Start by marking “Fighting Fate (Fighting, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fighting Fate (Fighting, #6)

Fighting Fate

(Fighting #6)

***BONUS CONTENT: The first two chapters of JB Salsbury's stand alone novel SPLIT included!

Axelles broken.
I live to hold her together.

Killian McCreery only has two dreams . . .
Fight for the UFL.
And Axelle.

Hes watched her give her time and her body to men who dont deserve to breathe her air. Hes waited, worked hard to become the kind of man she deserves, hoping one day,
Kindle Edition
Published May 3rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Fate, please sign up.
J.B. Salsbury Yes, Mandy C is right!

Yes, Mandy C is right!

We first meet Killian in Fighting for Flight. He's the young, awkward kid who's obsessed with all things UFC and gets Jonah's autograph in the airport. We meet Killian again in Blake's book when he winds up being at the same high school as Axelle and they become BFFs. As the books go on Killian and Axelle's friendship grows. And now... we get their story. (less)

Start your review of Fighting Fate (Fighting, #6)
A.
5 3 Stars

******Spoiler Alert ******

You better prepare yourself because this review is contradictory and makes little sense. But thats how I feel. Conflicted. And PISSED OFF.

In short, this is how it went down:

I picked up this book because I just knew I would love it. I had loved the first five books. This author had never failed me. And I wasnt wrong. It was amazing. I was loving every minute of it. The hero was to die for, the story was gripping, the writing was phenomenal and my feelings
Christy
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-audios
 photo D364622B-E05C-43DB-BD21-8A39EFADA0ED_zpskvb82vc4.png

Fighting Fate is the 6th book in JB Salsbury's Fighting series and one I've been highly anticipating since book 2. This is Killian and Axelle's story. I can't tell you how long I've waited for this book. Killer has been one of my favorite characters in this series, and I just knew from the start he and Axelle would end up together. Or at least I hoped ;) When I heard they were getting their own book I was ecstatic.

I'm honestly not sure what to say about this one. There were parts I loved,
London

description
It really sucks when an author gives you the hero of your dreams and then crushes the fucking shit out of it.

I was so beyond ecstatic to find a book where it's the hero that's been saving himself and pining over the heroine. At the start of the book Killian was absolutely swoon worthy. I honestly thought if the book continued in the direction I had been at the start that he alone would have made the book 5 stars. But we don't always get what we want.

We constantly get the virgin heroine that's
✿kawehi.reviews
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

Wah, such a beauteous combination of unconditional love and friendship that transcends through time, space, continents, and utter heartbreak!!

pizap com14598439905841

Axelle is by far one the most scarred and broken characters within the Fighting Series. We are introduced to her in bk2 of the series, and from there and to now, we learn the circumstances leading up to her birth and her inner turmoil that she feels towards herself.

SHES a
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
Passin on this one because (view spoiler) what a waste of a virgin hero.
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3.5 Quick Kill Stars

This is probably one of my favorite fighting series...I feel like I went on this journey with each character! I Loved Killian as a scrawny nerd looking for more and Axelle, the lost girl who found a family in a gym full of MMA fighters!

photo 18c00869-0cb6-41f1-934f-fae79669988f_zps1uhcnd3j.jpg

I feel like this is a total coming of age for this series. I fell hard for the author in book one and watched each character get their very own HEA. I always love when the offspring grow up and take on the starring role of the stories.
Wendy
When I found out that Axelle and Killian were getting a book, I did a little happy dance ;)

photo 5627d49df519a855304288297d59bffdbb67e2fa_m_zpss0hn70qt.gif

(it wasn't pretty)

So ...like I said, this book is about Axelle and Killian, who we've come to know in Blake's book (2). I have loved those two kids ever since, so I was very curious to see what happens to them.

Four years have past since that fatefull valentines day. The day Killian was supposed to pick up Axelle for a date, but everything ended in a disaster....

For four years Killian has been head over
Mallory
2 stars

This was a hard one for me. I usually love JB Salsbury books. She's a go to that I know might be angsty but will be worth it. However this was not the case with Fighting Fate.

Axelle and Killian should have been the best couple. I remember them from books before and just knew they were going to have an awesome book. But for the first half or so I was frustrated with Axelle because she made poor decisions. Killian was always there for her to the detriment of her and his own emotional well
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Damn. Crap. Shit. This book tore me up. I fell in love with this series, been living it for the last two weeks. Honestly I'm struggling with how to write this review.

I was so excited for Killian & Axelles story, then came the reviews, I became nervous as hell to read this one. Scared it would ruin it, shatter my high of the UFL men..... It did but it didn't. Disappointed, yes. Disgusted, yes. Understandable, yeah I see why.

