Start by marking “The Best Australian Stories 2006” as Want to Read:
The Best Australian Stories 2006

The Best Australian Stories 2006

Robert Drewe has put together a sparkling, often surprising, new collection of Best Australian Stories. Included are much-loved writers such as Alex Miller, Carmel Bird and Frank Moorhouse, as well as talented newcomers such as Cate Kennedy, Will Elliott and Chris Womersley.
Published 2006 by Black Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Best Australian Stories 2006, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Australian Stories 2006

Start your review of The Best Australian Stories 2006
Ainsley
Feb 29, 2008 rated it it was ok
If these are the best stories Australia had to offer in 2006, then the country is in some serious trouble. They are all well written (which is why they get two stars), but most are deathly boring. I don't want to read about a fictional account of someone else's mundane life - It is like the worst of both the worlds of fiction and non-fiction.
Lisa
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
A decent enough collection of short stories, though not one I need to keep on my shelves. There seemed to be an over-abundance of stories that have a disquieting note to them and the few stories I liked a lot I already own in different collections.
Maria
Jul 28, 2011 added it
Really enjoyed some of these stories; it was particularly pleasing to read writers I hadn't heard of before. Must search out their other stuff.
Michael
is currently reading it
Jun 02, 2019
Kate Jordan
Aug 29, 2019
Robert Drewe is among Australia’s most loved writers – of novels, memoir and short stories. His iconic Australian books include The Shark Net, The Bodysurfers and Our Sunshine. He is also editor of Black Inc.’s Best Australian Stories annual series. Recently, he has revisited the short story himself, with a masterful new collection, The Rip. Jo Case spoke to him for Readings about storytelling.