Start by marking “A Buckhorn Bachelor (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.4)” as Want to Read:
A Buckhorn Bachelor (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.4)

A Buckhorn Bachelor

(Buckhorn Brothers #5.4)

Adam Sommerville always thought he had it all—great family in a close-knit community, worthwhile job as a high school gym teacher, and no shortage of women eager to be on his arm. But it seems his luck has suddenly run out. Because Buckhorn’s most renowned bachelor has decided it’s time to settle down—and the one woman he wants just put him firmly in the friend zone.

Hiding
Published June 1st 2016 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Buckhorn Bachelor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Buckhorn Bachelor

Start your review of A Buckhorn Bachelor (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.4)
Tpagirl
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-99-pages
A Buckhorn Bachelor was the eighth book in Lori Foster’s Buckhorn series. I read it as the republished version Adam & Kiss and Makeup.

Adam Sommerville was the Buckhorn high school gym teacher. Approaching thirty he was the town’s most gorgeous and eligible bachelor who had managed to avoid relationship commitments so far.

Isabella Presley was the school’s librarian. She was known as being conservative and not easily approachable beyond the professional friendship, but now she was ready to
Alyse
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Every year Lori Foster writes a "benefit book" where all proceeds go to local (to Lori) charities. For a full list off all her benefit books and more information on the charities go here:

If you are familiar with the Buckhorn Brother's series, you should recognize Adam as one of the kids from that series (he is Jordan's step-son). Well, now Adam is all grown up and approaching thirty. And turning the big 3-0 has brought on some thoughts that it MAY just be
Anita
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet, novella story about a Buckhorn's most eligible bachelor and the middle school librarian. Hot romance and fun look at the leading family of Buckhorn's next generation. I made me sad that Lori Foster decided to make Sawyer, Morgan, Jordan and Gabe old men! Seriously, they are now in their early 60's? When did that happen? I guess to advance the young'uns age she had to make the older generation . . . well, older.

Adam Sommerville is the guy who has it all, wonderful community, a job he
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I have a very soft spot in my heart for Lori Foster's Buckhorn series and I love these novellas as the "kids" from the original series grown up and find love. A Buckhorn Bachelor finds Adam Sommerville (Jordan's step-son) turning 30 and thinking it is time to settle down. One thing about the men in this series when they set their sights on someone, they fall fast and hard and when Adam realizes that the librarian from the school where he
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
This review was originally posted at The Book Nympho

Love seeing a person get the object of their love in the end. Isabella has been in love with Adam for a while now. They've worked together at the school for five years. It takes some noisiness from the family's match-maker, Amber to get Adam to realize he's liked Isabella too.

What a great match, school librarian and gym teacher.

A Buckhorn Bachelor was fun to read. I really enjoyed seeing the original brothers from the earlier books. They were
Darcy
Jun 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This one was very cute, although at the start I didn't want to like Adam. I didn't like that he seemed to take his friendship with Issy for granted and that just seeing her bare feet made him realize she was a woman. I think the best part of this one was how Adam's family all ribbed him about his new feelings for Issy.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The eighth book in the Buckhorn Brothers series by Lori Foster. Adam Sommerville is on the prowl when he spies librarian Isabella Presley. Isabella has always put off uninterested vibes towards Adam but this day seems to be different. Meanwhile, Adam's cousin, Amber seems determined to find Isabella a match among the town's local men and Adam in not one of them.

A cute, entertaining novella. I liked it. As a novella there isn't a lot of development but it worked.
Kari
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Forever ago (OK, 5 years...), I had the pleasure of reading the original "Buckhorn Brothers" series, beginning with Sawyer. So what a pleasure it has been to be able to head back to Buckhorn County and check in with the next generation. A Buckhorn Bachelor is Adam's book. It was cool to see cute little Adam from Jordan's story all grown up and ready for love.

I really enjoyed Adam and Issy together. Issy has been in love with Adam for a long time but has never flirted or acted on her feelings.
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Cute short read. Really liked Adam and Issy was an okay h. I just felt that Adam's feelings came out of left field so fast. I needed more showing when it came to his change of heart around Issy and in the end it was all telling. Still a good quick read. Plus all the Buckhorn hotties make appearances!
Cheesecake
WTF? This is two stories. Who knew??

I enjoyed Adam and Isabella's story... all 76 pages of it. But really that was all that was needed.
Isabella moved to Buckhorn 5 years ago to be the librarian (hired right outta school I guess as she's only 26 now). Adam is a playboy but thankfully he mostly dates tourists so Isabella won't be running into his ex-flings for the rest of her life.
Isabella has crushed on Adam for a couple years now and has decided to make a move. Before this, she has been very
Shannon

A Buckhorn Bachelor is another terrific addtion to what has become one of my favorite series from Lori Foster. The family and community she has created in Buckhorn, KY makes me want to pack up and move there!

Adam Sommerville, Buckhorn's favorite bachelor, and Isabelle Presley, school librarian, have been friends for years. Adam never thought of Issy as anything more than that, until one day, he does. Issy, though, has had feelings for Adam for quite awhile, but it takes some meddling from Adam's
Debra
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet, lovely novella by Ms. Foster. She does a novella every summer as a benefits book for a couple of charities she supports and I think it is absolutely wonderful that she does this.

A Buckhorn Bachelor is the story of Adam--he is the step-son of Jordan from the original series, The Buckhorn Brothers. The kids are grown up and finding their own loves. Adam is a teacher and Isabella (Issy) is a school librarian. One day, Adam starts to see Issy in a different way and the sparks start
Karen Machamer
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lori-foster
Another great book in the Buckhorn series. Just love this series and can't wait for the next one.
Renee Entress
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this super story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1)
Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers, #2)
Gabe (Buckhorn Brothers, #3)
Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)
Casey (Buckhorn Brothers, #5)
Animal Attraction (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.5)
Back to Buckhorn (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.6)
A Buckhorn Summer (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.7)

This is Isabella and Adam’s story. Isabella and
Brandi
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great new addition to the Buckhorn series.

