Start by marking “Curious George Visits the Zoo Book & Cassette” as Want to Read:
Curious George Visits the Zoo Book & Cassette

Curious George Visits the Zoo Book & Cassette (Curious George New Adventures)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  9,175 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
Published September 30th 1988 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published September 30th 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George Visits the Zoo Book & Cassette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George Visits the Zoo Book & Cassette

Hayley Laporte
Curious George goes to the zoo for the first time and there is a lot to see. He looks at all the animals. He also sees what all the people are doing. After a while he got hungry and found a man with a bucket of bananas. He took them and ran off towards the monkey cage. Once he got there he saw one of the monkeys had taken a kids balloon. George knew exactly what to do. He may have caused some problems but he knew how to save the day. Then him and the man with the yellow hat went home.
Curious Ge
Lindsi Porter
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eng-355
This is a book about a monkey named George who wants to go to the zoo. At the zoo he steals a pail of bananas and then is on his way to hide in the monkey cage when a monkeys steals a little boy’s balloon. George feeds bananas to the monkeys and retrieves the balloon for the little boy. I like this book because it follows the predictable Curious George plot line. George becomes curious about something and then gets into a little bit of a mess but ends up solving a problem. I think these books ar ...more
Morgan Hawkins
"Curious George Visits the Zoo" by Margret Rey was a cute little story about a silly monkey who went to the zoo. He saw the zoo keeper with a bucket of bananas after taking the bucket he decided that he should save the day for a little boy. He gives the bananas to the monkeys so that he can get the balloon back to the little boy. I think this is a great story for teaching children to do the right thing.
The illustrations were very clear and clean. If there had been no words in this book you woul
Angie
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Curious George and the man with the yellow hat visit the zoo. A hungry Curious George snatches a pail of bananas from the zoo keeper. Though he shouldn't have taken the bananas, George soon changes the zookeeper's shouts to praise with his clever, helpful ways."

My Review: This is a great book to read before or even after a visit to the Zoo. Munchkin enjoyed pointing out the animals that we had scene at the zoo. Of course George is such a classic lovable character that kids will love r
Diane
Better than most.

First Reading: 11 Mar 2015
Andria Davis
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a monkey named George who visits the zoo. While he is there, he caused some trouble.

I love Curious George books. The text is pretty easy, the pictures are simple but colorful, and the stories are always funny. Children like them because they know he's doing things he's not supposed to be doing in a way that is funny and not scary.

(Picture Book)
Brittany Quigley
George goes to the zoo and see many different kinds of animals
Brandon Kuether
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious George visits the zoo was another book that I remember from my childhood that was funny, entertaining and educational. This book shows many different animals, and even shows some of the kids some cool facts about them. For example, the book states "I see the giraffes, too. Their tall necks help them eat leaves from the tree-tops." The only reason that I didn't give this book five stars is because of the fact that George, yet again, goes against the rules without any consequences. This is ...more
Lindsi
Karen
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't like the premise of the original Curious George story, but I do like the stories that have come out of that premise. Before I started reading the book, I was afraid that George would end up in the monkey cage. He doesn't, and he even helps out a little boy who lost his balloon to the monkeys. My five-year-old son has no problem with Curious George. He sees George as a five-year-old boy who is really good at climbing. And that is why the stories work.

The illustrations, even in the first C
Gloria
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone; children's books
Antoinette
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a classic children's book.My children loved the Curious George series.This book teaches children about animals, and the funny things a monkey can do.He was also helpful when he got the balloon back from the monkey and gave it to the boy.The illustrations are interesting and animated.

