Start by marking “The Secret History of Twin Peaks” as Want to Read:
The Secret History of Twin Peaks

The Secret History of Twin Peaks (Twin Peaks #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  6,279 Ratings  ·  843 Reviews
From the co-creator of the landmark television series Twin Peaks comes a novel that deepens the mysteries of that iconic town in ways that not only enrich the original series but readies fans for the upcoming Showtime episodes.
Published October 18th 2016 by Flatiron Books

To ask other readers questions about The Secret History of Twin Peaks, please sign up.

aprilholic If you still plan on watching the show after the book, I recommend you stop reading what's after pg. 323 which revealed the cause of the death of…moreIf you still plan on watching the show after the book, I recommend you stop reading what's after pg. 323 which revealed the cause of the death of Laura Palmer.(less)

FanboyBen
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: twin-peaks
Diane, it’s 8:43 p.m. on May the 22, and I have just completed what I believe to be a monumental and not insignificant undertaking: over the course of the last 10 days, I have successfully devoured all 30 episodes of the original “Twin Peaks” show, survived the bleak terror that is “Fire Walk with Me,” consumed all four episodes of Showtime’s new season, and now–last, but certainly not least–I have dissected all 368 fascinating pages of Mark Frost’s “The Secret History of Twin Peaks.”

Diane, whi
karen
Nov 05, 2016 marked it as to-read
i STILL haven't sat down with this book for any length of time, but i HAVE made a glorious endcap:

photo IMG_0922_zpspnawvena.jpg
and now the funkos have arrived!!

photo IMG_1747_zpsxuojxpid.jpg

come and get 'em!

***********************************************
i rarely get book-schwag, but when i do, i am over the moon with gratitude...

photo IMG_7768_zpsphiyckcm.jpg

photo IMG_7769_zpsjsbr6vj0.jpg

photo IMG_7770_zpswxl9a9d9.jpg

super-excited to dive into this one, and i cannot WAIT for the new episodes - EEEEEEEEEE

HFK
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
The Secret History of Twin Peaks is a difficult book to review as you can hardly give anything away without spoiling it, but at the same time you don't really need to be a Twin Peaks fan, or even familiar with the TV-show, to get some good time out of it.

My first problem is that it has been awhile since I re-watched this hit show, and there is quite a much elements that would have probably worked (and been easier to confirm or more well-thought) better in a sense of getting in the proper mood to
Paquita Maria Sanchez
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: literature
Do not read this if you have yet to watch the first two seasons of Twin Peaks. Oh, you know why I get to put it that way? Because there's gonna be a third! Wheeeeeee!!! Anyway, warned.

photo 0826c6a5-ebc0-493c-a6d2-e6ce1b52336e_zps5zbrtp9b.png

Well, as fun as it was returning to Twin Peaks, this book contains some grievous errors*, and a little too much emphasis on the UFO side of things for my taste. However, we do get to:

1) learn who (if anyone) lived and who (if anyone) died in the bank vault explosion (Andrew Packard? Audrey Horne? Pete Martell? R
Craig
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Not only is the book a beautiful design, but the story takes the reader deeper into the (his)story of Twin Peaks and its inhabitants, as well as into the history of the United States. Thematically, one particular highlight was the "amending" of Season 2 elements. Where Season 2 went off the rails, this book fills in some gaping holes there which make for a much more cohesive view of those elements within the larger Twin Peaks mythology. Additionally, the complexity of this text is startling: at ...more
El
Jun 06, 2016 marked it as to-read
PUT THIS IN MY HANDS, STAT.
Andrew
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off a few ground rules - Twin Peaks was required viewing while I studied at university. I loved the first series, got confused by the second and lost the plot with the film. Okay that was a rather over simplification but you get the idea. This series if you have not realised by now is complicated subtle and potentially down right mind bending - its great you cannot imagine (or you can) the number of arguments I had at the end of each episode.

Now on to the book - but first a little explana
Richard Gandolf
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You should read this before you open up the book. Spoiler free review.

USPS somehow delivered this to me a few days early (thanks US mail) so I read this over the very rainy weekend.
This is not a novel in the traditional fashion. What it is, is a collection of letters, documents, newspaper clippings, and photos. These start way back with Lewis and Clark and go all the way forward to now. It’s a bit slow in the first 100 pages but after that the collection hits its stride. It becomes suggestive, g
Jim Dooley
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Mark Frost, the writer of this book, is the co-creator of the TWIN PEAKS television series. So, no matter what a reviewer has to say about the book, the true TWIN PEAKS fan is going to read this (especially with the series' return set to launch in a few months). It is like telling true Harry Potter fans that the latest installment (not penned by the original writer) is not nearly as good as any of the books. The fans will still flock.

With that acknowledgment, here goes:

THE SECRET HISTORY OF TWI
Matthias
Nov 18, 2016 marked it as to-read

Early Christmas gift to myself!! Can't wait to jump into this one!
Play Book Tag: The Secret History of Twin Peaks - Mark Frost 4/5 1 15 May 29, 2017 04:01PM
Secret History of Twin Peaks podcast 1 22 Dec 26, 2016 05:24PM
  • "Diane..." - The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper
  • Welcome to Twin Peaks: An Access Guide to the Town
  • Full of Secrets: Critical Approaches to Twin Peaks
  • In My Humble Opinion: My So-Called Life
  • Olivier
  • David Lynch: Beautiful Dark
  • The Way Hollywood Tells It: Story and Style in Modern Movies
  • Notes: On the Making of "Apocalypse Now"
  • If They Move . . . Kill 'Em!: The Life and Times of Sam Peckinpah
  • David Lynch: The Man from Another Place
  • Killfile (John Smith, #1)
  • Wrapped in Plastic: Twin Peaks
  • Lee Marvin: Point Blank
  • Hollywood Hellraisers: The Wild Lives and Fast Times of Marlon Brando, Dennis Hopper, Warren Beatty, and Jack Nicholson
  • Kinski Uncut
  • A Third Face: My Tale of Writing, Fighting, and Filmmaking
  • Somebody: The Reckless Life and Remarkable Career of Marlon Brando
  • The Stanley Kubrick Archives

Twin Peaks (2 books)
  • Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier
“A wise man once told me that mystery is the most essential ingredient of life, for the following reason: mystery creates wonder, which leads to curiosity, which in turn provides the ground for our desire to understand who and what we truly are.” 9 likes
“Sometimes an owl is just an owl.” 5 likes