Start by marking “One Summer with Autumn” as Want to Read:
One Summer with Autumn

One Summer with Autumn

Seventeen-year-old Autumn Teslow arrives at her father’s job fair knowing she’ll never measure up to the perfect image of daddy’s little girl—her twin sister.

Wearing anger management issues like a second skin won’t help Autumn win her dad’s approval for the big trip she’s been planning—or meet his condition that she successfully complete a summer internship for college.

A
ebook
Published October 18th 2016 by Swoon Romance (first published October 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about One Summer with Autumn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Summer with Autumn

Start your review of One Summer with Autumn
Juliette Cross
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fortunate enough to beta read for this one. Fell in deep love with Autumn and Caden.
*Full review closer to release.*
Julie Reece
Sep 17, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
... And now we have a cover. YAY! :)
Allie York
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so incredibly sweet. A perfect mix of sarcasm, sugar, and humor. Dual POV gives the reader more insight, and the characters will stick around for ages.
Moriah
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment here on October 27th 2016*

**I received an eARC from Swoon Romance in exchange for an honest review**

I think Julie Reece has single-handedly convinced me in one book that good ‘ol South Cakalackey isn’t so bad. Okay, this is my home state, even though I lived in various towns, but sometimes the southern morale and lack thereof of city life can smother a girl. Then I look outside at sunset and change my mind—my point, however, is that I would take a guy like Caden Behr any d
Crystal Collier
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
This was a book I purchased on the spot because I was in the mood for a contemporary, which is a strange mood for me. Regardless, it was what I craved, and my craving was met. The romance came on a little fast, and I would have liked it to move a bit slower, but it was a cute story, which promises significant fireworks, not only in the book, but in the characters' future.

Content warning: mild language.
Blake Vargas
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the strong heroine and romance, how could you not love a hero named Behr! Must read :)
Ann Sutphin
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I liked the story line and the way it was written. I look forward to more stories from the author.
Erin Kelly
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this one. It's YA without the angst. I feel like it does a great job with the coming of age thing by showing a young woman figuring out who she really is and what defines her. Adorable romance, but not sappy!
A Leisure Moment
description

I didn’t want to put One Summer With Autumn down once I started reading. The dialogue flowed effortless, the romance highlighted just the right moments in the story, and the southern charm of a small town in South Carolina—Cowpens, y’all!—shined through. The ending ripped my heart in two before it mended it back together. This isn’t just a love story—it’s a story of discovering a new you, redefining what it means to be family, and some Newfoundland scenes that made me want to run to the animal s
Haddie
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
DISCLAIMER: I received a copy of this book for a tour.

This book is so cute! Autumn is . . . the word is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't say it. She is very headstrong, definitely. Her character is not wishy-washy. And she's very realistic. Like "there's a Mother of all Spiders in that bathroom" realistic.

Caden (or Silas, as he makes Autumn believe his name is) is one heck of a clever cookie. He has something to prove. He also wants to teach Autumn a lesson. He's got the cock
Bethany Lyke
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I randomly picked this book, not realizing that the authtor is one of my 'goodreads friend authors' once I did notice, I thought, "Oh crap, I really hope I don't have to give a crappy review and blast this book in front of them!" Well thank God I don't have too, I LOVED IT!!!! Super quick read, like quick because I was neglecting my husband, kids and house just so I can read this. Im saying, leave to go to Publix and sit in the parking lot to read for 20 min before going in, leaving to pick t ...more
Patricia
This is a wonderful young adult romance with two characters who are in pain from their pasts.
They butt heads at first, but ultimately find hope and change with each other. A great read!
Sara
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute romance. A little revenge going on but Caden is a softy at heart.
Macy Klingerman
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

