Start by marking “Prophet of Moonshae (Forgotten Realms: Druidhome, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prophet of Moonshae (Forgotten Realms: Druidhome, #1)

Prophet of Moonshae

(Forgotten Realms: Druidhome #1)

Book One in the new Druidhome Trilogy picks up where the popular Moonshae Trilogy left off, righting the great wrong that remained at the conclusion of the original series. Now evil threatens the islands of Moonshae, for the people have forsaken their goddess, the Earthmother.
Mass Market Paperback, 310 pages
Published February 25th 1992 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about Prophet of Moonshae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prophet of Moonshae

Start your review of Prophet of Moonshae (Forgotten Realms: Druidhome, #1)
Jesse
Dec 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: forgotten-realms
I marked this book with four stars because it is the best one that I've read by this author. The three books in the series before this one (with mostly the same characters) really let me down. Actually, let me restate that; the first one was a big let down, but the following books got progressivly better. I also have to take into account that Niles wrote one of the first Forgotten Realms book series ever, and his were better than Ed Greenwood's hands down...so maybe I should cut him some slack. ...more
Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods*
Clearly, Douglas Niles' writing has improved, since he wrote his two earlier Forgotten Realms trilogies (the Moonshae trilogy which included the first-ever published Forgotten Realms novel, and the Maztica trilogy). He was not at all bad to start off with, but his descriptive prose, character dialogue, and scene-building seems to have taken off in this new trilogy, which is a direct sequel to the Moonshae trilogy (Darkwalker on Moonshae, Black Wizards, and Darkwell).

This book starts off twenty
Peter Greenwell
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: forgotten-realms
Entertaining, which is 90% of my rating, but like all of these Forgotten Realms novels, they tend to the popcorn side of things, especially the characterisations. But a good story is a good story, and that's what this is, all else considered.
Samantha
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Instead of focusing on just one character, this trilogy introduces and holds your attention through many different perspectives. Including some of the more interesting villains!
Michael
This did not hold my interest. I made it about 25% of the way through then forgot I was reading it for a week. Pass.
Greg Strandberg
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Damn it to hell - I've written two reviews on this series now, saving Book 1 for last. I'll have to read the book again, I just know it. And what a cover! Much better than some others out there. Still, I get this book mixed up with Darkwalker on Moonshae.

I'm not going to write anymore on this series, that's it.
Ward G
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heading into the second trilogy.
Have to say. Seems to have hit a stride. A lot going on, making you want to keep turning pages.
Yet keeps track, tying up the characters and plot points together.

Enjoying this series of stories.
Stacy
Apr 23, 2015 marked it as to-read
Some artist is stuck on the woman on the cover, I don't like the image & she keeps showing up in other covers. Dragonlance in particular. Missed first series so it's not really a stand alone & I wonder if it's going to be too much to fathom with no background. ...more
Bradley
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very fun fantasy. A solid read. =)
Allen
Omer
Dec 24, 2012
Sydney Rainbow Dash
Dec 23, 2014

• Shadowdale (Forgotten Realms: Avatar #1)
  • Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #2; Songs & Swords, #1)
  • Homeland (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #1)
  • Spellfire (Shandril's Saga #1)
  • The Parched Sea (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #1)
  • Canticle (Forgotten Realms: The Cleric Quintet, #1)
  • Sojourn (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #3)
  • Forging the Darksword (The Darksword Trilogy #1)
  • The Crystal Shard (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #4)
  • Exile (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #2)
  • Waterdeep (Forgotten Realms: Avatar #3)
  • Tantras (Forgotten Realms: Avatar #2)
  • Azure Bonds (Forgotten Realms: Finder's Stone, #1)
  • Red Magic (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #3)
  • The Ring of Winter (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #5)
  • Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages, #1)
  • The Night Parade (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #4)
  • Unholy (Forgotten Realms: The Haunted Lands, #3)
Douglas Niles is a fantasy author and game designer. Niles was one of the creators of the Dragonlance world and the author of the first three Forgotten Realms novels, and the Top Secret S/I espionage role-playing game. He currently resides in Delavan, Wisconsin with his wife, Christine, and two Bouviets, Reggie and Stella. He enjoys playing his guitar, cooking, and visiting with family.

Forgotten Realms: Druidhome (3 books)
  • The Coral Kingdom (Druidhome #2)
  • The Druid Queen (Forgotten Realms: Druidhome, #3)

News & Interviews