Start by marking “Sicario (World's End, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sicario (World's End, #2)

Sicario

(World's End #2)

One hit man.
One slave.
One death wish.

Sold by his parents and bred in a lab, Lexan Cesare is trained for one purpose—to execute his boss's orders. In the mafia life, loyalty is everything. Emotions have no place and he never questions the rights or wrongs of the decisions that send him to terminate lives again and again.

Until one assignment draws emotions he's never felt b
Published June 20th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Sicario, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sicario

Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Set in the same world as Duce, where the mob rules completely, this is Lexan and Enzo's story. Lexan is a hit man and he is in search of his latest mark... who turns out to Enzo. In the guise of being a rich traveller - Alex Alvares - Lexan inveigles himself into Enzo's home. The more than Lexan learns about Enzo and his family, the harder he finds it to carry out his job. Then he tries to keep Enzo safe from harm, so in fact doing the opposite of what he actually started out doing. Things take ...more
Nile Princess
3.5. Mixed feelings on this one. I LOVED the characters. Enzo was perfection and Lexan was awesome. I loved the pacing, loved how naturally D/s came to them, loved Lexan's submission and how seamless it was with Enzo even though he could never give up full control to anyone before him. Solid writing, hot sex (most of the time). Where the book fell short was on the mafia/hitman angle. I found it a bit 'undercooked' and fantastical. I also always have issues with storylines where someone falls in ...more
Queue
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My god, Kai Tyler can write a compelling and action-packed tale. I loved Duce, the first book in the world’s end series, as well the teaser for this book which was published with the same title.

I don’t always enjoy Alternate Universe of Dystopian tales because the world-building, while necessary, can take over the story telling. Not so here. Tyler is able weave the required information about the world and keep the plot spinning in marvelous ways.

I wasn’t sure how Tyler could take the short tale
justanya
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Sicario is a beautifully imagined and very compelling story. The dystopian world Tyler created is quite interesting but woefully under developed. Lack of development made this story fall short in various ways which is sad because it has the bones to be a reading home run. Lexan is a contract killer but he doesn’t possess the hardcore necessary for the profession he’s in. It made was hard to buy into him being a contract killer. Enzo, our wonderful farmer and Lexan’s love interest is the embodime ...more
Donna
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
OK... maybe this didn't flow as well as I would have liked and maybe I had to scroll back and verify a thing or two from time to time... but, who cares! I really enjoyed the story, and in the end that is really all that matters to me! The fact that most of the guys (and a few gals) in the story were called "mafia" but acted more as governing bodies throughout the "new" world had me seeing the similarities of the "mafia" as compared to a lot of politicians of today... SOME of the "bad" guys are g ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Having read the previous two books in this series I was very much looking forward to reading Lex an Enzo's full story. I got a little sample of it in book 1, but that story left me with so many unanswered questions that I was hoping this book would shed some light on. I am happy to say that it did. I enjoyed getting to see how these two first met and then to see things grow and shape along the way.

Lex was sold for experimentation and grew up in a lab. The lab helped create the man he is today. A
Rachael Orman
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FourandHalfStars
I have to say after reading the short story and novel that preceeded this novel, I was super excited to dive into this one. However, that being said, I think I would almost recommend skipping the short story that started this series. The fact that there were overlapping scenes and they didn't seem to quite match up from the first to the third story (or maybe it's simply how I remember them) made it harder to get into certain parts of the story.

BUT.. I did really enjoy this story
Daniela W
Jul 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-maybe
I've got mixed feelings about this one.

The sex scenes were really well done and I liked how not set in your usual dom/sub limitations the characters were. So 5 stars for those on their own.

Sadly (in this case) there was plot, too. The words weren't really flowing and the story felt kinda rushed - especially towards the end. Everything seemed too easy and... unfinished maybe? Like a draft. Also I was confused why Enzo doesn't recognize Lexan when the meet again.

I expected something a little like
2kasmom
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in the World's End series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading the series in order.

Lexan AKA Alex has been sent to kill Enzo. They meet when he applies to work on Enzo's ranch. In order to study the man, prior to killing him, he becomes his employee.

Enzo and his sister befriend the unknown Alex. Not knowing the danger they are in, they treat him like a newfound friend. When tragedy strikes, they are separat
Ruth Evans
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read!

I thought book one was amazing but this book carries on with the story line and it is just as captivating as the first book. This story line is gripping and the characters are well written and keep you interested in their lives. It was wonderful to meet new characters and also revisit old ones.
Lex was sold as a child and brought up to do as he was told. That had always worked for him. As a hit man he didn't need to know why just who and when. Then he's given a job to do and he can'
Beebs
3.5! World's End, Book 2

I enjoyed this book more than the first but I would still like more world development. I found one particular time jump a bit confusing but all in all, it was not a bad read. I will probably read the next in series just to see where the author is taking this premise.

*Received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Ana
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 on a series. I really enjoyed it. It had some interesting characters and it had a lot of unexpected evets that keep me guessing all the time. It was very good.

It’s set up in a world control by the mafia, it had some dystopian elements, but I don’t think this particular part was well developed. It was ok, but I don’t think it would be too much different if it was set up in the present.
The plot was so interesting, I liked the twists it had, and I liked the part the characters from
United Indie Book Blog
This book had promise but it just fell flat for me. There were a lot of holes in the storyline. I also didn't really get into the story nor did I connect with the characters. I love a good mafia and M/M book but this wasn't it. Lexan, was a contract killer but he was a bit soft for me. He was so concerned about that, that I don't think he let his guard down until the end. He was so afraid of what Enzo was gonna say, when really if he truly loved him, it wouldn't matter. Enzo, on the other hand, ...more
Amy  Crull
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Kai Tyler
May 25, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Pick up your copy of Sicario: A Novel

karen fitzpatrick
Aug 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Utter runbish

Virtually identical to the first book with the exception of changed names and location. Totally lacking depth . One of the worst books I have read in a very long time. Read book one sure don't bother with this one as it is a repeat. Save your money and read book one again. A novel.. more like a joke!
Sashiel "Shy" Gawerecki
3.5 of 5 stars.

Reviewed for Nerdy, Dirty and Flirty Blog.
Sug Lyons
Nov 17, 2017
BECKY ENRIGHT
Jun 19, 2018
Addicted2M/M
Audio version. The narrator's voice is pleasant, but it cannot make up for the fact that his pronunciation is cringe-worthy. Like book one the bones of the story we very good, but needs an editing pass through. Enzo and Lexan are great together.

I think if I do a re-read, I will read it myself...then I may re-rate it.

(No, I haven't read it twice at this point. But good reads won't let me take off the other date box. Oh well.)
Anna Estruch
rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2018
Tatiana
Oct 21, 2018
Kai loves writing stories about forbidden men and relentless love, about gangsters with heart, antiheroes who do what they need to do to survive in a crazy world. These men commit to the lives they lead 100%—with heart, body and soul and when they fall in love you can be sure they bring the same level of passionate devotion to the people they love.

World's End (3 books)