Start by marking “Rough Edges” as Want to Read:
Rough Edges

Rough Edges

Work hard, play hard, love hard…

Nothing is sexier than someone who knows what they want and has the confidence go after it. This anthology is crammed full of hot romances featuring those kinds of rough-around-the-edges alpha personalities–stories about the kind of men and women who ride horses during the day and their partners at night, who speak few words but
Published June 14th 2016 by Pen and Kink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rough Edges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Edges

Randi Perrin
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been die-hard "I'm not a fan of Westerns" for a long time now. But, a few recent reads of mine have caused me to re-think that stance, and ROUGH EDGES is no exception.

What I love most about an anthology is how you can take a simple theme, in this case "cowboys" and get a collection of incredibly diverse stories. It's not just cowboys. It's ghosts, and magic, and cowboys, and first loves, soul mates, and even time travel, and some very hot scenes that ... yeah. Just, damn.
Katorah Kenway
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful group of short stories. Each one provided the reader with a different flare. I enjoyed the fact that there were modern time stories mixed with the old West. Nicely compiled.

If you're looking for something quick to read, pick this collection.

*Note - I received a copy of this book for my honest review.
Ian D.
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a collection of short erotic stories
An anthology of seven tasty short stories, all featuring cowboys. Normally, I wouldn't think of "western" or "cowboy" as one of the genres I enjoyed reading, but this collection changed my thinking. These are all imaginative and well-written examples of erotica, engaging stories which include lively sex scenes.

With any anthology, there will always be some stories I enjoyed more, but that’s just my personal preference. It’d be unfair to say more – strongly encourage others to find the
Doug B
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This anthology is a fun read. Cowboys are a straight forward theme and evokes images of the wild west, rough & tumble times, and hard living men [and women]. Add in sex and you get a new look on the genre. Cori picked very well the selection of stories, none of which failed to entertain. From decidedly mundane to the supernatural, each story brings a unique voice to the subject.

While I think all the stories are good, I found two that drew me in and wouldn't let go. The first is "
Elizabeth
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given the book Rough Edges for review. All of the stories were very good, exciting and sexy. They were also westerns, which I normally don't get into but a few of these were fun reads. My favorite was the first story, Lady of Lacrymosa. The mysterious Lady Gunslinger intrigued me until the very end when I discovered to my great surprise and delight who she really was. Great twist. The paranormal Hunted And Haunted held my attention to the very end, and I like ghost stories so this one plea ...more
Sara Bauer
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This erotic anthology of adventure in the Wild West tradition gives new meaning to the phrase ‘bucking bronco.' Not to be missed, Rough Edges will make you want to save a horse and ride a ... well, you get the idea.
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Amy W
Book provided by publisher
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

With seven stories packed into this anthology, there’s plenty of variety. What they have in common is a distinct Western flair.

Lady of Lacrymosa was a strange sort of story with a f/f twist. No real details other than a lady gunslinger. It was highly explicit, with a bit of a twist at the end.

Hunted and Haunted proved to be an interesting story with a ghostly presence
poppy
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A super collection of short stories just loved this set of stories recommended to all
Torie
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: smexilicious
Wow.

Just ...wow.

Let me say up front that I have never been an enthusiastic fan of Western romance, in fact one of the last ones I read was back in 1992! So, when offered a chance to read and review this anthology, I undertook my mission with 85% 'open mind' and 15% 'please, Book Gods, do not fail me on this.'

I am happy to say that as I finished the last story, I was 100% 'Yeehaw, we done got us a gold mine here!'

This amazingly sexy anthology of adv
T Van
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This anthology had a mix of short stories, varying in subject matter, interest, and quality. Ghost stories and time travel are not genres usually to my liking, and these stories, I enjoyed less, although "Lady of Lacrymosa" chilled almost delightfully. Standout stories included Coming up Roses, about a Healer and a Shifter; My Midnight Cowboy, about a special new beginning for a pastry chef and ranch hand on a New Year's Eve flight, and Jump Without Looking where two ornery horses gentle two wou ...more
Jordan
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I LOVE COWBOYS! An anthology of cowboy stories is right up my street.

This is a group of seven short stories all centred around cowboys, but all so different, from modern day to old western, to paranormal. Its a great way to read new authors in one go, and not have to read a full Novel.

There are some that I preferred more than others in here but they are all well written and enjoyable. I wont say which were my favourites as I think everyone should read them and form their own opinion
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with this book. This is a huge book with different Cowboy stories one for every type of romance lover out there. I loved each different type and how well written the stories where. I would definitely read more from these authors.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Review Copy of this book.
Lillian Cummings
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
A great selection of erotic short stories. Never judge someone before yo know them. Sometimes dreams can come true no matter how strange they might be. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review
C bond

Sep 18, 2016
Mainely Stories
Nov 19, 2016
Cori Vidae
Feb 24, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
April
Tina
Terry Pearson
Cheryl Bradley

• Hot Down Under Bundle 3
  • The Crystal Fragments Trilogy (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Luminous Dreams
  • Two Hearts Collide & Embrace: The Complete Two Hearts Series
  • Fierce Salon: Wash: Season One, Episodes 1-5
  • Alphas Unbound
  • Boxed Set: The Ink Series Volume 1-5
  • London Lace: Complete Series (London Lace, #1-5)
  • Stay with Me / More of Me
  • Shifters In My Sheets 2 (Shifters In My Sheets, #2)
  • SCHOOLED 4.0
  • The Deadly Series Boxed Set (Deadly, #1-5)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Get Lucky
  • How to Reprimand Your Rock Star (DommeNation, #2)
  • Roman Holiday: The Complete Adventure (Roman Holiday, #1-10)
  • Treat Me, Thrill Me: One Night with Sole Regret Anthology
  • Some Like It Geek
Erotica writer, Assistant Editor for World Weaver Press, founder of Pen and Kink Publishing and collector of shiny things. Occasionally NSFW.