Start by marking “The Labyrinthians” as Want to Read:
The Labyrinthians

Read Book

The Labyrinthians

When Kimberley's father loses his job and it looks like her whole family will be homeless, a mysterious old benefactor saves them by leaving his 'mansion' to them in his will. However, their new house, with it's history of spooky happenings and disappearances, is not all it seems. When Kim's little brother goes missing, it's up to Kim and her new friend, Nate, to find him. ...more
Published February 27th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Labyrinthians, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Labyrinthians

Start your review of The Labyrinthians
Holly Noelle
Apr 08, 2016 marked it as to-read
Ummm....this storyline sounds oddly similar to a movie that came out in 2001.

description

I have not read this yet, so I don't know for sure, but if you put the plot of this next to the back cover of Thir13en Ghosts, I think it's safe to say it sounds a tad familiar.

Hmm. To be determined.
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
I ended up enjoying this young adult read so much more than I thought I would! Kimberly’s Dad has lost his job, and almost like a sign from the heavens, her adopted mother receives news that they are inheriting a “mansion” from some uncle or cousin that no one knew anything about. Upon arriving at their new home they find a dilapidated farm house, nothing to suggest this is the same mansion referred to by the lawyer who gave them the news of their inheritance from their super rich relative. Noth ...more
Taylor
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, favorites
"I felt as though I was at the bottom of a mountain, knowing I had to reach the top, but only a couple of footsteps into the journey."
You know those escape room games where you can go and get locked in and have to find your way out by using different things in the room to solve riddles and puzzles? Well, that is basically the entire construct of this book. But that's what made it fun and unique to me, I've never read anything like this before.

As a person who loves this sort of stuff (I'm a
Beautifulday4makeup The-book-and-Me
I received the ebook in exchange for an honest review

I didn't know what to expect from this book, because NA normally is less of a favorite of mine. I didn't have a feeling of NA with this book though. It was a big surprising adventure which was quick paced and well written. I really loved reading it!
Andrée-ann
This book was a thrill.

It was better than expected and I loved every pages of it.

Plot: Kim is 17 and live with her foster parents. She has a 10 years old little brother, Elliote, who is also adopted and a 17 years old foster brother, Nate. Nate his the new addition (3 months) to the family and spent all that time reading in is room and ignoring Kim. Now, after her foster father as lost his job and money become a problem. Out of now where, Kim's foster mom receive a inheritance from a distant fa
Doreen
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, read-in-2017
The first chapter of this book reads like (yawn) another YA novel about adopted children and their hangups, but just persevere beyond this stage and you will be pleasantly surprised. The plot takes a complete left turn and events will have you turning the pages trying to work out what will happen next. Recommended.
Dee Kalafus
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the most enjoyable couple of hours I've spent reading in a while. Very enjoyable book!!! ...more
Kit (Metaphors and Moonlight)
3.5 Stars

Full Review:
*I received a free ecopy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

This book was pretty different from my normal preference, which is making it difficult for me to rate, but I was in the mood for something with a kind of twisty, adventure-ish, interesting plot, and this one satisfied my craving nicely.

This was a premise and plot-driven book; the focus on the labyrinth and all its crazy rooms and deadly puzzles. And though I normally prefer character-driven
Jantine
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I received a free copy through Netgalley, in return for an honest review.

I effing loved this book! The characters are strong and caring, and they develop through the story. There is some love interest going on, but not very much, and on a great pace; just two teenagers who get to know each other - the real each other - better throughout events, and who seem to like each other, but who don't overhaste things in the 'oh, who cares'-way I sometimes see in this kind of story. They care, and they kno
Alison Motherwell
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Tom and Laura opened their home to adopt 2 new members to their family, after 13 years they take in another boy but then everything starts to go wrong. Tom is made redundant and struggles to find work things look to be turning around when a distant relative dies and leaves behind an estate for the family to move into. As always things are never as good as they seem, they arrive at the would be mansion which turns out to be more of
Christina
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD! this book was fantastic! I didn't know what to expect tbh. I actually thought it will turn out in finding a lot of history about the mansion xD boy was I wrong. I got super super excited at the first Video from Ezra and the explanation! At first I was like : omg omg omg I want to be a Labyrinthian too - so cool solving puzzles yaaay!

Yeah not happening I'm taking this back, because I would have probably died right away haha!