Learning Experience: On www.pbskids.org the children can play an interactive game with Curious George.The children have to put his eyes, ears and nose in the coorect place on his face.We could also do a music
Brie B.
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: austin-s-books
My son loves George and zoo animals, so this book was great for him.
What I don't like about this book (and most Curious George books) is that the message to children is a little skewed. In this book, George steals something that isn't his and tries to hide, but because he did a separate, unrelated good deed, he never received consequences for his original, negative act. This happens in almost every book about George.
Of course these books are just fun, but kids learn patterns and ideas from the
Courtney
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 261
In this book, Curious George decides to visit the zoo. This zoo wasn’t an ordinary zoo, however. In this zoo, all of the animals were able to freely roam wherever they wanted to. Being a monkey, Curious George finds it necessary to join the other animals and have a little fun with them. George finds new friends and eventually helps a Rhino who is very sad on his birthday. George brought the Rhino out to hang out with the other animals and they have a good time. Curious George saved the day and m ...more
Beth
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book, and it came with a Kangaroo. My daughter was so excited to have a new book, and a friend to listen with her. I love the size of. the books, great for 8 month old daughter and her attention span. The illistrations are wonderful, lots of different things to point out while reading.my daughter who loved that George is ornery, but saves the day. All in all we love it and have read it a few times.
Teri
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had never read the Curious George books. This was a very cute story. Very vibrant illustrations. Especially of the man in the yellow hat;) I find him very interesting, he who is not named;) I found 3 different Curious George books that are currently being sold at the Kohls closest to me, for the Kohls Cares program. The books are hardcover and are $5.00 each.
Kelli Bratten
Sep 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ece-3601
Curious George is always a favorite! I used this when my kindergarten class was focusing on the letter z for the week. I also tied in their recent lesson on living and non-living things. They can also enjoy movement if you have them move or make noises like the animals in the story. They can then write a story about a trip to the zoo and different animals they see along the way.
Diana
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This naughty little monkey always seems to get rewarded even though he breaks the rules. I don't understand. I love trips to the zoo, but unruly monkey-children need to learn lessons about respect. I guess I'm just not a fan of Curious George.

On a happy note, the pictures were cheerful and the few animal facts at the end were interesting.
Carla Vazquez
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lexile 530

George and the man with the yellow hat are the main characters.The story takes place in the zoo where George ends up saving a little boys balloon. Even though it was bad that he stole a pail of bananas because he was hungry, he did up helping someone out. it is a good book to read with the kids and has good pictures. Overall, a good classic book to read.
Tristan Doane
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The little monkey and his companion, the man with the yellow hat, goes to the zoo and looks at all the different animals who call it home. And of course Curious George will get into trouble along the way.
Aletha Medina
Jul 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

This was a good bed time story for my granddaughters. I enjoyed reading and the enjoyed listening. Curious George is always a good read for the granddaughters since they watch him on television also
Molly Schoonover
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book truly introduces great story telling to children. It has a clear climax and ending, which is great, and gets children excited for visitin the zoo. What I love most about this book, however, is that it shows how it is good for us to do good deeds and help others.
Katie Roberts
Curious George and the man in the yellow hat go on a visit to the zoo. George steals a pail of bananas and the zookeeper becomes very upset with him. However, George is quickly able to help out and save the day for the zoo.
Raelene
Jul 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Not quite as good as other Curious George books - I like the ones adapted from the animated series less, in fact. This story is a bit contrived and not nearly as exciting as a visit to the zoo could/should be.
Breana Vining
Jan 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
As curious as George may seem, he always finds his way to be adventurous, hence his name. In this book, he helps a little boy get his balloon back and "saves the day." It teaches children how to be friendly to others.
Lexi
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: curious-george
George and the man in the yellow hat go to the zoo, where George snatches a bucket of banana's. He knows he shouldn't have done it, but ends up getting the zoo keeper to praise him through his clever ways.
Kandra
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book for all ages

The book not only tells a story it also explains somethings about the animals. It just long enough to keep a 2 year-old interested. Good book for anyone who likes Curious George.
Kelsey Scherer
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious George is at it again! He visits the zoo with the man in the yellow hat and ventures out on his own. George again gets into mischeif but has a lot of fun while doing so. An excellent series to have in the classroom.
Mackenzie Rodeghier
Curious George books are always a fun read! This little monkey and his antics are very entertaining for readers, but his endeavors also teach readers a moral lesson as well. The story is short and easy to read, it would be a great book to use with beginning readers!
  • Arthur Writes a Story (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Curious George and the Rocket
  • Calling Doctor Amelia Bedelia
  • Tooth Trouble
  • Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford)
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day
  • Just a Mess (Little Critter)
  • The Frog and Toad Treasury: Frog and Toad are Friends/Frog and Toad Together/Frog and Toad All Year  (Frog and Toad #1-3)
  • Biscuit Takes a Walk
  • Morris Goes to School
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium