Start by marking “Jaq with a Q” as Want to Read:

* Anxiety
* Released from mental hospital
* Panic attacks
* Nobody would miss her
* In the eye of the beholder
Published May 3rd 2016

Christy
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
3 stars!

photo 5F242961-371C-42A5-B6DF-3A2A68B356CC_zps2ppo5k9o.jpg
“She’s scared.”
“Of what?”
“Everything, I have no idea, but I’m about to find out.”

It's been a while since I read a book I was so conflicted over...

Mental Health books are my jam. I LOVE them. If I'm reading a book and someone has something going on like that, it's usually insta-love between me and the book. There were parts of this book I loved. There were parts that were a little crazy for me. Then there was the ending. I'm hoping it's just me and lots of other people love the ending,
Pam
May 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, sixty-first-reads, 3
3.75 somewhere out there stars

Oliver needs a purpose, everyone knows him to get easily bored especially when there is no challenges to entice him to stay. He is extremely smart and has the means to live a life worth living; he just hasn't found what that life should be. He receives a disturbing call from a girl who speaks as if she was drained of her will to live and thus begins his obsession...
"I’m going to teach her to be happy instead of afraid.”

Jaq is afraid...afraid of everything, for
Beverly
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I am not even sure how to start this review, for days I didn’t even rate this book since I was at a complete loss. Jaq with a Q is like nothing I have ever read before and I have read a lot of books that center around mental heath issues, but nothing like this.

The story begins with us meeting Jaq, she is a young girl who is basically being abandoned or left at a low income housing apartment. She is terrified to be left there, but her counselor/case manager/I am not sure what is leaving her alon
Dee Montoya
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, best-of-2016, dark, epic
4.5 Crazy in Love Stars*****

(ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

There's nothing better for me than a truly original story. You gotta love Jettie Woodruff for never following a recipe and for only going by what her heart tells her. Her stories are bold, unique and always highly entertaining. Jaq with a Q is going to my top favorites shelf.

Be bold, be daring and enter the world of crazy and beautiful...

photo 98A49996-3B9B-4550-80A3-A49AF553A2AA_zpsqbjo0jwt.jpg

Jaq has been living in a mental institution for a few years , she
warhawke
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Book 1 of Kismet series
POV: First Person - Male
Rating:

Oliver (Ollie) Benson was a brilliant man. As a quantum physicist, he approached everything in life with scientific method. That was until he got a phone call that changed everything.

Jaq Tarantino had a problem. Growing up in bad household had made her a socially awkward individual with major trust issue. She wanted to shut out the world, but he was determined to changed it.

What first attracted me to this bo
CC
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

Jaq is a troubled young adult that suffers from a myriad of mental disorders and has been institutionalized for many years. Now that Jaq is 18 yrs old, her caseworker is convinced it’s time for Jaq to live independently despite Jaq’s pleas to stay under constant supervision and medical care.

Oliver Benson is genius with a scientific mind but he’s become complacent due to lack of focus and minimal challenges. One day, Oliver’s mundane life irrevocably changes when he receives a random p
Jen
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
***3.5 STARS***

This book had the potential to be something really great. Don't get me wrong...I did enjoy it, although there were times I felt it was dragging and I had wished something MORE was going to happen. Even having said that, once the book past the 38% mark, I had a hard time putting it down. One of the main things that I enjoyed about this read is that is was something different than the same old I have been getting lately. "Jaq with a Q" is the first book in the series and I will admi
Di Covey
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Connected Stars!

This story touched me on a deeper level, I loved the innocence wrapped in tragedy, the light vs dark, the push, the pull. This story is about healing, a connection beyond the physical sense.

This has to be my favorite from Jettie thus far. I'm a dark reader, and I prepared myself for the next level of crazy, because that's how she rolls. I never expected this story to be what it was. It was so much more. I'm going with a gray read, almost vanilla for me as a dark reader. There'
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Jaq With a Q
Author: Jettie Woodruff
Series or Standalone: Series
POV: Dual
Characters: 3
Plot: 3.5
Scorching Level:3.5
HEA: Not telling

I love Jettie Woodruff. Suit & Slut are two of my favorite books of 2015 and I was very excited to read this book. The blurb certainly captured my attention.
We meet Jaq. Jaq is a young woman who has lived the last five years of her life in a mental hospital for juveniles. When it is time to get out
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-arc

5.0 THIS.BOOK.FREAKED.ME.THE.FUCK.OUT.STARS!!!
“Well, I, I, I’m looking for someone to like, like get rid of someone.” I sputtered hot coffee from my lips, choking on her words and my drink . That’s not what I was expecting. Heroin or meth maybe, but not that . “You want to hire a hitman? You want to kill someone?”“Well, no. I want someone to kill me.”

