Start by marking “Blue Waters (Tainted Water #1)” as Want to Read:
Blue Waters (Tainted Water #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Blue Waters

(Tainted Waters #1)

FREE YA NOVELLA!

"The blue water I sank through was angelic, quiet, peaceful…"

Whitney is a vivacious, highly spirited 17-year-old girl. Her motto, "Live life to the fullest" is derailed when the young man, who's captured her attention, turns out to be the son of a drug tycoon- the same that provided the drugs that killed her brother. Whitney believes she simply need to hea
Published February 9th 2016 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Blue Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Waters

Start your review of Blue Waters (Tainted Water #1)
Elfina Renee
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description
I have read some masterful novels but India R. Adams, is poetry in motion! Everything from the first page is captivating. The world she creates and helps you envision is so damn realistic! You really connect with the characters, feel their pain, heartbreak, anguish and betrayal.
description
Their playful bantering had me busting a gut in laughter and the tears I cried said it all. So addicting, could easily be described a ten star read. I knew that on page 22 and have to follow the series in its entirety...
Snow
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars!

Again, I have the honor of immersing myself into the emotional depths of India R Adams' poetry in writing...

I'm grateful for this, I can't even begin to express the amount of overwhelmed notion and haze I'm in right now...

I have LOVED each and every book I have read by INDIA R ADAMS so far...and I 've held my heart open for many favorite characters that I had known would immerse from each story but I solemnly declare that Blue Waters and Harold Thompson aka Crash are at the very
Mimiorphee
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc
"I found a beauty in dying that day…"

Where should I start?...

Ah, my friends highly recommended Blue Waters, but seriously, I was far from imagining the mess I would be by the end of it!

This is a deeply emotional read; although rather short (but fortunately, #2 is already available), it's not less feelings and twists packed.

I went into it completely blind, (I read the blurb at some point but it was weeks before) and I suggest you do the same, as the story totally surprised me.

Told from Whit'
Dianne
She is a dynamo of energy, attitude and fun! Silly, often snarky, Whitney’s world revolves around her love of dancing and finding ways to not feel the absolute loneliness she feels behind the closed doors of her wealthy parents’ home. Jet Setters, rarely home, cold and distant, Whitney’s parents never seemed to feel anything, even when her brother died from a drug overdose. As long as she could dance and spend times with her best friend, she was good, she had a future and she lived for it.

Who kn
Carrie
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
When out with her friends at the movies one night, seventeen year old Whitney meets Crash who she immediately thinks of as Mr. Lickable. He's sexy and intriguing and the two immediately have a connection. But when Whitney invites Crash along on a night out with her friends, her best friend Link finds out who Crash really is, he's the son of a drug dealer that was involved in Whitney's brother's death.

Wow, just wow. Blue Waters is one of those books that while it looked intriguing it just turned
J. Kahele
The only thing I did not like about this book was that it ended. This was such a beautiful story, of friendship, first love and sacrifice.

The words had depth.

There was a beauty in dying that day, one I did not expect when I'd imagine meeting my maker. .

The story had meaning.

I found a beauty in dying that day
I found a beauty in living too.

And that is all I'm willing to give, because to truly enjoy this book you need to read.
Briana
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Re-Read 5/05/17 and all I can say is I love it. India is one of my absolute favorite authors and this book (among others) show why**

Oh my goodness. First of all, I loved this book so very much! Second of all, i feel like I want to cry....

I personally really liked this story. The thing that stood out to me throughout this book was the relationships each character had with others. The main characters Whit, Crash, and Link are amazing to me. I love these characters. Link and Whit's friendship is
S.M. West
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devoured this! I WANT MORE!
Luv2read
India blessed me with a copy of Blue Waters. Little did I know at the time what a jewel she was blessing me with!
Whit is the young woman in the grips of grief after experiencing a tragic loss. Disconnected from her parents and unable to communicate with them she clings to her best friend Link. He is secretly in love with Whit but it takes someone new in the picture for him to realize it. He does his best to be there for her through everything. Even when her parents reject her and leave her for
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
The second time around, I still had chills as I read this book. This is YA suspense at its best. It’s poetic, concise, beautifully crafted and simply captivating. I cannot recommend this book enough...

