Start by marking “Shift (The Caelian Cycle #3)” as Want to Read:
Shift (The Caelian Cycle #3)

Shift

(The Caelian Cycle #3)

An alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here.

Chaos is what rules Sadie’s life. Separation, lies, and an overpowering Talent have pushed her fragile sanity to the breaking point. Without Kian to fall back on, Sadie has to learn that her strength comes from within – as well as from those she loves. Just when Sadie begins to attain some stability, the true nature of her
Kindle Edition
Published July 22nd 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Shift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shift

Dianne
Political leaders can’t do it, but Sadie is determined to unify the US and the Caelian citizens of America in a revolution for peace while fighting the evil machinations of one vile man, her grandfather. Donnielle Tyner is back with Shift as one young woman with a powerful Talent learns the meaning of true strength and its origins as she stands against the odds stacked against her.

Sadie is caught up in a world of chaos and confusion, separated from those she loves and depends on, faltering, alon
☽ TheBibliotheque
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating 3.5/5

Shift is the third and last installment in the Caelian Cycle, a paranormal dystopian series by Donnielle Tyner.

Let’s recap and draw some context: the world is divided by Caelians, with DNA mutations that give them new Talents, and Norms, whose DNA is not altered. Of course, both sides have extremist groups that plot against each other. So, there is a political (and violent) fight over power in order to take down the opposite group. And the key piece that can make a difference in this
czai
this review is also posted at: the Blacksheep Project. I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

* * *

So much excitement! But that was such a quick end.

Shift is the final book in the Caelian Cycle which I must say was a good series. I liked its world (the separation of those with and without Talents, how it started, and the inequality that's further rising) and its heroine (who really went through a lot since her Talent came out). It has good story development and as
C.P. Cabaniss
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, reviewed
*I received an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.*

I'm a bit torn on this book. While I found it enjoyable enough I didn't love it. There wasn't enough happening. Uo until about halfway it felt like everything was just being cycled over again and again. Even the last half had some of that. And there was a lot of potential for conflict and growth among Sadie and her group of friends, but I didn't feel like it was ever met. Everything was too neatly brushed aside or plain ignored.
Alyson Stone
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, science-fiction
Book: Shift
Author: Donnielle Tyner
Rating: 4 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank Donnielle Tyner for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review. I would also like to make readers aware of the fact that I am reviewing an unfinished ARC and that things may be changed.

I have actually have the pleasure of reading this entire series as ARCs and found myself really enjoying them. This final book (I'm assuming final book) really does wrap everything up nicely. While it is no longer
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Having had the opportunity to read the first books in this series, I was happy to be able to read the final book in this series, though I didn't remember everything about the previous books.

It was good to see Sadie again and I did like seeing the effects of the situation with Kian, even though I felt she could have handled that a bit better. It seemed somewhat odd that she went from not talking to h
Tonja Drecker
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the series and not a stand alone, since this continues to build where the other books left off.

Sadie is a caught at her aunt's mansion, separated from her friends and love interest, Kian. She's sure she's a prisoner, although all insist that's not the case, and she simply needs to find her position in the family. Her confusion and frustration is clear as she tries to figure out what to do from there.

This book isn't as much action as the first two but centers more on Sad
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
In the final edition of the Caelian Cycle, we start off being with Sadie as she spends her time with her aunt. With Finicky Francis there to tell her what she should be doing and wearing at any given time, her time there isn't as much 'fun' as she was expecting. However, this all changes with the arrival of Luca and McCredie. With tragedy and loss to contend with, Sadie has her work cut out for her.

This IS the third book in a series, so you do have to have read the first two for it to make any
Jessica
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this last insatllment of the Caelien Cycle series, we find Sadie a little worse for the wear. She is forced to reside at her Great aunt's house while the war that was instigated by her Grandfather wages between Caelien's and the norms. Sadie is struggling with PTSD and her new environment missing her friends. She struggles to get her talent under control. With the help of some new faces and her old friends they seek to make Sadie better so she can play her part in ending the war. At what cost ...more
Kristy
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review, favorites
I loved this book, and the entire series really. The message behind it was amazing and the way the characters developed felt genuine... and the ending was just perfect. I don't want to give away anything but will say that I found the plot to be very fast-paced and overall I just couldn't put the book down.. I definitely would have read it a lot faster had I not had to do real life things, like work :)

I would highly recommend this author, series, and this book to everyone who enjoys a good super
Susan Bazzett-Griffith
Finally finished this trilogy on my kindle, and the ending of the epic battle between norms and Caeliuns comes to a head between the Koenigs and the Moreaus, including Sadie and her friends old and new. A less heavy sci-fi/dystopian story than some, but still escapist fun. 3 stars.
E.A. Turley
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shift by Donnielle Tyner.
4 out of 5 stars.
This is the last book in the trilogy, and although it kept me glued to it, I'm afraid the ending was a bit disappointing! It lacked the razzle dazzle of a big finish that you're not going to forget and fell flat on its face.
But don't misunderstand me, this is a good book that will keep you turning the pages, just like the other two books in the trilogy Lost and Bound as they entertain you.
It starts off with Sadie, now having been transferred to the More
Kat
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
review to come. this was a good book the series went from strength to strength
Amanda
April Place
Oct 30, 2017
Kij
Dec 09, 2018
Hello! I’m Donnielle Tyner, writer of Science Fiction for young and new adults, reader of just about anything that catches my interests – mainly books with science fiction, paranormal/ fantasy, and romantic themes, and lover of science, tabletop games, anime, comic books, and crude humor.

I grew up in north Texas on a cattle ranch and although I have travelled extensively, I cannot seem to find my

The Caelian Cycle (3 books)
  • Lost (The Caelian Cycle #1)
  • Bound (The Caelian Cycle #2)