Start by marking “Die Wunschliste” as Want to Read:
Die Wunschliste

Die Wunschliste

3.46  ·  Rating Details ·  9,473 Ratings  ·  1,538 Reviews
Küsse einen wildfremden Mann, sieh dir einen Sonnenaufgang an, verändere das Leben eines anderen – drei von zwanzig Dingen, die Marissa bis zu ihrem fünfundzwanzigsten Geburtstag erleben wollte. Als Marissa bei einem Autounfall ums Leben kommt, ist June, die Fahrerin des Wagens, voller Schuldgefühle, und erst als sie Marissas Wunschliste zu der ihren macht, sieht sie Licht ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Die Wunschliste, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Wunschliste

Chea
Jun 24, 2008 Chea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my worst enemy.
This book was ridiculous and the main character was kind of an idiot and I'm SO SICK of books that make EVERY WOMAN out to be a neurotic mess whose salvation comes in the form of some DOUCHE BAG guy. Thank you.
Donna
Jul 31, 2008 Donna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This review is based on reading the first 35 pages and the last chapter of the book. I couldn't read any more than that. I really wanted to like this book. I loved the premise of it: a woman's car passenger dies in an accident and she finds her list of "20 Things To Do Before I Turn 25" and does them for her, and in the process finds meaning in her own life. But I didn't like the author's writing style. It didn't draw me in and I got easily bored. It felt like she was writing a screenplay more t ...more
Christina
Sep 27, 2007 Christina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007, library
Wow, the reviews I have read about this have me confused. The concept of the book was really cute, the execution was horrible. It was silly and shallow and wow I cannot believe how many people loved it. Don't bother!
Kimz Zahour
Mar 22, 2008 Kimz Zahour rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Add this to your "to-read" list then snatch it up quick and read it right away! It's the story of a woman named June and how her life unfolds as she struggles to complete someone else’s list of things to do before my next birthday. Isn't that a cute concept for a story? And it contains all the elements I love in a book... Lots of humor and even some touching moments that brought tears to my eyes (without being too sappy). I adored the voice of this book and felt like my best friend (literally my ...more
May 03, 2010 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Book clubs for older women who enjoy light reading
Shelves: book-club
Sandra
Sep 13, 2008 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, probably because I'm a list maker myself. I thought it was funny and entertaining, plus an easy read that I got through in a day.

June embarks on a life-changing mission to complete the list of an almost stranger-Marissa-who was killed in a car accident where June was the driver. The list, "20 Things To Do By My 25th Birthday", had some quirky items--go braless, eat ice cream in public--but had some poignant entries as well.

Though a decade older, June found herself imm
Julia
Nov 24, 2013 Julia rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011
2016: Wie peinlich.
Ich lese gerade so ernste Bücher, dass ich dachte nebenbei wäre mal was oberflächliches ganz nett. Ich hab 75 Seiten gelesen und die ganze Zeit gedacht: Dieses Buch ist das Papier nicht wert auf dem es gedruckt wurde. Klarer Anwärter für die "goldene Himbeere". Von der ersten Seite an weiß man wie es ausgeht und es wirft mit üblen Klischees nur so um sich.
Ich gebe den Titel hier ein und stelle fest - angeblich habe ich dieses Buch schon 2011 gelesen. Ich kann mich absolut nic
Holly
Oct 03, 2008 Holly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This book was chosen as a reader's choice at my library. Usually I find new treasures that way. This book was crude, crass, and made me feel like there was not much hope for the general populace. The author chose a fun theme, that of lists to do before you die type of thing with a Magnificent Obsession twist, but don't waste your list on this one. Life is too short.
Marla
Apr 17, 2012 Marla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Very enjoyable audiobook. June is in an accident and her passenger is killed. June finds a 20 things to do before my 25th birthday and decides to complete the unchecked items for the dead girl, Marissa. Along the way she learns things about herself and changes. Well worth the read.
Meg
Mar 11, 2010 Meg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jill Smolinski's The Next Thing On My List isn't anywhere near the sobfest you would expect it to be, considering our narrator is completing tasks dreamed up by a dead woman. It's actually an incredibly entertaining, heartwarming and inspirational novel that had me flipping the pages from day one.

The strength of book, for me, came in the form of June and Smolinski's sense of humor, which was pitch-perfect. Any off-color jokes would certainly have not been well-received by the audience -- me -- b
Megan Richards
May 09, 2012 Megan Richards rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beach goers, vacationers, women in 20s/30s
An entertaining, quick read. June is a character you can root for and (sometimes) relate to, but utterly frustrating at times when she just can't get it together. I loved the take on the conventional "woman in 30s has mid-life crisis and sets out to complete goals" plot by having the protagonist be a woman who didn't set out to change her own life. Good for an enjoyable, uplifting summer or vacation read.
Carole
I really enjoyed this book. Even chuckled several times out loud. The main character seemed to behave a little young for a 34 year old. But still I enjoyed it.
beloved books by Tine
Oct 12, 2015 beloved books by Tine rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015, best
eine ganz süße Geschichte
Milissa
Dec 16, 2012 Milissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Debbie  Godowsky
May 20, 2008 Debbie Godowsky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
June Parker's life is changed overnight when the passenger of her car, 24 year old Marissa, is thrown from the vehicle and killed. In the aftermath, June comes across a list that Marissa had been carrying in her purse: "20 Things to Do Before My 25th Birthday".

Seeing that just two items have been crossed off(#1: Lose 100 pounds and #4: Wear sexy shoes), June sets out to complete the list by Marissa's 25th birthday in six months. The list is covers it all from #6: Dare to go braless to #10: ride
Juli Hoffman
Mar 08, 2016 Juli Hoffman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gobbled this story up in a day, just what I needed!

Maybe I was able to relate a little too well with the main character, June, but this story made me want to look closer at the direction of my own life. It made me want to get out of my comfort zone, to make a difference in another person's life. This was a terrific feel good story about taking control of your destiny and making your dreams come true. This book makes me want to write out a list of my own. Perhaps I will. I'd highly recommend this
Devon
Mar 02, 2008 Devon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Has the spunk and energy of a Janet Evanovich book . . . in fact, now that I think about it, this is like a West Coast Stephanie Plum. Instead of sizzling Ranger the bounty hunter, we have sizzling Runner the massage therapist . . . instead of the hot Italian Morelli, we have Martucci . . . instead of sexily-clad sidekick Lula, we have sexily-clad sidekick Brie. The doughnuts were the same on both coasts.
All that said, this book sneaks up on you with a surprisingly meaningful and thoughtful stor
Pati
May 21, 2008 Pati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pati by: Michelle Frasier
Thanks, Michelle, I enjoyed this one. About a girl who got into a car accident with someone in the car that she had just met at a weight watchers meeting. The passenger died and had left a list of things she wanted to do and the driver felt so guilty, she decided to do everything that was on the list. Not an easy thing to do...
Nadine
Jan 13, 2009 Nadine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book!!! It was a light, easy read but still managed to have a lot of depth. I found it relatable which made it even more fun to read. Oh and there are tons of laugh out loud moments, which I love!
Destiny Capron
Nov 04, 2013 Destiny Capron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually enjoyed this book and I am usually not one too like these types of books. I enjoyed the outline and how the main character tried to complete the list for the deceased character. It showed that there are good people in the world.
Susan Bazzett-Griffith
This book almost had three stars from me, but the ending was just awful. Very fluffy story, despite having kind of a dark premise, and though the list became annoying, it definitely did give a solid structure for the at times convoluted plot line. A fun read, and I won't spoil it, but, again, dude, the end. SO BAD. Just two stars.
Jul 26, 2017 Sarah marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Can't get into the author's writing style. I really liked the idea of the book, but the writing feels so forced. The main character is also such a stereotypical, neurotic single woman and I just can't stand it.
Amy
This is not a great thinker book, but that's okay. Sometimes you need a lighter read between reading Dostoevsky and the book on Math given to you by your son at Christmas. This was one of those books that, while pointing in the Chick Lit direction, actually has a little more thought and scope than some of those flashy covered novels about young-and-single-working-in-publishing/marketing/advertising/fashion making her life's dream come true. It's kind of a surrogate "Bucket List", only in this ca ...more
Nov 03, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sarah by: Bookclub
I actually liked this book...would I read it again? probably not. The one thing that I really disliked about this book was the strong language that was used. I recently read The Glass Castle which has strong language as well, but I wasn't as bothered by it as I was with this book.

