Start by marking “Summer at Rose Island (White Cliff Bay, #3)” as Want to Read:
Summer at Rose Island (White Cliff Bay, #3)

Summer at Rose Island

(White Cliff Bay #3)

Fall in love with the gorgeous seaside town of White Cliff Bay this summer and enjoy long sunny days, beautiful beaches and… a little romance.

Darcy Davenport is ready for a fresh start. Determined to leave a string of disastrous jobs and relationships behind her, she can’t wait to explore White Cliff Bay and meet the locals.

When Darcy swims in the crystal clear waters of
Published May 13th 2016 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Summer at Rose Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer at Rose Island

Start your review of Summer at Rose Island (White Cliff Bay, #3)
Irena BookDustMagic
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holly Marin is one of those authors I heard a lot about, but haven’t read anything by her. I decided it was about time to finally give her a try so, when I got an opportunity to be a part of her blog tour, I was pretty happy to say the least.

I had a feeling I would enjoy Summer at Rose Island and you know what? I wasn’t wrong at all. I loved this novel.

The story follows Darcy who leaves her life in London behind and moves to Summer Rose Island.
There, she meets number of nice people and makes som
Nicola
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Having recently discovered Holly Martin, I was looking forward to diving into another of her series and Summer at Rose Island was the ideal read to settle into the recent hotter-than-Hawaii-UK-heatwave with. I haven't read the first two books in the White Cliff Bay series, but that wasn't a problem and with quirky characters in a beautiful setting it was an enjoyable trip.

"Being with you is going to get me in a whole heap load of trouble, isn’t it?"

Centralising around saving the islands lig
Claire Robinson
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "Don't let anyone tell you your dreams aren't good enough..." Stars!

The third book in Holly Martin’s White Cliff Bay series, takes us to Rose Island and the grumpy American guy living in the old lighthouse on it, and I have to say, I think Riley Eddison may be my most favorite Holly Martin Hero thus far!

Add in that his love interest Darcy Davenport is the perfect level of clumsy and quirky and this was a pair whose story I pretty much devoured in one sitting.

Moving from London to White
Melissa Rose
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Set in the sleepy, seaside town of White Cliff Bay, Summer at Rose Island introduces readers to Darcy Davenport; who has moved from London to escape her suffocating parents. No sooner has she arrived, she has a seemingly abrupt meeting with the mysterious American, Riley Eddison, who lives in the local lighthouse; which, is revealed to be marked for demolition.With her position in community development, can Darcy assist in uniting the citizens of Rose Island to help save the lighthouse? Or will ...more
Liina
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Darcy has just moved to White Cliff Bay to get away from her parents, who are not thrilled with the decisions she makes, especially when it comes to work. They always make her feel like what she does is never enough or right. She has liked White Cliff Bay, since she visited it in her childhood and moving there to have a new start sounds wonderful. Darcy has always loved sea and as she is enjoying her swim she happens to meet the lighthouse keeper Riley, who is a reclusive American, who doesn't s ...more
Elaine
May 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Whilst I quite enjoyed this read, I found I didn’t like it as much as I normally enjoy a Holly Martin read. We are back in White Cliff Bay to get to know two more members of the community. Darcy has just moved to town into Libby’s old flat to start a new job with the local council, despite being a qualified marine biologist. Riley is living in a converted lighthouse that has been in his family for generations, but now his home is at risk. It is a pleasant read, cosily predictable. We know what t ...more
Elaine
This is another of those stories where my advice is don't read what I've written, just get yourself a copy of this delightful novel! It is the third novel set in White Cliff Bay - the earlier two are Christmas at Lilac Cottage and Snowflakes on Silver Cove - and I have loved escaping into all three of them. In this story, Darcy Davenport has returned to live in the seaside resort she used to visit as a child. She has happy memories of visiting and staying with her Aunt, an artist and the person ...more
Kim
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, 2016, kindle
I adored this book. Set by the sea , I could hear the crashing waves as I read and picture the lighthouse shining around Whitecliff Bay on warm summer evenings. This would be the perfect book to read on the beach so make sure to pack it in your holiday bag.

The characters were wonderful and some of those featuring in previous books were mentioned making you feel like you’d returned to close friends. This book can be read as a standalone- but you’d be missing a real treat if you didn’t buy the oth
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

I think I start every book review of books by this publisher with the same words...charming, feel-good, delightful.

Maybe I like British authors...wouldn't be the first time that has occurred to me, and there is a truth there. But what I actually like are well-written, enjoyable, happy books. Those books that you don;t want to see end, and those that you are pretty sure you will read again.

