Start by marking “Transfer (The Retrieval Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Transfer (The Retrieval Duet, #2)

Transfer (The Retrieval Duet #2)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  4,662 Ratings  ·  740 Reviews

My sole job in life became to protect our daughter.

I wasn’t sure I’d ever escape
Published September 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Transfer, please sign up.
Breeana No. The story gets wrapped up and there is an epilogue.
Alice Yes you do. Otherwise, you won't understand the background of the story and how all the characters are inner twined.

Christy
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo 3501AB40-05BE-4EC9-B849-682EE219101B_zps4hqkxydt.png

From the moment I finished Retrieval, I was dying to get my hands on this book. Transfer was everything I had hoped for. It was intense and suspenseful, emotional, sexy and had the perfect conclusion for all four of the characters involved in this duet.

Retrieval was Roman and Elisabeth’s story primarily. Although they are in Transfer, I wouldn’t say this is their story. This is the story of the other couple. I loved that we got four povs. It was wonderful getting to see what was going
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦

description

Wow…what a roller coaster ride this second installment turned out to be! 'Transfer' is the great conclusion to the Retrieval Duet and was fantastically written, griping, emotional filled with suspense, steam and action. Like the first book, I simply devoured this one! Since this installment picks up right where the first one ended, it must be read after that one. If 'Retrieval', the first book in the series, focused on Elisabeth and Roman’s story, this second book focuses more on Claire and Heat
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

She was beautiful; no one could deny that. But she had this glimmer in her defeated eyes that spoke to my soul in ways others could never understand.

photo e5c91e627a3eb36e17974918020ac83b_zpsjgeka6a4.jpg

I am totally and completely BLOWN AWAY by The Retrieval Duet series!! How can you go wrong with a series that has TWO incredibly sexy and alpha male heroes, and two kickass heroines??!! I fell so completely head over heels in love with Roman during the first book that I didn’t think my heart
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing

My sole job in life became to protect our daughter.

I wasn’t sure I’d ever escape the prison he’d skillfully crafted from my fears.
Until the day our savior arrived.

This is the story of how I escaped the m
Elizabeth
~5 CRAZIES ~COULD NOT GET ENOUGH STARS~
"Lean on me, babe. You don't have to brave right now."
description

Transfer is an absolutely stunning conclusion to the Retrieval Duet. To enjoy this read, you must read the first book in the duo Retrieval. The rich writing and complex characters in this series enveloped me from the first word on the first page, and I simply could not get enough. This unforgettable duet is an absolute must read!

"Sometimes, when I dreamed, I'd travel back in time to the days when I'd
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

OMFG WOW! Aly Martinez, woman what have you done? You almost gave me a heart attack!!! This series completely blew my mind. I freaking loved this duet so much… <3

I highly recommend this duet and also Aly’s other books too. :)

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Easily my favorite book Aly Martinez has ever written. Period.

Review to come...
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

*****5 Stars*****

“I don’t believe in wishes, but somehow, I’ve found myself in a situation where a silly wish is all I have left. If I’m lucky enough to catch 11:11 again tomorrow, it means we’ve survived another day.”

description

Wow, wow and WoW! While I absolutely loved “Retrieval” (The Retrieval Duet #1), it had absolutely nothing on “Transfer” (The Retrieval Duet #2.) I didn’t think I could possibly love this book even more than the first one, but here I am and….it was better than the first one. I am
Lisa Jayne
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
FOUR LOVE AND PAIN STARS.

"I was going to find a way to make her safe."

description

Aly Martinez is one of those authors that I'm always curious about where she gets her inspiration for story telling. Her words are always so full of depth and meaning I have trouble believing that they don't hold some truth or personal background. The first book in this two part series quite frankly blew me away and as a consequence of that, I was obviously more than eager to continue with book two. 'Transfer' was fantastica
warhawke
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Suspense lover
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Book 2 of 2 from The Retrieval Duet
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Clare Noir's life was put in spin cycle due to a revelation that could changed everything. It was time for her to start fighting back, especially that she had good people alongside her. But after uprooting her former life, things didn't go as easy as planned when a monster from the past refused to let her go.

