Start by marking “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” as Want to Read:
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (Peanuts Holiday TV Specials)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  665 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
In this beloved classic for the whole family, Charlie Brown has to prepare an entire Thanksgiving meal before time runs out! Featuring the antics of Snoopy, Woodstock, Sally, Peppermint Patty, and the rest of the Peanuts® gang, this special collector's Miniature Edition, based on the beloved holiday television special, is the perfect kickoff to the holiday season.
Published September 5th 2006 by Running Press (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

Kathy Worrell  ツ
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Charlie Brown is always 5 stars in my book!
Mariah
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
My students really enjoyed how this followed the similar patterns of Charlie Brown books :)
Paula
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving is off to a typical start as Lucy pulls the football out from under him just as he is about to kick it. It’s downhill from there as Peppermint Patty invites herself and several friends to CB’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. With the help of Snoopy and friends, CB prepares an unconventional Thanksgiving feast, and despite some grousing and hurt feelings, everyone learns the meaning and spirit of Thanksgiving. Schulz’s bright drawings take over this picture book and ca ...more
Jonathan Balun
I love this book. A must read for anyone who loves Charlie Brown. Read about Charlie, Snoopy, Peppermint Patty, Linus and the rest of the gang. See what happens when Peppermint Patty invites herself and some friends over to Charlie Brown's house for Thanksgiving. Snoopy will have to help Charlie save the day with his hilarious version of the Thanksgiving meal. Charles Schultz has one the hearts of everyone with this cast of characters time and time again. This does not disappoint. great for kids ...more
Penny
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic book. Snoopy has always been a favorite around here. The kids can't seem to get enough of the Peanuts gang.

In this story we get a cute look at the true meaning of Thanksgiving. Linus showers us with a little dose of history. We even get to see Snoopy's crazy antics.

While not the same as watching the Thanksgiving special, a favorite of mine when I was a kid, it's a fun little book. It fulfills that need for nostalgic reminiscing around the holidays.
Trisha Danie
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Charlie Brown and the gang really had a unique Thanksgiving. Although Peppermint Patty invited herself along with some other friends, she was finally able to understand the true meaning of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is not just a time to eat food. It is a time to be with the ones you care about and show that your thankful for them to be a part of your life. Linus and Marcie had the right idea, they understand the importance of Thanksgiving and shared that with their friends.
Bree
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the brightly colored pictures. They stand out and draw you into the book. I've never seen the thanksgiving Charlie Brown on tv so I had no idea what to expect. I thought the story was pretty cute. It kept that child like tone, which I really liked. A nice addition to your bookshelf.
Cristine Cris
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jaime Contreras
My brothers and I loved this story of the Peanuts' Thanksgiving celebration. When I shared it with my children, they also loved it. The star of this tale of a very non-traditional Thanksgiving is Snoopy. This is funny.
Mr
Jan 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's about charlie brown forgeting a thanksgiving dinner. Charlie calls for help from his friends. Charlie's dog cooks the food for charlie friend. When the food was ready the kids ate the food on a ping pong table. You should always make the feast before thanksgiving.
Jackie
Everyone knows the story of Charlie Brown and Peppermint Pattie and Thanksgiving...in Charlie Brown's own unique way, he finds a way to host Thanksgiving dinner even when he wasn't planning on having anyone over.

Charlie Brown and Charles Schulz at their best!
Nicole
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun Thanksgiving book! My children and I have enjoyed reading it and watching it on TV. You can help but wonder where the parents were when they were cooking...
Danielle
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not a Charlie Brown fan...
Jamia
May 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Mel Raschke
Too many people for dinner. Charlie Brown doesn't know what to do with Peppermint Patty and all her friends.
Zak Knudson
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is always room for classics! This classic tells about stress, conflict, and how sometimes things work out on their own! A great read for kids, and great lessons - too!
Never
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Charming! Thanksgiving couldn't get more Charlie Browny than this, what with Peppermint Patty in the scene.
Nov 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
A book from my childhood. I enjoyed it then because it was a comic of the annual tv special. Now, my students would call it a graphic novel, but it hasn't lost any of its charm.
Kristine
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book with my grandson. It has always been a favorite of ours on Thanksgiving day.
Kevin Summers
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This book has great artwork and it is very well written, but it still can't compete with the TV special.
bluetyson
isbn,original
Katie
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I love that it included some info about why we celebrate Thanksgiving, AND a prayer.
Robin
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
love these classic charlie brown episodes are available on kindle now and how they have made them interactive.
Kara
Tara Miller
Jan 19, 2015
  • Thanks for Thanksgiving
  • The Thanksgiving Door
  • Thanksgiving at the Tappletons'
  • Thanksgiving Is for Giving Thanks
  • Molly's Pilgrim
  • Franklin's Thanksgiving
  • The Fifth Garfield Treasury
209672
Charles Monroe Schulz was an American cartoonist, whose comic strip Peanuts proved one of the most popular and influential in the history of the medium, and is still widely reprinted on a daily basis.

Schulz's first regular cartoons, Li'l Folks, were published from 1947 to 1950 by the St. Paul Pioneer Press; he first used the name Charlie Brown for a character there, although he applied the name in
More about Charles M. Schulz...

Peanuts Holiday TV Specials (4 books)
  • It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown