Start by marking “Only You (Love to the Rescue, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Only You (Love to the Rescue, #3.5)

Only You

(Love to the Rescue #3.5)

"He was her first. But will he be her last?"

Amy Jameson has one priority these days: her eight-year-old autistic son. Everything else will just have to wait, including her love life. When she agrees to let a friend hold her wedding in Amy's backyard, she may have bitten off more than she can chew, especially when the man who shows up to help her get the place ready is none
Published April 4th 2016 by NYLA

To ask other readers questions about Only You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only You

Start your review of Only You (Love to the Rescue, #3.5)
Ami
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, romance
While I loved getting back to read about Noah (the autistic boy, who is the nephew of T.J. Jameson from book #2), as this story is about Noah's mother and her ex high-school sweetheart, things moved pretty fast for the two.

I realize there is limitation of novella length, but considering this is about second chances, I still wanted to read about some sort of tension between Amy and Luke. They didn't see/talk/communicate with each other for 12 years! Then when he came, Luke just announced that he
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Single mom Amy Jameson's world revolves around her her eight-year-old autistic son, between caring for him, work, and taking care of her son's dog she has little time left for herself, but she wouldn't have it any other way. With her day to day life laying claim to most of her free time she has been forced to put her love life on the back burner, and she isn't so sure she'd want a man back in her life anyway, especially after enduring such a devastating divorce. But with her friend's impending n ...more
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Luke and Amy were high school sweethearts, but broke up after graduation. It has been years since they have seen each other, but when Luke returns to town for a friend's wedding, a wedding that they are both in, they come face to face. A lot has changed in the years they have been apart. Luke is now a successful doctor and Amy's top priority in her life is her 8 year old son Noah. Noah is autistic and depends on his daily
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Only You by Rachel Lacey is a beautiful sweet story of first love coming around for another try. Rachel has taken us back to our first love , down memory lane and what fun it is. The characters Amy and Luke are so believable you feel their emotions through the book. Can these two make their love last this time? This is one book you do not want to miss, so buy it and enjoy every beautiful moment.
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Amy
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Only You by Rachel Lacey is about Amy's first love returns home for a wedding. Luke is in love with Amy still many years later. Rachel writes a very wonderful book and you can live through her words.

This was my first book by Rachel and I will be picking up other books by her to enjoy.

I received an ARC of this book for an honest review!
Lea
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dogs, romance
I love that Amy - and Noah - got their own story. Too short of a story if you ask me. Yoda was the perfect pup for this story - I'm glad the dog rescue aspect continued in the novella where space is a premium.
Luke's marriage was predictable and his backstory left me wanting - this is the problem with novellas, there's not enough of a good thing!
Another great romance, with a dog!
Tif
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Loved this novella. It was just the perfect thing to pick up during vacation, a second chance at love that brought a satisfying Happily Ever After. I wanted to read more of Amy and her son Noah, and I love their story so much. As usual, the author crafts her story with such finesse, with a mixture of sweet and heat. Looking forward to reading her newest series!!
Heather andrews
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Luke is a very honest man, “at this particular moment, yes, all I’m thinking about is sex. Specifically, sex with you, Amy Jameson. Even though I know we’re not going to, not today anyway.” I enjoyed this quick read, I loved it, Luke was one persistent man.
Natasha εïз
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rachel-lacey
Wonderful story and nice way to wrap up the series!
Deb Diem
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Only You by Rachel Lacey is an entertaining contemporary romance. This is a fairly quick read, perfect for those with limited reading time. Ms. Lacey has provided us with a well-written book. The characters are fun and lovable. Amy and her young autistic son have moved into the home left to her by her grandfather. Luke is a doctor and in town for a friend's wedding. This second-chance romance is loaded with drama, humor and spice. I enjoyed reading Only You and look forward to reading more from ...more
Carma
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-read-digital
Really cute. I haven’t read any other book in this series but I didn’t feel like I walked into the middle at all. Quick novella but it didn’t move too quickly at all. Loved the history and interaction between characters. Especially like the way Noah is portrayed on the spectrum and defining some ticks etc some autistic kids experience. Would love to read another by this author soon!!
Cheryl
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!