The love what Kill & Ax share, the love they created, the
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
I can't believe I am rating a JBS book so low but Fighting Fate just pissed me off. I was so excited to start it because we have been waiting a loooong time for Axelle and Killian to get their story. For me Fighting Fate also epitomised what I dislike about the New Adult genre.

The first 30% is completely boring where nothing happens other than Killian pining for Axelle who has dated lots of guys all the while pining for Killian. It was a snore fest that could have been resolved at any stage by a
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Paige's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This isn't the hearts and flowers romance that I wanted for this couple but it's their story which fit them. Killian and Elle took the long hard road to find their happily ever after.

Killian was a real sweetie but I felt that Elle toyed with his emotions and feelings. I also thought he was a bit of a doormat and lacked the Alpha tendencies of his predecessors that this series is known for.

Axelle was still struggling with her mother's rape
Shannon Moore
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
Honestly? I'll have to review this after I've had some time to digest. I've been mad, disgusted, confused and just downright unhappy with most of this. I hated the heroine for half the book while loving the hero, then flipped and despised him and tolerated her. There was a brief moment in the middle where I was okay with them both but don't worry, that quickly went to hell.

I need some time to gather my thoughts or else this will turn into a three day rant. I had such high hopes for this book.
Chris-Wait-For-It-Awesome
Somehow I just couldn't connect with Axelle. Which is sad really, because I've been waiting for their epic love story since Blake's book...
Axelle was too much of a victim and SERIOUSLY needed time alone with herself. Sadly, she hurt my lovey dovey Killian... who was such a hot nerd guy who suffered a lot.
And to tell you the truth... I hated how loose she was. DON'T get me wrong, I love heroines who are dynamic enough to get their men. And I really have connected with broken heroines who use sex
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 fighting stars!!

Ill fight for us, but Ill need you to fight too.

JB Salsbury has written a classic friends-to-lovers story, with two characters that I loved from her previous books. Killian and Axelle have been best friends since childhood, but Kill is not your typical bad-boy MMA fighter. Hes a nerd in high school, and worships Axelle from afar. He thinks she could never be interested in someone like him, a geek who wears glasses, quiet and nerdy. Axelle, who has bad terrible choices in men,
Judy
This was a great read!
There was a certain point where I was trudging along, enjoying the story but about to update my status and call it a night.
I happened to see a couple of reviews that said they cried like crazy!
I thought... WTF?
Why am I not feeling it like them?
Why am I not crying??
I don't get it.

Well, Judy...
because you hadn't turned the page yet!
OMG, did I cry!
I may have cried the last half of the book!

Killian and Axelle!
I've been waiting for their story and I was so not
AJ
4 angsty, emotional stars

The long-anticipated book for Killian and Axelle! We knew it was coming, the anticipation has been building, and the scene has been set for an epic friends-to-lovers story, and whoa, this one was a rollercoaster! A messy, angsty and dramatic NA romance with more than one surprise, this one was actually hard to read at some points, but I couldnt help but love the intensity of the love story and the long-awaited and much-deserved HEA for these two characters.

Introduced as
EliseSReads
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Post- Release Review

2 DISAPPOINTING STARS

*SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

Well.. so much for wishful thinking, in my pre-release review (at the bottom) as you can see I was ecstatic and so happy for the fifth book to the 'Fighting' series but unfortunately the book had an abundance of what I asked and prayed for to not be there, the dreadful- 'other w/m drama'. I thought J.B. Salsbury was a safe author after 5 almost safe books (almost bc the small other-w drama in book-3 which I forgave bc the
Lisa
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: may, 2016
I just can't.......Axelle is just..........OY........so disappointed.

photo tumblr_ley3bvnxuZ1qa5akf_zps3edb3f5c.gif

(view spoiler)
Tamicka
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Okay. Wow. First let me say that I was in love with this series until book #5. I have justified reasons why I do not like these last two books, this one more so than the other. Now this is not to say that if you love this book and disagree with me that I think your wrong. You can absolutely love this book and I will not judge one bit. these are personal reasons for not enjoying the book. Also this review may contain spoilers.
This book started with a prologue that takes us to the past back on
Betül
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
**Received ARC in exchange for an honest review**

description

"I can't lose him to someone else. But I can't allow him to pass up on a chance at happiness with someone else either."

The Fighting series is one of my favorites. The author continues doing a great job with each book she releases. I don't even have to read the blurb to know I will love it. We already met both characters in the previous books. I was very excited when I when I found out that they would get their own book. I just love reading about
Red Cheeks Reads
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OK, JB Salsbury! I am calling you out! BIG TIME! You have been keeping a secret from all of us. And that secret is your ability to write the absolute heck out of some seriously angsty and sexy New Adult! This book is right up there with my favorites in this series and I absolutely loved it!

