Start by marking “Into Elurien (Skeleton Key)” as Want to Read:
Into Elurien (Skeleton Key)

Into Elurien

(Skeleton Key)

Skeleton Key Book Series
One Skeleton Key. Endless Adventures.

When Hazel Walsh discovers a strange key in the attic of the Old Brook Inn, she doesn’t imagine the door it unlocks will lead anywhere special. Though superstitious, she’s never bought into the local stories of fairies, ghosts, and demons. But when she opens the door, she discover
Published June 2016 by Sparrowcat Press

To ask other readers questions about Into Elurien, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into Elurien

Shayay
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved this! This whole series is just so great, and I love reading these books! Into Elurien by Kate Sparkes is part of the Skeleton Key series, where each book is written by a different author, but all stories feature a skeleton key that leads the characters to a unique, interesting world! So much fun to read!

In Into Elurien, Hazel is returning to her hometown after her life hasn't exactly gone according to her plans, so she's a bit aimless, and is sort of dreading being back in her hometown.
A.M. Leibowitz
This book is one part Narnia, one part Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, and two parts Where the Wild Things Are, if those were written for adults with a social justice bent. You’ll have to trust me when I say that’s a good thing.

Whatever it was I expected when I picked this up, it was flung out the window as soon as I turned the first page. The set-up takes a bit, but it’s worth it for drawing out the sinister and mysterious atmosphere. I kept wondering when Hazel might disappear into the other
Kelli
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc-s
I have loved everything this author has written and this was no exception. She writes the most incredible complex characters even the secondary characters are well done. The main character Hazel is likable, quirky and funny. And I won't spoil Zinian's introduction as it is one of my favorite moments in the book. I will just say get ready to be surprised and charmed. This book was really good as it was different than anything I've recently read. The plot is unique and even though it isn't a long ...more
Shawn
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was told about this series from a friend of mine, I read on a Amazon review ' one part Narnia, one part Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, and two parts Where the Wild Things Are', and this told me that I would like this book as well as my friend saying I would. I wasn't sure at first if there was an order to this series, but found that it was not the typical 'series' that I was used to. I love the idea that each author writes about this one 'Skeleton Key'. This book kept me interested, and on ...more
Louise Cromie
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic twist on the usual monsters versus humans! I also loved the fact that although I couldn't put it down it took a few days to read showing great substance to the book. The characters are deep and and very much part of the attraction to the book as well as the storyline which is interesting, gripping and different from the 'norm' for this genre. A definite must read in my humble opinion.

This is a fair and honest review for an ARC.
Aphelia
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This novella, part of a multi-author series based on portal romantic fantasies that all begin with a skeleton key (neat idea!), left me wanting to see more of this world and the characters.

Hazel is heading home in disgrace after a failed relationship when a stormy night and an unreliable car force her to stop at a local Inn. She can't sleep and goes wandering around the Inn, ending up in an off-limits Attic (who would do that?! headstrong, stubborn Hazel, evidently) where she finds a beautiful
Max
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: newfoundland
I liked this book a lot. A young woman is unwillingly returning to her childhood home on an island off Newfoundland after an unsuccessful sojourn on the mainland. Shortly after her arrival she abruptly enters another world, Elurien, inhabited by human-hating monsters. It becomes a story of friendship, love, survival and adventure, driven along by an action-filled plot.
MaryKate
Interesting, if a bit generic and bland

Her first series "Bound" was much better, and this was a disappointing in comparison. That being said, the book itself was fine. Nothing great and amazing , but nothing that I hated it couldn't stand either. Overall, a decent book but it was a little slow and uninteresting (it took 3-4 days to read because I kept putting it down).
Ulla Bisgaard
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Four stars for Into Elurien by Kate Sparkes
Genre: #Paranormal, #Romance, #Action, #Drama, #Fantasy
Series: The skeleton Key
Audience: Adults
Disclaimer: I was given the book for an honest review.

