Start by marking “Mistletoe Cottage” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe Cottage

Mistletoe Cottage (Harmony Harbor #1)

'Tis the season for love . . .
Sophie DiRossi loved growing up in Harmony Harbor. But after fleeing in disgrace many years ago, it is the last place she wants to be. Left homeless by a fire, she's forced to go back to the small coastal town that harbors a million secrets, including her own. Sophie sees this secret reflected every day in her daughter's blue eyes-and she mus
Mass Market Paperback, 322 pages
Published October 25th 2016 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe Cottage

Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 11, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Debbie Mason Fans, Christmas, Romance
4 Because of A Child Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free It's Live!!!
When I pick up a Debbie Mason book, I know I will experience a full, well thought out story which will touch me in a number of ways. I will have a complete sense of the community, characters and the tone and feel of the tale. There will be complications to work out but while the characters are figuring out their own path through them... there will also be humor, caring and joy.

Starting a new series always has two burdens to overcome...
Michelle
Copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo bd6b6dc5726a6a92fc240b3ece0b02_zpsn28ux2co.gif

Mistletoe Cottage by Debbie Mason was a sweet, heartfelt romance that absolutely warmed up my heart. This book had me smiling big as I am sucker for small town romance. There is just something about meddlesome townsfolk and two people reuniting and discovering that spark of love. So if you are looking for a romance that had a dash of charm and a whole heaping of love then look no further than this book. Debbie Mason did an excellent job
Dianne
What is the best Christmas present a child could receive, one that every child deserves? The love and stability of family and a feeling of security and being protected, while being able to trust those around her. Has young Mia's time finally come? When Sophie became pregnant, she wasn’t much more than a child herself, so she fled to avoid the pain, shame and gossip that would surely start in the small town of Harmony Harbor. Now disaster brings her back, her tail between her legs, filled with se ...more
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Release Date: October 25, 2016
Genre: Holiday Romance

Debbie Mason delivers holiday cheer and small town romances at their best in her latest novel, Mistletoe Cottage. Being the first book in a brand new series, readers can guarantee that they will fall completely in love and want to read the upcoming books. So add it to your goodreads now! With that being said, this is a wonderful holiday novel. It follows a single mother and her daughter and one charming fireman who will light your heart on
Give Me Books
Sep 18, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to see a new series beginning by Debbie Mason, one of my favorites. She really knows how to build that small town, the one that all the characters just need to find their way back to. The one full of gossip, drama, neighbors who care, and families interconnecting. She also seems to know just how to hit me in the feels with each book I read of hers, and Mistletoe Cottage was no exception. Like a perfect Christmas cookie recipe, this book has the key ingredients.

Firstly, we have
Danielle
Sep 04, 2016 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liam has wanted his best friends sister, Sophie as long as he could remember but she ended up dating his cousin was she turned 18 and left. Now 7 years later she has returned with her daughter and finds out that the spark they had all those years ago is still as strong as ever.

Sophie loved Liam but he never asked her out and always treated her just as a friend so when his cousin asks her out she agrees. One night after too many drinks she ends up pregnant and leaves town without telling the fat
Courtney
Nov 03, 2016 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
So this is my first time ever reading any book by Debbie Mason and I loved it. This is a wonderful holiday read and definitely gets you into the spirit of the season.

I won’t burden you by recapturing the blurb in my review. And I won’t really tell you what happens because that just takes away from the full affect of the story. But I will tell you that Debbie builds the perfect scenario – not just for this book, but for the whole series.

Harmony Harbor is a small town and Debbie does a great job o
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2eocnkM

I'm a huge fan of Debbie Mason and her Christmas, Co. series so I was excited to see a new series...Harmony Harbor. I ended up having some mixed reactions to it...

So the Quick of it:

Sophie has come back home with her daughter to start over and lands the gig of revitalizing the town's Inn. Something that'll prove quite the challenge with needing to win over the cantankerous staff, certain townsfolk doing their best to mak
Roberta Capizzi
Sep 22, 2016 Roberta Capizzi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. What an amazing book! I'd give it 10 stars if it were possible, but I'll have to settle for 5. If you’re looking for a sweet Christmas romance and a beautiful series starter that will have you hooked by chapter one, you should definitely pick up Debbie Mason’s latest release.

I usually tend to ramble on and on about a book I’ve liked, but not even all the words in the world could express how much I loved this book and how it touched my heart deeply. I just want you to please trust me on this
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Colleen thought it was rather ironic that she’d died on All Saints’ Day. She was hardly a saint. She had her secrets too. But if she wanted to be ready the next time heaven rolled out the welcome mat, she had work to do.

