Start by marking “Sugar Love” as Want to Read:
Sugar Love

Sugar Love

Sugar...

That's some kind of name, isn't it?

It wasn't any type of name I'd heard of, but across the world, it seemed I was the only one.

You see, he's an international superstar, talented, sexy, and one day, he comes walking into my record store. He tells me he wants to buy some music, and later on, wants to get to know me a little better.

I had no idea he was here for his Am
Published March 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Sugar Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sugar Love

Karen's Bookshelf
***ARC received for an honest review****
Harley hasn't had it easy, but she's learned to deal with the unexpected situations life throws her way. So when Jae, AKA Sugar, unexpectedly walks into her record store, she doesn't understand why she doesn't know how to deal with him, and the unexpected attraction she has to him after just one encounter with the sexy stranger.
This was a sweet romance about two people who are trying to navigate their way through life while falling in love, which could ma
Erica
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it
3 1/2 it was nice, but ...
Mel
Ahh...OMG. I loved this book so much like I actually stayed up wayyy past bedtime to finish it because I couldn't put it down. First off, I am a huge kpop fangirl (my bias groups are BTS and Got7) so this just filled me with like champagne bubbles of feels and happiness. I loved how you can see how much effort the author put into the book like she really captured the ins and outs of kpop and kpop fandom flawlessly and I was just so impressed.

I liked the main couple: Harley and Choi "Sugar" Jaehy
Cathy
*** ARC given for a Honest Review ***

Interracial read where the lead male is Kpop idol? This is totally up my alley! This story is about a girl who owns a music store and a Kpop idol who's preparing for his solo American debut. Said idol happens to visit her store when he's out looking for some good music and some inspiration for his own music. They meet and are immediately drawn to each other and go through their ups and downs before ultimately having their own HEA.

My thoughts:
I struggled with
♠️ TABI ♠️
Jun 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
sometimes I just gotta have one of those guilty pleasure reads for blue moons okay
Pearline
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a good book but I have such high standards whenever I read this author she has created some of my favorite series from the Space Between to Found By You. For some reason there wasn't as much chemistry between these characters, I honestly couldn't see how they fell in love with each other. I'm used to this authors characters love developing throughout the story but I wasn't getting it from the storyline. Hopefully the next book in the series is better or the author creates a part two for ...more
Crystal Connor
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm glad that's over.

I started reading this book April 2nd. I had to stop several times because it was so dull. In the interim I read Five. Other. Books. Sex didn't take place until halfway through the book. Action didn't take place until I was seventy-five percent through the book. The story itself is not bad. I just need more action or drama. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the romance genre.
Christine Duncan
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this story

I gave this 4 stars because I enjoyed the story. The characters were different but came together as a cohesive unit overall. The only reason I held back a star wasn't because the story wasn't well-written. It was because I felt the end didn't have a solid conclusion that was realistic.
La Vida Rose
Not my fave by Victoria. Sucks because I'm a huge fan of BWAM genres and I love her writing but damn, why we gotta wait until half way through the book to get to the sex?lol I mean, it was a lot. While I did like reading about how KPop groups work and all, it was just too much detail I think about other things that didn't really matter regarding the romance between these two. Jae is adorable though. I like the couple together though, I think they're cute, but I did have to skip over some stuff t ...more
Catherine Marie Meyer
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it's a win

this story surprised me from the get go. I fell in love with Harley and Dom from the beginning, then the more I learned about her, Tess. Jae kinda stayed on hold until he told Harley he loved her and then he let all of his fans know. really good story with no noticeable grammar issues.
Patricia
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!!

I loved it!!! Jae and Harley make a great couple. They both loved music and each other soo deeply. Harley, Tess and Dom are a family without being blood. Blood is not what's shared that makes a family it's the love that shared.
Ty
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
good read

I really did like this book it ended well and I wonder if the other band mates will get their story like Tess what happen with her and haze and siwon....
Jazmen
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love--review soon!
Mary Elizabeth
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Love

You’ll love Jae and Harley. All they each have to overcome to find love and happiness is worth the struggle. Really enjoyed this book!
Gabby
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beautiful-cover
Best book I read this year by far. I need a Jae in my life.
Ks6485gmail.Com
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very good! Nice love story
Elvira Rowe
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I loved this book!!!

First off, I just bought this book yesterday at Penned Con St. Louis. I met the author on Friday and spazzed about kpop after she told me this book was based off her music love. I had to buy it and fell in love!!!! If you love Kpop and have fanfics about your favorite bias/idol, you will sooooo love this book!

Harley- A american music store owner who has had a rough life, moved to So-Cal first chance out of the system, met the Owner of Capri and his best friend Dom, en
Kerry
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one.

Warning: Mild Spoiler Alert Ahead

*****STOP Reading if you don't want Spoilers****

I previously read a book from this author but I didn't really like that story...