HOLEE-SHIT THIS BOOK!!!
It freaked me the fuck out I might have a heart attack and my sanity was at stake while reading this!!! And OH MY Je
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
4.5 Stars!

Jettie always manages to keep me on my toes with her books. I never know what to expect with her. Jaq with a Q is no exception. This is an interesting type of novel. It's not a dark or light novel; to me, it's a serious novel. It touches on some very heavy topics... mental illness, child rape, and sex slavery, but at the heart of the novel, it's a love story. It's a story about the healing power of unconditional love. And what a beautiful story it is!

"You're uniquely one of a kind, Ja
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

I am a very confused reviewer at this moment. I came across a book with the name “Jaq with a Q” by Jettie Woodruff and even though it was on short notice – I was so intrigued by the Blurb that I decided to request a review possibility for it.

The Blub, which actually honestly isn’t really one – captured my attention on so many levels that I would not even know where to start explaining myself.

And now after reading the book I am more confused than ever, because this story is so different from anyt
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author*

Well, well… where to start with this one…

Hmm… how about this is probably one of those books where I will have no rating because in all honesty, I don’t know how to… even after I’ve given it some more thoughts…

With what I’ve read of Jettie’s works, I know that I will get something I don’t expect. That, at least, is a given here. If I see it from that perspective, I suppose I could give it 5-stars. But the thing is, the whole time I was reading it, I seriously don’t know
Kim Howlett
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The synopsis of this book is very vague but words like hitman, wanting to die and mental hospital immediately caught my interest and made me want to find out what this book was about.
This book was completely f**ked up in a good way. Lol
This is a story that you need to go blind in to. It definitely needs to be read to believe. Now I no why the synopsis was so vague.
The uniqueness of the story had my interest within the first couple of pages.
Every twist was unexpected. I never knew what was goin
Tiffany Landers
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review to come, but I just finished this book and it is crazy f""*ed up in a fabulous way!! The way the author writes how a person can be so deeply wounded and reveal the effects to that person as an adult, left me gasping! The author had to put in a TON of research to write this magnificent story the way she did. Oh!!! And, the twists in this story??? Oh, hell yes! Jettie left me literally open mouthed in shock (I looked like a fish) with her twists and turns. Cliffhanger, but oh how I love and ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read most of Jetties books and this has got to be favourite. I absolutely loved it.

This is a crazy read with plenty of twists and turns. The characters had my heart thumping & I found myself being sucked into their lives. I'm not going to say anything about the storyline. The blurbs a teaser so what are you waiting for? Jump right in :)

Jettie never fails to write an amazing read with characters that I can click with straight away and this is what she did with Jaq and Oliver. The feels
Lisa  Hershaw
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a unique story, so how do you help a girl who is "scared of everything"?

You find anyway possible when you feel responsible for helping a girl who dialled a wrong number, when looking for a hitman to kill herself, Jaq with a Q, but when Ollie Benson reaches out he finds his connection in life.

The way Ollie helped Jaq find her light so she would no longer be consumed by the darkness,was so great to read, the fact he helped her of his own free will and time. At first he wanted to help her
Pam
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Everything Jettie writes is unique. I was intrigued from the first few pages and the drama never let up.

Oliver is a scientist and with one mistaken phone call he becomes something else. Jaq is a young woman with a ton I mean ton of emotional baggage. She is a shut in only just left a mental institution. Through a lot of tender words and a whole lot of coaxing on Oliver's part they begin a very strange relationship.

The premise of this book is something I have never come close to reading before.
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jettie in her finest Form! !!!
Oliver Benson gets a call . From Jaq with a Q, and his life changes the moment he hears her voice.
They get a connection. Thats the only way to explain this beautiful gentle love story
It's a Connection !
It flows so smoothly , as it was ' Meant To Be' .
They were supposed to cross paths.
She was supposed to call him.
He was supposed to stalk her.
It pulls at your heart strings . Once you start , you won't be able to put it down. Trust me !
I loved the beautiful people,
Sallie
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.
“You want to hire a hitman? You want to kill someone?” “Well, no. I want someone to kill me.”
This line at the beginning of the book makes you think what the heck am I reading?! Jaq is an troubled girl who needs someone to help her manage her life. Oliver needs purpose in life instead of the boring day job. When one phone call changes it all, your thrown into the unknown and what might happened in the end. And wait until you meet Wallace! Highl
Lily
My mind was going in different direction. I had different emotions and one of them was sadness and I also felt anxious.

