Start by marking “The Time Museum (Time Museum, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Time Museum (Time Museum, #1)

The Time Museum

(Time Museum #1)

When Delia finds herself working at the Time Museum, the last thing she expects is to be sent on time-traveling adventures with an unlikely gang
Published February 21st 2017 by First Second

To ask other readers questions about The Time Museum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Time Museum

Elias Libby-Richards
I LOVED IT. CANT WAIT 4 THE NEXT 1
Marta Boksenbaum
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
So much fun! I love the time travel interns premise, it's so silly. I also like the message of teamwork and that the characters got to run around figuring stuff out. Also how can you not love the hard core science nerd female lead? We don't get enough of those!
First Second Books
Feb 21, 2017 marked it as first-second-publications
Follow Delia in her summer internship where she is to be sent on time-traveling missions with an unlikely gang of kids from across the eons. From dinosaurs to the burning of the Library of Alexandra—this thrilling, visually dazzling new series the perfect middle-grade adventure!
Suzanne Dix
This was fabulous! A great time travel adventure with 6 kids from different centuries all believing that they are competing for one position at the Time Museum. Starting out as competitors but quickly realizing there is strength in numbers, the group manages to save the day (past, present and future!).

Great addition to any graphic novel collection. Watch for a series.
Jennifer Bacall
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a decent Middle Grade read. It should find an audience for kids who enjoy history, Dr. Who and time travel. Unfortunately there isn't much diversity in the characters and it easily could've been incorporated.
Matt Graupman
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m always on the lookout for fun YA graphic novels to pass along to my sons. They’re already huge comics fans (and big time readers of “regular” books, as well) but I like to take every opportunity to reinforce that hobby. Also, if I’m being totally honest, I really enjoy them, too; there are a lot of wonderful, fun comics out there that serve as great palate cleansers for me, in between the more heavy or mature stuff (comics or prose) that I tend to gravitate towards. To this pool of work, I c ...more
Tasha
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delia thinks she is just heading to her uncle’s house for the summer, but instead finds herself competing for an internship at the Time Museum, a museum that contains items from across human history. There are other teens competing against her, including a girl from future Japan who loves robots, a boy from ancient Rome, and a boy from the far past. While the internship at first seems to focus on physical fitness and school work, quickly the missions become real time travel. Each mission judges ...more
Michael Perez
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
A really fun time travel book that I will be recommending to patrons. My only gripe would be some weird facial expressions and the first third being a little too wordy.
Hunter
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
it is a very good book my favorite part was when Delia was a giant projection and scared the dinosaurs
Dolly
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who enjoy reading graphic novels
Wildly entertaining story about time travel and team bonding. The illustrations, created using a drafting lead holder and HB drawing leads, inked in Winsor & Newton black India ink with several Series 7 sable brushes (size 0), and colored digitally in Photoshop, are very colorful and cartoonish.

interesting quotes:

"'Who knew a bug that eats poo could be so interesting.'
'Tell me about it!'"
(p. 13)

"'Uncle Lydon's great!'
'How do you figure?'
'He does all kinds of things. He's taken me to every
Kelly Moore
I was bothered by some sexist cliches and stereotypes, and how all the females had waists the same sizes as their wrists, while the boy characters were more varied.
Adele Broadbent
Delia Bean loves science, facts, history - everything. Her Uncle thinks she is definitely smart enough to apply for an internship at an amazing Earth Time Museum. It holds Earth's history (past, present and future.)

Uncle Lyndon tells her that he is in fact a time traveler and curator of the museum and he wants her to join 5 others from different times in history to go through 3 tests to determine who will work at the museum. This is better than Delia's wildest dreams for her future.

Their tasks i
Colleen
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I almost think I should give this 5-stars because I liked it so much AND it's a GRAPHIC NOVEL. (The only other graphic novels I've liked are "Drama" and "El Deafo." ). This is the first in a series about kids who are trying to earn a coveted internship at the very secret Museum of Time, where they would be tasked with preserving eras of time. It's lots of fun, funny, and just overall well done.
Sesana
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Does well with time travel concepts, but the dialog is uneven.
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun and adventurous - I think this will find its audience without any problems.

Thanks to the publisher for a digital advance reader's copy, provided via NetGalley.
Xanthe
This was a fun romp about kids learning to travel through time as interns for the Time Museum that regulates temporal anomalies and collects exhibits on the history of the Earth. However, serious demerits for the lack of diversity. Composing a team of kids from throughout history is an opportunity to get kids from all places and eras, not just collect a Canadian, an American (from NYC, of course), a Scot, an Caucasian (smart) Neanderthal, an ancient Roman, and one Japanese girl from the future. ...more
Mary Moreno
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was fun! In this graphic novel, Delia is offered a chance at a time travel internship in the Earth Time Museum. In a series of adventures, she learns to work with and befriends the other would be interns. I liked the story, the mysterious Grey Earl, and the message of teamwork and cooperation. And I liked the drawings! Can’t wait for part 2.
Desiree Sotomayor
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This was one I ended up enjoying more than I thought I would based on the summary & cover...but it still would have been nice if it incorporated more diverse perspectives from history and characters for that matter (thus three, and not a four...) Definitely has potential though, and even made me laugh out loud in a few spots. The time loop was also a fun addition.
Becky B
Delia Bean goes to stay with her Uncle for part of the summer and stumbles into his secret job as curator of the Time Museum. Delia along with five other young people from various time periods have been chosen to try out for an internship. To pass, they'll need to do well in a few trials that take place in a variety of times and locations. While the temptation is to pit themselves against each other, Uncle Lyndon and other adults keep telling the kids that working together may be necessary to ge ...more
Rebecca
Delia loves bugs--no one can focus more keenly on bugs than she. So when her family goes on vacation and everyone else is off to the pool, Delia stays to examine bugs. Which is how she finds the kiwi bird, which, no way should a kiwi bird be in that climate so she follows it--and finds the Earth Time Museum. The Museum is an amazing place, anchored outside of time and full of exhibits from all over the world in all its eras. And they're looking for interns, and Delia is being considered for the ...more
Liz
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Delia Bean thinks she's spending her summer vacation visiting her Uncle Lyndon. But on her arrival, she makes a surprising discovery. No only is Delia's beloved uncle a time traveler, he is also the curator of the Earth Time Museum, a mysterious museum that collects and observes the most important things from the entire history of the planet Earth. Lyndon invites Delia to try out for the museum's summer internship program and she can't wait to accept. Delia, along with her fellow competitors, ar ...more
OpenBookSociety.com

