Start by marking “The Oxygen Murder (Periodic Table, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Oxygen Murder (Periodic Table, #8)

The Oxygen Murder (Periodic Table #8)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  112 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
New York City welcomes Gloria Lamerino and her husband, homicide detective Matt Gennaro, in The Oxygen Murder, the eighth installment in Camille Minichino's acclaimed Periodic Table Mystery series.

Gloria and her best friends, Rose and Frank Galigani, are on vacation in the Big Apple. They plan to visit Matt's niece Lori Pizzano, a documentary filmmaker, and enjoy the holid
Published August 22nd 2006 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about The Oxygen Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Oxygen Murder

Anastasia
The Oxygen Murder by Camille Minichino is the 8th book in the Periodic Table Mystery series. Police scientific consultant, Gloria Lamerino is visiting New York with her friend Rose while her husband Matt attends a NYPD conference. Matt's nice, Lori Pizzano is shooting a documentary on ozone and while visiting her, Gloria comes across Lori's room-mate and camera woman's body. An interesting mystery although Gloria is out of her element in New York and comes across as meddling rather than being he ...more
Lisa
Aug 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Not as good as some of the earlier books in the series, but the author has a nice twist on the mystery genre. I just got tired of reading, over and over, about Gloria's obsession with physics and her best friend's obsession with shopping. Those replays probably added 100 pages to the book.
Lindig
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, unfinished
I like science. I like women protagonists. But I'm disappointed in this series. This is the second I've tried and I can't understand this woman's reactions to anything that happens. Bafflement.
Megan
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I end up having mixed feelings about a lot of these books. For example, in this one our fearless detective has gone so far out of the bounds of duty to discover the mystery we start fearing for her sanity (or ours, for reading books that are so contrived). But then it gets balanced out by a pleasure in a change of scene, and change of characters. (And then gets canceled by the unfortunate resolution.)

I think if you keep these books in perspective they have something to offer, but lets not expec
Rachel Kramer Bussel
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the first of the periodic table mysteries I've read, and I love it. I live in New York and thought Minichino did an excellent job with the setting, providing lots of details and contrasting Gloria, with her scientific mindset, and her more historical and fashion oriented friend Rose. I know nothing about ozone, which is at the heart of this mystery, so appreciated the lessons embedded in this tale of blackmail and intrigue. The clues were deftly spread out and focused on all the senses. ...more
Linda
Nov 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Once again, Dr. Gloria Lamerino gets involved in a case of science and murder.

This time, she and her husband, Matt Gennaro, are vacationing in New York city, and the subject is ozone, an allotrope of Oxygen that is "good up high, bad nearby." Matt's niece, Lori Pizzano, is filming a documentary about the companies who are violating government regulations about the acrid-smelling stuff when, unexpectedly, her camerawoman, Amber Keenan, is found dying on the floor of Lori's loft apartment ...
Scilla
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Retired physicist, Gloria Lamerino and her husband, Matt Gennaro, a homicide detective in Revere, MA are in NYC for a police conference. Gloria goes to Matt's niece Lori Pizzanno's apartment to return her glasses, and finds a dying woman. Lori is making a documentary about ozone, and is concerned about local companies who don't follow the letter of the law. Gloria insists on snooping to find the guilty parties.
Barb
Aug 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
i learned there are special mysteries, even for science nerds. not much action, but they passed the time for me. i read several in the series (blame insomnia) - each has an element in the title!
Pam
Kind of boring.
Mary Ann
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
I learned about O3 and read a good story.
Loretta
Aug 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
By our dear family friend Camille. A fun mystery set in NY :-)
Toni
Oct 22, 2013
Margaret Batchelder
Jul 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Camille has 2 pseudonyms: MARGARET GRACE and ADA MADISON.
More about Camille Minichino

Periodic Table (9 books)
  • The Hydrogen Murder (Periodic Table, #1)
  • The Helium Murder (Periodic Table, #2)
  • The Lithium Murder (Periodic Table, #3)
  • The Beryllium Murder (Periodic Table, #4)
  • The Boric Acid Murder (Periodic Table, #5)
  • The Carbon Murder (Periodic Table, #6)
  • The Nitrogen Murder (Periodic Table, #7)
  • The Neon Ornaments