Oh, I know you guys have been waiting on Axelle and Killian's story. I mean we met them back in Blake's book in this series and we watched them grow and fell in love with them as kids. And now they are all
Shanda
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this for the most part and I have wanted Killian and Axelles story since they met as teens. I struggled with Axelle. I understood her daddy issues but she was so self-destructive and she had such good people surrounding her that I wanted to strangle her. Killian was so wonderful. I loved that we got a male virgin and he saved himself for his true love. At time though I wasnt sure she deserved him.

I didnt like the time flow of this one. I hated that these two clearly were in
HMS
Oh J.B. how I love thee! Killian and Axle's book was just lovely. All the love, angst, drama and incredible story expected from such a talented writer. In my humble opinion, nothing is over the top, no eyeball rolling necessary, just a wonderful story without the saccharine sweetness found in other books of this genre. I was sad to read that the next book will be the last in this series but I also love that she won't write this series into the ground.
If you appreciate MMA fighters who fight
Sheryl C. Nash
LOVED IT!!!!!

EXCEPT for that *one thing* that Killian did.... *GRRRRR*
Rebecca
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
"No one dictates your future but you."

This statement is a great piece of advice for anyone who has struggled with a scarring past, but it's exactly those wounds that make it difficult to not feel the pain and grief that was caused by people who refused to step up for you and left you questioning everything about yourself, which is exactly what leads Axelle down a destructive path desperately needing to be loved and taken care of and choosing the wrong people and bad situations to accomplish her
Miranda Elaine
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
'Ever Since Axelle came into my life back in high school, I knew she'd own me.'

Ya'll!!! This book. OMG really I mean OMG. I could not tear my eyes from the page. Fighting Fate has the action and utterly sexy alphaness you except with a fighting book but add to that the intense emotional angst that comes with a New Adult Book. This was a perfect book for me.

'If anyone on this earth deserves happiness, deserves to live a life of love and success, it's Killian McCreery.'

Axelle and Killian's
**Nicole
My favorite in the whole series!!!
I loved how both characters grew up and yet still remained loyal to one another. They both changed, but needed to, especially Axelle. She needed to get her shit together and get over the "poor me" syndrome she was relying on.
Killian changed too, but he needed to focus on himself. He became a douche for a year cutting all ties, but at the same time he needed to be selfish for once in his life. Between all the drama and all the ups and downs of life they both
Ava Sinclair
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am going to do a full review when this book comes out tomorrow.

Quickly I just want to say that I absolutely loved this book. The feels... the feels. I absolutely love Killian and Axelle and when things happened, I literally felt a large pang in my heart.

Thanks,
Ava Sinclair
Kimberley C.
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
A solid 3.5 stars for this story. I would have rated it higher but there were a few plot holes I had trouble getting past. I liked Kilian a lot and Axelle grew on me.
This is the first book Ive read in the series, and usually I hate coming into a series in the middle, but I didnt feel like I needed to know the other stories to get into this one.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Worth Forgiving (MMA Fighter, #3)
  • Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter, #2)
  • Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter, #1)
  • Too Consumed (Consumed, #2)
  • Fast Forward
  • Uncover Me (Men of Inked, #4)
  • Jaxon (Kings of Denver #2)
  • Player: A Best Friends to Lovers College Hockey Romance
  • The Shark and I
  • Forever Consumed (Consumed, #3)
  • Consumed (Consumed, #1)
  • Resist Me (Men of Inked, #3)
  • When I'm With You (Hope Town, #3)
  • Full Contact (Redemption, #3)
  • Unexpected Fate (Hope Town, #1)
  • Bleeding Love (Hope Town, #2)
  • Drunk on You (Hope Town, #4)
  • Fool Me Once
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer

Fighting (8 books)
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • Fighting to Forget (Fighting, #3)
  • Fighting the Fall (Fighting, #4)
  • Fighting for Forever (Fighting, #5)
  • The Final Fight (Fighting, #7)
  • Uncaged: A Fighting for Flight Short Story

News & Interviews

Well, here we all are, sheltering in place, buying canned beans, and generally trying to figure out how to stay inside and keep our minds busy....
“Axelle loves me.
The words strike my chest and knock the air from my lungs. I drop my forehead to her neck and she holds me to her, comforting me as if she’s aware of the power of her confession. I whisper words of gratitude against her skin, silent praises to God…
She loves me.”