Start by marking “Pelukis Jalanan” as Want to Read:
Pelukis Jalanan

Pelukis Jalanan

(Siri Jalanan Teme #1)

"Jika diberi peluang berpatah balik masa, perbetulkan semuanya, mengelak kegagalan berlaku, dan hidup dengan selesa, aku akan memilih untuk tidak lakukannya. Kerana pengalaman inilah anugerah bernilai Allah kepada aku.”
[Teme Abdullah]
Paperback, First, 215 pages
Published January 2016 by Iman Publication

Start your review of Pelukis Jalanan
Sooraya Evans
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
After 'Ulu Yam di Liverpool' and 'Catatan Pengembaraan Seorang Flowerman', this is the 3rd Malaysian student UK memoir I enjoyed. Maybe the authors know each other? Hmm...
Pelukis Jalanan also left me in a state of good feeling.
Truly motivational!
Nuruddin Azri
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
An above-average work by a young author of 20 years old. This book will be much richer if it can be condensed with more historical, philosophical and religious facts or references (even the author originally didn't intend to) so that it can satisfy a larger number of audiences.
Ali
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Studying overseas is not as easy or fun as other people usually thought it gonna be. there will be some challenges that the student will come across, I really like the Orange part, because it shows how realistic studying overboard can be.

Israeli are not to be trusted, they are dirtier than the drain
Amin Muhaimin
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is an inspiration. I was an architecture student & i know how it feels to be one. The environment & the challenges. Even we got something in common. The best part is i learned something from this book & I am working on it now. ...more
Mohammad Halid
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Worth reading to build up inspiration!
Nazurah  (nazooreads)
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i love this book. it is a light reading yet full of motivational stories. i finished it in a few hours which is weird cause i rarely do that. congrats Teme for writing from the heart. now im reading the second book of him, Arkitek Jalanan. cant wait to finish it and give my review later. pelukis jalanan is a must read book for every youth, high school and college students.
Ariza
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story of the beautiful struggles and what comes after.
The story of continuous hardwork, determination, patience, resourcefulness, grateful and faith.
The story of the power of act and to face the difficulties with solutions.

Simply inspiring.

Raudhah
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
very inspired... one day read
Ameera Zatynabiha
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've first heard about it was in Twitter. There was so many people retweeted reviews and tweets from the author itself on my timeline. It was all positive reviews. None were negative. I gotta say, i was skeptical of this book because i have never like any other motivational books. I'm not a fan reading books with facts and textbook like. I love to read things that have story line. So first time i saw it in the bookstore, i was curious. so i picked it up and go through it. But then, i thought its ...more
Ain  Romeli
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I encountered the author's Twitter by chance on the discover icon. Fascinated by his drawings and insightful captions, I hit the Follow button. Little did I know that he is an author of a book. I then discovered his Instagram and coincidentally found his book, sitting on my house's shelf ideally, purchased by my sister. It's a rare thing for me to finish reading a book in a sitting especially since nowadays I get so easily distracted but I did with this book. As I did with the second book as wel ...more
Hayati Hm
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I initially read this book because I missed UK so much!! Turns out, the book was such a page-turner that I have decided to read the other books by Teme.

As someone who has studied in the UK, I did find the story in 'Pelukis Jalanan' to be quite relatable. When I first read this book, I remember saying "finally someone made a book about the hardship of life in the UK!!" lol. This book is QUITE good that I have demanded my family and cousins to read it so that they can have a glimpse of how HARD l
Akmal Cikmat
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was always curious about the author as folks keep on telling me how good his books are and I finally managed to get the book on my hand during my visit to a book fair, 2 years after the book was first published. the content is good, the illustration is good too. in all fairness, this is the book if you are looking for something to keep you uplifted, the book where you could actually create an upgrade vision of life of yours because he wrote based on his experience. this is a book to improve yo ...more
Mealona
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5star
I usually don’t read this kind of book. But this author is among those I allowed to penetrate and fill the emptiness in my heart.

This book is very well, beautifully written and presented. Inspiring and motivating. For a person lacking believe in God like me, it kinda give a jump start and realization to what God and religion really is.

Spent my time reading it since 5am on 19th Aug till around 7.15am same day. Adding 30 minutes from the day before, it made this book among the fasters i ever rea
Hanis Amanina
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another level of survival when studying and living abroad. Overseas students usually portray the happiness side of their life, does not mean they don't encounter life challenges out there. Tears still drop sometime in between. But, to survive financially and emotionally just like how Teme have managed to do, I must say he is a very strong person. Read this book to explore the struggles and happiness within these 'tears'. :)
Aneff Bahrom
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a book about surviving when you have no one but your close friends and family.

Don't want to talk about how good or bad the book is, but (I think) Teme just wanted to share about his life, with a little bit of perencah, that everything happen for reasons.

