Start by marking “Eldrie The Healer (The Bastard Princess, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eldrie The Healer (The Bastard Princess, #1)

Eldrie The Healer

(The Bastard Princess #1)

Eldrie wields her sword to fight her way through enchanted forests & war-torn lands to search for the healing mage who can teach her the arts. Along the way she saves a brave huntsman, he swears fealty to her, and they pick up the search together.
Paperback
Published March 1989 by Random House

To ask other readers questions about Eldrie The Healer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eldrie The Healer

Trevor
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm a sixteen year old, teenage boy and the reasons for my thinking this way may be just because of those facts, but I felt that the novel was based too strongly on the emotional aspects of human relationships and not nearly enough on carrying along the central plot line and story. That is my only complaint. I thought that the way she wrote was marvelous, I really enjoyed the ways in which she kept me reading. I do wish that there was a sequel to Eldrie The Healer, but if there is not to be the ...more
Melania Ramona
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book a few years ago. I don't remember much of the story, only that I loved it and it was very good, especially in terms of character development. It's so sad that there won't be a second book... I read somewhere that the author died. She was truly talented.
Jean Triceratops
Jun 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
There are strong female characters, and then there are Strong Female Character. The former have a deep-seated resilience despite an uncaring world; the latter try to goad six men into a fight because they’re pissed.

The bastard princess—Eldrie—is the latter.

On paper that might not sound so bad: an almost anti-hero strong female character can be fun. For that to work, though, the character has to have a) a certain amount of self-awareness or b) a complete lack of self-awareness. Instead, Eldrie is
Chris Chittleborough
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alas, this promising series never got past the first book, apparently because Ms Edwards died.
Lisa Boorman
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So sad there won't be a volume 2.
Mollie
Aug 11, 2016 rated it liked it
TFW the basic, trope-filled, first-person fantasy novel that you pick out of a box in your parents' basement for light reading actually gets kind of interesting in the end and then you discover that despite being published in 1989 no sequel has been written due to disasters with the publishing house. Oh well, at least the author didn't really die in a car accident, as the rumor has it.

This book does not start off strong. It gives off a strong wiff of fanfiction with its master-swordswoman/master
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

This was a great start to a wonderful series but the author got caught in between mergers with her publisher - and the rights to the stories were lost in the merger. She's contacted Ballantine and Pageant but they don't respond to her emails. She's 65 now so I don't expect we will see the rest of the series in print.
Doris
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This start of a great series had us following Eldrie and her band of rogues as she tries to escape the hunters who have followed her from her home kingdom, attempting to force her to return. She is skilled at many adventurer activities, including hunting, fighting and evading hunters, but the ones after her are merciless. The overall story is written with an eye to a continuation, so the ending is less than satisfactory, but it is well written and worth rereading!
Helen
Dec 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
It is so sad that Claudia Edwards died in a car accident. Her talent will be missed by all who read her books.
Andrea
Dec 19, 2018
Bremonline
Jun 07, 2017
Gwen
rated it did not like it
Feb 10, 2015