By Matthew Loux
ISBN: 978-1-59643-849-1
Brought to you by OBS Reviewer Scott

Review:

Imagine having a time traveling uncle from say 3000 or so odd years in the future. One who indulges curiosity in his niece, and runs the Time Museum, a masterpiece of technology, capturing the greatest mankind has to offer in a place that strangely exists ‘outside of time.’ Now imagine you are his niece, and have stumbled a
Alenka
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
As someone who is currently readings tons of graphic novels, let me tell you that this one was very delightful and made me slow down and really appreciate it. I was initially turned off by the character designs (do we really gotta draw all the girls so tiny? Give them real waists at the very least) but it's such a fun premise, and I loved that it kicked off with the start of a happy friendship between two girls (Delia and Michiko.) Plot stuff: Delia is a super nerd and she knows that and is cool ...more
Arminzerella
Rachel
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The scientific-minded Delia has just been offered the opportunity of a life time... all of time. When her favourite uncle is re-introduced to her as the founder of Earth's time museum, he tells her that she can apply to become an intern, but she must win the position by competing against other hopefuls. With their useful time-bender wrist bands, the group faces three trials in three different time periods. The trials themselves are straightforward enough, and only become complicated because of t ...more
Felicia
Reading this almost on the heels of reading The Chronicles of St. Mary's may not have been the best idea. In many ways this story is incredibly similar to that, but written/drawn for a much, much younger audience. From the competition to earn a spot as a traveler, down to visiting the Cretaceous Period and the Library of Alexandria, to dealing with fall out from a "renegade time traveler," the books follow nearly the same line of events.

On the plus side, I can most definitely recommend this book
Kelsey
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Age: 3rd-6th grade

A delightful adventure featuring a smart, brave leader with pockets of mystery and a fast-moving plot. Essential read for fans of Amulet, Zita the Spacegirl, and Percy Jackson.

"The internship program at the Time Museum is a little unusual. For one thing, kids as young as twelve get to apply for these prestigious summer jobs. And as for the applicant pool . . . well, these kids come from all over history.

When Delia finds herself working at the Time Museum, the last thing she exp
Adam Fisher
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.
Delia heads off to spend the summer with her scientist uncle, really looking forward to it. She finds a deserted home, and heads off into the woods. She finds the Earth Time Museum, which is a place dedicated to preservation of all of Earth's past, present and future. Her uncle, the Curator and Founder of the Museum offers her a chance to compete for an internship against 5 other kids from various times.
Over the course of a 3 part test, the kids band together against dinosaurs, time-di
Melissa
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure-awaits
In a funny and endearing story, six teens bond as they compete to enter an internship at the Earth Time Museum, exploring both ancient and futuristic places and uncovering a plot that may put all of time in danger. Each character is a unique addition to the group, giving the story a cohesive feel while building a cast of misfit students that are still learning about the world and about themselves.

Loux's plot flows smoothly, pairing text and illustrations in a manner that is often humorous, makin
Paula
Delia Bean is loves science. Just when she thought her summer was going to be a boring time babysitting her brother, she meets her Uncle Lyndon who changes all that. He's the curator of the mysterious Earth Time Museum who is looking for a new intern who can travel back and forth in time to bring back relics for the museum. Delia must compete with five other candidates (some from the future, some from the past) for the coveted position. They soon find they must work together to not only be succe ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Star Scouts
  • One Trick Pony
  • Compass South (Four Points #1)
  • Nightmare Escape (Dream Jumper, #1)
  • Red's Planet (Red's Planet #1)
  • The Secret of Danger Point (Surfside Girls #1)
  • Caveboy Dave: More Scrawny Than Brawny
  • Alabaster Shadows (Alabaster Shadows, #1)
  • The Creepy Case Files of Margo Maloo
  • The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)
  • The Sand Warrior (5 Worlds, #1)
  • Paths & Portals (Secret Coders, #2)
  • Mighty Jack (Mighty Jack, #1)
  • Le Château des étoiles 1869 : La Conquête de l'espace - Vol. 1 (Le Château des Etoiles, #1)
  • The King of Kazoo
  • SMASH: Trial by Fire
  • Space Battle Lunchtime Vol. 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion
  • Sparks! (Sparks! #1)

Time Museum (2 books)
  • The Time Museum (Time Museum, #2)
“Bums playing strip poker with a robot. Unsettling. Thanks for showing me.” 0 likes