Start off with Jaq, she's a scared of everything. She thinks she's dying and self diagnosis on any diseases she finds online, she does it until her mind makes her believe it. Then you have Ollie that has a normal life, but one phone call changes everything, he realize he has a purpose in life and that is to help Jaq heal.

description

This book is going to keep you on your toes. I did enjoy
Rough Draft Book Blog
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jaq with a Q by Jettie Woodruff
Jaq and Oliver
A LITTLE WEIRD BUT SATIFYING
4.5 STARS

This story is not really what you think it to be, at first. It's angsty and dark. It's heart wrenching and frightening. It's even pretty damn comical at times. Jettie sure can write the crazy characters to a tee. Makes ya wonder, is she maybe just a little coo coo herself? Bwahahaha!

Jaq is a total freak! She's got some major hang ups and she's not open for suggestion, AT ALL! She makes a phone call one day that wi
Kathryn
I was provided an ARC by this author in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this book by Jettie Woodruff. I went into reading this book blind. I had no idea what to expect because I was out of the loop on the upcoming story. My fault, not Ms. Woodruff’s.

This has to be my favorite book by Ms. Woodruff so far. The whole premise of the story was new and different for me. At first I thought, “Oh great, some nerd with OCD. Craptastic!”. But I was so wrong. This story was so much more than S
Nikki Reeves
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing

AHHH Jettie Woodruff is back with a mind-blowing twist that left me speechless. I have been reading Jettie for a long time and yes this book is a cliffhanger, but it wouldn’t be a true Jettie book if she gave you everything at one time. I love how she sucks me into a story and just when you think you know… you honestly have no idea.

This book deals with a lot of mental health issues and Jaq is one messed up girl. Just by reading the blurb alone you know you are in for a ride, but I never imagin
Erin McFarland
If there ever was an author that could reinvent herself with each book, it would be Jettie Woodruff.
This book is unlike her previous books (I find myself saying that with just about every book of hers) and she put her unique writing style to the test with this one I think. And she passed with flying colors.
She took a familiar trope and put her own Jettie twist to it. I wouldn't call this book dark at all, but there are darkish elements. I have to say I was guessing the whole book to see wher
Ayesha
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay. Every time I read one of Jettie Woodruff's books I am left wondering how does she come up with this stuff??? After JWAQ I think I got it! From her disclaimer page, I was warned these charaters live in her mind...and what an Amazing Twisted F' ing mind it is. You will never be able to predict what is to come next in a jettie woodruff novel, every one of her books is different and unique but what you can expect is a well written, accurately researched full story that will leave you wondering ...more
Julia ⏃  ✦ : The Romance Rebels ✦ :
Received an arc in exchange for an honest review.

When I read Suit and Slut I thought that was f****d up. After I read this I am calling this one a cluster f**k. But in a very good way. I love a book where you just have to put it down for a minute and just scream out what the hell just happened. It was a definite turn pager, left me wanting more of Jaq and Oliver.

I would not call this a lovey dovey type of romance, no that's not Jettie Woodruff's style. She is the nitty gritty type of author th
Sheila Howell
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jettie Woodruff is back with a new twisted your mind book. Jaq with A Q will blow your mind with things only Jettie can write. She put a whole new twist on a relationships. Just when you think you have it figured out, you will not. She twist you up and make you think one way and then surprise you with each turn of the page. Get ready to set on the edge of your seat because Jaq With A Q is whole different kind of book. You have never read anything like this before. If you loved Suit and Slut then ...more
Meka♥books
Jettie Woodruff has finally revealed the cover for her new book which comes out in 15 days (May 3rd), yay!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • You're the Only One
  • Porter (Dick Dynasty Trilogy, #1)
  • Me (Perfect Chaos, #1)
  • Blood Tree: Part One
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • Insomnia (Sexual Misconduct #1)
  • Forgiving Gia (Rocker, #2)
  • Never Let Go (Take My Hand, #4)
  • Devastate (Deliver, #4)
  • Captive Films: Season 2 (Captive Films, #1)
  • Twisted Souls (Twisted, #1)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Wrapped in Shadows
  • Exchange of Fire (SBG, #1)
  • Wished for You (The Blogger Diaries, #1)
  • Torrid (Torrid Trilogy, #1)
  • Hard Ass in Love
  • Crowned by Hate (Crowned #1)
I am a story teller, a life coach, and sometimes a little crazy. I’m at an amazing time in my life where doors are opening, adventures are happening, and new friends are being made. Life is fun and I want to share that joy with the world. I’m Jettie and I am unapolgetically me.
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if y
“I learned firsthand what it meant when the stars made love to the universe. Our lips met for the final time and forever started. By divine powers, by chance, by accident, by fluke, whatever the reason for our paths crossing, Jaq was my forever and I was hers." Oliver Benson” 0 likes