Adam finally realizes Izzy is the one for him. Izzy finally decides to try and get Adam's attention.

Jennifer Kirkey
Sep 14, 2016 rated it liked it

Buckhorn, Kentucky's favorite son has finally decided to tie the knot in a sizzling new Buckhorn Brothers novella

Adam Sommerville always thought he had it all—a great family in a close-knit community, a worthwhile job as a high school gym teacher and no shortage of women eager to be on his arm. But it seems his luck has suddenly run out. Because Buckhorn's most renowned bachelor has decided it's time to settle down—and the one woman he wants has just put him firmly in the friend zone.

Hiding

Rebecca Whaley
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Such a sweet novella. Been a fan of the Buckhorn series from the very beginning. The characters are so great and reading this one feels lie coming home. The storyline was fast paced and so entertaining. Definitely a good story to buy and read over and over!
This book was given to me by the author they netgalley for an honest review.
Veronica Rivera
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella was a super quick read. At about 90 or so pages, but wow alot was out in here. Adam is the son of Jordan the lical vet, and he serves as the lcal gym teacher. He also has a couple of things that is making him consider the future. All his cousins are getting married some are now having children of their own, and he is 30.

Isbella is the school librarian and she has a few dilemmas of her own. One is Adam she likes him, well no she loves him, and has for 5 years, but now she just wants
Amanda
Oh man this series seems to get better the further it goes, a lot of it for me has to do with Amber and what will she do next to hitch her cousins to the eligible men and women of Buckhorn?!

In this one we had Adam Somerville who is known as the most eligible bachelor in Buckhorn, and he plays the role well. Never hurting for female company he is the last person you expected to see fall so soon. Isabella came at Adam from left field, he wasn’t expecting her but he was also ready in some ways for
Madm007
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adam and Izzy / Ben and Chloe

This Buckhorn Series features Adam and Issy, who both work at the local school. Adam finally wakes up to the fact that Issy is hot! A fast easy read that will have you sighing or laughing and of course there's heat. Coming back to read about the next Gen of Buckhorns has been wonderful. The originals are all there, older but still full of the devil.
Kiss and Makeup was a great bonus. Chloe and Ben were so good, so funny, so hot. Just think of oh, what webs we weave
Alexandria
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adam is the town playboy who constantly has a different woman on his arm. Issy is the school librarian who has kept her feelings for Adam to herself. When Adam finally notices Issy, she suddenly has a line of men waiting to go out with her and Adam's cousin bringing more to her.

I enjoyed the small town charm where everyone knows each other's business. I couldn't live in a place like that, but I do enjoy reading about it.
Peni
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, novella
Recommended

A excellent addition to the Buckhorn series. I like how many of the older characters are included. Issy and Adam make a good couple. I'm looking forward to Amber's story given how she seems to be in the middle of so many couples already.
Deb
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two cute short stories: A Buckhorn Bachelor & A Buckhorn Summer! Love the small community, large close family and matchmaker cousin! Also like that my paperback purchased benefited the Animal Adoption Foundation!
Moey17
Quick brain-candy, just ok overall.
Michelle
May 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: all-books, romance, kindle
Ehhhh - another round of the next generation of Buckhorn brothers that doesn't really show much of any connection bw the couple other than sex. Just didn't do it for me.
Pilar Seacord
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story and Adam and Issy. Nosy cousin Amber was a bit of a pain. Also liked the bonus story. Really enjoyed the banter between Chloe and Ben. Recommend this book.
Christine D
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Robbi
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
It took me a minute to place Adam; Issy was a hoot also.
Jennie
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute story of Adam and Isabella falling in love.
Yolanda
Adam and Isabella's story. He is a gym teacher and she is the librarian.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• One Perfect Kiss (Hope, #8)
  • Dirty Sexy Sinner (Dirty Sexy,  #4)
  • Dirty Sexy Cuffed (Dirty Sexy, #3)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
  • Kiss and Makeup
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • Hard Justice (Alpha Security, #3)
  • Holding Fire (Alpha Security #2)
  • Dare to Take (Dare to Love, #6)
  • Wrapped in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder, #1)
  • Heated Pursuit (Alpha Security #1)
  • Inked Expressions (Montgomery Ink, #7)
  • Racked and Stacked (Blacktop Cowboys, #9)
  • Ink Enduring (Montgomery Ink, #5)
  • Waking Up Pregnant (Waking Up, #2)
  • Hidden Ink (Montgomery Ink, #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #33)
  • Controlled Burn (Boston Fire, #2)
  • Wait for Me (The Montgomery Brothers, #1)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds

Buckhorn Brothers (5 books)
  • Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1)
  • Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers, #2)
  • Gabe (Buckhorn Brothers, #3)
  • Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)
  • Casey (Buckhorn Brothers, #5)
“May I?” At the sound of that twangy voice, he jerked around and there she was, smiling at him. The evening sun gilded her gorgeous hair, highlighting the red and showing the richness of it. Her eyes were so very blue, her pale skin flushed. Between her breasts, her dress was slightly damp. Adam felt himself reacting and didn’t understand it. What was it about her? Besides her hotness. And teasing. And sweet little body... She turned to Garrett. “He does this often, sort of goes off in his own head. Has your family ever had him tested?” Amusement thick in his tone, Garrett said, “I don’t think so, but I can make the recommendation.” “Might be a good idea.” She looked at Adam again, tilted her head, then held out a hand. “The ice?” He” 0 likes
“He could talk to a buzzard and make it coo.” 0 likes