Start by marking “Trece sobres azules (Trece sobres azules, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trece sobres azules (Trece sobres azules, #1)

Trece sobres azules (Little Blue Envelopes #1)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  73,212 Ratings  ·  4,557 Reviews
Dentro de un sobre azul dirigido a Ginny hay mil dólares e instrucciones para comprar un billete de avión. En el sobre número 2 hay instrucciones para llegar a un piso en Londres. El número 3 contiene una nota que dice: «Busca a un artista sin un centavo». Por culpa del sobre número 4, Ginny y Keith se marchan juntos a Escocia, y el resultado es el inicio de una historia d ...more
Published February 2016 by Maeva (first published August 23rd 2005)

Lucy
13 Little Blue Envelopes suffers from DPS. Disappearing Parent Syndrome is a tragic epidemic in YA novels. In this case the DPS was particularly severe. Seventeen year old Ginny Blackstone goes on a trip to Europe sponsored by her deceased aunt. Aunt Peg was not reliable when she was around. In fact, during the last several years of Ginny's life Peg was in Europe. She died without contacting the family to let them know she was suffering from a prolonged illness. The family was just expected to p ...more
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
2.5*
This was a quick read but at the same time I felt like it dragged, nothing had any real depth so I just was questioning what the point of the story was and why these characters existed.
Shannon
Feb 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: own, ya-books
Unimpressive. The way Johnson writes is annoying; more than halfway into the book, I really didn't know ANYTHING about the main character, other than that she was on a (ridiculous) journey. It was all action and no thought. It was not insightful. The main character was not likeable. She wasn't unlikeable either. She was just like...doing things. She didn't have very many thoughts. And never very insightful ones (ie "I like this boy! I am sad. I am happy. I am angry"). COME ON. There was no attem ...more
Lisa
Aug 20, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not going to review this book except to say the thing that made me crazy. There were several instances in this book where something was mentioned and you think it is important and then it was dropped.

For instance, when the MC goes in the Louvre, it is mentioned that she checks her backpack in at the front--kind of like a coat check. Okay. No problem.

But then, as she is trying to get out of the Louvre she kind of starts going down random hall after hall in search of an exit and finally finds
Kathryn
Dec 11, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like Peaches and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
I read this book as an assignment from a mother-daughter book club that I am in with some friends from B.F. Day.
It wasn't very good, and while the plot is a nice idea, the author didn't really write it very well.
I mean, who would let thier daughter go overseas with no contact to the US and only carrying what she could fit in her backpack. And only haveing 1000 US dollars to spend. In addition to several other appalling facts, some of which are:
letting your daughter do the following:
1 stay with a
Katya
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, the-ya-project
Oh, book. I had such hopes for you.

Here's the thing - I love travel stories. I love coming of age stories. So what's not to love about a coming of age story that involves lots and lots of traveling?

It's a hard question to answer, and the fastest way to answer it is: Aunt Peg is one seriously bitter person.

She lives without having constants. Fair enough. She does all sorts of menial, petty jobs while waiting for her career as an artist to hit off. Alright with me. Then she packs up and leaves for
Aly (Fantasy4eva)
I liked the premise. It was sort of interesting and cute. Dead Aunt sends niece on this unpredictable and slightly loony journey. (maybe not so cute). One very similar to the one that her aunt took when she felt a little lost and was dealing with a bit of a reality check.

17 year old Ginny doesn't think twice about it. She jets to her first destination, London. From there on it's one big ride. She goes through many experiences, and although it's a decent read, I just was not in love with the boo
Kayley Hyde
Jan 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Kayley by: No one
If you've ever been to Europe, thought about going to Europe, wanted to go about Europe or even heard of Europe...you'll love this book. It's a quick, fun summer read. Very clever and warm-hearted. I love the characters, the plot and just everything about it. It always keeps you guessing. One of my favourites. Maureen never lets me down.
Zoë
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book as an audio book during my drive to New Orleans which made me dislike the book even more (I didn't enjoy the reader's voice). I enjoyed the book in the beginning but soon felt like the story was dragging and every country visited after Paris was unnecessary. I also didn't really like any character in this book, they had no depth and weren't interesting or likable. The concept of this book was so intriguing but I was disappointed.
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
13 Little Blue Envelopes was a book which had been in my TBR pile for quite some time. I was glad to finally be able to read it after I discovered Anissa @ TheBookworm Central wanted to reread it. We read it together and it was so nice to discuss this read with someone!

