Start by marking “Clouded Hell” as Want to Read:
Clouded Hell

Read Book

Clouded Hell

(Inferno #1)

My club became my empire of avoidance. Inside the ring millions are won and lost. The fight is confined to breaths, actions and reactions, fists and pain. Rules don’t exist. Only my opponent exists.

I’d been avoiding my needs for far too long when R
Published March 23rd 2016 by Gray Books (first published March 21st 2016)

Start your review of Clouded Hell
Jan
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
*** 3.5 Stars ***

I'm rounding it to 4 because I couldn't put it down.
(view spoiler)
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

#Drumrole …. I just read “Clouded Hell” by J.R. Gray

Why #Drumrole you wonder ? … because I do not read this kind of genre – like in “never”, well actually I cannot say “never” anymore – can I ?

I feel like right in the middle of the Katy Perry’s song “I kissed a Girl” – because .. I LIKED IT…

The plot sounded so interesting that I could not stop myself from requesting an ARC for this book. It is dark, raw at times but honest and not at all what I would have expected it to be.

While it was difficult
Jaime
This was a different book. I had trouble following all the different ideas floating around in the book. From what I gather, Dante is a underground fighter and a Dominant/Sadist. He is sought out. Remi comes from California to New Orleans seeking out Dante to Dominate him, Remi is a masochist and a switch. He has a submissive in California Kai, who is also a switch and his best-friend. However, Kai and Remi have an open relationship they are really just best-friends with kinky benefits.
J. McCoy
NOW LIVE!!! http://amzn.to/22uSfVo

So, SO good!! This is a must read!!
James Cox
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
An illegal fight club run by a dom makes for a hell of an entertaining story. Seriously sexy and dark. I liked it a lot!
Nic Spears
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
** ARC received in exchange for an honest review **

I love JR and where I have loved every book that he has released so far, I didn't with this one. Yeah I LIKED it, but I didn’t love it quite as much as I thought I would.

Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.5 Stars

I loved everything about this one except for that damn epilogue – but more about that later!

Clouded Hell is a story that drags you in from the first page. It sometimes leaves you feeling a little confused, it oftentimes leaves you feeling frustrated but overall it was addictive and difficult to put down. At 2am and 70% in I had to admit defeat and finish it the next day but that was a really difficult thing to do!

So if we were to look up the word dominant
Lynsey Goddard ❤
Unfortunately this is my first DNF on a book that I've been asked to review, I gave it a shot and got to 64%. M/M is my thing at the moment and when I read this was M/M fighter, my ovaries flipped and reversed I was going to be in book heaven, it's a genre I'm loving hard.

BUT this book confused the hell out of me, I didn't know where Dante ended and Remi began, the first 50% was a complete game of tennis between the 2 main characters, but with no real background or subsistence about why Remi is
Ed Davis
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-bdsm, m-m
I couldn’t decide if this book deserved three stars or five stars so I compromised with four. It is beautifully written and very entertaining. I love be both Dante and Remi. The ending came too quickly and resolved everything too easily.
Helena Stone
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author.

“I like to think of it as Clouded Hell. One of the rare cool days you’ve got to hold on to when everything else won’t quit.” - Dante

This is a story about two tortured souls coming together and almost tearing each other and themselves apart in the process. In fact, it is not overstating the situation when I say that while these two men are torturing each other, they’re putting the reader through the wringer as well. From the moment they meet it is clear that Remi
Keri
Shelves: m-m, 2016, arc
4.5 rounded to 5 stars...

Looking for a sexy story that plays with your mind? Here you go. Remington (Remi) just plays with you while he plays with Dante’s mind. Remi is a D/s switch and even though he is one, he much prefers and identifies with the other. Dante is most definitely a Dominant and uses pain as his distraction to what has happened in his life.

JR Gray weaves these two men together like a choreographed dance. One starts to lead then the other leads, both perfectly timed…just to mess
Melissa Mendoza
Genre(s):M/M Erotic BDSM
Page Count:175
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5

“‘But?’ I prompted him, too horny to wait for his leisure. ‘No, but, you’re beautiful, and I want more.’ More was a dangerous word.”

5 clouded stars!! Um, wow, dark, twisted and sexy as sin! I was hooked!

Dante likes to keep to himself, simply because he has a dark past. He enjoys feeling pain but hate
Shannon
Dante owns a bar and runs an illegal fight club. Remi is the mob boss's son and he needs what Dante has to offer. Complete domination. OMG, can anyone say hotter than hell? Remi has a bff Kai who is his submissive. Yeah, a bit confusing. So everywhere except with Dante, Remi is the dominant. It's not really working all that well for him. Remi and Dante's relationship is the kind that they both need so badly but Remi doesn't seem to be able to get there. It feels like they're torturing each other ...more
Amanda
May 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I like Dante and Remi but I feel like nothing was really resolved. Where do they stand? Where do Remi and Kai stand? Dante and Remi were explosive together I just wish that the story resolved some major issues.
Robin Powers
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I LOVED the majority of this book. I wish there was a longer epilogue unless this is a series? The story kept my attention the entire time. Full review coming on The Smut-Brarians.
Tina
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

4,5 stars.

Awesome book, loved Remi and Dante!