Conclusion:
This is a sweet action fantasy. You follow Hazel as her perception of what is important chance, while her sense of right and wrong stays the same. In a world where monsters and humans were supposed to live in pease, there are no peace but war. Can one human teach monsters, that not all humans are
Cassie May
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This book is the second book of the Skeleton Key series I have read. The special thing with this series is that every book can be read as a standalone, the only connection is the Skeleton Key that brings a human person in another world. This time it is a world full of monsters that are obviously the good ones. They dispossessed their old queen, because she made the humans suppress the monsters.
Hazel Walsh appears right in the moment in
Janelle JustcallmeNelly
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wishing this was longer, so hard to say goodbye to the characters that sparked the skeleton key series.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
From The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Hazel and Zinian have an introduction that was well worth the read. The impact makes its presences known. If for no other reason that finding out this introduction pick up this read. You will keep hold to find out more. The tension, suspense and mystery builds throughout the read. Never really knowing when or if Hazel would disappear. Hazel discovery that humans are not the head of all things. Her understanding the why of the things going on in the world. Then she
Tamara Hull
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hazel reluctantly goes home to her sleepy childhood home, however before she can get there her far from trusty car breaks down. Seeking shelter for the night Hazel implores the nearest accommodation to take her in.

As things go bump in the night Hazel happens upon an odd key and a strange door, landing her in a terrifying world of monsters - but are they?

Kate Sparkes' tale of true evil, prejudice and redemption is masterfully crafted and your views on heroes and villains may well be turned on i
Laura S
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another superb book from Kate Sparkes; she's become an author I can count on to deliver enchanting fantasy tales filled with well-written, relatable characters I come to know so well they feel like family, and plots I become completely invested in - plots which also happen to weave and twist delightfully - all set in imaginative worlds that leave me longing to live relocate.

When you sit down to read this novella be prepared to be unable to get up until you've turned the last page - it's just th
Pat
I had an opportunity to read this book in advance and I'm so glad I did. I sat down and read it almost without stopping (except to eat) in one day. I'm always amazed at the imagination and creativity of people like Kate Sparkes in developing such diverse characters and building truly original worlds.

To be honest, at first I wasn't sure I was going to like Hazel. She seemed to have a bit too much attitude, resentment, bad language, and self-pity. Until Elurien. In Elurien I fell in love with Haze
Teri
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had such fun reading this book. Hazel is having a bit of a struggle in her personal life, having to tuck her tail and head back home - a place she couldn't wait to leave - then finds a skeleton key, opening a door that takes her to another world. And this author is crazy talented at creating other worlds (The Bound Trilogy).

Hazel's situation makes it easy to identify with her and I enjoyed how her thoughts occasionally fall out of her mouth before she realizes it, and one moment she's all awkw
Veronica LaRoche
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Every book in the skeleton key series just sucks you in from page 1. Hazel comes back to Fairbrook not like she really wanted too after leaving home. When her cars breaks down she stops in front of the Inn and stays the night and can't sleep so of course she explores and ends up in the attic and there she finds a skeleton key. Finding a door she opens and enters another realm where monsters overtake humans. But Zinian sees something in her and wants to keep her safe. Will he keep her safe and wi ...more
Sylvia
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is totally different from most I have read... and I loved it.
Hazel is a wonderful main character ...I enjoyed watching her grow and learn things that she would have never learned at home. In her adventure she befriends an ogre named Auphel... She is one of the best secondary characters ever. I wanted more of her... Then there was Zinian... another wonderful strong character... Kate Sparkes has a talent for making you love her people.
Another reason I like this book so much, it was teach
Aighmi*
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Honestly, i adored this book! I don't like spoilers, so there won't be any here, but i will say that this is a fascinating book with well-fleshed-out, compelling characters and a genuinely interesting plot line. I haven't read any other books in the series, though i have read and loved other books by Kate Sparkes. My biggest complaint about this book would be that it is too short! To fit in the series, as i understand it, she had a ...more
Marta Scheiner
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Facinating

I wasn't surprised that I would get drawn in from the very beginning as the books I've read from this author has stayed with me for a long time. Into Elurien, was completely different, which is good, cause who wants to read the same story with different titles. In this story, You enter a world where the roles of humans and non humans are reversed, the life you knew doesn't exist for you anymore. What would you do? How can survive? Who can you trust? These are some of the questions you'
Clare Anstead
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to be offered an advance review copy of Into Elurien and I am not sure I even have the words to describe how I feel about it.
Our leading lady is truly awesome and quickly became stronger and more compelling as the story unfolded. Her biggest downfall is making assumptions and snap judgements but she overcomes this too to become a hero in her own right.