However, this one was a lot better. The plot of this book was about an African American record store owner falling in love with a Korean/American KPOP singer/rapper. I liked the pace of the story and how the romance developed between the main characters. Even though they had an instant connection upon first meeting, thei
Kellsea
I received an ARC for an honest review.
This book was a hard read. I've never heard of K-Pop before and it was different. I love Victoria H Smith. I've re-read all her books multiple times and I'm pretty sure I signed up 3 millions times to get an ARC. The character are well rounded. Her co-workers slash friends are people that i can see in my own life, especially Tess. I love that in all her books Ms. Smith makes everyone seem so real. I loved Dom's loyalty to Harley. He's seen sides of her that
Whitney
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got Sugar Love for a few reasons. I love reading BWAM romance, which isso hard to find that isn’t steeped in exoticism and stereotypes (I mean, if you search for them on amazon a good portion have that “chinese” font on the covers). I also was really obsessed with Kpop in my early/mid 20s (YG Family!) and was excited to read about it this genre. And who could pass up a .99 cent pre-order price. Money well spent.

This was a cute story about finding yourself and breaking out on your own to find y
Animekrazed
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book early for an honest review.

Probably some spoilers in my review. Just a warming.

The story consisted of an African American female lead and a Asian male lead. The story was very interesting because as I was reading each chapter I feel as though their relationship blossomed into one I viewed realistic than most relationships in a book. Their chemistry was on point and I loved how their physical interactions did not happen until a little while into the book. I feel as Jae and H
M. Jones
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-adult
(The Frizzy Bookster) Sierra
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: K-Pop Fans, Fangirls
Rating – 4.10

Warning: Mild Spoilers

Sugar love is the heartwarming tale that mimics the exuberance of a Korean drama. The story follows the budding romance between a vinyl shop owner Harley and a k-Pop star Jae. Already this premise will have many K-Pop fan girls at the edge of their sits and rightfully so but in some areas the story is lacking. The main characters develop a bond in an almost insta-love fashion. The love is cute but does not contain the smoldering heat that is evident in Ms. Smi
MissLittleBookAddict
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Miss Little Book Addict

Rating 5 our of 5 stars

I ran across this book on Fb and the cover immediately had me intrigued. I'm so glad I one clicked this book. This is my first time being introduced to this author. Victoria's writing style is a breath of fresh air for me. I had been in a little bit of a reading slump and Sugar Love was the book to break my reading and reviewing slump.

This book immediately sucked me in
Maria Hammonds
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New

This has new aspects to the story of love. I really liked when they were just finding the newness of their love how the public took offense to it. A great way to include all sides of love to overcome everything.
Yolanda
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Harley owns Capri, a record store, and meets Jae, a hot Korean who’s into hip-hop. Jae and Harley bond over their mutual love of hip-hop. It’s not until later and by accident, that Harley discovers that Jae is Sugar, leader rapper for Kpop mega group LVL NXT. This discovery leads to all sorts of complications for Harley. Throw in Harley’s vindictive ex-boyfriend, Harley’s Kpop loving roommate, Tess, Jae’s bandmates, and disgruntled
Crystal Franklin
Sugar Love, Sugar Love, these two words says it all!! This was a wonderful story that Ms. Victoria Smith made come to life from beginning to end. This is the story of Harley and Jae (Sugar). Harley is a transplant to California who “owns’ a music store and Sugar is from South Korea, who just happens to be Kpop artist. I loved watching their story unfold over the course of the book. I believe that they met at a time that both were ready to be open to a relationship even though Harley went through ...more
Ivory
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC in exchange for a review.
I can't lie, I really liked this one. I think it had more to do with the whole K-Pop/Korean aspect of it.
Overall, I enjoyed this little story....but there were times when I felt like it wasn't flowing and I found myself skipping pages(mainly in the beginning) Jae and Harley's deep love and respect for music was their connection.
I liked Jae/Sugar but I didnt really love him until he did the video to his fans. That made me put my kin
Susiq
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the characters of Sugar (Jae) and Harley. Jae is a kpop star Harley is record store owner. Harley has some trust issues because she grew up in foster care system, when she left the system she made bad decision because she was searching for family. Jae is a kpop star who is trying to do something new with his career. When he and Harley first meet she didn't know who he is because she is unfamiliar with kpop. The two of them fall in love slowly. Their relationship blossoms over their lov ...more

• Crimson Footprints II: New Beginnings
  • Bind (The Irish Mob Chronicles #3)
  • Anatoly's Retribution: Book One (The Medlov Men 5)
  • Craigslist Lover
  • Chasing Moonlight (Again for the First Time #3)
  • Open Wounds (Damaged Souls, #2)
  • Dmitri: The Russian's Christmas Baby (BWWM) (The Wallflower's Series Book 3)
  • The Fight Within
  • Broken Soldier: A Lost Hearts Novella: Novella One (Lost Hearts Series)
  • Hot Holiday Love: an Interracial romance
  • A Personal Matter
  • Again
  • The Wedding
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
  • Jane
  • Miscegenist Sabishii
  • His Revenge Baby: 50 Loving States, Washington
  • Rowan (The Corbett Billionaire Brothers #1)
Victoria H. Smith has a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. She puts it to good use writing romance all day. She resides in the Midwest with her Macbook on her lap and a cornfield to her right. She often draws inspiration for her stories from her own life experiences, and the characters she writes give her an earful about it.

In her free time, she enjoys extreme couponing, reading, watching Sca