Start by marking “Glitz” as Want to Read:
Glitz

Glitz

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  1,356 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
All's fair in love and war - especially when there's a trust fund at stake. The four beautiful Chambers girls are rolling in money, thanks to the trust fund set up by their reclusive, super-rich uncle Clem. But when he summons his nieces to his mansion in the Seychelles to announce his engagement to Bai-Ling, a woman young enough to be their baby sister, the girls know the ...more
Published April 17th 2008 (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Glitz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glitz

Siany
Jan 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010
Louise Bagshawe has been one of my favourite authors for a few years.
Her books are lighthearted and don't required too much thinking, which I enjoy and I have always loved the good guys, bad guys, romance storyline angles.

It took me a while to get into this one though, I thought about giving up about 80 pages in, but decided to perserve. And I am glad I did and it turned out to be quite enjoyable.
I didnt particularly like any of the main characters to begin with, but they kinda grew on me aft
Jade
Oct 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Can't really give a chick lit more than a 3....but, after a dull start (why do these books go on and on about what chanel dress etc they're wearing!) the book was very fast moving. I actually found myslef...dare I say...really excited by it. The ending was like a classic rom com movie and gave me a spring in my step. Nothing original or worthy of a booker, but a really nice, enjoyable read. Definitely one to recommend if you need a little self absorbed pick me up.
Louisa Eggleton
Mar 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I've discovered that chick-lit is definately my thing! I loved the characters in this story and have felt it very hard to say goodbye to them now the book is finished. This book has taught me to cherish the ability to make it on your own, and be proud of your successes. And that you don't need much money to have a ton of class, but sometimes people can have a ton of money and not much class! At the end of the day, handouts are cursed money....it's the money you earn yourself t ...more
Claire O'brien
Nov 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Oh god this was bad! Nothing more to say!!
Sana Panjwani
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Well written, good character development but the plot was a bit too unrealistic and shallow for my taste. It's a quick read though and a good time-killer.
Laini
Jun 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit, fiction, romance
Glitz is the story of 4 cousins, Juno and her sister Athena, and their cousins, Venus and her sister Diana. Very different girls, who had very different childhoods, they all now have one very important thing in common, they are rich, extremely rich, and famous because of their wealth. This fabulous lifestyle they lead is provided by their uncle Clem, a reclusive business man who lives on an island in the middle of nowhere. Their only duty in order to receive this money is to visit Clem for 2 wee ...more
Laura-marie
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After reading many of Tilly Bagshawe's books, I decided I might give her sister's (Lousie Bagshawe) books a go. On the cover Cosmoplitan quoted "If a novel were a glass of champagne, this would be it". So out of all the other Louise Bagshawe books, this one won the vote of being placed into my basket simply because it has been highly appraised and expected the same standard of writing skills as her sister. And after reading the book, I started to understand why this book was compared to a glass ...more
Lilanthi
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Leaving out the detailed descriptions of the branded clothes, shoes, accessories and furniture, (even at highly emotional moments) the actual story was very interesting.
Diana, Venus, Athena and Juno are living it up in the highest society circles, thanks to a trust fund established by their reclusive uncle Clement in the Seychelles, whose life moral is to prove to the world that money comes before family obligations.
They are suddenly summoned to a family meeting to discover to their horror, that
Mekerei
Aug 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Glitz by Louise Bagshawe is fully fledged chic lit.

"The four beautiful Chambers girls are rolling in money, thanks to the trust fund set up by their reclusive, super-rich uncle Clem. But when he summons his nieces to his mansion in the Seychelles to announce his engagement to Bai-Ling, a woman young enough to be their baby sister, the girls know the party could be over. Can they stop the wedding? What happens when four pampered princesses have to cope without their trust fund? Who will learn to
Goddess Of Blah
Mar 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
DUMB. DUMB. DUMB. SO DUMB IT HURTS.
description
JUST SHUT UP. YOU'RE STUPID.
NO MORE PLEASE! YOU DUMB B****

description

As bad as her career as a Tory MP.

SNORE

IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO READ THESE BOOKS FOR MY JOB - I WOULDN'T. BETTER CHICK LIT OUT THERE
Amanda
Mar 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A sociopathic old relative uses his billions to keep his four bland, beige and yellow (seriously, what is the author's love for yellow and grey about?) wearing parasitic nieces around until he sees the vaguest chance of siring an heir to his fortune. Then the one dimensional beige monsters find they have to root around elsewhere for the money they so desperately love, only to find that, shock, horror, it's not so bad having to work for your millions.

Hard to find a character to even remotely lik
Katherine
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book took me a while to read because the start wasn't very inspiring, but I persevered and it actually turned out to be quite a good read.

I disagree with people who claim it lacks a storyline. Although the characters could be perceived as being bland in the beginning, I believe that the plot is well-rooted and develops nicely. It could be described as predictable but was also a fun and easy read and I would have taken it to the beach if we weren't in the grips of winter.