Her fifty-four-year-old mother had left her father and turned into an incense burning, om chanting, tantra-practicing nymphomaniac…

My Review:

Every woman in town was desperate to find the lost manuscript that a recently deceased one-hundred-and-four-year-old town
Nicole Smith
Oct 27, 2016 Nicole Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday
I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down. It has a lot feels. It's definitely a make you feel good book. The characters are fantastic. The emotion, humor, and storyline just grabbed me. I loved that it took place during the holidays because the magic of the season just added so much to the book for me. I really liked Liam. He's great hero material. It takes place in a small town and you have that feel. I can't wait for more from this series because I'm hooked.
Suze
Oct 18, 2016 Suze rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harmony Harbor used to be Sophie's hometown. She left when she was eighteen years old hiding a big secret from the people she used to spend time with. When she and her daughter Mia become homeless after a fire she decides it's time to return to her family. Sophie takes a risk because people will want to know what happened all those years ago and she can't avoid their questions. There's one man she especially doesn't want to tell, her childhood crush Liam.

Liam is a few years older than Sophie and
Ann Lorz
Dec 06, 2016 Ann Lorz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know about you but I always have trouble getting into a new series by a author that has a series I already love. For me reading is more then just finding out the story. I feel like I've lived in each town, known all the people, and have gone through all the crap that they have.

Yes, I know none of it is real, but that's just how I read. Might be why I also like to read a series in order, I like the big picture.

So for about one quarter of Mistletoe Cottage I had to force myself to read i
Hannah
Nov 24, 2016 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

Full disclosure, I've never read Debbie Mason before. I'm glad I was able to find this series at the first book because it does look like it's going to be a great series, it has a great introduction to all the characters and the town but especially the Widow's Club. Romance, Christmas, a wedding, a mischievous ghost, and a equally mischievous cat; top all that off with a deep secret that has everyone looking for a lost diary.

The romance was perfect because Sophie and Liam have always
Barbara Frayer
Feb 19, 2017 Barbara Frayer rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Can't wait til book 2 is out!
Floryie
Oct 26, 2016 Floryie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received the ebook free of charge.

There are times when an author's name makes me interested in a book. This time, it was the blurb pulling my attention towards the book along with the author's name. I have enjoyed it as much as her other stories.

The starting was intriguing and had quite a backstory to get to know before being able to completely connect with the protagonists. Before fully understanding their situation, it was still easy to relate to them. Sophie is both strong and vulnerable. S
BookWorm 221
Oct 17, 2016 BookWorm 221 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, arcs-2016
www.bookworm221.tumblr.com

I’m so happy that I found Debbie Mason, I truly am!

From the moment I found her books I’ve looking forward to the next one and the next one and so on. And I’m so excited that now I get to be a part from the start!! This is the first book in a new series called Harmony Harbor and let me tell you that it is shaping up to be equally amazing and heartfelt as her previous one.

This was the perfect book to start a series with, we get the main two characters Sophie and Liam that
Leann
Dec 31, 2016 Leann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** May contain spoilers! **

I really did enjoy this book but do have a few complaints about it that might make it sound like I didn't.
First off it was not as Christmas themed as I was hoping for. Secondly, I had some issues with the main character, Sophie & her parenting ways. Thirdly, the entire baby daddy thing was completely unbelievable. Would've been more believeable if she'd just been too drunk to remember it at all.
But the storyline was done well enough & kept me hooked so I was ab
Vicki
Oct 26, 2016 Vicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-romance
This new series begins with this book. It is a lovely way to get to know the residents of Harmony Harbor. Sophie comes back to her hometown after being gone for many years. She brings with her a daughter that she intends to keep secret as she reconnects with Liam.

Liam is such a strong and honest character. He almost seemed too level headed for Sophie.

The writing was gentle and so loving, I was pulling for them to get back together. Ms. Mason really has a lovely way of telling a story so that y
Heather C
Review and rating to come!

Review will be posted as a collective review with 4 other books via Forever Romance

*Copy kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Nov 01, 2016 Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe) rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
mc-blog-tour-bannermistletoe-cottage-quote-graphic-41

Sophie DiRossi fled Harmony Harbor out of embarrassment years ago, only to return to the place she once grew up with after her other home went she lived in went up in flames. Now Sophia is back in Harmony and is a carrier of a heavy secret herself. It's bad enough she is afraid that the secret about her daughter will come out, it's worse that she has child services on her tail due to the fire that happened to traumatize her little girl - who is now refusing to speak.