What I loved the most about the story would have to be the traveling side of things. Ginny’s trip takes her all across Europe to places like London, Denmark, Amsterdam and so many more places. As she is an American, she really get
Wilma
Aug 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ongecompliceerde YA roman...ik heb genoten...op het strand in de zon!!
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Dena Landon for TeensReadToo.com

When Virginia Blackstone (Ginny) receives the first blue envelope from her Aunt Peg in the mail, it sends her on an exciting, funny, and sometimes poignant adventure that readers will be delighted to join. The envelope contains $1,000 in cash, and the instructions to pick up a package of envelopes that start Ginny on a trip around Europe, tracing the steps of her eccentric Aunt. The instructions are specific; no cell phones, no maps, and Ginny can only
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads
Mini mini review
13 Little Blue Envelopes is a quick, light read that will intrigue young readers from the first page. This 'road trip novel' is filled with adventure and a cute romance. Maureen Johnson manages to pull off an entertaining story in 300 pages that may not fulfil older readers' expectations.

Looking at the Goodreads shelves for 13 Little Blue Envelopes, I'm quite positive that this should actually be under 'Middle Grade'. Now I love the MG genr
Flannery
This book would be more aptly marketed as a book about what NOT to do on a trip abroad rather than a YA quasi-adventure/quasi-romance. The most common emotion it drew out of me was annoyance. What parent lets their 17-year-old child go to Europe alone WITH NO SUPPLIES? No parents, that's who. Ginny wasn't properly equipped to travel the way she did. She talks to strangers, goes back to apartments with random people, just walks around some places at night, and leaves her crap unattended like it i ...more
Yoda
It's a such amazing story! Well written, interesting and unexpected. Maureen Johnsons discriptions were so vivid I could've swore I was traveling through Europe with her. It's an easy read, and a really feel good kind of novel. All about finding yourself in the midts of unkown cities and countries.
Thank you Maureen Johnson for taking me on this incredible journey.
Angel Gelique
Passport Europe photo: Passport j0365180.gif

Ginger "Ginny" Blackstone, a seventeen-year-old college-bound girl, receives a letter from her deceased aunt instructing her to pick up a package from her former apartment. The package contains twelve additional envelopes, numbered two through thirteen. As per her aunt's insistence, Ginny must open an envelope only after completing the task from the previous envelope. The first envelope sends her to London with no money, cell phone, computer or guidebook. Ginny begins her adventure.

I honestly w
Katie
I really wanted to read this book while I was in China because it has to do with travel. I was traveling, Ginny was traveling - it seemed the thing to do. I read it in two days, as well, which is saying something. But still, there was something lacking for me in this novel.

First, I'll admit that this is definitely a fast-paced read. I was never bored with the story. The constant change of setting kept the book clipping along at a pretty breakneck speed. Ginny visits a crazy amount of countries i
Merythapy
Yeah, it's unrealistic: no parents would send their daughter off for a month with no contact, especially if she's never travelled before. But... who really cares? It's a fairy tale.

A lot of the travel stuff *was* very authentic and struck a very strong chord with me. The only thing I really missed were the Canadians, although she definitely got the Taking Up With Random Australians thing.

I think it would be a great book to read before traveling, or while traveling. Excellent travel feel, with
Shay
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, reviewed
Aunt Peg is dead and the thing she left Ginny? A little blue envelope with $1000 and the instructions to buy a plane ticket. So begins the adventure! This is a lovely tale of a girl following the trail of her aunt's life and discovering herself along the way.
Chelsea
Not as good as the first time around
Mafi
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As editoras portuguesas às vezes surpreendem-me...pela negativa. Este livro foi publicado originalmente em 2005. A sua publicação em Portugal acontece 13 anos depois, numa altura em que o género YA está muito mais desenvolvido e mais focado em assuntos mais sérios e na diversidade. Tantos livros bons e aclamados foram publicados lá fora que ainda não saíram cá mas preferiram publicar isto.

Não é um livro mau mas não é um livro que diga que seja prioritário dentro do género YA, mesmo dentro do ro
Reynje

I enjoyed this enough as I read it - I was sick, jetlagged and in need of something pleasantly escapist – and this book did the trick. It’s a light, fun read and I quite like Maureen Johnson’s writing (admittedly more so in her other books than this one, though).

