Start by marking “Hunt the Dawn (Fatal Dreams, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunt the Dawn (Fatal Dreams, #2)

Hunt the Dawn

(Fatal Dreams #2)

Out of darkness and danger...

You can’t hide your secrets from Lathan Montgomery—he can read your darkest memories. And while his special abilities are invaluable in the FBI’s hunt for a serial killer, he has no way to avoid the pain that brings him. Until he is drawn to courageous, down-on-her-luck Evanee Brown and finds himself able to offer her something he’s never offer
Published December 6th 2016 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Hunt the Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunt the Dawn

Sabrina
NOW ON SALE!

Yet again I am left speechless after reading this authors work. I said it before, and I will say it again, Abbie Roads has the something special that takes her from being a good author to a spectacular one. Hunt the Dawn went above and beyond my expectation and amazed me with how well the mix of paranormal, suspense, thriller, and romance could all come together.

Evanee Brown has nothing except her car, her job at a rundown diner, and her place at a hotel that a
KAS
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I STEPPED OUT of my comfort zone and dabbled in the paranormal realm. Although my thought process had to make some adjustments, I enjoyed the unfamiliar ride. It was a dark and suspenseful read, but was also a surprisingly tender romance. I am not sure, but some who are aficionados of this genre might say this one is light on the paranormal and leans more on the thriller/suspense spectrum. Nonetheless, the storyline and relationship between Lathan and Evanee kept me turning the pages.

Did you kno
Dianne
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve ever wished you could read someone’s thoughts or memories, have you considered the consequences to yourself? Lathan can read your darkest memories and the pain he endures is brutal, but his gift is a blessing for the FBI in their hunt for a twisted serial killer. Lathan’s gift separates him from humanity’s touch, crowds and feelings and for those who do not know of his gift, he is considered a reclusive eccentric. And then he met Evanee Brown, a girl down on her luck, with the spirit o ...more
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Hunt the Dawn by Abbie Roads

Paranormal romantic suspense thriller. Dark and gritty and oh, that poor heroine!
2nd in the series and can be read as a standalone.
You won't want to put this one down.

Lathan has the ability to smell details beyond the usual ranges. Including memories. He helps the FBI to track down serial killers on cold cases. And oh, this current killer is nasty! Lathan needs to isolate himself from being bombarded by memories from both people and everything they've touched.
Evanee,
Vi ❤ Inkvotary
I am in an emotional turmoil. Shocked ... no words.

Abbie you got me again! This novel has IT ALL - and a lot more. Sounds confusing? Maybe it does, but after youve read it, youll understand what I mean. Dark, bloody and cruel scenes as well as some very hot ones – be prepared for everything. This book is the perfect combination of the darkest of humankind with a romantic touch. And when you thought that Race The Darkness was already shocking in some ways then think again – because this one tops
Kay*FindMeInThePages*
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
*Contains spoilers*
Hunt the Dawn is the second book in Abbie Roads’, Fatal Dreams series. It can be read as a standalone, although several characters were introduced in the first book.

This book is hard for me to review. There were things I liked about the story, but unfortunately there were also things that I didn’t making rating this book difficult.

Both the hero, Lathan Montgomery, and the heroine, Evanee Brown have unique extrasensory abilities. It was nice to read such a unique take on the pa
SmartBitches
Feb 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

Sometimes I can only take so much crazysauce and wtfery before I have to tap out. I know, I know, you good folks rely on me to read this shit so you don’t have to, but even I have my limits. I DNF’d Hunt the Dawn, but I did get far enough to share some prime F+ moments with you.

Hunt the Dawn is a romantic suspense novel featuring Lathaniel (yes, yes, that is his actual name) Montgomery, a man who can smell peoples’ memories.

I’m going to pause and let you
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below! Paranormal, supernatural, psychological all rolled up into one. Trigger warnings though (check my full review for details) See full review on The Book Disciple
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
4.5 stars! Lots of trigger warnings though. Full review to come!
Didi

I ranted the whole time I read Race the Darkness, so it was sort of daredevil of me to even grabbed this following title. Admittedly, I was rather wary when I opened the first chapter. Turned out, I liked this book better than Race the Darkness. Well... sort of.