This book was awesome to shake off the "meh" feeling I sometimes get when the weather gets colder. It's fun and summery without being totally fluff, and it kept me entertained from the beginning to the end.Autumn is a girl with a seriously sour disposition. People who know her tend to avert their eyes and walk the other way in order to avoid her wrath. So when she verbally lashes out at Caden, he decides that watchi
Tammy
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read with two characters that are opposites. Autumn was hard for me to like due to her anger towards everyone. As the story and character developed I liked her more and liked to see her growth. Caden was very cute and even though he came up with funny ways to get back at Autumn showed he truly cared for her. Caden's family added to the mix and were interesting in their own ways. Ending was perfect and heartfelt. Overall the book was unique and sweet romance read. I received an ebo ...more
Katy Upperman
Sometimes I just really enjoy reading angsty, impassioned romances full of flawed but lovable characters who do dumb things in the name of love -- or, dumb things in the name of avoiding love. (I enjoy writing these sorts of romances, too!) One Summer With Autumn gave me exactly what I'd hoped for, including steamy chemistry between plucky Autumn and complicated Caden, its romantic leads, plus compelling family and friendship dynamics. Check it out if you're into more mature YA, especially stori ...more
Isabella
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: asshole-hero
My interpretation

Amanda
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
I received this book for an honest review.

I can honestly say that One Summer with Autumn didn't catch my eye at first, but after starting the first chapter, my mind was racing with curiosity. The way that Reece writes Autumn made me want to figure out her character so much. Then she throws in Caden/Silas and everything flows together. The tense relationship that kinda makes your heart race with excitement, and the slight twist just made this an amazing read.
Nicole Strand
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The one flaw with this book, the romance happened quickly. You think with a girl with a sharp tongue that she wouldn't jump in quickly to a romance.
The story flows very well though. The authors writing is phenomenal. This will make a great snow day read!
Elle
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4/5 stars...

I read this book when I was in the middle of a really emotional time, but even then, I managed not to cry all over the Autumn issues with her absent mother.
The banter between Autumn and Caden started pretty early in the book, and I didn't exactly liked her, or her sister at first. The typical twin thing: one good, amazing, atlethic, popular... the other the complete opposite. Two guesses where the main female lead fell...

Well, it didn't matter. Caden had exactly what sh
E.M. Fitch
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This author has the skills! And this romance is a sweet, and not-so-sweet story that you'll just adore. There's a steady plot moving us forward, an adorable, well thought out guy with some secrets of his own, heartbreak, and humanity.

That's why I was drawn in to Reece's world to begin with, the humanity. She doesn't shy away from the wretchedness of the world, from the inhumane acts of the people who reside in it. This is what makes her work stand out, it's not just about the romanc
Mandy
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story by Julie Reece. It was a different and I needed a break from the typical kind of romance novels. There was some twists, humor, love as the characters navigated through difficulties and heartbreak in their individual lives.
Noni Cabrera Steele
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story! Really enjoyed it!
Stephanie Friend
What a lovely well written YA! This book gave me the warm and fuzzies. I loved the growing love/hate relationship between Autumn and Caden. The character building and growing are both fantastic as well!

Twins Autumn and Sydney couldn’t be more opposite. When they have to choose a summer internship, Autumn is all but ready to bolt. When she lands herself at Behr’s farm for the summer, she couldn’t be more ready to go off and travel the world. After making a fool out of the Behr’s youngest son, Ca
Japhy Ryder
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book, basically, follows all the tropes. Angry young girl, guy who likes a challenge, opposites attracting, daddy issues, opposing twins. The romance feels rushed, and the characters are extremely bland. I honestly don't have much to say for it except that it's not the worst contemporary or ya romance I've ever read.
Isabel
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
oh my heck this was so funny
"are you going to protect me from bears or behrs"
"i've got an intern to torture. train, i mean train."
Renee
Jul 10, 2018
Feb 21, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Only a Breath Apart
  • Lodestar (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #5)
  • Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)
  • The Importance of Getting Revenge
  • Just One of the Royals (The Chicago Falcons, #2)
  • Paper Hearts (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #2)
  • Catch a Falling Star
  • Always Never Yours
  • The Prince (The Selection, #0.5)
  • How to Make Friends with the Dark
  • Kenzie And The Guy Next Door (Scandalous, #4)
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • Challenge Accepted
  • Out of His League (Briarwood High #1)
  • Until the Sun Burns Out
  • Zac and Mia
  • What Happened to Goodbye
  • The Perks of Hating You
Julie Reece writes YA stories. Many inspired by life in the southeastern states where she grew up. She's passionate about family, friends, animals, underdogs, and writing, but bubble baths and dark chocolate make the list, too.