We get some backstories of the main characters but I think t
Melanie Thompson
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Kimberley's family moves to a strange old house bequeathed to them by a mysterious family member. It is in the rural countryside, far from all that Kimberley knows and she is rather disappointed by its shabby appearance. The first night int he house her little brother, Elliott disappears and while searching for him Kim and Nate, the teen foster child who is staying with the family, get locked int he same maze Elliott is trapped wit ...more
Ashley Urquhart
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
You guys have all seen those escape rooms popping up all over the place, right? You pay money to get locked in a room, and then you have to solve puzzles to get out–often you’re timed. Well, this book takes that idea to the EXTREME. I liked the idea of it…but I think a novel isn’t the right format exactly. The reader only sees what the author describes to us so there’s no way that the reader can try to solve the puzzles before the protagonists. It casts the reader in a very passive role as oppos ...more
Desleen
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Clever storyline.
When a financially struggling family inherits a mansion, they relocate without taking a first look at it. Upon arrival behind the moving van, they discover it isn’t a mansion, but an old farm house needing some attention.
Then 10-year-old Elliott goes missing one morning leaving his sister Kimberly and new family member Nate, to search the house while everyone else searches the surrounding woods. They discover a doorway behind a bookcase that leads them to a strange room.
And s
Emily (Infinite Lives, Infinite Stories)
NetGalley Review
It is incredibly difficult to write a book composed primarily of clever puzzles and riddles. I am very interested to find out what will happen in the next book. I thought the concept of a couple of teenagers and a child wandering around a maze was a little far-fetched at first. I was intrigued to find out how they managed to find themselves in that situation. For the most part, the entire story keeps a steady pace. There is action, suspense, and a dash of romance. J. A. Armitage'
Simone
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a free read as long as I provided a review. A story of a family who move into a inherited home. Two adopted and one fostered child are about to embark on a journey they did not expect. As the youngest child goes missing the eldest two begin a search for him and encounter a roller coaster of journey by having to solve puzzles in order to move to the next phase. A gripping story and a page turner. My only criticism is the author portrayal of the youngest child. Armitage pens Elliott as an ...more
Marcos Pestana
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Before reading it I had high expectations and finally it was worth it!
An adventure from beginning till end, full of puzzles to solve, a lot of mystery, and bit by bit you get to know the characters story which enriches the way the story is told.
It look a lot of imagination from the author to create so many different puzzles and give them a sense altogether.
I won't spoil you with details, the best thing is really to read it, a very addicting and thrilling story which continues on book 2 and 3!
I'm
Edye
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was a decent read. The plot had me sucked in from the first page, but after about 40 pages it began to get a little dull; then it would get interesting again... etc. The story was intriguing to read and the author was very good at describing the "maze." The characters were pretty likable as well. This is part of a series and I doubt I'll read book #2. Not a bad book at all! It just didn't WOW me like I was hoping.

*I received a free E-copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my
Jay
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
It took me a while to decide how to rate this book. On one hand, I really liked the characters, the book's premise was very interesting and J.A. Armitage's writing is flawless. But on the other hand, going from room to room was a little tedious at times as I didn't get much satisfaction from the characters explaining the puzzles to me! I think this idea would work better as an actual game, rather than a book.

Overall, it was a fast-paced, well written book that I would recommend to people who li
Rachel Hales
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book as a giveaway prize through Goodreads. I am not being paid to write this review.
I felt that at times this book was naively written and there were moments when I felt the characters acted older than their ages. That aside, the plot was entertaining and intriguing and I do intend of finishing reading this series because it did catch my attention.
Sam Kendall
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, kept u reading to find out if they made it out of the trials and find what they were looking for, great twists and turns can't wait for book 2 ...more
Brianna Mace
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! Can't wait for book #2! ...more
Neville Wienhoff
rated it did not like it
Apr 18, 2021
Maris Angulo
Apr 12, 2021
Grayce Granville
May 31, 2021

• Frost (The Frost Chronicles, #1)
  • Heart of Dragons (Chronicles of Pelenor, #1)
  • Murder at Archly Manor (High Society Lady Detective #1)
  • Murder at Blackburn Hall (High Society Lady Detective #2)
  • Dark Forest - Living a Book: Living a Book - Enhancing your reading experience.
  • The Pack Runner
  • The Maze Runner Trivia Quiz Book: How Much Do You Know it All About the Critically Acclaimed Series? (Know-It-All Trivia Quiz Book Series)
  • The Egyptian Antiquities Murder (High Society Lady Detective,  #3)
  • Drops of Gold (The Jonquil Brothers #2)
  • A Beautiful Curse (Entwined Tales, #4)
  • How to Analyze People: The Complete Psychologist’s Guide to Speed Reading People – Analyze and Influence Anyone through Human Behavior Psychology, Analysis ... SKILLS,DARK PSYCHOLOGY,SEDUCTION)
  • Murder in Black Tie (High Society Lady Detective, #4)
  • Call of Kuyr (The Secret Library, #2)
  • A New Keeper (The Secret Library, #1)
  • Cinderella and the Colonel (Timeless Fairy Tales, #3)
  • Embittered (King Arthur and Her Knights, #3)
  • Enchanted (King Arthur and Her Knights, #2)
  • Enlighten (King Arthur and Her Knights, #5)
Born in Leeds, I lived a very normal life until I got bored one day and decided to travel the world. Since then I've worked on a Banana Plantation, cleaned ACDC's dressing room and been a professional clown.
I climbed to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and the top of Kilimanjaro. Nowadays you'll find me being a climbing frame for my two young children, working in a school, and renovating my home.
Did