Good short story. I really enjoyed Luke & Amy. Second chance at love and building a family with Noah was a good storyline.
Kim F
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining, captivating, and interesting read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want to read more from this author.
BrownSugar
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a sweet short story! And yeah for an autistic child to get a stepdad that likes him
Jen_C
I accidentally deleted my updates and review and don't want to retype it all so I am including my highlights. I liked Luke but Amy was harder to like (for me).

Noah sighed, reaching down to pet Yoda, the poodle mix. Surprisingly, the dog didn’t bother Amy’s allergies as much as she’d expected. And as of last week, she and Noah had a house of their own to call home, a house that leaned more toward money pit than fixer-upper. But it was hers. And it had a yard, a safe place for Noah to play outsid
Under the Covers Book Blog
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it

ONLY YOU is one of my favorite kind of stories and one I always think works great for a novella. A second chance romance! With the limited page count, it makes the HEA believable for me when there's already such a big connection.

In this case, Amy and Luke were high school sweethearts but she broke up with him when he left for college thinking a long distance relationship wouldn't work and she didn't want to hurt more when he ended up breaking up with her in the future.

Now, years later, she's

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

ONLY YOU is one of my favorite kind of stories and one I always think works great for a novella. A second chance romance! With the limited page count, it makes the HEA believable for me when there’s already such a big connection.

In this case, Amy and Luke were high school sweethearts but she broke up with him when he left for college thinking a long distance relationship wouldn’t work and she didn’t want to hurt more when he ended up breaking up with her in the future.

Now, years later, she’s
Ann Lorz
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Since I was already a fan of Rachel Lacey's writing I knew I'd enjoy Only You, and I was right. It's a wonderfully written story with some past characters in it. I really enjoyed Luke and Amy and her son Noah. Let's not forget Yoda (the dog they are fostering) who plays a big part in this book at least for Noah. I enjoyed how the author shows you how animals and helpful for those with autism.

I'm not a huge fan of second-chance romances but this one really worked. I didn't feel like their story
Danielle
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A second chance at love story? Yes please! I was so excited that Lacey gave Amy her own story.

Amy runs into Luke years after the both moved on from being sweethearts. In the time they were apart they both moved on with their lives but now Luke is back for his friends wedding and he's single. Amy is also single but her first priority is her son, Noah.

Luke starts to help Amy get her house ready for their friends wedding but the more time Luke spends with Amy and Noah the more he falls for them.
Sometime
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Good writing but ultimately unsatisfying. I need to stop reading second chance love stories because they only frustrate me. The overly long separation and the lame reasons why make me nuts.

Amy and Luke were high school sweethearts who had a once in a lifetime love. So why did he marry someone else and then wait 12 years (12!) to talk to her again? The reason for the separation was so stupid in these modern times. (view spoiler)
Wendy Keel
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*This book was received for the purpose of an honest review.*

A great read!!! That is first and foremost. It's a great read. This is part of a series,Love to the Rescue, it's a short story that fits well in the series but those who are new to the series won't be left out. Yes there are recurring characters but you'll feel at home. I do predict you'll be eager to read the other stories, but that's no hardship, they are great as well.

ONLY YOU is a kind of lost love story. This is Amy and Luke's st
Patsy Sauls
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Only You is a novella by Rachel Lacey. It is the latest in the Love to the Rescue series. This can be read as a standalone book, but I believe once you start the series you will want to read them all. I love that this series always has a rescue animal involved in the story.

Amy Jameson is a single mom struggling to pay the bills and look after her autistic son Noah. She can’t even afford to get a new toy for the dog she is fostering. She sees how much the dog is helping her son but she can’t aff
Brandy Thornton
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I AM SO HAPPY THAT AMY GOT HER OWN STORY. BEING A SINGLE MOM MYSELF I CAN RELATE TO HER PLIGHTS. SO IM HAPPY TO LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH HER FOR A HEA.

AMY BEING A SINGLE MOM OF AN AUTISIC SON HAS ALWAYS ONLY LOVED ONE MAN, LUKE. SO WHEN HE COMES BACK TO TOWN FOR A WEDDING THAT THEY ARE BOTH IN IT BRINGS BACK ALL THOSE FEELINGS.

