Start by marking “Jessie Kasper” as Want to Read:
Jessie Kasper

Jessie Kasper

(Before We Fractured #1)

For Jessie Kasper, inner turmoil hides behind the face of an overachiever…

From the outside looking in, Jessie is a normal nineteen-year-old high school senior. Athletic, likeable, and seemingly well rounded, he’s every parent’s dream. However, he’s suffering from an unfathomable pain…the pain of loss.

Sickness tears him apart from the inside out—but the illness is not his o
Published February 16th 2016 by Limitless

To ask other readers questions about Jessie Kasper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jessie Kasper

Start your review of Jessie Kasper
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

I finished the book and will leave a temp. rating - but I will wait with my final rating until the next book is available and I had time to read it - because I have a really hard time with this story and I do not want to judge the plot until it is finished.

So far I can already say that I would have liked to know from the start that this is not a standalone novel.
Coco.V
Dec 22, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/22/2017)! 💝

Blurb:
For Jessie Kasper, inner turmoil hides behind the face of an overachiever…

Sickness tears him apart from the inside out—but the illness is not his own…

After cancer stole two of the most influential people in his life, Jessie i
Carissa Lynch
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all, anytime I'm reading a book and I feel the urge to stop and highlight a line or mark a page because it moves me so much, I know I'm going to fall in love. I've read a few of Bradon Nave's books, but this one was my favorite. I couldn't put it down and I felt so touched by the characters and invested in their stories.
The main character, Jessie Kasper, is intense . But he's also so genuine and likable, I found myself loving his character. After losing both his mother and brother to c
Chelsi Tauscher
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bradon Nave is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Superb writing, coupled with lovable characters and a fantastic, original story line, and this book has the makings of something amazing.
Jessie Kasper has lost his brother, and his mother to a horrible disease. He now has an irrational fear of getting the same thing. While in the beginning you find yourself thinking 'what in the world is wrong with this kid?' you quickly sympathize.
His best friend Duke is hilarious. The kind of best friend I t
Paula  Phillips
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I had been looking forward to reading this book as I had recently read one of this author's previous books "Keeping Tarnished" and it was so powerful and amazing . Jessie Kasper was the same , this book was AMAZING and I believe it is one that every YA needs to read and have on their list as it helps deal with the raging emotions that we go through . Jessie Kasper has it all from dealing with grief in different levels to a hypochrondriac level to abuse from those who should be caring for us the
Chris
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, read this in one day. I could not put this one down.
Kimberly Vanderbloom
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy from a friend who said I was going to love this book. My friend was right. She was so right that not only did I purchase a copy for myself I had to share it with a few friends. This book blew my mind. I actually got through it in one sitting. I couldn't put it down. I had to know what was going because I was clueless. That ending was OMG!! I mean my jaw dropped last night and I still haven't picked it up.

You get to meet Jessie Kasper. He loses his brother and mother to cancer
Jessica Ozment
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the very first page of the book, the reader is immersed into the chaotic world of Jessie Kasper. Fair warning, you will need a ton of tissues if you think you can handle reading this book. I cried my eyeballs out! One person can only handle so much pain before they collapse. This story follows a young high school kid named Jessie who suffers more heartache than most.

Jessie's life takes a turn for the worst when his mother, and brother suffer untimely death's due to cancer. Like any one who
Esther Haddie's Haven
I received a review copy of this book in honor of this blog-tour. All opinions are my own and are not, by any means, influenced by others.

This book begins with an impression bang. The first chapter gets you on your toes and you immediately are rushed into Jessie's head. His every move takes a major toll on you. Jessie is a well developed character; he's believe-able, and extraordinarily realistic. Sarah, Lily, Kacey and Duke are also amazing characters. I am just at a loss of words to express i
❤️Melanie G.
I have never read anything by the author before but I am going to change that after reading this phenomenal book.

This story was amazing and heartbreaking at the same time. Jessie is a young man who is lost and battling demons that no young man should have to face. He has amazing people in his life that help and support him. Until Kasey enters his life. Don't get me wrong....she helps Jessie tremendously however she is just as lost and broken. Her support team is pretty nonexistent.

The ups and d
Polly
Apr 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessie Kasper is a novel that I have long been waiting for because it talks about anxiety. I know there are a lot of other novels that also talk about anxiety, but they all seem to be written by “main stream” authors.
If you read this and you are not aware how anxiety attacks or how a panic attack works, you might just judge Jessie Kasper for being the way he is. But as for me, I understand him. I do understand him because I also sometimes become too anxious up to the point that it eats my whole
D.A. Roach
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first novel from author, Bradon Nave & I approached it open-minded. I knew this was a ya book & the first in a series. I also knew it dealt with a teen who has lost loved ones to cancer and has developed anxiety & a phobia to the sickness. But that's all I knew.

Author Bradon Nave immersed me into his story immediately & I forgot I was reading a book (proof, in my book, that the writing is amazing). The story developed like a slow burn, building the characters & back story, having the
Lois Welsh
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a three book series.

If you have been abused in any way it is going to touch a nerve.

The first book is Jessies view of what is going on.

The second the book is Kaceys view of what is going on and goes further with the story.

The third book is Dukes talking about the rest of the story.

There are other characters that you will like and a few that you won't.

Deborah
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Depressing Read!

This is probably aimed at teenage readers who have battled mental l illness but I found pretty much the entire story incredibly depressing!
Needs a little more editing in places for spelling /grammar.
Kelly Yekel
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

This book was intense and hard to swallow. The psychology of loss and abuse each o these together characters was overwhelming. However, it was a little disturbing to read.
Anniek
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessie Kasper is a cute and sweet teenager. Ever since he lost his mother and his brother to cancer he has developed an irrational fear of getting this disease himself. Whenever he thinks that he has found a lump or when he has pain anywhere he gets severe anxiety attacks. With the help the doctor he sees every month and his psychiatrist he's trying to overcome his grief and his fears.

Kacey is a girl who has to deal with her own loss. She lost her father in a car accident and still has to work
Lilly Charysma
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free digital edition in exchange for an honest review

This is again a very emotional story, about a teenager trying to get over his fear of sickness. After losing his mother and brother to cancer, Jessie is struggling to accept the idea that he is a healthy person. When in one of his panic attacks understands he is hurting those he loves, he accepts professional help and is decided to put all efforts in bringing pace to his mind.

An new girl comes to class and a beautiful friendshi
Beatrice
May 15, 2016
Irma
rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2017

• Pivotal Moments (In Time, #1)
  • Confession of a Nerdoholic
  • Project Revolution (R is for Rebellion Book 2)
  • Bailey And The Bad Boy (Scandalous, #1)
  • Nowhere Girl (Foundlings, #1)
  • 12 Hours in Paradise
  • The Loneliest Cottage (Alaskan Hearts #1)
  • Lost in Me (Here and Now, #1)
  • If It's Only Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #6)
  • Good Girl (Wicked, #1)
  • Wicked Girl (Wicked, #3)
  • Forever Wicked (Wicked #4)
  • Bad Girl (Wicked, #2)
  • Renew
  • Some Like It Charming (It's Only Temporary #1)
  • Crazy for Your Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #5)
  • Wrapped in Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #4)

Before We Fractured (3 books)
  • Kacey Monroe (Before We Fractured, #2)
  • Duke Austin (Before We Fractured, #3)

News & Interviews