Start by marking “Wolf Unleashed (SWAT, #5)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Unleashed (SWAT, #5)

Wolf Unleashed

(SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team #5)

Wolf shifter Alex Trevino has fallen hard for veterinarian Lacey Barton. Getting her to agree to a date is a lot of work—and winning her heart proves even harder.

Lacey can’t deny her crazy attraction to Alex, but she has no intention of letting herself fall for him. In her less than stellar experience, men don’t stick around.

When Lacey’s sister is kidnapped, it’s up to Ale
Mass Market Paperback, 341 pages
Published December 6th 2016 by Sourcebook Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Unleashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Unleashed

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: werewolves
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

There were a lot of cutesy elements to this story that brought out the lovable characteristics of both protagonists, and I’m a dog person, so the fact that Alex & Lacey are too definitely earned them brownie points with this reader. Warm and fuzzies aside, I had hoped for more from the 5th installment in Paige Tyler’s SWAT series. These books have officially reached the rinse/repeat stage offering very little in the way of new material.

I’ve had issues with this autho
Hollis
It would really be so much easier if, instead of just being annoyed or reluctantly entertained or only a little (okay, a lot) eyeroll-y, I could just hate these books.

The worst part is the repetition; the almost word-for-word regurgitation of facts and scenes (seriously, why does every book end with a cook-out as the boys play volleyball and the newly-secure-in-her-love heroine gets to marvel at how handsome they all are, even if she really only has eyes for "her" man; lady, if that were true,
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2hkciE1

Ooo alpha werewolf with a soft spot for animals? Yes, please! Wolf Unleashed was an action packed adventure with a nice side of romance, one seriously lickable hero, and a whole crew backing him up.

I'm going to talk about the suspense side first. This one will not be for everyone. It's a hard topic of dog fighting and has some very ugly moments. The heroine is a vet and often deals with the aftermath and trying to help t
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Although technically a stand-alone book, these stories work best if read in sequence as characters from prior books show up and it's an easier read if you are already familiar with their story.

The SWAT team is a good group of characters for this series with strong alpha werewolves. But the down side is that the series is starting to get a repetitive feel. I'm not giving up on the series, but I'm hoping the next book has a fresher feel than this one did. This book did drop hints of werewolf hunte
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

In book five of the SWAT series by Paige Tyler, readers finally get Alex Trevino’s story. If you’re an animal lover, I have a feeling you’re going to like this one because there are plenty of sweet moments between some animals and Alex and Lacey.

Lacey is a vet who becomes instantly attracted to Alex when they first meet. Problem is, when he asks her out, she turns him down, explaining that she’s very busy. But when Lacey’s sister is kidnapped, she regrets turning the wolf shifter away because
Ronda
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Amazing!!!!

Wolf Unleashed started with a powerful prologue, one that had me gasping and the storyline for the entire book was utterly fabulous!

Ms Tyler has created, not 1, but 2 fantastic series, SWAT & X-Ops and they are well worth every page that has been written. SWAT, for me, is the best series, I love each and every single book, this one is no exception, Wolf Unleashed is just as jaw dropping and gripping as it predecessors, if not even more so and I loved Alex and Lacey's
Dísir
What seems like surface attraction really isn’t, it seems. Alex Trevino can’t get his eyes off Lacey Barton for reasons he can’t explain and wouldn’t stop until she agrees to a date with him. There are several peripheral issues that seem unrelated however, until Lacey finds herself involved in a sprawling, complicated case of drugs, kidnapping and abused dogs that calls SWAT into action.

‘Wolf Unleashed’ isn't a bad read—far from it, in fact— but I struggled with keeping my interest in it becaus
Lisa Annesley
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: swat, werewolves
Paige Tyler has done it again with a thoroughly enjoyable page-turner.

Alex Trevino is a member of SWAT, a paramedic, and a dog-lover. As soon as he meets the dog-loving new vet, Lacey Barton, he knows he has to go out with her. But she turns him down time and again. When he finally convinces her to go out with him, Alex is quite the romantic. :::sigh::: He's the kind of hero you fall in love with.

Lacey makes some poor choices in the book--okay, they're almost TSTL choices. But she's a likable
Shay
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wolf Unleashed is the next in the SWAT series and I really enjoyed it. It's got an originality about it that has pulled me in from the get go. DNA for a shifter is dormant until a traumatic experience brings the werewolf forward. Different and satisfying. Alex and Lacey have a good chemistry and enjoyed their banter. The story in the background pulled me in and this series just keeps getting better and better.
I can't wait for more!