LUKE HAS ONLY EVER LOVED AMY, EVEN AFTER SHE BROKE UP WITH HIM WHEN HE WENT OFF TO COLLEGE. BUT NOW THAT SHE IS BACK IN HIS LIFE HE DOESNT PLAN ON LETTING HER GO THIS TIM
Leanna Hiner
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Only You is a great second chance romance. Amy and Luke were high school sweethearts. Amy broke up with Luke shortly before he left for college, they both loved each other but Amy broke up with him before he could break up with her. Fast forward several years. Amy now has an eight year old son with autism. Amy hasn't dated since Noah's father left them when Noah was diagnosed with autism. Luke had a very short marriage and is divorced. Luke never forgot Amy. When Luke comes to town for a friends ...more
Brandy Bosquez
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Only You the new novella from Rachel Lacey. I have not read the others in this series. That being said I didn't feel as if I was lost having not read them. This is a second chance love, which is one of my favorite kind of romances. I loved the characters of Luke, Amy, Noah and Yoda too! I read the book in one day. I found myself pulling out my phone to read during school pickup, while dinner was cooking and staying up late to finish! This is a quick, fun and flirty read. I w ...more
Kelli Jo
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amy Jameson, who we met in prior Love to the Rescue stories, gets her own HEA!! Amy is a single mom of Autistic son, Noah. He is her first priority - dating is dead last on her list. Then Luke Benson comes back to town - the first, and only, man she's ever truly loved. She doesn't want to in to her heart - he'll leave again, and she can never trust him again with her heart. But he's at her house every day - helping get her yard ready for a friend's wedding that had to be moved at the last moment ...more
Kim Vanravenswaay
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Only You is a very sweet Novella in the Love to the Rescue series. Second chances were never this nice. Amy and Luke dated as teenagers. Things happened that made it impossible for them to be together after Luke went away to college. Now years, a divorce and one child later they are forced to share company for two weeks while working on their friends wedding. Amy has a 9 year old son, Noah. He has autism and is her everything. To the extent that she doesn't allow men to get close to her. Luke is ...more
Simera
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super fast read. Loved Amy and Luke's second chance romance.
High school sweathearts that went seperate ways until Luke comes back for a friends wedding and Amy agrees that her friend can have the wedding at her house. Luke is one of the guys who help get the property ready for the big day.
Noah, Amy's son and Yoda, their foster dog are such sweet secondary characters that I fell in love with.
You will not be disappointed in thier story.
JOCA
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* ARC received for honest review *

I absolutely loved this novella and my only complaint is that I wish I could have spent more time with Amy, Luke and Noah (and Yoda!). This is a second chance romance, and Rachel Lacey totally sold me on Amy and Luke's HEA. This was sexy, sweet, funny, and had the perfect amount of emotion/drama for the length of the novella. The epilogue was also a perfect end/tie up for the series. Looking forward to seeing what Rachel Lacey has in store for us next.
Janie
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Only You" by Rachel Lacey is a part of her series 'Love to the Rescue Book 4.' It is a read alone book, or can be read as part of the series. Amy Jameson is Mother to an autistic, 8 year old son. Her first priority has been her son and she puts her life on hold. Luke Benson is the love that got away, her first love, and someone who is very special to Amy. They meet again during a mutual friend's wedding and the sparks between them are still there.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 15, 2017 04:40PM

• Fireworks (True North, #6)
  • Speakeasy (True North, #5)
  • Steadfast (True North, #2)
  • Bountiful (True North, #4; Brooklyn Bruisers, #4.5)
  • Keepsake (True North, #3)
  • Bittersweet (True North, #1)
  • Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1)
  • The Fix (The Carolina Connections, #1)
  • No Breaking My Heart (Barefoot William Beach, #5)
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)
  • The Thing About Love
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Handle with Care (Veteran Movers #3)
  • Love Walks In (The Shaughnessy Brothers, #2)
  • All Fired Up (Road to Love, #3)
  • My Only One (Castile Family, #5)
  • Enjoying the Show (Wicked Warrens, #1)
  • Delivered with a Kiss (Veteran Movers, #4)
Rachel Lacey is a contemporary romance author and semi-reformed travel junkie. She's been climbed by a monkey on a mountain in Japan, gone scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef, and camped out overnight in New York City for a chance to be an extra in a movie. These days, the majority of her adventures take place on the pages of the books she writes. She lives in warm and sunny North Carolina with ...more

Love to the Rescue (3 books)
  • Unleashed (Love to the Rescue, #1)
  • For Keeps (Love to the Rescue, #2)
  • Ever After (Love to the Rescue, #3)