If i could find a magic key I think I would find it hard to choose between Diagon Alley and Elurien.

I truly hope that Kate can
Linda Levine
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Skeleton Key series has been very interesting. Each key leads the characters to a new world and begins a journey that changes them forever.

Hazel is sent to a world where things are very different from her old one. Monsters are not what you expect.

It is a story with a lot of action, adventure and romance. I really enjoyed the experience. It is a quick read and make you eager for more.

I received a copy in return for a honest review.
Tiffany Saffle
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the very beginning. Into Elurien was beautifully written, and filled with amazing characters! I enjoyed reading this book, very much! I laughed and I cried, I felt connected to the characters and the surroundings. I can't seem to find the right words, but it was a wonderful experience!

This is my first time reading a book by Kate Sparkes, however, I will be reading her others very soon.
Christine
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Want to escape reality?

I recommend this book if you are looking for a different kind of romance. Be prepared to change your ideas about monsters. The alternate reality is a frightening place in this book. The return to the real world isn't much better at first. But don't let that make you put the book down. Read on. You will not be disappointed.
Sue
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elurien

I love this book or novella! Full of everything that I look for in a good read. This is a story for everyone who has ever felt rejection and heartache. Elurien felt more real to me than anything I have read in a very long time. I can't wait to see what the skeleton key will open for me next. Thank you for an amazing afternoon reading about such wonderful characters.
Jessica Minyard
This is a fun, quick, lighthearted read, and I must admit, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Zinian in the future. *wink wink*

Hazel is a very sympathetic character and I could relate to a lot of her struggles. I love the fairy tale quality of the book, and how self-aware it was -- multiple times poking fun at fiction tropes.
Judy Rapp
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read quickly and, for once, I didn't mind the insomnia which plagues me. I had Kate's new book to read. I expect good writing and proper English from this author and was not disappointed. I loved the story, the magic and the characterisations and didn't want to put the book down until I had finished it. Now, I want to know what happens next.

I strongly recommend this book.
Justine Blaber
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from Kate . I was captivated from the first few sentences and read in one go ! It was magical and as I finished , I was sad to say goodbye to Hazel and Zinian .
This is a fair review for being a beta reader
Kristina
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Kate did an amazing job bringing me into Elurien! I loved all of the characters! They were so vivid and so clearly written I felt like I was in the world! This book had me hooked from page one! I can't wait to read more books by the !!AWESOME!! Kate Sparkes! :D
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-challenge
There have been quite a few of the books in this collection that I have enjoyed. This one is one of my favorites. I really enjoyed how the key was introduced, and I really love these characters. Great plot... Great characters... Amazing Story.

• Beneath a Midnight Moon
  • The Danger of Destiny (Mystwalker, #4)
  • Inhuman (World of the Lupi, #3.5)
  • Christmas Kiss (Kisses and Carriages, #1)
  • Altered Destiny
  • Forsaken By Shadow (Mirus, #1.1)
  • The Traveller (MacLeod #2.6; de Piaget/MacLeod #7.5)
  • The Girl Who Heard Demons
  • Death of Gods (Vampire Crown, #3)
  • I Am Wolf (The Children of Nox, #1)
  • Unchained Beauty (Deadly Beauties Live On, #5)
  • Dragonshadow (Heartstone, #2)
  • Songstone
  • Reflected (Silver #3)
  • The Artist Cries Wolf: Moonchuckle Bay Romantic Comedy #1
  • First Impression (Shadow Maven #1)
  • Tryst

Skeleton Key (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Game Master (Skeleton Key)
  • Warrior Queen
  • Eunica (Skeleton Key)
  • Mechanical Hearts (Skeleton Key)
  • Fate of Elements (Skeleton Key)
  • Princess of the Damned (Skeleton Key)
  • Spell Slinger (Skeleton Key)
  • Unlocking Adeline (Skeleton Key)
  • Royal Enchantment (Skeleton Key)
  • Curse of the Undead Dragon King (Skeleton Key)