Now waiting for a sequel! There is one coming up, right? RIGHT? :)
Mandi Schreiner
I'm dnfing, not because it's poorly written or a bad story or anything - it's just super BDSM and I'm having a hard time with it.

Those who love BDSM books might want to try it :)
Lisa The Novel Approach
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are a few authors I turn to in this genre when I’m in the mood for something a little edgy, a little raw, a little gritty. One of them is J.R. Gray. And, as if you couldn’t already tell from its title, his new novel, Clouded Hell, is not a shmoopy romance.

What Clouded Hell is, however, is an interesting character study. Its protagonists, Dante Bane and Remi Caci, are both flawed in a variety of ways—Dante due to a loss from which he’s still trying to recover, with little success; Remi beca
Debbie
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

Okay, lets see if I can make sense of what I'm left feeling, shall we? I usually write a blurby bit, but I can't so here's the official one:

The Wandering Bookaholic
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
** ARC received in exchange for an honest review **

I love JR and where I have loved every book that he has released so far, I can only say I LIKED it, but I didn’t love it quite as much as I thought I would.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a bloody good story and very well written, I just felt as though it was a bit unfinished. I think If he was to have left the epilogue out then it would’ve been totally fine. I just think it was pointless. For me an epilogue (if a standalone) should wrap things up and m
Michelle Slagan
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MORE…….I NEED MORE….My heart has fallen love with Remi & Dante.

Have you ever read a book that you knew would shred you to pieces and you weren’t sure whether or not the author would be able to put YOU….yes YOU back to pieces? Never mind putting the characters back to pieces but physically making the reader whole again because if you read a book that draws you in like Gray’s books do you become part of that book. Well…...Clouded Hell is one of those books.

I undeniably adore anything JR Gray writ
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
If I was giving this review audibly, you wouldn’t hear much right now…I feel like a fish out of water with my mouth opening and closing. I’m going to be completely honest and tell you that the cryptic behavior of Remi and Dante was hard to follow and pissed me off at the beginning of the book. I actually started reading this book on Saturday but didn’t finish until Thursday because I put it down for a couple of days and read something else when I got about 1/3 of the way through this book. I’m s ...more
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Shelves: m-m
I went into the book blind, having no idea how this author was as a writer...or how this story was going to play out.

Dante and Remi. Dear Lord. These two....... I am afraid that I can't leave a review good enough without totally giving away major plot lines....but I will try.

Like the synopsis states: "I survive on avoidance. Physical pain to avoid the mental. Disposable flesh to avoid relationships. Work to avoid attachment. My club became my empire of avoidance. Inside the ring millions are won
C
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, favorites
When book characters live in your head and you are NOT the author...then you know it's a good book. Remi and Dante have lived with me for the last week and all I could think about was what happens next? Worried, couldn't shake the feeling of danger, concern and excitement. It was all there this week as I read this book.

JR Grey writes an amazing story about two men, each with their own troubled past. Trying to find happiness, they struggle with trying to make themselves happy while pleasing ever
Natosha Wilson
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book left me speechless. It was so much more then what I thought it would be by reading the description of it. It was just wow.....

Dante is a man who lost what he thought was he love of his life and never had any closure with the death. He owns an underground flight club but he also is a fighter himself. Not for the money or the fame but because he likes the pain and likes to punish himself for the loss of his husband.

Remington (or better known as Rem) is the son of a mob boss from Vegas.
Avid Reader
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Clouded Hell by J.R. Gray
4 stars
M/M Romance, SM
Triggers: Homophobic family, attempted murder, illegal activites
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.

This was an amazing story. Remi and Dante have a great connection - they just seem to understand each other. Dante had a deep seeded desire to inflict control and pain on someone equally willing to accept his pain. It was intense, riveting and the bond that was formed between Remi and Dante was unbreakable.

I did dislike t
Steph ☀️
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, dark, triggers
Is that it?!?

Well, the story itself kept me on the edge of my seat with all the secrets between the Dante and Remi. Their story was told well and I am hoping there might be more to it by another book. IMO the ending was left with too much left, not just with each other, but with Remi's father, Kia, Josh and Liv. I don't want o go into anything specific since I don't want to give any any spoilers. I would say give it an epilogue, but even that would be not enough. I really enjoyed this book, and
Kristy
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Stunning cover! Release day review to come.
Teri
there were a lot of things that really worked and that I really liked, but the writing style didn't work for me, and that's a personal thing, so nothing against the author or anything, it just didn't work for me.
I also (view spoiler)
I would have liked for th
M
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2019
*3.5 stars*
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Long Way Home
  • Cold Hard Cash
  • Worship (On My Knees Duet, #1)
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • Adore (On My Knees Duet #2)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Temptation (Breaking the Rules, #2)
  • Serving Mr. Chamberlain (Different Hearts, #3)
  • Finding Finley
  • The Boss (The Killough Company, #1)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules, #1)
  • Rules to Live By (The Lodge #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology Volume 4
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts, #1)
  • Now You See Me
When not staying up all night writing, J.R. Gray can be found at the gym where it's half assumed he is a permanent resident to fulfill his self-inflicted masochism. A dominant and a pilot, Gray finds it hard to be in the passenger seat of any car. He frequently interrupts real life, including normal sleep patterns and conversations, to jot down notes or plot bunnies. Commas are the bane of his exi ...more

Inferno (2 books)