Start by marking “Sunflower Touches” as Want to Read:
Sunflower Touches

Sunflower Touches

One more Brady Bunch joke, and I swear I will ugly cry in the corner!
Dad took seven years after Mom died to find the right woman. My stepmom is nice. I have no complaints but one. Like Dad, she has three daughters. If math is your defect, that’s six teenage girls in one house.
At least, we have a new house, but we also have a forced bonding project. It’s not a camping wee
Published March 12th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Sunflower Touches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunflower Touches

Start your review of Sunflower Touches
Cheryl
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of this author's books. However, the name I know this author under is Cheryl Dragon. She writes erotica novels. I can barely remember a book that I have read that I did not like. So, when I got the chance to read this book I jumped at the chance. Yet, you could call me very curious about this book. I wanted to see how Ms. Dragon aka Ms. Oblon was at writing YA books. Well I am happy to report that Ms. Oblon can write YA books.

In the beginning I was team Chloe but then I quickly got o
❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
Just not my cup of tea. It's not you, it's me. ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
Starting out I really had hopes for this story. I love a good YA but I feel that there was something missing.

The story follows Chloe. A teenage girl whose had a comfortable/rich lifestyle. Though she has lost her mother. She took more of the role, since her father worked so much. Then one day her father meets Nat, falls in love and gets married. So they combine both household naturally. So six teenage girls in one house. Cat is the oldest and becomes her roomie.

The writing for me, was ok and I
Lissa Rice
**2 Stars** I received a copy in exchange for an honest review. Review and rating will be up on Boundless Book Reviews.
Karen Wright
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would like to say up front that I was given a copy for review by the author. It is not a book I would typically choose to red but I was pleasantly surprised. Once I started reading it, I really liked it and didn't want to stop. At the end, I felt like I wanted to pick up the next installment and keep reading. Chloe is a 16 year old girl that has been a mother figure to 2 younger sisters since their mother had passed away. Suddenly everything is about to change when her father marries a woman w ...more
Alicia
So this will be a series? Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that.

There seems to be an identity crisis in the novel as I was reading the beginning expecting one thing (a very static girl-story about family) and then was catapulted into darker themes of rape, while still being distracted by all the family dynamics. Yes, an identity crisis.

Chloe is the main character, while Cat, her stepsister is now in the picture, along with four other sisters after Chloe's father remarries after the death of the
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Chloe Seaburn gets a new family which includes three sisters when her dad marries again years after her mother's death. Chloe is hoping her stepmom will step up and relieve her of mini-mom duty. Chloe has to share a room with her new stepsister Cat. Cat has very rigid ideas about money and food. As Cat and Chloe learn to get along with one another a new problem arises in the form a boy named Diego. Chloe has admired Diego as an artist for a really long time. Cat warns Chloe that Diego is bad new ...more
Teresa Kander
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I LOVED this book, and can't wait to read more in the series. It's definitely not the Brady Bunch, for sure. It's a more realistic look at two families blending, and six girls trying to find a way to get along.

One of the first differences that rears its head is how the families look at money. Chloe has no problem buying tablets and vanities for her new sisters, and making sure everyone had top quality hair products and feminine products. Cat is more frugal, and would be happy with the status quo
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
The Book Junkie Reads . . . Review of Sunflower Touches. . .
I am not sure if I could push on with a new family being blended with three new females. Now giving the already estrogen filled home seven females to cope with. Not without pulling some hair out and maybe even kicking a little but along the way. The one really good thing was getting a friend and a sister that could understand you.

Chloe has some giving up and growing up to do. She has a newly blended family where she is no longer the w
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
*Recieved ARC Copy from the author for honest review*

"Love hits you like a bus. Hopefully, it's the right one." Sunflower Touches is a story of how opposites attract, and making a blended family work. Chloe has been the "woman of the house" since her mom died, and is looking forward to having some of the burdon of taking care of her younger sisters lifted when her dad re-marries. But sometimes giving up old habits can cause friction, and Chloe must work on being a big sister to the new additions
Anika
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway and I was extremely excited when I got it as is the first book I've won in a giveaway! The saying don't judge a book by it's cover is very relevant to this book. When you first see the cover it looks like a cute fun book, and while this book was enjoyable, it covered many darker subjects that I wasn't expecting. ...more
Karen
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable YA story about a two families with sisters who must learn to become a part a large family after their parents marry. This is about the eldest sister but you meet all the others and the second oldest is a big part of this story. I really enjoyed getting into the dynamics of the sisters as they learn about each other.
Charline Bonham
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Provided by instafreebie. Family went from 3 to 6 girls with the marriage of their parents. Tension between 2 oldest when one warns other about a boy but will not confide why. Good teen insight but not for young teens because of subjects.
Rachel Capello
May 23, 2016
April Harvey
Mar 12, 2016
Christy
rated it did not like it
May 18, 2020
Kevin
May 09, 2016
Jordan
May 20, 2016
Writer of YA…currently DIY Dolls contemp with intrigue and romance. She loves meeting readers, binge watching TV shows, wasting time watching YouTube, writing as much as possible, and making up stuff.
Cats over dogs. Chocolate over vanilla. Lime over lemon…gotta make decisions!