You've got to expect
Holly
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Possibly the best Louise Bagshawe I've read. Much like her other books, it's independent women striving to make it in the business world, succeeding fairly effortlessly, whilst looking fabulous and pulling fit men in the process. I particularly liked the different types of women in this one. Although I wasn't too fond of a couple of the cousins, this just shows how their differing personalities were highlighted throughout the book, while each of them complimented the rest and there was something ...more
Helen
Sep 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Perfect summer reading for the summer beach. I did not find any of the sisters very likeable. They are rich through their rich uncle, are very shallow, and except for the youngest do not contribute to society by actually holding a job or doing something useful. All they do is shop for expensive designer clothes (look down on others who can't afford what they can), go to expensive restaurants, host parties, and think they will stay thin by starving themselves by just eating a salad.
Jes Jester
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Every once in awhile I like to stray from my usual genres and read a glorious bit of brain candy (chick-lit). I knew that everything would work out in the end. Everyone would be beautiful, rich and completely in love. Not too many shockers in this one, but a good read for anyone looking for a break from their life. I enjoyed it but have had my chick-lit fill for the next while, so in that sense, it accomplished what I hoped it would.
Hatty
Feb 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Maz Romes
Jan 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
Glitz.
when I first red the book's blurb and the online comments I thought hmm sounds like my type of book. unfortunately, I was proved wrong after reading the first 100 pages. I found that the plot takes to long to develop and as I am a person who likes to get straight to the point I got bored and decided to put the book down.
Mageela
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
The beginning lags, the four Chambers ladies, named after goddess, are flat in the beginning but when they are cut off from their insanely rich and now engaged one too, they develop character. They start to form into characters and become women you respect and might want to friend. You'll find on you relate to. I'm Athena.
Kathryn
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've had this book sat on my shelf for a few years - think I was put off by the sheer size of it (hardback), but I'm glad I read it, and it was a quick read as I was so addicted!!

The book was basically set worlds apart from my own life, which I found intriguing, and once I sorted in my head which cousin was which, I loved the storyline!
Redfox5
Jun 04, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
I did enjoy this book but there are alot of things in it that remind me of the plots of her other books. It feels like a mixture of Glamour, The Movie and Career girls. Which I'm not saying I found a bad thing. Just makes it an easy read with no suprizes. The intentional refences to The Movie and Sparkles I love. I love it when authors do that!
Rio (Lynne)
After reading Glamour(one of my favorites) and Sparkles I was excited to get this book. Sadly, this book was just boring. Maybe it was just me, but I couldn't get into it.
Samantha
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it
This is not normally the type of book I buy as I've got older. However I bought it from a charity shop, and thought I'd give it ago. I enjoyed it it's fun. A little silly and far fetched, but again that's why it was a fun sunshine, uncomplicated read. It's like a American soap opera, glamour, glitz, money and power.
Arrica Lee
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Glitz is every bit as good as Glamour. Fame, fortune, style, cat fights, drama, relationship and love. All these elements hold Glitz together and makes it one good read. I got hooked instantly and what else can I say - Louise Bagshawe did it again!
Annika Lee
Jun 07, 2013 rated it liked it
A good book on 4 clever woman having a great success in their businesses after their uncle's engagement.It's a great book for discovering what women can do by themselves just by their confidence and talent.Unfortunately,this book is lack of romance.There are but not enough to keep me satisfied.
Jason Dumbrell
Dec 04, 2014 rated it liked it
With her titles and covers, bagshawe is aiming purely at female readers. A brief period of incapacitation lead me to her books and showed me that hers are books that prove the saying "never judge a book by its cover".
Recommend to men as well.
Kathy Chung
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The beginning was not that good. The girls were pretty shallow. It got better in the middle where they start to buck up . Love the grand finale.

Would have been better experience if the girls hold stronger characterlistic.
Samra Muslim
Mar 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Reading this book was equivalent to sinful pleasures one derives from soap operas and rom-coms!
Well written story and characters ...
The best part being as a reader you are under-going the gradual transitions with the four Chamber girls as the story (and their lives) progress!
Heidi David
Nov 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Lisa
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very girly girl book, was a bit slow to start, but once got into it really enjoyed it!!
Margaret
Feb 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Good book, just a shame it took two thirds of the book to get into it. I love this author, but this is the worst one of hers I've read.
  • Flawless
  • Between Males
  • Bad Behaviour
  • Cafe Tropicana
  • Tell Me Something
  • Late Night Shopping (Annie Valentine, #2)
  • Fortune
  • Just Say Yes
  • Solo
  • Rosie Meadows Regrets
  • Daughters of Fortune
Louise Daphne Bagshawe was born on 28 June 1971 in England, UK. She attended local all-girls Catholic schools near her family home in Surrey, before going to Oxford University in 1989. After graduating with a degree in Anglo Saxon and Norse, she worked as press officer with EMI records and then as a marketing official with Sony Music. On her 22nd birthday, her passion for writing was realised with ...more
More about Louise Bagshawe...