Start by marking “Usagi Yojimbo 3 Al filo de la vida y la muerte (Usagi Yojimbo #10)” as Want to Read:
Usagi Yojimbo 3 Al filo de la vida y la muerte (Usagi Yojimbo #10)

Usagi Yojimbo 3 Al filo de la vida y la muerte

(Usagi Yojimbo #10)

Usagi Yojimbo es una serie creada en 1984 por Stan Sakai, ganador del premio Eisner, que narra las aventuras de Miyamoto Usagi, un conejo samurái que, tras la muerte de su señor, decide emprender un viaje de aprendizaje como ronin. . Está influenciada por obras como Lobo Solitario y su cachorro y el cine de samuráis de Akira Kurosawa. La obra nos sitúa en un medievo japoné ...more
Published April 2nd 2004 by Planeta-DeAgostini (first published August 19th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Usagi Yojimbo 3 Al filo de la vida y la muerte, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Usagi Yojimbo 3 Al filo de la vida y la muerte

Start your review of Usagi Yojimbo 3 Al filo de la vida y la muerte (Usagi Yojimbo #10)
Václav
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(4,3 z 5 za to, co jde Stanovi nejlépe - řetěz krátkých příběhů)
Usagi mě baví a je to taková moje komiksová celoživotní láska. A to tak velká, že Stanovi odpustím i tu bojovou choreografii, která více vyobrazuje důsledek střetu, než to jak byl proveden a rozhodně ani zdaleka neodpovídá možné realitě. A právě v této knize je toho bojování mnoho. Usagi se přimotá kde čemu a i vedlejší postavy, co mají svou dějovou linku, máchají zbraní jak o život. A to hned první příběh evokuje opak - kromě vzděl
Aaron
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is genuine joy to watch Sakai grow as a storyteller and artist. Having now read the first 10 volumes of Usagi Yojimbo, as the title went from Fantagraphics to Mirage to its current home at Dark Horse, I've seen Usagi stories shift from unconnected one-offs to an ever-expanding, highly consistent world. I really love the way the stories have begun developing, particularly in this volume.

This is the first book that truly begins to feel like a serial. As I mentioned in my review of Book 9, it's
Madhurabharatula Pranav Rohit Kasinath
Usagi Yojimbo, on the surface is a simple concept. Anthropomorphic animals in 16th century Edo Japan - with the narrative centering around a "Long Eared Samurai", a Rabbit - the eponymous Usagi of the title. Usagi,literally means Rabbit in Japanese and Yojimbo refers to "Bodyguard". Rabbit Bodyguard. It mixes several references to the Samurai films of Kurosawa with a deliberate homage to the great samurai swordsman Miyamoto Musashi while treading its own unique path. There really isn't another ...more
Brian
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-and-gn
This volume was a joy to read. It's been a few months since I picked up an Usagi Yojimbo trade, but as I read through this one I kept thinking to myself "Has it always been THIS great?".

Although I've thoroughly enjoyed every preceding story, Sakai just seems to keep getting better. The art (particularly the landscapes) are even more beautifully and clearly drawn than usual. The cast of interesting recurring characters keeps growing. I'm beginning to get a sense of the scale of the world that Sa
Evan
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
My favorite Usagi Yojimbo volume thus far. There's a je ne sais quoi improvement in the tightness of the art and especially the plot—Usagi is always moving forward, there's always an outgoing impetus at the end of every vignette, a quality that felt absent before. Ten volumes in, Sakai seems to have mastered his craft. The 'How It's Made' aside about seaweed farming is worth mentioning for how much I love that sort of thing, and the Noodles story was remarkably affecting.
Scott Lee
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely wonderful. The Noodles storyline did something none of the others had yet, I not only was interested enough to be entertained, I was moved by the events of the story. Comics are often entertaining, sometimes they're clever enough, and cool enough to be really great, but rarely are they truly emotionally moving. I think Noodles is one of the best arcs I've read in any comic in quite a long time.
Michael
There's some good stuff in here. Noodles is by far the best, most emotionally engrossing story of this collection, the Inazuma stories introduce us to a new, formidable frenemy for Usagi, and the Black Soul story reminds us that [SPOILERS] is still out there. I'm 10 volumes into Stan Sakai's 30 year run on Usagi Yojimbo and I'm no longer baffled by how consistently good all of these stories are.
Brian
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, fiction, m
The consistent quality of this series just blows my mind. There's always something new and unexpected happening, but the tone and voice of the book remain level.
Eric Mikols
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great collection. A bit slower and low key from previous volumes, but still a joy to read. I hope I have an excuse to reread these books all over again someday.
Unseen Library
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed as part of my Throwback Thursday series, where I republish old reviews, review books I have read before or review older books I have only just had a chance to read.

Another week, another Throwback Thursday review of an early volume of one of my all-time favourite comic book series, Usagi Yojimbo, by legendary author and artist Stan Sakai. This week I will look at the epic 10th volume in the series, The Brink of Life and Death, which proved to be another amazing and exciting five-star rea
Enno
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is probably my favorite Usagi book. Not only is Kitsune back in the very touching story "Noodles", but all the other stories are very solid, too.
Nicolas
Un ensemble d'histoire courte pas forcément homogène.
On y retrouve par exemple Kitsuné dans une histoire clairement ignoble (avec le nauvre Noodles qui se fait crucifier), ou les ninjas chauve-souris à la recherche d'un secret qui pourrait leur coûter cher.
Une ou deux histoires se détachent pour moi. D'abord la première mettant en scène les pêcheurs d'algues, qui est à nouveau l'occasion pour Sakai de nous expliquer la vie dans la Japon médiéval. Et ensuite celle d'Inazuma, qui traverse ce recue
DaViD´82
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Citlivě sestavená a díky tomu vyvážená sbírka, kde je od každého typu Usagiho dobrodružství zdařilý zástupce. A tak tu máme krátké povídky i dlouhé příběhy rozvíjející hlavní dějovou linku, dějepisný nikam se neženoucí pohled „jak to tenkrát chodilo v tom kterém zaměstnání“ stejně jako akcí nabitou samurajskou vybíjenou a do toho nějaký ten atmosférický kaidan či příběh cti i pomsty. Ovšem jakkoli zdařilé, tak v zásadě nemlich to samé, co veškeré předchozí i následující Usagiho sbírky. Otázka te ...more
Aditya Arie Nugraha
Petualangan Usagi Yojimbo berlanjut, dari membantu para petani kaiso (ganggang) sampai menumpas makhluk gaib. Saya sendiri paling suka dengan kisahnya bersama para petani kaiso. Meskipun tidak sarat aksi pertempuran, saya belajar banyak tentang pertanian kaiso. Selain itu, kisah hidup Inazuma yang dituturkan pada Usagi juga cukup menarik perhatian (simpati). ^_^
cindy
Buku 3 versi terbitan Gramedia, tapi kalau menurut seri aslinya sih adalah book 10. Masih berisi petualangan Usagi dan teman-temannya, tp sedikit terganggu karena nggak kenal sama mereka, mungkin muncul di buku 1 s/d 7 yang nggak (belum) diterbitkan.

Lumayan ringan dan menghibur.
** Jangan dibandingkan dengan Taiko atau Mushashi ya....**
Raja99
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are three comic book series I'd recommend to people who don't read comics.

Why I Reread This Book:

I've read this in its entirety at least three times, and probably dipped into it more than that.
Bunga Mawar
Baru kali ini baca Yojimbo. Agak2 ajaib, hihi... masak kelinci jadi samurai :p
Dru
Oct 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-graphic-novel
Another great volume of Usagi from Stan Sakai.
Sylvia

• Shadow of the Shinobi: Second Scroll
  • Hellboy: Weird Tales Omnibus
  • Black Hammer, Vol. 3: Age of Doom, Part One
  • B.P.R.D., Vol. 11: The Black Goddess
  • Bone, Vol. 2: The Great Cow Race (Bone, #2)
  • Finding Eadie
  • B.P.R.D., Vol. 3: Plague of Frogs
  • Last Survivor (Sonja Kurtz #4)
  • The Gates of Athens (Athenian #1)
  • Kill Switch (Joe Ledger, #8)
  • Hellboy, Vol. 6: Strange Places
  • Bone, Vol. 5: Rock Jaw Master of the Eastern Border (Bone, #5)
Stan Sakai (Japanese: 坂井 スタンSakai Sutan; born May 25, 1953) is an artist who became known as an Eisner Award-winning comic book originator.

Born in Kyoto, Sakai grew up in Hawaii and studied fine arts at the University of Hawaii. He later attended the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. He and his wife, Sharon, presently reside and work in Pasadena.

He began his career by lettering

Usagi Yojimbo (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 1: The Ronin (Usagi Yojimbo, #1)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 2: Samurai (Usagi Yojimbo, #2)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 3: The Wanderer's Road (Usagi Yojimbo, #3)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 4: The Dragon Bellow Conspiracy (Usagi Yojimbo, #4)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 5: Lone Goat and Kid (Usagi Yojimbo, #5)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 6: Circles  (Usagi Yojimbo, #6)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 7: Gen's Story (Usagi Yojimbo, #7)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 8: Shades of Death (Usagi Yojimbo, #8)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 9: Daisho (Usagi Yojimbo, #9)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 11: Seasons (Usagi Yojimbo, #11)

News & Interviews