Start by marking “The Mistress Manual: The Good Girl's Guide to Female Dominance” as Want to Read:
The Mistress Manual: The Good Girl's Guide to Female Dominance

The Mistress Manual: The Good Girl's Guide to Female Dominance

Are you the Nursemaid, the Governess, the Queen, the Amazon, the Goddess? How many things can you think of to do with your hairbrush besides brushing your hair? Does the idea of your man washing dishes in the nude inspire thoughts of more than clean dishes? Then this is the book for you. The brainchild of an experienced and wickedly creative dominant woman, The Mistress Ma ...more
Published June 15th 2000 by Greenery Press (CA) (first published February 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Mistress Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mistress Manual

Start your review of The Mistress Manual: The Good Girl's Guide to Female Dominance
j
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The best book on Femdom I've ever read, for sure, and one of the best on BDSM.

Folks will probably say that this book is too specific - that it's heteronormative and focuses on too narrow a subculture of D/s. (Femdom IS heteronormative - that's kinda the point, that it relies on gender roles and archetypes in order to subvert them.) Me, I personally appreciate that Mistress Lorelei isn't trying to write about anything she hasn't tried extensively herself, and I find pretty much all the things sh
Cheryl Walters
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I, myself, have explored the possibility of being a domestic dominant mistress and my husband loved the experience, to say the least! This book can be very helpful to couples looking to add more than just a dash of spice to their sex life as well as to women who are eager to discover and experience the intoxicating power that she can wield over men, or maybe even other women, using sex and her own sexuality. For the curious, the book will certainly make you want to take more than just a peak int ...more
House Hesson
Aug 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed
Domestic Discipline is a more roleplay and fantasy oriented form of D/s, usually involving a female Dominant and male submissive but with the possibility of a female submissive. I could see two femme men adopting the practices, too, but the book doesn't cover that - the author strictly entrenches this school of Dominance in feminine superiority, or at least the perception of such in the mind of the submissive.

Two full chapters are devoted to her treatise on this feminine superiority, which hones
Leandra Vane
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. This author has such a strong voice and the pacing is great. The information is concise and useful. Highly recommend to those looking for a healthy introduction to female dominance.

For a more detailed review please visit the post I wrote for this book on my blog The Unlaced Librarian: www.theunlacedlibrarian.com/blog/bdsm...
Lauri
Dec 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kink
Excellent, comprehensible, enlightening read. Lots of concrete ideas for any budding Mistress. LOVE the panty cocktail!
Rebecca N. McKinnon
As my two star rating says, it was ok.

Honestly, I don't even know if I can consider this book finished. I read it out of order and skimmed some sections, picking it up and setting it down over the course of a year. But I just can't read it anymore, so it's as finished as it's going to get. I wish I wasn't so blegh about this book; it started out so good. I highlighted many quotables in the first chapter. But it just got...troublesome, for me, personally.

If you're just curious about BDSM play an
Pearl O'Leslie
You could do a lot worse than "The Mistress Manual" for a novice female dominant, and it certainly does what it implies, which is giving you the tools to take on the role of a dominatrix.

However, the challenge with any such product is that there's a definite separation between being a dominant who happens to be incidentally female, and the whole Mistress Domina shtick.

So this is a good book for seeming sexy to the average man who identifies as or has submissive fantasies, or for a woman who wan
Donna Tallent
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was very well written and full of information, techniques, things to try. I especially appreciated that it covered the side of married woman who have a submissive as well as single woman looking for a submissive male. What brought this down from a 5 star was that I had hoped this book would go into what a woman wants in a submissive man. This book seems to be more what a man looks looks for in a dominant woman. As both sides being important in a dom-sub relationship, it would've been n ...more
Dawn
Feb 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Well written for a variety of different women who wish to explore this aspect of their personality, including those who don't feel naturally dominant.

It's also possible to skip some parts and just read the bits that appeal to you, although ultimately I read the entire book, some parts several times and still reading.

