Start by marking “Echo of The Witch (Echo #1)” as Want to Read:
Echo of The Witch (Echo #1)

Echo of The Witch

(Echo #1)

There is no ‘normal life’ for a witch with a very special gift…

All Echo Freyer wants is to be an ordinary eighteen-year-old girl. She works in a rundown bookstore in New York City, watches out for her younger sister Wren, and most importantly, always makes it home before sundown.

When the Shriekers come out to play, even a witch isn’t safe…

Witches like Echo have been hun
Published March 1st 2016 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Echo of The Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echo of The Witch

Start your review of Echo of The Witch (Echo #1)
Aneesa
As soon as I got this book, I finished this in one sitting! It was so worth it after forgetting to eat or drink and in the end the only thing achieved was a back ache. I love books that capture my attention so much, I am actually immersed in it! oooooh...that should be paraphrased in reference quotes. I am so awesome.

Oh shoot. I was supposed to say that about the book not me.... awkward

This book was about Witches. End of. Before we get into this, can we just take a moment to adore how beautif
Coco.V
Oct 13, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/12/2019)! 🎁
Mironiel Blokzyl
Feb 23, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-buy
ASDFGHJKL I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS BOOK. I NEED IT NOW. PLEASE.
Maddie Kopecki
May 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Angela Sanders
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The answer is Love"

Echo and her sister Wren are witches and have been on the run since their parents were killed by immortal beings called, shreikers. These evil creatures suck the souls of witches to sustain life, wreaking havoc and devastation after the sun sets.
Echo left her protected village of Elderwood far behind and hasn't looked back. That is until she meets a mysterious stranger she feels an abnormal connection with. It's as if he can see into her soul...It's unnerving. A series of tr
Donna
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cover/Title: It is no secret that I love books about witches, demons, angels, vampires,werewolves etc. This book was right up my alley and the title said it all.

Characters: I loved the characters in this book. Jai, Echo, Onyx, Maia and Wren are a great team.

Plot: Echo is afraid to accept who she is or allow people to get close to her. Then she meets Jai & Mai and their siblings are taken captive by the Shriekers. She has to accept who she and let people in if she wants to have a chance to save
Jennifer Quinn
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I freaking love this book! It flowed easily and the characters were all written really good! I am saddened cause so far there is no second book :( Hopefully at some point we will get one cause I’ll devour it immediately.
Mila Caron
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
HONESTLY, THIS WAS THE BEST WDFJVNDJODJVOIFEJGVIOFJBVF I NEED MORE OF THIS! SO MUCH MORE OF THIS! LIKE RIGHT NOW!
Cahallas
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I can’t wait to get to the next one. It’s amazing story line. It kept me intrigued and wanting more
Kelly
Aug 17, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018, urban-fantasy, dnf
DNF
Dale
Jul 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Echo of the Witch is an exciting, magical adventure with a strong “girl power” theme. Teens and younger audiences will greatly enjoy this story for its strong female heroine whose hard work shows that facing your fears can make you stronger.

What I liked about this story was Echo, the main character. Though strong in many ways, Echo has a lot of weaknesses that make her perfectly relatable and easy to sympathize with. Throughout the story, she works hard to overcome her struggles and save hersel
Linda
Feb 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I wanted to like this book. The storyline itself promises something a bit different, and it could have been great. It just wasn't. In fact, the only reason I even finished the book was that it was so short - 174 pages according to kindle. On the other hand, its brevity might be its main problem - there simply is no time for characterbuilding, worldbuilding or depth of any kind.

(view spoiler)
Mathilda
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book!!! I'm sooo glad I found it on amazon.
I can't wait for the second to come out!!
Elaine
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
soooooo goood!
Tabatha Archer
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this, it wasn't as intense as some of the others I have read. But it was good.
Emma Bradley
rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2016
Victoria
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Natasha
Jul 07, 2016
Rhonda Hansbrough
Feb 13, 2017

• Getting Schooled
  • Her Black Wings (The Dark Amulet #1)
  • Too Close to Home (The Forensic Files #1)
  • Rich Love (The Billionaires Club #1)
  • Unleashed (Mr. Black #1)
  • Prose and Cons (Nevermore Bookshop Mysteries, #5)
  • My Weakness
  • His First Lady (Capitol Hill Series Book 1)
  • Project Revolution (R is for Rebellion Book 2)
  • Regret (Shattered Secrets #1)
  • Fear University
  • Lies & Secrets (Boston Latte #1)
  • Aboard Providence (Uncharted Beginnings #1)
  • The Killing Season (Fear University, #2)
  • Caught (Caught By the Bad Boys Book 1)
  • Monster Mine (Fear University, #3)
  • Cassius  (Wildflower, #3)
  • Rule Number One (Rule Breakers Book 1)
Jen Wilde is the YA author of QUEENS OF GEEK, THE BRIGHTSIDERS and GOING OFF SCRIPT. She writes unapologetically queer stories about geeks, rockstars, and fangirls who smash the patriarchy in their own unique ways.

Her books have been praised in Teen Vogue, Buzzfeed, Autostraddle, Vulture and Bustle. Originally from Australia, Jen now lives in NYC where she spends her time writing, drinking too mu