Story 5
Sex 4
Overall 5

Reviewed by Shay from Mommys a Book Whore
Heather andrews
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alex thinks very highly of himself and his abilities, "Alex did look mildly disappointed when he realized she’d only brought three of them, however. “That might get us through the night— maybe,” he murmured softly." I really enjoyed this book, I loved Alex.
Barb Shuler
4.5*s

I have to say, I love his story. I also love me some, Lacey! Girlfriend is a serious bad mamajama when she needs to be. Alex is the right fit for her, too. Hot SWAT officer and the hot little veterinarian. It's so obvious, yet they had a hard time getting to that point. Silly people.

I loved the balance of craziness, and action. The SWAT team's involvement in an illegal dog fighting ring, sided with an illegal drug dealing scheme and kidnapping ring.... talk about mind blowing craziness.

Al
Cindy
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Animal lovers will have their hearts tugged in this latest book. There is a lot going on through out this book and a new threat to Beta and Omega wolfs is introduced.

I love how at the start of each of these books we are shown how the each of the SWAT team came to be noticed by Gage and asked to join the SWAT team. Alex Trevino had served in the military and then came back to be a cop in Rochester, NY where he walked into a grisly home invasion that would have taken his life is not for his speci
Cassandra
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!!

The cover is a work of art!

This is the 5th book in the series, but the first one I’ve read. I’m doing this backwards because I own all of the other books. I’m definitely going to go back and read these maybe during Christmas break. This book is for adults only due to the steamy scenes.

Lacey is a veterinarian who has trust issues with men. Alex is definitely an Alpha, but he has a swee
Renee Entress
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story flowed well and I was kept interested. The story has laughs, super-hot alpha wolfs, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Hungry Like the Wolf (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team #1)
Wolf Trouble (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team #2)
In the Company of Wolves (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team #3)
To Love a Wolf (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team #4)

This is Lacey and Alex’s story. When Alex meet Lac
All Things Urban Fantasy
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kim
Review Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy:

A Wolf Unleashed keeps the action high and the romance steamy for the duration of the book. With dog-fighting rings, a hot new drug that’s killing people at an alarming rate and a spat of college girls going missing, there’s a lot for the Dallas SWAT team to be involved with, even if their supervisors would rather they just break doors down on command. Too bad these shifters can smell trouble coming a mile away.

I love that these books start with what g
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
A wolf finds his "one" and she turns out to be a veterinarian, is this a match made in heaven? Alex Trevino is one of the werewolves on the SWAT team in Dallas. He watches as his brothers in arms one by one find their true mate. What seemed to be a fanciful myth is slowing turning into reality. Whilst Alex would like to find his "One", he also knows the chances of it are slim. Since he's not looking, of course he's the next one to fall.

Lacey is gun shy after her bad experiences with men. Swearin
Elizabeth H.
I absolutely love this series! Every time a SWAT book comes out, I devour it immediately! Paige Tyler writes her ass off in this exciting new story!

The book was fast-paced from start to finish. I loved Alex. He’s strong, patient and when he realized Lacey was The One for him, I loved watching him romance the reluctant veterinarian. Alex is totally swoon-worthy and he has this quiet calm about him that had me totally falling for the sexy wolf.

Remy was also very prominent in the story. This Cajun-
Julianna
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
A Wolf Unleashed is the fifth installment of SWAT series by Paige Tyler.

Alex Tervino has been attracted to Alex for a while now. He’s finally managed to secure a date with this woman when ‘shit hits the fan’. Not only is Lacey’s little sister is kidnapped, but has taken the case to finding who’s responsible regarding the illegal dogfights. The closer she gets the more dangerous the case is. Alex is the only one able to help her, but when his secret is out, he’ll have to convince Lacey that he
Book Him Danno
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I have read Paige Tyler. She has been on my list to head authors but because of the supernatural element I hadn't really put forth the effort to buy her books.
I really can't wait to read Paige Tyler books again. Her characters are so lovable and very cute. The author falls into the traditional Romantic Suspense\Supernatural Suspense with the female lead getting herself into trouble. I strongly dislike when the author creates a very intelligent character and she does someth
Jonel
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
What an amazing story! Tyler had me wrapped up in the emotions that she develops throughout the novel while also creating suspense that lights the pages on fire. The chemistry between the main characters sizzles, leaving you breathless. The characters were loveable and strong, while also having small vulnerabilities that draw you to them. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this tale and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.
Laurie Gyd
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner!

Terrific story of Alex(werewolf SWAT team member) meets Lacy-veterinarian when he takes one of the K9 digs to get a checkup. He knew she was the "One" as soon as he saw her and scented her. She volunteers with a unit of brave men and women dedicated to keeping animals safe. Terrific story
Mojca
Alex Trevino has his hands full. First, he has to convince the sexy vet that doesn't give him the time of day to go out with him. Then, when he finally accomplishes that and figures out she's his One, she gets it into her head, she's something else than a vet, trying to figure out who's running a dogfighting ring, and almost gets herself killed, forcing Alex to go half-wolf on her to keep her safe, she freaks and breaks it off, only to come back asking him to help her track her missing sister.

