triangle blossoms which leads to their friendship deteriorating. But sometimes, you just have to do what feels right and when that happens, things go downhill.
Luckily, yo
Leigh Sonnekus
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ok Read

I have read other books by this author and this is the first I’ve not really enjoyed. The book description does not relay that this is essentially a high school romance and that, while it wraps up nicely after their high school graduation, there is no conclusion to the love triangle - no hea and with a semi cliffhanger. I now have to read books 2 and 3 if I want to know what happens between Quinn and Leo, or if she will end up with Nate. I really hate it when the blurbs don’t mention that
Maritza
Going in I had no expectations of this book as I have never heard of this author. The premise of the book sounded interesting, three friends who knew each other from the womb. One friend in love with the other, and the other in love with her. We follow them from grade school through high school and one's unrequited love that leads him to destroy the friendship of all three. I loved Leo and Quinn and at the end hated Nate. What will become of them. I need to read the next book. Very good emotiona ...more
Paige
I really enjoyed the premise of this story..following our 3 MCs from early childhood through graduation. However none of their relationships are healthy..one in fact is toxic as heck. It was a little cliched but it was an enjoyable read and interested me enough to move on to book 2.. Hoping that toxic "best " friend relationship doesn't continue in the manipulative way it's going..but where would the fun be in that. Glad I found this in my recommendation list.
Sondra
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Cliffhanger

Not a book for adults. This is high school drama, bullies, love triangle. Too high school for me as an adult I didn't enjoy all the high school stuff. I kept waiting for the story line to go into their adult lives ...but it's all high school. I hate cliffhangers so I won't be recommending this. If you are not a high school student, leave this book behind.
AJ
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Teens

A interesting story, so I’m thinking I should’ve given it 4 stars. But for me Leo got on my last nerve- I don’t see Nate for Quinn either. I was hoping for some one interesting to come along for her. So I won’t be going on to book 2, happy reading for the ones that do go on.
Marisela Chavez
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When friendship becomes love between a group of friends that known each other their whole life. It won't end well. Who knew loving someone could hurt so bad. This book brought me back to high school seeing what they had to go thorough. All the ups in down, and rooting for the couple you want to survive. Can't wait to see what will happen in the next book.
Stella Hall
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This was great from birth to graduation. I like the first person storytelling from the main characters I can’t wait to read the next one
Colleen
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Give me a story with sports and love and I’ll love it. Add in a really relatable female MC and it’ll always be 5 stars.
Margaret
Three friends who have known each other from birth. You just know that there is not going to be a happy ending when both boys love the one girl and she can only give her heart to one.
Mari
High school romance, book needs major editing. Probably would have loved it in my mid teens
Emm
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When We Were Us

This book was a coming of age, young adult love story that did not end the way I thought it would. I can't wait to read part 2.
Kori Dicken
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Talk about a wicked turn of events! Two people madly in love but just can’t seem to get it right! Definitely an emotional roller coaster! On to the next book!
Carole
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

So good i was angry and happy and sad right there with the characters. Great writing, I was completely swallowed whole into the story!
Victoria
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Sharilyn Russell
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5stars

This book is a great read. Reminds us of our first time falling in love and how it tears us up.
Elizabeth
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I really liked this book except for the part that we were reading about sexy scenes from characters that were underaged. That kinda weirded me out. I love the characters though!
Tony Parsons
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amelia “Mia” Quinn Russell (aka token girl, narrator, HS student, school newspaper), Leo Taylor (HS student, FB WR, BB, soccer, popular, aka Lion), Nathaniel “Nate” Wellman (HS student) started out going to Marian Johnson Primary school, then Herbert Andrews Elementary school, now Eatonboro HS (Eagles).

Hopefully they would forever be best friends.
Quinn was helping Leo’s brothers: Simon & Danny who had started a lawn mowing business in the summer.
Friday night HS Football & hanging out at
Carrie
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2016
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow - this book really put me through hell and back. This was teen angst at its finest and it brought back all the horrible and magical times along with it. This is the start of a new set of books, so please don't hope for happily ever after at the end of this one.

Nate, Leo, and Quinn have been friends forever. Their friendship began because of the friendship their parents have but it definitely grew into something genuine between t
Terri
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book One of the Keeping Score Trilogy . . . see how it all begins!

Three friends. Two loves. One choice.

Leo, Quinn and Nate . . . we've been the Trio all of our lives. I'm the oldest, thanks to my premature birth. Leo and Quinn are the closest things I have to a brother and sister, even though the feelings I have for Quinn go way beyond friendship.

I've been in love with Quinn since junior high. Maybe even before then. She's always been my fierce protector, the one person who looks beyond my physi
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing

litljen
**ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

When We Were Us is the perfect storm---a love triangle involving 3 best friends that was destined to blow up and leave the wreckage strew everywhere. I have many mixed emotions about this story and the characters. At different times throughout the book, I both loved and hated Nate, Leo and Quinn. Told from a triple POV, we get to experience everything first hand from each character. This book spans from 5th grade through high school g
Krissy Smith
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nate, Quinn, and Leo. The three musketeers. Friends since before they were even born. Then life happens. They remain friends, but things never remain the same or as simple as they have always been. I love everything about this book. It leaves you cheering when things go the right way, wanting to wring their necks when they won't see what you want them to see, and knowing exactly what it is they are feeling at any given time. We have all been there. This book is extremely reminiscent. It will str ...more
KS
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of 3 childhood friends who grow up and become hormonal teenagers. Nate loves Quinn; Quinn loves Leo; Leo loves...well it takes quite a while for Leo to finally show his feelings for Quinn. It's hard to remain friends with so many changes happening. High school is difficult enough without growing apart and having unrequited feelings for your best friend. And you will probably want to punch Nate by the end of the book.

This is Book 1 in the trilogy and definitely not a typical Taw

• Chasing Fireflies (A Chasing Novel Book 1)
  • Watch Me Walk Away (Walking, #1)
  • Smash Into You (Sorority Row #1)
  • Unlocking Fear (Keys to Love, #1)
  • Possession (Black Light #11)
  • The Counting-Downers
  • Poet (Redemption Reigns MC, #1)
  • The Infinite Love Series (Complete Box Set)
  • The Single Game (The Apartment Novels, #3)
  • Tempest Torn (New Hope, #2)
  • Down by the Water
  • Serial Summer
  • Tracing Holland (NSB, #2)
  • Entangled Souls (Scarred Hearts, #1.5)
  • To Steal a Heart (Secrets and Spies, #1)
  • Solitude of a Birdcage (Forget Me Not #1)
  • Written On Her Heart (Callaway Cove #1)
  • Just Watch the Fireworks
Tawdra Kandle writes romance, in just about all its forms. She loves unlikely pairings, strong women, sexy guys, hot love scenes and just enough conflict to make it interesting. Her books run from YA paranormal romance (THE KING SERIES), through NA paranormal and contemporary romance (THE SERENDIPITY DUET, PERFECT DISH DUO, THE ONE TRILOGY) to adult contemporary and paramystery romance (CRYSTAL CO ...more

Keeping Score (3 books)
  • Hanging by a Moment (Keeping Score #2)
  • Days of You and Me (Keeping Score #3)