I loved Darcy and Riley. I liked their story. I liked that
ItaPixie
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 4-stars

I was so glad to come back to White Cliff Bay,I love the lively atmosphere of this series and it is always a pleasure to read Holly Martin words.

Summer At Rose Island will make you smile and occasionally shade some tears but at the end you'll feel all warm inside.

I've enjoyed Darcy and Riley's journey full of adventures,sexy times,mermaids and sharks.

Bree T
May 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Where I live, we are about to plunge headfirst into winter and the last couple of days have given us a taste of it already. We had two days averaging around 13C with non-stop rain. So despite the fact that summer is a long way off, I don’t mind the slew of northern hemisphere summer flavoured novels that pour out of publishers around this time. It’s a nice way to escape the bleak weather and dream of the warmer months.

I really liked the setting in this book – White Cliff Bay sounds like a really
Jane Yates
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Review of audio book, Summer at Rose Island: A Perfect Feel-Good Summer Romance: White Cliff Bay, Book 3
Written by: Holly Martin
Narrated by: Emma Newman

Straight away I should tell you that you do not need to read/listen to book one or two to enjoy this charming and heart-warming story.
It starts of in a quaint sea side village with picturesque view‘s that are dominated by an interesting old light house, which our main character Darcy Davenport is inexplicably drawn to.

Darcy a fiery red head woman
Karen Mace
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2017, ebook
I loved Book 1 of the series. I loved Book 2 of the series.. ..... and guess what!! I ADORE book 3 of the White Cliff Bay series! Loved, Loved, Loved it!!

Holly Martin has such a fabulous way of writing that I was hooked from the first couple of pages! She fills her books with characters that you immediately warm to, settings that you want to move to and sprinkles the right amount of humour amongst it all and creates another wonderful reading experience!!

This is the story of Darcy who feels like
Shalini
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. There are no two ways about it. It is fun, it is sweet and it is...oh so romantic. I loved Darcy and Riley. A marine biologist and a lighthouse keeper. Both make a cute pair.
This was my first book by Holly Martin and definitely not my last time. Her main characters are both strong and lovable. Darcy is more easy going and makes friends easily. Riley is a bit of a loner but that makes him damn sexy too.
Holly has written this book with a sweet hand and the banter between Darcy
Elizabeth
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I had so much fun reading this book! It literally put me in my happy place! It is the perfect beach/summer read.

Take one British gal, one American man, add a lighthouse and a town full of quirky characters and you have an amazing book! Holly Martin is one of my new favorite authors. This book is part of a series but having read the first two, I can say that you don't need to read them in order.

I am not a reviewer who will recreate the plot. However, I can assure you that there is laughter, tea
Shalini
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holly has written this book with a sweet hand and the banter between Darcy
Cherry London
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an interesting and heartfelt story, this has been a most beautiful and memorable tale. We have Riley a quiet guy who likes his peace and quiet to meditate on his songwriting, a bit of an introvert I would say but so am I, and we have Darcy a rather bright young lady with a low self-esteem which was derailed by her parents, both had disappointments in the love field now it seems true love had found them when they least expected it. Their way was a rough one, filled with bulletins of undercur ...more
Jezabell Girl
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series but it's especially good to listen to.

I actually nearly cried for a lighthouse in this story!

Highly recommended for anyone wanting a softer, sweeter romance story with a little bit of drama, a large dose of hope and a good old happy ever after!

description

We are proud to provide honest and unbiased reviews written from the heart.

Email: jezabellgirlandfriends@gmail.com
Web: http://jezabellgirlandfriends.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/jezabellgirlandfr...
Twitter: http://twitter.
Hannah Symonds
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The paperback cover of this book is absolutely stunning and so summery. It makes you want to escape and go on holiday somewhere warm. I have read one of Holly's books before and after reading this one I will be reading more. This is a perfect read as it made me laugh, there were some interesting facts about sharks and the ending was so beautiful it made me have a tear in my eye. I really felt as though I connected with Holly and Riley reminded me a bit of my own husband. I loved when Darcy was m ...more
ضحى الحداد
And with this book I finished the White Cliff Bay series, I liked the overall atmosphere of these books, in this book we are experiencing summer in White Cliff and the towns efforts to save the lighthouse from demolishing.. that was the best part, also Libby and George bless their souls were AMAZING :D
Darcy and Riley were nice but not my favorite couple .. they have some chemistry but I thought most of their dialogues were stiff .. but I liked the scene where Riley stands up for her in front of
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Starting a new Holly Martin book is always a bit like getting a huge hug from your best friend, after you haven't seen them for a while. It's comforting, and will always bring a smile to your lips, and you will sink into those arms, or pages of a book, and just know you are home. And that was my instant reaction to the first few pages of Summer at Rose Island.