Al
Ami

SWAT Officer Alex Trevino is currently involved with the Dallas Police narcotics division to uncover a drug ring operation that sells a new type of drugs called ‘fireball’ that has killed people on the street. Meanwhile, Lacey Burton is a veterinarian – she is actually Alex’s dog’s vet – who is on a mission to discover who’s responsible for dogfights that send a lot of injured animals to her office.

Alex is attracted to the beautiful vet, although Lacey thinks that she is not ready for a
Kellie Donajkowski
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I am so tired of the same exact things and reactions happening in each book. Whenever the woman finds out she freaks out and is an asshole. Or they are mad that they weren't told sooner, like you've literally known him a week and he has to tell you his biggest secret? One he knows will be hard for you to believe?! Stupid. Also why are they always afraid to tell Gage whats going on? He is very understanding of "the one" and they just get themselves into deeper trouble by not telling him.

I really
Michelle Tempted By Books
Lacey upset me with her TSTL behavior. I am horrified of a werewolf who has never been anything but kind and sweet to me. BUT I am clearly unafraid of people with guns, dog fighting connections, and kidnappers. UGH! I would have enjoyed this more if Lacey hadn't been such a putz!
Jessica Robbins
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
Valquiria
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
The plot and Alex were amazing, but I hated Lacy
Hannah
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

I absolutely love this series. These guys are hot! But this book does need to come with a warning. If you love dogs, and get upset when bad things happen to dogs in books you might want to skip this one. It has some harsh moments with dog fighting rings and what happens to the dogs afterward. Other than that Fantastic book. This book just really hit the spot with my PNR/Action/Suspense reading needs.

Alex is one hot tamale, and when he falls he falls fast one look at the veterinarian w
Didi
I told myself over and over: don't have any expectation; just read and go with the flow. I guess since SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team is one of my favorable series so far, I slipped up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is a bad story. But I had issue with one of the main character, which lead to much fuming throughout reading.

Taking the spotlight in this book is Alex Trevino, former Marines and snipper/paramedic for the team. He might not be as noisy and nosy as Becker and Cooper, but read
Caroline
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, edelweiss, 2016
SWAT wolf shifter Alex Trevino doesn’t have a good sniffer, but he knows for sure that veterinarian Lacey Barton is his “one”. Alex will be absolutely convinced of that fact to if only he can persuade Lacey to go out on a date with him. However, once Alex secures that date, things go to hell in a handbasket pretty quickly and Lacey’s little sister is kidnapped. It will take the combined efforts of Alex and Lacey as well as the entire SWAT team to rescue her.

Verdict: So, this review is really far
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Viking Warrior Rebel (Viking Warriors #2)
  • His Untamed Desire (Moon Shifter, #3.5)
  • Undiscovered (Amoveo Rising #1)
  • Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply (Heart of the Wolf, #19)
  • Wickedly Powerful (Baba Yaga, #3)
  • New Moon (Moon #8)
  • Legal Wolf's Mate (Their Furever Mates #1)
  • Falling For His Mate (Crescent Moon, #6)
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
  • Operation Saving Daniel (Melville Sisters, #1)
  • Fearless Mating (A.L.F.A. #4)
  • The Chosen (Elder Races, #9.7)
  • Remembered By Moonlight (Moonlight, #9)
  • Sinful Surrender (Psychic Menage, #1)
  • Ante Up (Sin City Collectors, #3)
  • Snowbound at Christmas (Montana Men, #5.5)
Paige Tyler is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy, romantic suspense and paranormal romance. She and her very own military hero (also known as her husband) live on the beautiful Florida coast with their adorable fur baby (also known as their dog). Paige graduated with a degree in education, but decided to pursue her passion and write books about hunky alpha males and the kic ...more

SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Hungry Like the Wolf (SWAT, #1)
  • Wolf Trouble (SWAT, #2)
  • In the Company of Wolves (SWAT, #3)
  • To Love a Wolf (SWAT #4)
  • Not Her Usual Type (SWAT 4.5)
  • Wolf Hunt (SWAT #6)
  • Wolf Hunger (SWAT, #7)
  • Wolf Rising (SWAT, #8)
  • Wolf Instinct (SWAT #9)
  • Wolf Rebel
“Are you going to come inside or just stand out there gawking all night?” she asked with a smile.
He chuckled and stepped into the foyer. “Can’t I do both?”
2 likes
“A desperate man does what he has to to.”
She lifted a brow. “I make you that desperate?”
“I guess it will take another date – or two – for you to find that out.”
1 likes