We met with Lathan Montgomery in the previous book, giving supposedly the help Xander - the hero there - needed. Lathan was born with the ability to read SMs (I interpret it as shared memory) of people just out of proximity and
Shelley
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lathan Montgomery can read memories and ferret out deep secrets all from his sense of smell. Brilliant power for a hero! (Although it does have its downside too) Lathan works for the FBI and is hot on the trail of a serial killer. A meeting with Evanee Brown brings change to both their lives. Evanee has strange nightmares that leave her freaking out and everyone—including those in the FBI—doubting her innocence. Her only champion is Lathan.

The themes of abuse, both sexual and mental, might not a
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
REVIEW TO FOLLOWWWW!!!
Trish R.
May 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Terrible...

I said I wasn’t going to read this book after reading Race the Darkness and finding it toooo unbelievable, even for a paranormal. But, I decided to give it a try since there are only the 2 books in the series.

First of all I don’t like authors who pick a pet name for the heroine and that’s all she uses. In the case of Evanee and Lathan he called her “honey” about 160 times. Really? At least in the first book, Race the Darkness, Xander only called Isleen “Babe or Baby” 44 times. (Unfor
Melanie Maloney
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another dark thriller romance with a touch of paranormal thrown in for good measure. I officially hate Junior and the Strategist but I am in love with Lathan!
Allie
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that while this is the second book in the series, you do not need to read the first book in the series to understand it. It is completely stand alone, but do yourself a favor and read the first anyway. You will be glad you did!

Abbie Roads is not afraid to deal in some very dark subject matter, and she has a very thorough grasp on what paranormal romance means. I wasn't sure that after reading the first book that she could top it, but oh how she did! I honestly believe this
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
I voluntarily received an ARC of Hunt the Dawn by Abbie Roads in exchange for an honest review.

When I sit back and imagine Abbie Roads writing the masterpiece that is Hunt the Dawn, I imagine something similar to the Professor mixing together the chemicals that made the Powerpuff Girls. Except Abbie mixed romance, steamy sex, action, and suspense instead of sugar, spice, everything nice, and chemical X.

Lathan's character grabbed my attention in Race the Darkness and made me want to know more ab
Judi Easley
I wondered what I had gotten into with the first couple of chapters. Then things started making sense to me and I got to know the characters a bit more. Things moved along and it turned into a dark romantic thriller worth reading. Full review soon.

My Review:

Lathaniel Montgomery has such a strange "magic". He can smell memories. That's how he is able to help the FBI solve cold cases. He has such an ultra developed sense of smell, that he can tell whose blood it is when he smells it, he knows who
Karen
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from NetGalley for this unbiased review.

4.5 Stars

The day I put down Race the Darkness , I've been waiting to read Hunt the Dawn.

Lathan was introduced in book one of Fatal Dreams, and even though it was just a couple of drive-by mentions, he really intrigued me. He seemed so different from Xander. So stoic, quiet, almost rude - it made me want to know more.

Learning more about Lathan makes everything clear. Where I thought he might be slightly unlikable, he was definitely not. Not in t
Hannah
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

So fantastic, Abbie Roads has nailed the dark, disturbing, and sexy. What's nice is that you don't have to read the first book of the series, Race the Darkness, in order to read this one; it helps but it's not required. This book was everything I hoped for and more when I thought about Lathan story. Evanee I really love her, she did what she had to do to survive and even when at her lowest it didn't stop her.

Lathan is unbelievable with his overactive olfactory being able to see memor
♥Knhebek, hbeebti♥
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
**** ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ****

Warning: This review/rating is based on my feelings, thoughts, likes and dislikes. You should read the book to form your own opinion/thoughts. Read on!

Rating: 3.5 Stars
Cover: I like it
Cliffhanger: Nope
Triangle: Uhhhh…

Well, this book was very promising, it just needed something more.

Lathan, was developed very nicely, I liked him, I believed him and I wanted to know more about him.

Evanee, I just couldn’t relate to her. She
Bindi Boo
This was an amazing read.
Paranormal-romance-thriller, the hero was the best. Loved this so much!
Jacquie
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lathan Montgomery is blessed with the ability to read people’s memories and their joy and fears through a powerful sense of smell. Often overwhelmed by the information coming at him from all directions, it’s not until he meets troubled Evanee Brown that his inner demons are laid to rest.