First read review:

Wow. I was so utterly and completely absorbed by this book; It literally enveloped me. (See what I did there ;) ) And sweet Jesus, that ending! Talk about hanging on the edge. Ahhh the torture!

First, I will totally agree with Whit, the main character of this book, in saying that C
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
OMG! That ending! I’m oh so intrigued! I don’t want to CRASH!!!!!!!

So many secrets. I have a bad feeling about all this shit. Diving into Black Waters NOW!
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
(Note: I received a copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review. Many thanks to author.)

Whitney is 17 old, witty and sharp, full of life, wannabe dancer. Her world revolves around her friends specially her BFF- Link, wannabe footballer. They have one thing in common- rich parents who love money and their prestige more than their own child. On one movie night out, she meets Crash, attractive ‘Mr. Lickable’. She falls for him even after knowing who he is. With Crash comes all hidden dark t
• Island Queen Reads • Ofa •
Such a fantastic read! It's been a while since I've read a book that's managed to hold my interest. It's blowing my mind how good this book is. I don't know why I put off reading this book for so long. But something inside of me must've known just how massively this story would affect me. From the very first page, I was entranced with the relationship between Whit and Link. A friendship unlike any other, a friendship I am very much envious of. Despite being brought up with money, they didn't let ...more
Adrienne Carrieri
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
OH MY GWAD..... The suspense of this book kept me on the edge of my seat. I am so in love with Link and Whit's friendship nd how it proves to withstand everything thrown in their path. They may go through times of not talking but eventually their bond pulls them back and its such an amazing bond. Then to watch (or read) Franky and crash's relationship unfold and grow is so breathtaking. His constant dedication to her and that he refuses to walk away from her and wants to protect her at any cost ...more
Sadaf
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
When India offered me a copy of Blue Waters, I was pretty excited. Every book of hers is memorable and special. She has a distinct style and depth to her writing that you just cannot ignore. It touches you deep inside and you always get a lot more than you expected.

I think it’s safe to say that I loved Blue Waters. Emotional rollercoaster would be a good description. We have Whitney, who I couldn't help but love from the first page. I wanted to be her but as the story develops you learn the real
Tamara Harrington
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of Pearl!!!!
This is one super emotional book that had me enthralled from the first page. I am addicted to India's writing because it just seems to hit me in the feels every single time.
I absolutely love Whit, her sense of humour and her loyalty and honour, I literally want to be her BFF. Her relationship with Link is also so beautiful, that friendship is truly something to admire and aspire to. Ans then there is Crash and he is the bad boy that we all hate to love. The story entwine
Ana Manjić
Apr 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Behind my closed eyes, it might have been dark, but in his embrace, there was light showing me the way to salvation."

F9-CAE0-C0-DCA7-46-CC-B722-5222-E8904-CF5

I'm repeating myself but it's like that when India Adams is involved.
She's absolutely amazing writer - her writing style, her imagination, the depth of her stories, and none stop truth reviling in so not predictable way...
I highly recommend any of her books.
This is my 3rd and I don't want to stop.
Minx
This was seriously one of my favorite short stories so far! It had humor, depth, great characters and at the end just tore out my heart. Maybe someday I will give an more in-depth review but for now just know that I loved this story and I am blown away that I could be so emotionally connected in 112 pages or less.
Romi || Romi Reads
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copies
4/5! Such a great but also dramatic lovestory. India R Adams really knows how to put up a story within just 120 pages! I really got the feeling I knew the characters and I really hope I get to read the sequel anytime soon!
Tees_BookCave
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even fathom what I just read, this book was so perfectly written. I fell in love with Whitney’s, Cash and Link’s story. No this is not a MFM book.

From the moment I started this book, I just knew that it was going to be one I was going to love. I haven’t read many books by this author, I had only read her haunted roads series so far. I just knew I had to keep reading this author. From the first few pages, I was captivated and hooked. It was like a drug addiction, I was addicted and obses
O. D. Book Reviews
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Description: I honestly don't know how to describe this book. I don't want to use the description off Amazon either because I don't want you to get any spoilers. If you go on the ride that is this story without any previous knowledge of the plot you will truly enjoy the intrigue it has to offer. I will say it is about a girl named Whitney and her group of friends, her love story, and her devastating losses. It is a beautiful story.

