Jump to ratings and reviews

The Six #2.5

Relevance

Relevance

The noun form of the adjective “relevant”.

Meaning “important to the matter at hand”.

Secretly located in the tunnels under Chicago’s city streets, Cole Enterprise is home to a group of trained soldiers. Jake Aceton is their newest acquisition. Recruited from boot camp before graduation after being handpicked by Grant Jackson, Jake is plunged into the mysterious underground world, forever changing his life.

Regardless of his relevance to Cole Enterprise, Jake has a hard time looking past all he has to give up. Can he learn to live in his own shadow in order to protect those he loves?

Published March 21, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sonya Loveday

18 books428 followers
Sonya Loveday is a full time author. Mother of two teenagers. Wife to an amazing husband of 20 years. Coffee addicted Night Owl. Life is her muse. Words are her outlet.
Sonya is a multi-genre writer with two completed series. Her books, while in different genres, entertain you with stories of romance and friendship. Currently, she lives in Central Florida and has just completed her fourteenth novel, Outcast Like Me.

Books By Sonya Loveday

The Six Series:
The Summer I Fell (Book 1)
End Note (Book 2)
Relevance (Book 2.5)
If Ever I Fall (Book 3)
The Vows We Make (Book 4)
Under Northern Lights (Book 5)
A Very Merry Sixmas (Book 6)

The Casted Series:
Casted (Book 1)
Spelled (Book 2)
The Casted Series Boxed Set

Books Co-Written By Sonya Loveday
Game of Hearts Novels:
Love Always (Book 1)
Runaway Heart (Book 2)
When Two Hearts Collide (Book 3)
Game of Hearts Novels Boxed Set

Contemporary Standalone:
What it Takes (A Dirt Road Romance)

Young Adult Standalone:
Outcast Like Me - Coming 9/21/18

You can find Sonya here:
www.facebook.com/sonyalovedayauthor
www.twitter.com/sonyaloveday

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 star
2 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 8 of 8 reviews
March 20, 2016
I was asked by the author if I would like an ARC of this novella, and I of course said yes! I loved the other books in the series when I read them, so I was looking forward to reading this novella! When I started this novella and read the synopsis, I was a little confused as to where it fitted in with the other books in the series, but I was still able to follow it and it made more sense the further I got through it! I should probably have did a re-read of the series before reading this novella though and I would maybe recommend this to anyone before they read this novella! This novella was brilliant though! It only took me one sitting to read because of the length of it, but it had a lot in it and I found myself having to read every word to make sure that I didn't miss anything lol! It fitted in with the other books in the series perfectly and it filled in a lot of gaps that were unanswered! I would have maybe liked a bit more action and suspense, but there was plenty of romance, which I loved! The characters were also again amazing and kick-ass! Jake 'Ace' was the main character, and he was also the main male character in the first book in this series, The Summer I Fell! This novella was all about filling in the gaps between the first and second book in the series to lead into the third book, so I could understand why Ace was the main character! Being able to go inside Ace's head was amazing! He was such a genuine guy that had his life turned around! He was training to go into the army, but was then placed in Cole Enterprise, which was an organisation he didn't quite understand! I loved Ace in this novella too! He questioned things and he was kick-ass! I loved him with his love interest, Riley, too! Riley was again the love interest of Ace, and I was really excited that she made a lot of appearances in this novella! I loved Riley in her book, so I was really happy that she was back in this novella! I also loved that a lot of main and secondary characters from the other books in the series made a lot of appearances in this book! They added a lot to the plot and they all played vital roles in this novella, so I loved that the majority of them were in it! As I said, this novella was only written from Ace's point of view! While I could understand this, it would have been really interesting to have went inside more characters heads and not just stayed in Ace's, but I could completely understand why the author did! I also can't wait to read the next book in this series! I've loved the other books, so I can't wait to see what's going to happen next and who the main characters are going to be in the next book! Well, I'm assuming there's going to be more books lol! This novella was also the perfect addition to the series and it definitely filled in all the gaps! The cover for this book is also stunning! It suits the book perfectly and it suits the other books in the series perfectly too! I loved it as soon as I saw it and I love that it says Ace in the title! It's really cool! Big thank you to Sonya for an ARC of Relevance!
Profile Image for Rittwolf.
172 reviews
February 7, 2017
Oh my gosh you guys, this story is so good!
I'll update with a full review on release day.
UPDATE:
Relevance is a novella in The Six Series that falls between End Note and If Ever I Fall. This book fills us in on what happened to Ace after he left for boot camp. I was very happy with the way this book addressed all of the unanswered questions that I still had after reading the first two books. As with the other books in this series, I found myself laughing out loud, biting my lip in anticipation, and even tearing up. Relevance is a wonderful addition to The Six Series and I highly recommend you add it to your collection if you haven’t already.
26 reviews
December 15, 2017
Amazing book!

Wow! To be able to read how it was affecting Ace was unbelievable. You could really understand how he felt when he joined Cole Enterprises and everything he went through. And how in the end he got to be with his love.
Profile Image for Kimhe Rockchicks.
946 reviews45 followers
April 24, 2022
Finally get Ace's POV. He's definitely my favourite of the six and I love him and Riley as a couple. An emotional beautiful read.
Profile Image for Emma Star Crossed Reviews .
936 reviews239 followers
December 11, 2016
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews

Thank you to Sonya for giving me a copy of this book. I love this series so I was so excited to read this novella.

This book focuses on Ace. It fills in all the gaps between books one and two. It shows what happens to Ace once he leaves Riley and the rest of the Six.

Ace is at boot camp when Jared's father turns up to recruit him for Cole Enterprise. I really enjoyed this book. It was really great to get into Ace's head and see the story from his point of view.

I can't wait to read the fourth book in this series.

Profile Image for Roxanne Kade.
Author 2 books69 followers
March 22, 2016
When Sonya Loveday reached out to me for a review of this novella, I was super excited. Ace stole my heart in The Summer I Fell, and even though each of the Six has a special place in my heart, he will always be my number one Six book boyfriend. So, of course, I couldn't wait to get more of him.

Although, from reading the other books in the series, I know how things went after the end of The Summer I Fell, I will never forget the devastation I felt at the end of that book. The emotions were overwhelming and really tore into my soul. It was great to be able to piece together everything, and in some ways this novella offered closure. The last chapter in this book being the perfect ending to Ace and Riley's story. It gave me blissful goosebumps, and even had me tearing up a little...okay, okay, a lot!

After reading the books in this series, being privy to the inner most thoughts and feelings of these amazing characters, and walking alongside them as they found their place in this strange new life, they feel like family. Loveday breaths life into each and every one of her characters, making them relatable and loveable, and I cannot wait for more.
Profile Image for Christie.
182 reviews1 follower
March 29, 2016
It kills me to say this, but I didn't love it. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Six series and every member of the group, however this book was more of just a time filler for me while I anxiously wait for the next book in the series. Which I think is my problem, I was so excited for the next book that a novella didn't satisfy me.

I loved learning more about Ace and Riley, however I was a bit confused at times during the novella. I think it's because I read The Summer I Fell at least a year ago, and therefore I should have reread before starting this in order to fully understand and move on with the story. It was well written and connected a lot of dots, but did end rather abruptly in my opinion.

It did help me get my fix of the Six while I continue to anxiously await for the next book in the series.
Profile Image for Cassie.
270 reviews14 followers
March 21, 2016
Ace has spoken

It was extremely fulfilling to go further in depth of Cole Enterprises in this novella. I can remember freaking out about ending The Summer I Fell and needing to know about Ace and to have his side of the story now has been great.

Displaying 1 - 8 of 8 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.