Transfer started right where book 1 left off with all characters having to go through ma
*TANYA*
I liked this one better than The Retrieval. Heath was ever so sweet!! And all the different POV's, was cool too.
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a bummer for me. The pacing was completely off, and I even got to the point that I was tempted to skim. It was sooooo slow at the beginning that it almost lost me and went in my dnf pile. I am happy, however, that I did finish it out because they all get such sweet HEAs. If you know my reviews you know that I am not a huge fan of suspenseful romances, and the main reason for that is that there often isn't a good balance between romance and suspense IMO. This did
Beverly
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-favorites
From the moment I finished Retrieval I wanted this book and once I received it I dropped everything I was doing to start it. I then proceeded to read it in one sitting, falling even more in love with these characters.

In Retrieval we learned about Roman and Elisabeth. We learned how they lost themselves in the struggle to start a family, but eventually found each other again through learning more about their fertility process. I loved Roman and Elisabeth, but for the most part their story is tol
Wil Loves Books!
I’m blown away by this duet, blown away. Both books are absolutely in my top books of 2016. If you read my review of Retrieval , you know I devoured it. Well, it wasn’t any different with Transfer. Not only was I desperate to get my hands on it, once I got it, everything around me stopped and I just read and read. That’s how awesome this was.

Now, this review must be spoiler free for various reasons. One, I don’t want to spoil a single thing from Retrieval. Two, it’s so much better if you go in b
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••

photo 2958FD73-BB14-40FA-A821-44FDF6E3800F_zps7ir6rn66.jpg

Wow, this duet was beautifully done. The author continues telling us the dramatic heart breaking story of two couples in this gripping story, focusing more on Clare’s story in this book. My heart literally broke for both couples. I literally can not imagine the pain a couple would go through dealing with ALL the events this story has, and survives in the end to live on smiling.

Such a touching story that left me in tears on a few different occasions, cringing moments in other situations, and bi
Olga therebelreader
The author continues telling us the dramatic heart breaking story of the two couples in this gripping romance, focusing more on Clare’s story. This book definitely satisfied my love of an emotionally angst read!

It was a touching story that left me in tears on a few occasions, which is rare. It wasn't anything I'd read recently or even ever. There are highs and lows as the two heroes and two heroines work their way through the pain and distrust that surround them. The author takes you on a rolle
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

TITLE: Transfer
SERIES: (The Retrieval Duet, #2)
AUTHOR: Aly Martinez
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS:
RELEASE DATE: 27th September, 2016

MY RATING: 4 STARS

BUDDY READ WITH Sonya-❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TRANSFER: After 'Retrieval Book#1' left us hanging over that cliffy you'll be glad to know that this kicks starts off right where the previous book left off, spoken in 'Heaths' own words.

This is the story of how Claire escaped from the man who thought he owned her.

The rescue of Claire a
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4.5 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"There is nothing in this world that I will not do to protect you two. And, if you think for one second that I can't do it, you are highly underestimating the depths of my selfishness when it comes to you and your girl."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I can't tell you how much I needed this book after the way in which Retrieval ended. I just couldn't wait to dive right into this one.

Transfer begins exa
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★★4 "What do you need Stars★★★★

photo rfJO72E_zps5or7gerf.png

After that ending in "Retrieval" I NEEDED to read "Transfer" ASAP. The secrets and drama damn near drove me mad and I was itching to find out what was going to happen between Heath and Clare. Well I found out and you know what the best part was? We also got to see Roman and Elisabeth again. How did everyone's story end?

Finding out who Luke really was, to say that Clare was shock is an inderstatememt. How can this be the same person that she's spent months with
Lo Bookfrantic
FULL REVIEW TO POST ON TOUR DATE