I should probably touch on something quite important to start with , that yes this is book 3, set in the lovely White Cliff Bay, but all
Leah
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
You guys, Holly Martin is one of the best romance writes you will ever meet. I have just finished her brand new novel Summer At Rose Island and it is just the cutest book I've ever read. I'm still swooning over here, and I'm making plans to move to White Cliff Bay and INHABIT A LIFEHOUSE. Because AWESOME. Living in a lighthouse is now my life mission, thank you Holly! This book literally gave me all the feels, and I just enjoyed it so, so much!

What I like with Holly Martin's books is that you ra
Aven Ellis
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holly Martin has done it again with Summer at Rose Island, the latest installment in her White Cliff Bay Series. And by done it again, I mean she has delivered a delicious romance that had me laughing, swooning, and cheering for the couple to be together and get their happily ever after.

In Summer at Rose Island we meet Darcy Davenport, a vibrant woman with a love for the sea who relocated to White Cliff Bay for a new job. She's engaging, funny, and a character I immediately connected with right
Sky
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been dying to get my hands on the latest Holly Martin book and would like to say a huge thankyou to Bookouture and Netgalley, for giving me the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest review which I am more then happy to give!

Summer at Rose Island was perfect. From the cover of the book, to the characters and the story that unfolds.

I am in love with the two main Characters of this book Darcy and Riley and the relationship that unfolds between them. I just couldn't get enough.
Ho
Steffi
Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I already loved the little town of White Cliff Bay in one of the Christmas books and I came to love it during the summer as well. Holly Martin created such a little wonderful world which makes me want to live in it. The town has such a cosy atmosphere and so many wonderful people.

I enjoyed the story about saving the lighthouse a lot. The story and the setting was very special and I felt very at home here.

The chara
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, netgalley
This is the 3rd book in the White Cliff Bay trilogy, but you do not have to have read the first two to enjoy this one. I haven't read them but will go back and read them now. In this story, Darcy Davenport has returned to live in the seaside resort town she used to visit as a child. She loved visiting her aunt, who was an artist, and was happiest in the water. Darcy's parents are overbearing, stifling, dream killing and extremely critical of everything she does, whereas her aunt was the complete ...more
Mary
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holly-martin
I absolutely loved this book. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down.
Darcy Davenport moves to White Cliff Bay, a place she has loved since she was a child, to start a new life and a new job which she basically knows nothing about. Not only does she have a new job but she met the handsome Riley Eddison. Their relationship starts off as rocky, gets better and gets rocky again.
There are also a few twists and turns regarding the Lighthouse which happens to be Riley's family home.
Holly Mart
Desiree
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
*Thank you to the publisher, Bookouture, and NetGalley for the copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.

I didn’t enjoy it as much as I hope I would. I struggled to get into the story even though I love the setting, Rose Island sounds like a wonderful place. I also didn’t buy the fast development of the romance between Darcy and Riley. I wasn’t swept away by their romance, not until the last part, that is. I feel like it was forced and wasn’t given enough time to blossom into somethin
Dixie
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading Darcy and Riley's story was like taking a summer vacation to the lovely seaside town of White Cliff Bay. I loved how the friendly people of the community were all mixed up in each others' lives. The author writes in a descriptive way that made it easy for me to imagine the people and places. She gave just enough foreshadowing that I suspected someone was bound to be less than thrilled with Darcy's involvement in the movement to save the lighthouse.
If you are looking for a fun and light
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Tied Up with Love
  • A Home On Bramble Hill
  • Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow
  • The Lake House (Love Heart Lane Series, Book 5)
  • Magic Under the Mistletoe
  • Finding Hope at Lighthouse Cove
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • Finding Love at the Christmas Market
  • Log Fires & Toffee Apple Cake at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #12)
  • Christmas at Lock Keeper's Cottage: The perfect uplifting festive read of love and hope for 2020
  • Poppy's Recipe for Life
  • The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane
  • Snowflakes Over Bay Tree Terrace (Willowbury #2)
  • Coming Home To Seashell Cottage
  • Spring Shoots on Sunflower Street (Sunflower Street #1)
  • Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #9)
  • The Little Village Bakery (Honeybourne, #1)
  • A Brambleberry Manor Christmas (The Little Duck Pond Cafe #14)
Holly lives in a little white cottage by the sea. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years’ service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university ...more

White Cliff Bay (3 books)
  • Christmas at Lilac Cottage (White Cliff Bay, #1)
  • Snowflakes on Silver Cove (White Cliff Bay, #2)

News & Interviews