It's a good introduction, however if it sparks a deeper interest you may wish to indulge in further research...I can't recommend anything yet but will review when read
Suellen
Feb 14, 2011 rated it liked it
A good basic primer for the would-be Mistress. I did, however, think that it was presumptuous to assume that the coupling would always be Female/male when there are plenty of lesbian Domme/sub relationships. I also had difficulty relating to some of the Domme/sub archetypes presented, but that is to be expected with the subjective nature of sexuality.
Kristy
Apr 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was wildly misogynistic for being a manual of feminine power. It had a lot of good suggestions for entertaining 5 different kinds of fantasies and variations therein, but had an incredibly antiquated view of the how to flip the script. If you need ideas for role play, it's got a few of those. If you want to learn how to be a fem dom, move along.
Kate Vassar
Oct 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, nonfiction
Very enjoyable read, but very much... not what I'm familiar with. The author says she comes from the Domestic Discipline community, and I'm more of a BDSMer. Nevertheless, lots of interesting and useful stuff.
Nicole
Mar 17, 2008 rated it liked it
rawr.
Gloria
Mar 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
It is a good book for those that want to "play". I tis a fairly funny book for those in the lifestyle
Naydi
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Opened my eyes and mind to so many things. A good start for the questioning domme.
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A book that clearly illuminates the reasons for studying the Female Archetypes, and how they can be integrated into your sex life.
Emme
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Useful book for the Female Domme. It has great scene ideas. And it's a good one to give to a newbie Domme.
C. Calyptratus
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm, femdom
Didn't find anything new or too interesting.
Leslie
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's so good I'm reading it again and using it for reference
Lisa
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa by: Jenny
It's a great beginner book. I got what I needed out of it.
Wendy
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
very good if new to being a domme
Lauryn
Mar 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
The way this book was advertised made me think it was about something totally different. It's great for the niche topic but i wasted my money thinking it was about something else
Holly GoLightly
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first time I encountered The Mistress Manual by Mistress Lorelei Powers was very early in my kink journey. I considered Myself a switch at best and balked when My friend loaned Me her copy, handing it to me with a knowing look and "You need to read this." I read through it, wondering why I needed this book, how it applied to Me, marveling at the different archetypes ("What's an archetype?" and "There's more than one?!"), wondering why I would even want to create a submissive male.

Now, just
Princess  Pottymouth
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
For a venue so accepting of various kinks, this book was very presumptive in many aspects. I gleaned a few good tidbits from this one, some good ideas of possible scenarios, but this very much skimmed the surface for me.
C.J.
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A small book helpful for the dominant woman in a female led relationship or power exchange dynamic.
Denise Wilson
Excellent book when on the path to finding your way in the world of Dominatrix and female empowerment.
tinyteaplots
Good, interesting read...though it really serves to drive home the point that I am not meant to be anyone's Domme. I'm much happier as my sub self 😋
May Su
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent primer for anyone who wants to explore FemDom: practical advice on spanking and roleplaying D/s archetypes to riff on.
Stephanie Rosado
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: as-an-adult
I only read this cause I found it and I was bored, but it was very informative
Janelle
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Decent/Simple

Simple and to the point. Nothing to descriptive. General beginner knowledge. A good first book for BDSM. If you want to dive into bondage or flogging etc.. further reasinf and education definitely necessary

• Femdom for Nice Girls: A Self-Guided Manual for the Caring Mistress
  • The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
  • The New Topping Book
  • The New Bottoming Book
  • Beauty's Release (Sleeping Beauty, #3)
  • Edgeplay (Goode Pain 1)
  • No One But Us
  • Conquer Me: Girl-To-Girl Wisdom About Fulfilling Your Submissive Desires
  • Sacred Kink
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • The Henchmen of Zenda
  • The Hesitant Mistress
  • Christmas in the City
  • The Art Of Sensual Female Dominance: A Guide for Women
  • Futa's Naughty Toys (Naughty Futa Shop 1): (A Futa-on-Female, Taboo, MILF, First Time Erotica)
  • Logging Off
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • The Minimalist Budget: A Practical Guide on How to Save Money, Spend Less and Live More with a Minimalist Lifestyle