Start by marking “Valentine Bride (Holiday Brides #1)” as Want to Read:
Valentine Bride (Holiday Brides #1)

Valentine Bride

(Holiday Brides #1)

Two unlikely matchmakers set the stage for love... Fynlee Dale returns to Holiday to take care of her wacky grandmother. Although it means giving up her dreams of a career and husband, she needs to be there for Grams. Carson Ford vows to take care of his elderly aunt after buying her ranch. Comfortable with all aspects of his life, his world turns upside down when he meets ...more
Published February 11th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Valentine Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valentine Bride

Start your review of Valentine Bride (Holiday Brides #1)
Kathy
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Cute quick read. Loved the meddling grandma and aunt. This was an Amazon recommendation based on other books I had read. Enjoyed.

Content: Clean
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Nessa Hall
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reveiwed
Phylis Carpenter
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review and loved every minute of the book.

This story is about Fynlee and her wacky but adoreable grandmother Matilda. Carson and his Aunt Ruth. Fynlee works in the billing dept and stops by at Golden Skies retirement home every evening to see her grandmother. Carson has taken over his aunts ranch and every time they turn around they are spending time with each other. Then you have Carson's crazy ex girlfriend Hilary.

A cute story that will
Glenda Kinard
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again I am smiling ear to ear upon finishing another Shanna Hatfield book. Valentine Bride had me Laughing out loud. The antics that Fynlee’s Grams and Carson’s Aunt Ruth pull off to get them together are colorfully entertaining. I enjoyed this book and highly recommend it. If you are looking for a feel good, perk up the spirit type of fun loving romance then Shanna Hatfield’s Valentine Bride is just that book, the search is over!!
Veda
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story. I knew when I started reading what Gram was wearing that this was going to be a funny, good story and Shanna Hatfield did not disappoint me. Can't wait to see what happens next in the town of Holiday. ...more
Cindy Nipper
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The elderly relatives were a hoot!
This book had me giggling quite a bit! Another winning story from Shanna Hatfield!!
Donna
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-romance
Cute

I couldn't decide which characters I liked better, the couple or their grandmas! What a fun courtship. This is NOT a novella.
Jeffrey
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What could possibly happen when two "little old ladies" conspire to respectively match-make their granddaughter and nephew into an unsuspecting romance? Fynlee Dale's eccentric grammy and cowboy Carson Ford's aunt have both moved into a retirement community and become fast friends, although they are poles apart in personality. Handsome cowboy Carson has recently purchased his aunt's ranch and she thinks he needs a wife to complete his life. There is an "elephant in the room" in the person of Car ...more
Melanie Snitker
Valentine Bride was a thoroughly entertaining book to read. It was easy to care about both Fynlee and Carson. Their interactions were wonderful! I don't read a lot of novellas because I find that the pace is usually rushed and it leads to stories or characters (or both) that are underdeveloped. But that wasn't the case with this one. Shanna wove the story together to make it believable and and the timeline realistic. Because of that, I may have to give novellas another chance!

My favorite charact
Camilla Cruz
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An adorable story made unique and spectacular by a most amusing friendship, and a quirky, eccentric "Grams"!!! All I will say about " Grams" is "I want to be like her when I grow up." Seriously. I was won over when hearty guffaws were difficult to hold back. The story was a bit predictable, but any parts including Grams and her friend Ruth provided twists and turns that kept things interesting. They made the book! And I could totally see this as a Hallmark RomCom.

I did receive this book for free
Cheryl Baranski
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Valentine Bride, by: Shanna Hatfield
Valentine Bride is a Sweet Romance Novella. This book was a sure delight. There is such a wonderful cast of characters in wonderful story. You will fall in love with the spunk, determination and stubbornness of Matilda & Ruth two old ladies. A most refreshing romance read. There is nothing boring about this story. I found myself laughing out loud at the antics of these old ladies. Be sure to get your copy of the Valentine Bride today. That way you can enjoy Ca
Tonya Lucas
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shanna Hatfield just keeps delivering romantic books with Sweet girls and Sexy Cowboys that just sweep me away. She has a talent of bringing love, laughter, and romance together as no one else can deliver. This was such a sweet book. Fynlee and Carson were a perfect couple. Matilda and Ruth just had me laughing with their crazy matchmaking schemes.
Love the joy this one brought me.
Robbie
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun novella to read. Shanna Hatfield’s first story about the city of Holiday is sometimes whimsical and silly. However, everything, at least for a while, isn’t coming up roses for her characters.

Fynlee Dale’s grandmother is droll and entertaining and manages to keep poor Fynlee on her toes while she tries to save herself and others from her grandmother’s lovable and laughable schemes.

Carson Ford’s aunt, Ruth, moves into the same retirement home where Fynlee’s grandmother, Matilda lives. C
Rose Ann
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweetest, hilarious romance story

Shanna Hatfield definitely knows how to bring out the BEST in her series The Holiday Brides. Valentine Bride is book 1 and I couldn’t put it down, I laughed till I had tears.

Fynlee Dale is beyond exasperated with her off the wall grandmother who has made it her mission that Life will NEVER be boring. To make matters worse now her grandmother’s best friend has been moved into the Golden Skies Retirement home . When Fynlee receive a call from the nursing home AGAI
lisa jung
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 1 in this Holiday Bride collection. Valentine Bride is the perfect real life love story with all of the ups and downs of courtship and finding true love. Fynlee and Carson are an everyday couple forced to deal with many obstacles before they can find there happy ever after. But with a little help from some feisty ladies they will have a great time falling in love.https://lisaevrydayread.wordpress.com... ...more
Gale
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable!