In Short: Stellar addition to the YA Romance genre. People who a
Gail Thompson
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read from this author and I have really enjoyed it. I came across the authors name as author of the month for the Paranormal, Fantasy, Distopia and Romance readers, Writers and Reviewers group. As I had not heard of her before I clicked the link to see her books and was intrigued by the description. I was pleasantly surprised by the price so went ahead and bought the book. I'm not normally one for such whimsy but I am glad I did this time.

This book had good pac
L.N. Denison
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about Blue Waters? Loved every word of it. It started off innocently enough then it turned dark very quickly.

The story revolves around Whit, a 17 year old girl, who's life is turned upside down when she meets Crash in the foyer of the local cinema. Link, her best friend is a bit dubious of the new friendship, and does everything he can to protect her. There was something about Crash that he wasn't sure of, and for good reason, as we find out around half way through the story. I wo
Vicki
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story about Whit and her best friend Link and Whit's one and only love. The three of them have a connection and that is Whit's dead brother. Things unfold as relationships are developed and twists occur that will shock you or at least leave you angry!!

Beautiful story about love, loss, family, friendship, forgiveness, and more.

Recommendation: This is a novella and I definitely plan to read the next book. I have to know what happens to everyone next. My only complaint is there were th
J.B. Trepagnier
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella. I normally read until it's time for me to turn the light off and go to bed. I was up reading this book and I got so wrapped up in it the second night I was reading it, I only had 10% left and looked at the clock and realized it was way past my bed time. I had to make a decision if I was going to finish or go to bed and that was probably the hardest decision I had to make this week.

I was a little upset at the ending, but reading towards the back of the book, there i
Paula Brown
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

This novella was a book that blew me away-- I was hooked from the first page. It had so many twists and turns , I would have never guessed how it would all come together-- which it did. So many parts to the whole picture ; made it nail biting and keeping me on the edge of my seat..This writer is pure magic with her pen....I look forward to reading more of her work..Wow Im mind boggled!!!
It has something for everyone..
Erin Scorpio
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Again, amazing book, characters that you can't help but fall in love with. The plotline is great too. Whitney and Link are best friends, both wealthy, both hate it. It's more like a prison of expectations by their parents.

Whitney meets a handsome, older boy, Crash and they fall head over heels. Link doesn't trust him finds out who he is. Some one horribly linked to a horrific loss in her life. Can she ever forgive him?

There are some twists and signals that keep you guessing trying to figure o
Amy
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great YA story about a girl who falls in love with the wrong guy. Not just a little wrong but really wrong, as in responsible for the worst thing to happen in her young life. I love the characters so far and can't wait to see where the author is going with the plot.

I received this book as part of a Good reads giveaway but the opinions expressed are solely my own.
Cecily Wolfe
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
oooooh I want to see Whit and Link together - that's some true love going on there! Black Waters, here I come . . . ...more
Sarah-Jane
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in a day. If you're going to read this, I suggest you clear your diary because you will not want to put it down. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Slay Belles & Mayhem
  • The Devious King (The Hale Mafia, #1)
  • Fractured Diamond (Broken Gems #3)
  • Shattered Amethyst (Broken Gems, #4)
  • Chaotic Wrath (The Seven MC, #1)
  • Stalkers
  • Crushed Ruby (Broken Gems, #2)
  • Black Clouds of Cotton
  • The Vengeful Queen (The Hale Mafia, #2)
  • Splintered Emerald (Broken Gems Book 5)
  • Nocturnes & Nightmares (The Sandman Duet, #1)
  • Requiem & Reverie (The Sandman Duet, #2)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things #3)
  • The Savage One (The Hale Mafia, #3)
  • Husband (Betrothed #2)
  • Siren
  • Reaper's Rise (Ruthless Kings MC, #0.5)
  • Cast Stones
See top shelves…
India is either hiding away and writing in the Smokey Mountains of North Carolina, in a studio writing and recording songs for the Forever series, in yoga trying to find her Zen (that keeps escaping her), walking down an old dirt road (no joke), outdoors with her dogs and family (because to live without the sun is a crime), in a coffee shop talking books, or floating in a lake (when the weather pe ...more

Tainted Waters (5 books)
  • Black Waters (Tainted Water, #2)
  • Red Waters (Tainted Water, #3)
  • Volatile Waters (Tainted Water, #4)
  • Ashen Waters (Tainted Water, #5)