So what is the difference? Well, The Glass Castle is about someone's actual life and you cannot sugarcoat life and was usually done in anger. Also, the swearing was done by a man who wasn't taught any differently. So I
Meagan
Jul 22, 2009 Meagan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
This book is an insanely fast read, which is good since I read it from start to finish in one sitting. I didn't have any intention of reading this book when I did, but once I had picked it up to read the first sentence out of pure curiosity, I found myself staying up until 2am to find out what happened. The strange mix of sorrow, guilt, lighthearted humor, and hope was very appealing for a summer read.

June Parker, 32 years old, offered a ride to a woman in uncomfortable shoes at her Weight Watch
Laurel-Rain
Feb 24, 2009 Laurel-Rain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A young woman gives another woman a lift—they've just met at a Weight Watchers meeting—and tragically, there is an accident and the passenger is killed.

This is how June Parker, an employee at a ridesharing company, finds a list belonging to Marissa Jones, her deceased passenger...in the personal effects afterwards. It is a list of twenty-five things Marissa wanted to do before her twenty-fifth birthday (she was twenty-four when she died). Two things are already crossed off. And to assuage her gu
Milagros Lopez
2.5
bueno, este libro me resulto, en las primeras 250 paginas, insoportable. No logre hacer un vinculo con ninguno de los personajes, las conversaciones y situaciones eran extremadamente ridiculas y forzadas pero sin embargo fue entretenido. Si tuviera la oportunidad de volver a comprarlo no lo haria. Pero me gusto el final. Muchas situaciones fueron predecibles, en parte, pero el final me sorprendio. de verdad pense que iba a ser un libro romantico (como dice en la tapa) donde iba a tener una re
Lee Ann
Jun 09, 2010 Lee Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was somewhat predictable from page 14, but had a surprising twist which was a pleasant surprise. The way the list is accomplished is very touching and really shows how a life can be changed - without the big event and plans that one might expect. The writing makes the reader feel that they are completing the list with June, and cheering her on to meet the deadline. As the story unfolds, you learn that it's more about the purpose of the list adding value to one's life than the actual ta ...more
Dec 24, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a witty chick lit read
Recommended to Jennifer by: Kelly
Exactly the sort of brain candy I needed on my first "official" day of vacation. June Parker is working through a life list of "20 Things to Do by My 25th Birthday" only she's already 34 and it's not her list. Only 6 months before, June survived a car crash that killed her passenger, Marissa Jones, a young woman June barely knew, and the list was Marissa's. Though June hasn't told Marissa's family that she has this list, she decides she must try to work through the eighteen remaining items (the ...more
Ali
Dec 10, 2008 Ali rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did like this book. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. I really liked the idea of June wanting to finish Marissa's list of things to do before she turned 25- after Marissa dies in a car accident. I do feel disappointed, however, that the author didn't do so much more with it. I know the list was more in celebration of her 100 lb. weight loss, and so Marissa wanted to do fun things that they didn't feel she could do while overweight, but I would have liked the list to have more meaning and dep ...more
  • The Ten Best Days of My Life
  • Getting Warmer
  • Accidental It Girl
  • Glückskekse
  • Five Things I Can't Live Without
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
  • It's About Your Husband
  • Fashionistas
  • Through Thick and Thin
  • Good Things
  • The Cinderella Pact
  • She, Myself & I
  • The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter, #1)
  • Four Wives
I am the author of the novels Objects of My Affection, The Next Thing on My List and Flip-Flopped. I love calling in to book clubs, so visit my web site if you're reading one of my books and would like me to join in the discussion.
More about Jill Smolinski...

“People are living too much or too little, and I wondered if anyone out there is living the right amount.” 13 likes
“How is it that you're such an expert on home pregnancy kits?"
You're asking that question of an Italian stallion like myself? The women call me 'sperm of thunder'. I don't dare stand too close for fear I may impregnate them with just a whiff of my manhood.”
10 likes