There is no other word for this story. Fynlee is such a sweetheart, with a grandmother that I would treasure as much as she does. Carson is just as fortunate to have a sweet aunt, who happens to live at Golden Skies retirement home with Fynlee’s grandmother.

These two have such a sweet romance and I loved their characters. And the folks at the retirement home? OMG, hilarious. Clean, sweet read that made for an enjoyable evening.
Dawn P
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

I unknowingly read the third book in this series first so I had to go back where the series started. The main characters’ stories are amazing but what really got me was the grandmother. The story starts with Fynlee getting a call because Grams is wearing men’s underwear outside her clothes. No she’s not nuts, she just marches to her own drummer. And in this case...well, I guess you should read the book and find out why.
Julia
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was a sweet little story. In the short length of it there are two little old ladies up to no good, pulling hi-jinks like middle-schoolers, a hard-working and handsome cowboy, and a lovely lady with a caring and selfless heart. I loved getting to see them all interact with one another, and to have their misunderstandings and resolutions.
Teri
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boy did this sweet romance sizzle! I had no question about the attraction between Carson and Fynlee (Plus, what great names our main characters have!) The relationship built naturally and felt very real. I loved the sweet interfering of Aunt Ruth and Matilda, and their sassy schemes. Excellent read!!
Brenda Dubois
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Valentine's bride

I chose to give this a 5 star rating it's a very cute heart warming story full of laughs ,tears and love. I absolutely loved the grandmother and her friend. Her grandmother was so full of fun.love the way these two get to get her granddaughter and Ruth's nephew together. Only thing standing in way is his girl.friend
Surreal
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sweet, novella, western
A sweet romance novella in typical Shanna style. A light-hearted read with a HEA, and no cliff hangers. A great holiday read (no pun intended - honest!) I think Matilda is my favourite characters to date, and had me laughing out loud with her scheming and well-meaning mischief. A great escapism story, because, who wouldn't want to fall in love with a hot cowboy?! ...more
Kathy
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fynlee moves back to her hometown to take care of her wacky, colorful grandmother, Matilda. Matilda’s best friend, Ruth, who is her opposite in every way, just sold her ranch to her nephew Carson. The 2 friends decide Fynlee and Carson would make a great match , and thus ensues a lot of hilarious attempts to get them together. I loved this story, and look forward to more from these matchmakers.
Vicci Lucas
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a sweet Valentine’s or any other holiday read

Carson and “Rosie Red” are just the sweetest pair. However for me the elderly best friends;grandmother and aunt take the cake in this sweet story! Carson is hunky, kind to old ladies, loves dogs and is polite, what isn’t to love? An hour well spent. I look forward to the rest of this series.
Caprice Hokstad
A little too rushed for me, but overall a nice story with a HEA. The cover didn't quite prepare me for the heavy cowboy theme, or I probably would not have picked it up. However, it wasn't that bad and because it was short, there wasn't a lot of time to waste on a lot of ranching. Quite tolerable. Not sure if I want to continue the series. I'll think about it. ...more
Pat Christie
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ebook

She’s got a kooky but very lovable grandmother, he has a wonderful aunt, they are friends living in a retirement village. The friends decide that the granddaughter and nephew are perfect for each and scheme to get them together.
elizabeth Hendricks
Another great story

Really enjoyed this first one from the series and it was finished in one day. Had started it long ago but didn't seem to be like the others from this author. Loved it and looking for the next one.
Camille Thomas
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very fun. I only have one problem with a very minor character near the end of the book, her motive needed to be better explained. Looking forward to reading more of the Golden Skies team.
Marilyn Levia
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fynlee had one special grandmother. Not only smart but she went after what she wanted.

Carson's grandmother was a gentle lady unless she was with her best friend. Between these two ladies no one could be prepared enough. A real look at love.
Jenny Roberts
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful read

ClSSIC Shanna Hatfield! Laugh out loud quirky characters, a hunky cowboy, and a beautiful woman. A fun, relaxing read with some of the funniest antics I’ve ever read.
Mandy Boerma
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always enjoyable

Shanna’s stories are always enjoyable and lined with humor. While the drastic change from POVs can throw me off, I always flip the page. Matilda was a fantastic secondary character and I absolutely adored her antics. May we all be that fun.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cowgirl Fallin' for the Single Dad (Brides of Miller Ranch, N.M. #1)
  • Montana Rose (Montana Marriages, #1)
  • The Mail-Order Bride Carries a Gun (Brides of Sweet Creek Ranch, #1)
  • Orphan Train Brides
  • Treasure Me, Cowboy (Turner Creek Ranch #1)
  • Cowboys Don't Stand Under the Mistletoe
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • Dreaming of His Pen Pal's Kiss
  • Petticoat Ranch (Lassoed in Texas, #1)
  • Woman of Sunlight (Brides of Hope Mountain, #2)
  • Heart of a Cowboy
  • Make-Believe Proposal (Make-Believe Series, #5)
  • The Texas Sheriff’s Family Blessing (Christian Western Romance) (Testament Creek series Book 2)
  • His Valentine Promise: a sweet romance novella (Cider Lake Book 1)
  • Her Best Friend (Love Off Limits)
  • Covert Threat (Gray Ghost #5)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • My Boss, My Protector
A hopeless romantic with a bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, Shanna Hatfield is a best-selling author of clean romantic fiction written with a healthy dose of humor.

In addition to blogging and eating too much chocolate, she is completely smitten with her husband, lovingly known as Captain Cavedweller.

Shanna creates character-driven romances with realistic heroes and heroines. Her histor