But ultimately I just found the story rather forgettable (and a little implausible). I found Ginny to be a fairly delible (thank you, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks for the neglected positive there!) character
Ying
Dec 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I felt that this was only an okay book from Maureen Johnson and that it paled in comparison to my favorite from her, Girl at Sea. There was a good plotline that promised adventure and romance in a foreign country that I was dissappointed to find did not exist. While it was an excellent idea, I felt the story did not develop well enough and it didn't go too in-depth. This book could have been better written but otherwise, still a good read.
April
Apr 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, ya, contemporary
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson is a modern day coming of age story. It centers around Virginia 'Ginny' Blackstone, a 17 year old girl who is given a letter in a blue envelope. The letter tells her to fly to London, but she can't bring any crutches. What ensues is a fantastic adventure.
Read the rest of my review here
Patrícia
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Basic Info

Format:
Audio
Pages/Length: 6hrs and 52mins.
Genre: Young Adult; Contemporary.

At A Glance

In Dept

Best Part:
Paris!
Worst Part: Boringggg.
Thoughts Had: really!; that's how you get raped!; boredddddd.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
eh
Recommending: eh

Short Review: Okay every tim
F
May 23, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After hearing a lot of praise surrounding Maureen Johnson, I decided to give one of her books ago. Admittedly I chose 13 Little Blue Envelopes as it happened to be cheap in the Kindle Store, knowing little about the book I plunged straight in with high expectations. These were dashed remarkably quickly.

Our heroine, Ginny, is ridiculous from the beginning. Perhaps it is because that is all we know of her, her name. Despite assurances that Ginny's mother is strictly disapproving, especially of h
Grace
Jan 28, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, romance
The concept of the story, and especially the way the story unfolded, was so preposterous that it makes Twilight realistic. Seventeen year old Ginny receives 13 envelopes from her aunt, and needs to follow the instructions one at a time. This involves going to Europe and getting into stupid situations that miraculously resolve themselves. The first quarter of the story wasn't bad. The envelope containing Ginny's instructions to help an artist through donating a generous gift, were described with ...more
Neil
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book which seems to have sat on my Kindle forever, and kept on being pushed further down the list of to-read books, as more were added. Somehow I managed to reorder the dates so that the oldest books appeared first on the list, with this book being near the top as a consequence.
I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised by this book, and by the author who was previously unknown to me. There was nothing about the book that I disliked, it was very well planned out with wonderful char
Léa Becomeadinosaur
J'ai emprunté ce livre à la bibliothèque car je me souvenais l'avoir lu lorsque j'étais adolescente. Mais impossible de me souvenir de l'histoire et du dénouement !

J'ai beaucoup aimé l'histoire des petites enveloppes et de la quête que mène Ginny. Je suis persuadée que ce type d'aventure ne peut que faire grandir et faire prendre du recul sur la vie que nous menons. Je pense que je rêve secrètement de réaliser ce type de voyage initiatique..

Petit bémol sur l'écriture un peu trop "simplette". J'
Feelings? 6 21 Jan 30, 2018 03:13AM
Books that one can learn from - and write essays! 1 2 Jan 11, 2018 08:33AM
Veronica Zaragoza's Review #1 1 1 Sep 14, 2017 10:36PM
Debate sobre "Trece sobres azules" 1 2 Mar 28, 2017 08:21AM
  • The Year of Secret Assignments (Ashbury/Brookfield, #2)
  • The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2)
  • Songs for a Teenage Nomad
  • Bright Young Things (Bright Young Things, #1)
  • Dairy Queen (Dairy Queen, #1)
  • Coffeehouse Angel
  • Sophomore Switch
  • Gimme a Call
  • Best Foot Forward (Rules of the Road, #2)
  • The Juliet Club
  • Wish (Wish, #1)
  • Girl v. Boy
  • Cures for Heartbreak
  • Keeping the Moon
Maureen knew from an early age she wanted to be a writer. She went to high school at an all-girls' Catholic school and graduated from University of Delaware with a degree in writing. She now lives and writes in New York City.

Many of the adventures Maureen's characters face in her books are based on real-life stories. Maureen has traveled all over Europe, and is a Secret Sister to vlog brothers Han
More about Maureen Johnson

Little Blue Envelopes (2 books)
  • The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Rule #1: You may bring only what fits in your backpack. Don’t try to fake it with a purse or a carry-on.

Rule #2: You may not bring guidebooks, phrase books, or any kind of foreign language aid. And no journals.

Rule #3: You cannot bring extra money or credit/debit cards, travelers’ checks, etc. I’ll take care of all that.

Rule #4: No electronic crutches. This means no laptop, no cell phone, no music, and no camera. You can’t call home or communicate with people in the U.S. by Internet or telephone. Postcards and letters are acceptable and encouraged.

That’s all you need to know for now. ”
123 likes
“I'm Keith," he said, "and you're . . . clearly mad, but what's your name?” 113 likes