He is determined just the way he is. Can be a reference book for those who are looking for motivations or inspirations. All in all, this is like a diary, I suppose?

P/S - His drawings are super cool!
Amal Jamal
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book that definitely took me back to the UK with the author’s narration about his life as a Malaysian student in London. It’s about perseverance and not wanting to lose faith in God’s way of writing our fate that make me like this book.

And oh, it’s based on a true story so this adds to the degree of empathy in me while reading. I just wish he would add more details about life there - because I just miss England!
Z_emerald
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book make me realize that I have to cherish everything that I have now. Fight for what I want, protect the people I love as well as love myself. Thank you Teme Abdullah for such an inspiring book. I manage to turn my friends to be one of your fans too after I share this book with them. I love your writing style, your story, your arts and your never ending motivation. Please keep writing and continue inspire people!
Nurul Amira
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book when I'm waiting for my turn to service my sister's car, and guess what? I able to finish reading this book for about 4 hours (which obviously a good record for myself). I love his writing style for his first baby. It's a simple storyline yet very impressive. My emotions turn up and down when I read this book. You can guess what will happened next when you flip to another pages. Nonetheless, it really worth to keep one copy of his first book! (Keep it up, Teme!)
Ajrabrar
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by teme abdullah before arkitek jalanan. One of my friends lend me the book and it's literally amazing! Such an inspiration book seriously. No love story no cliche part. For sure, so different from others. Only knowledge, wisdom, experiences and motivation! Totally love ittttt
Iffah Khafizi
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Before I read this book, I think that Teme is a lucky guy born in rich family that can support his education in London. And I also think that he is gifted with the skills in drawing. But I'm totally wrong! This book is all about his journey and experience while he is in London completing his degree. Fun to read!
Misuto Kyato
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finished this book in two and a half hours, it's very good! I bought this book last saturday, Actually i want to be an architecture too.. I wasn't sure at first.. But now i am! I know it's hard, but your book made me feel more confident! It taught md about the hardship of being in architecture course... Overall It's so good! Semoga terus berjaya abang Teme!

-CalonSPM2019-
Fara Yahaya
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love reading this book. I got to learn the reality and fantasy. When you got into a problem, you will see the problems in new or different perspective and you have to cope or adjust yourself to the problems. I read this book when I am in dilemma and got into problem. It heals me alot and makes me think about many things. Thank you for publishing this book. I will read the other books of yours.
Zuraidah Adnan
This is his first book.
Very simple but interesting story line bcos the author is telling us the ups and down and hardship he faced trying to earn a degree n survived in a foreign land with no scholarships or funding except his determination and will power to prove not only to himself and his family but also to friends n everyone back home that he can do it.
And yes he did!!
Syd Fikri
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this book serves me thousand reasons to stop giving up, i’m nearly disbelieved i could keep up with with all the differences i had, Teme’s books made me realize life isn’t a competition and what matters is you progress according to your pace and not by comparing how further you are than others. It gives me hopes and with this hopes i’ll fight for my life
Iz
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i have been study in architecture and i already drop out from the course because it was unbearable. The cost of stationaries and printing already give me headache. So i really can relate with Teme hardship from this book. Thanks to Teme motivational words from the book, now i starting to enjoy myself and your no 1 fan i guess.
Dzulfiqar
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Teme abdullah's writing changed my life in an exciting point of view.. and i think thats what makes it special from the beginning. from a guy that hates reading, now ive piled up my bookshelf with tons of it. And Teme Abdullah still stands the bestest books i have ever read. Semoga Allah sentiasa berkati teme amin
Umar Hakim
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply inspiring. When the author said that he wrote this from his heart, he was not kidding. Every single joy, pain and emotion written in this book can be felt by the reader themselves. This book can be finished in a few hours because you're always looking forward to how Teme gets through his ordeal.

When you're feeling down or in need of spirit, this is the book for you.
Sofia
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I read it like 3 years ago, but still remember how it made me feel. Theres parts that inspiring. But overall, its very light and not really touching me like it been advertised on twitter. For people who wanna start reading or looking for motivation to be a reader, id recommend this as your first book.
Wan rohani harun
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I am speechless. This is the second book of the night that I completed. The first one kinda disappoints me, but this book blew my mind. I want to give this book 5 million stars...

A book that could make me laugh, smile, think and cry at the same time - what more can I say? I love this book!
Farah Nasuha
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quite disappointing. I was expecting more actually since all the rave given. :/ Maybe your story was too short (?) But hey your story still enlighten me to work hard and believe in ourselves tho! Kuddos to your first book. Can't wait to read Arkitek Jalanan. 😊
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Semusim di Barzakh
  • Detour
  • GANTUNG
  • The Art of Letting God
  • Karma (Sekuel Novel Stigma)
  • Being A Quran Tag Girl

Siri Jalanan Teme (4 books)
  • Arkitek Jalanan