That is until strange things begin to happen and the danger, both past and present, threatens to Destroy the only good in Lathan’s world.

This story was complex, fascinating, and edgy. Roads use of fresh ideas and
Kim Shofner
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This book was amazing! I loved how Abbie Roads capitalized on Lathan and Evanee touching so much. This book was packed with action from the beginning to the end. Evanee lived through so much and Abbie makes you feel it all. She just hits you in the emotional teeth. Everyone in Evanee's life has used her in some way so when she meets Lathan and all he brings her is comfort she can't really believe it. Lathan's life hasn't been much better. Together they bring comfort and healing to each ot ...more
Krystal gaston
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hunt The Dawn is book 2 in the Fatal Dream series written by Annie Roads. Book 1 in the series, Race The Darkness, was about Xander and Isleen. Hunt the Dawn is Lathan and Evanees story, and what a story it is. This book has it all a little romance, a little mystery and just about every emotion in between. Lathan is great, he has his issues but he doesn’t let them stop him when it comes to people, especially cold case killers that need tracked down.
The story is mostly told in Lathans point of v
Stacey Schneller
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What really drawn me to this book was the cover as well as the blurb. I absoulty had to read this story. It just grabbed my attention.

I never knew what was going to happen next. It kept me on the edge of my seat. There was some emotions in this story and you can feel them with the characters.

Once you get started you will not be able to put this book down there was a lot of mystery, murder, susprnse and as well as some romance. As well as twists and turns. I loved every bit of it.

This was my f
Myra Espino
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!

Hunt the Dawn is the second book of Fatal Dreams series. In this book, it's Evanee 'Honey' and Lathaniel 'Lathan's story. The start was good but as the story goes, it keeps getting better and better!! I loved every second of it. Lathan and Evanne's story will make you call in love and somewhat emotional in some parts. Warning tho, be prepared before reading this because you might find some scenes gruesome.

Overall, the story is amazing and I love every minute of it!
Monique
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good read. Evanee got on my nerves at times though, with her sometimes childish behavior - sticking out her tongue at people - and her pity for one very unsavory character. I was like - 'Bitch! Really?' Speaking of...how many times did she have to be rescued?
Lathaniel wasn't perfect, but I liked his character a lot better.
Anyway - 'Hunt the Dawn' had a lot of great twists and turns, and considering the gruesome aspects of the story, there was a nice HEA ending.
Gail Mitchell
Apr 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Weird!!!
Steena Holmes
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impossible to put down !

Loved it! Hooked from the very beginning. I've waited to read this book, kept it as a reward for the holidays. I can't wait to read book three! The author pushes you over the ledge with her writing until you are immersed in the story.
Dawn ♥ romance
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, paranormal
I was sucked into this paranormal romantic suspense with plenty of action that moved right along. There was lots of violence which was daunting yet held my attention and along with their special abilities made the relationship all the more meaningful. Lathan rescues Evanee on the roadside when she is being attacked by her evil stepbrother.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Roll Against Discovery (3d20 #3)
  • Reawakening (Forever Dead, #1)
  • Raphael (Secrets and Sins, #3)
  • Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8)
  • Alphas Unleashed
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • Fortune's Hero (Soldiers of Fortune, #1)
  • Edge of Surrender (Alpha Crew, #2)
  • One More Valentine
  • Trancehack (Magic Born, #1)
  • The Trouble with Moonlight
  • Keeper of the Night / The Keepers
  • Nobody's Angel (Earth Angels, #1)
  • Red Hot Holiday
  • Wishes Come True (Djinn, #1)
  • Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1)
  • Cop On Her Doorstep (True Love In Uniform, #1)
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)

Fatal Dreams (3 books)
  • Race the Darkness (Fatal Dreams, #1)
  • Never Let Me Fall (Fatal Dreams, #3)
“He wanted to believe he could have a happy ending with her, but his reality was a cruel, hard place where good things just didn’t happen. Or if they did, they never lasted.” 0 likes