Mistletoe Cottage is the fir
Liana Bautista | Will Read for Feels
***I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review, which was originally posted on book blog Will Read for Feels.

Launching a series with a Christmas read is an unusual move, in my experience; most book series will wait to introduce a holiday-themed read at least a few volumes in. I imagine there are a number of reasons for this, not the least being that the first book is something you’ll want t
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls Book Review
I fell in love with Debbie Mason's Christmas, Colorado series a year ago and couldn't stop myself from devouring each book, so when I found out she was starting another series, I couldn't wait to get my greedy hands on the first book.

I find the small town setting that she paints such a vivid picture of, both endearing and highly annoying. It's the charm of the characters and the way the community comes together to support and encourage each other that makes these types of books so heartwarming.
Gaele
Sophie loved growing up in Harmony Harbor, but she left in disgrace deciding she’d not be back. But when circumstances and a fire left her homeless with her young daughter in tow, she returns. I loved that Sophie could go back to the town she loved, and with plenty of tearful reunions and many of her initial fears subdued, she’s starting to settle back in. Most of all, Mia, her daughter, is captivating and collecting the hearts of all who meet her. Now, Sophie’s large and loud family is solidly ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Kick off to a mist-tastical holiday season of romance and well-wishes. GO OUT AND GET THIS ONE FOR THE HOLDIAY SEASON. TODAY!!!

This one from Debbie Mason has been holiday-tacular. I love when she gives us a small town with secrets, feud, meddling family, and mini-fires throughout. There are unexpected things that just gives you an element of ‘wait-a-minute’. There are two families, Irish and Italian. There was a small town, a small child, and many other family members.

Liam, Sophie and Mia have
Kendra
Nov 01, 2016 Kendra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I saw that Debbie Mason had a new series - Harmony Harbor - I was excited! I adored her Christmas, Colorado series. I can tell this series will be just as good as the previous one.

I struggled with getting into Mistletoe Cottage. I really did. I'm not too sure what happened. I just felt bored. But after about the first 50-ish pages, I was ready for more. It was not something I couldn't put down, but as soon as I picked up back up (numerous times) I could read 20-25 pages in one sitting. I kn
Becca
Dec 05, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sophie DiRossi has been living a lie for the past 7 years. Everyone thinks the young single mom is a widow and has been living well out in California. But when Sophie arrives back home in Harmony Harbor - and comes face to face with the demons of her past, her secrets won't remain a secret for long.

Liam Gallagher has loved Sophie forever. But with him being her brother's best friend, she was always off limits. Until one night seven years ago, a drunken mistake may have changed everything between
Yvonne
Nov 12, 2016 Yvonne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sophie DiRossi, along with her daughter Mia, returns to her hometown of Harmony Harbor. Everyone’s life turns upside down with their return, especially Liam Gallagher’s. His love for Sophie never died.

It’s Sophie and Liam’s second chance at happiness, but could secrets keep them apart? It won’t be easy for these two, but nothing has ever been easy for them. This is the perfect holiday romance. It’s filled with loving characters involved in emotional situations. These are people readers can truly
Christine Mize
Oct 30, 2016 Christine Mize rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can always count on Debbie Mason to write stories that will tug at your heart and leave you with warm fuzzies, and the Christmas Cottage is no exception. This book has me laughing at times, in tears a few times and falling in love with one of the cutest children that I have ever read. Liam Gallagher, the hero, was swoon worthy. I had a little more trouble with the heroine, Sophie, finding her a bit shallow at times. The town of Harmony Harbor came to life under this author's pen, and the twi ...more
HeatherP
Oct 25, 2016 HeatherP rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-read
3.5 Stars

What a classic romance this was. It was a 2nd chance romance or at least it felt like it was. This story was emotional and had several bits of drama to it. It even a side of mystery that I enjoyed. I like the small town aspect of the story as well. I think there was a lot of characters and that made it a bit confusing at times. I like Debbie's books and her stories. They are always heartwarming and a feel good time.

ARC in exchange for honest review
6202108
Debbie Mason is the USA Today bestselling author of the Christmas, Colorado series. Her books have been praised for their "likable characters, clever dialogue and juicy plots" (RT Book Reviews). She also writes historical paranormals as Debbie Mazzuca. Her MacLeod series has received several nominations for best paranormal as well as a Holt Medallion Award of Merit. When she isn't writing or read ...more
More about Debbie Mason...

Harmony Harbor (3 books)
  • Starlight Bridge (Harmony Harbor #2)
  • Primrose Lane (Harmony Harbor #3)