4.5 11:11 Stars

BR with my shhluts Liz & War, I'm the one on the right with the cool hat LOL

~~~~~BLURB~~~~~

I wasn’t sur
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3 stars

This duet kind of describes how I feel about Aly Martinez books in general. Sometimes I'll read something by her and LOVE IT, and other times I'll read it and enjoy, but it doesn't wow me. Retrieval is easily among one of the best books I've read this year, and Transfer I enjoyed the first 50% of the book and then it went downhill a bit for me.

I still think this is an outstanding duet, but I loved the first book more. The second half of this book became predictable and a bit cliche, I f
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Review to come <33

I need it omg I can't wait the first book was fantastic !!!
<33

Bindi Boo
5 stars

This is a must read. The story continues with Clare and her fight for survival. A story filled with hope, sweetness and heart despite the dark setting. I was at the edge of my seat, expecting Walter Noir to pop up at any time to take back what was his. Low on angst, more on drama this book was an easy read. The hero(who i shall not name at this point) was PERFECT. Just someone Clare needed and was lucky enough to have by her side. SUPER SWEET, SUPER POSSESSIVE and SUPER HOT.
And that epilo
Paige
4 "Two Stories" Stars

A wonderful conclusion to a unique, emotional and sexy story.

Transfer picks up where Retrieval left off. We're given more depth into the second story all the while the first is intricately intertwined. This conclusion was fast paced and had some of Ms. Martinez' most Alpha men yet. With a bit of suspense, lots of steam and loads of emotions, this duet will stay with me for a long time.

ARC provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books for honest review.
S.M. West
4.5 STARS

Aly's Duet is truly an unique story in both the way in which it is told and the story itself. It has passionate sexy elements, as well as deep emotion and suspense. This was a great ending to this riveting and deeply emotional story.

Picking up right where book one left off, the story unfolds as we're given more of Heath and Clare. This was a fast read with intriguing and likable characters. I must say, I also thoroughly enjoyed the troop of alphas at the Leblancs.

I highly recommend Al
JewelsyGoolsy
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
4.5 -goes on my favourite duet shelf- Stars

I don't know which book or couple I liked better. Probably book #1 cos Roman was so devoted and driven. But the H in this book was high up there too. No, I'll go with Roman... but... ah who cares! I'm happy I got em both *le sigh*
description

Not gonna post a synopsis or my thoughts for that matter cos; what can I say when all other reviews of this series speaks louder and more eloquently than I can? I say; READ SERIES VERY GOOD (cos I'm all verbal grammar articulat
TF
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 painful stars.

This was a difficult review to write because I really liked Retrieval. This one, not so much. I couldn’t seem to warm up to Heath and Claire. The chemistry between them and their story lacked the intensity and spark of Retrieval.

I wanted more of Roman and Elisabeth and their story. I felt they got the short end of the stick when it came to Tessa. There really was no discussion between the couples on how they should address the situation. Roman and Elisabeth just stepped aside w
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
LOVED. THIS. BOOK!

photo FBA46BF3-D9B3-4999-AB88-324278A47B6D_zpsvzvxgmit.gif

Completely vague because I'm not gonna begin to spoil this plot review coming your way...

In the Retreival/Transfer duet, Aly Martinez gifts her readers with not one love story, but two. With not just two love stories but also a suspenseful plot weaving these two couples together. And what to we come up with in the end? A family. A bond within struggle, violence, and eventually love.

This plot isn't always sugary sweet. It feeds off of some of the ugly in this world...domestic
XxTainaxX
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional ride! This is Clare's story and the conclusion of this powerful duet. We reunite with Roman and Elisabeth as they too find their way to happily ever after. I was captivated by this collection. The depth and complexity of the characters was amazing. I found the cast to be unique and interesting. Each add value to the plot while ensuring our commitment and investment in them. Clare's love interest absolutely won me over. Hook. Line. Sinker. His patience, love, and devotion is wha ...more
Michelle
This is just so AMAZING I luvd every part

I was dyin for this book after the way the last book ended I need to start straight away with no break an once I started I couldn't stop the story carried on from where the last booked ended thank god I couldn't believe that it stopped where it did I needed to know what was goin to happen Clare's life was so al over the place but with Heath there to help her through some totally devastating time she could try an get through it but with Walter gone in hi
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

More about Aly Martinez

The Retrieval Duet (2 books)
  • Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet, #1)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“What do you need, Clare?”…
“You.”
“Then take it.”
3 likes
“Her smile was one of the world’s best-kept secrets, because if any man experienced on, they would wage wars to hold on to it. It was life changing.” 2 likes