Start by marking “The Pout-Pout Fish, Far, Far from Home” as Want to Read:
The Pout-Pout Fish, Far, Far from Home

The Pout-Pout Fish, Far, Far from Home

(The Pout-Pout Fish)

An exciting new adventure starring the New York Times-Bestselling Pout-Pout Fish!

Mr. Fish has prepped and packed,
And he’s made big plans to roam.
He’s ready for adventure
On his trip away from home!

But sometimes trips have detours
And not everything goes right.
Without his favorite toy,
Can he fall asleep at night?

Swim along with Mr. Fish as he explores new places and meets ne
Published April 4th 2017 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux

To ask other readers questions about The Pout-Pout Fish, Far, Far from Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pout-Pout Fish, Far, Far from Home

Abigail
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Pout-Pout Fish / Readers Looking for Stories About Keeping a Positive Outlook
The eponymous pout-pout fish returns in this, his fifth picture-book adventure, setting out on his very first vacation. Carefully packing everything he will need, Mr. Fish embarks on his travels, only to find that the journey is a little less smooth than expected. Still, he manages to make it to his destination, only to discover that he has left his snoozy-snuggly companion at home. Is vacation ruined...?

Like its predecessors, The Pout-Pout Fish, Far, Far from Home features an engaging tale told
Summer
This is a great addition to the Pout Pout series. I like this more than the other ones so far. G loved it and made me read it four times in a row. And now we are on a search of what all the other sea creatures are called in the book!

It gives great perspective on how to deal with things when they do not go as you wanted or expected them to go, but to still make the best of them and see the silver lining. Which I think is great for kids to learn at a very early age.
Michele
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was adding this book to my library system when I looked inside at the illustrations. They are wonderfully cute so I had to read the story.

The Pout-Pout Fish, Far, Far from Home is about a fish on vacation who runs into some "bumps" along the way. He recovers as we all do but when he reaches the hotel, he realizes that he has left his favorite toy that he snuggles with.

Pout-Pout then does a deep breath to calm himself (which might be helpful for some children) and he thinks...
"I miss you very
Angela
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-quick-shelf
"I'm a fish who loves to travel.
I'm a fish who loves to roam.
And, I'm having an adventure
On my trip away from home!"
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
Review originally published on my blog, Nine Pages .

Now cheered up, the Pout-Pout Fish is going on his first vacation. There’s a new mantra in this one: “I’m a fish who loves to travel. I’m a fish who loves to roam. And I’m having an adventure on my trip away from home!” The Pout-Pout Fish encounters several bumps on his trip but is always helped by locals who know the area. Despite its hiccups because of the help that he receives, that part of the adventure is fun. But he arrives at his destin
Barbara
While taking a trip can be exciting, sometimes it can be a bit scary to travel somewhere new, especially when things don't go as planned. In this story told in rhyming text, everyone's grumpy fish, Pout-Pout Fish makes careful plans for his vacation and then sets off, ready to have fun. Even though some detours and mishaps cause him a little bit of concern, he manages to soldier on and only has a meltdown when he realizes that he has not packed his "snoozy-snuggly" (unpaged). Although his first ...more
Mrs.Melaugh Melaugh
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
In this fifth entry featuring the Pout-Pout fish, Mr. Fish actually looks pretty cheerful as he prepares to go on his first vacation ever. In a rhyme that he repeats several times during the story, he states, “I’m a fish who loves to travel. / I’m a fish who loves to roam. / And I’m having an adventure / On my trip away from home!” His enthusiasm is tested as Pout-Pout runs into the kind of setbacks that often occur on trips: a detour, inadequate snack, items missing from his luggage, and homesi ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Diesen, Deborah The Pout-Pout Fish: Far, Far from Home Illustrated by Dan Hanna PICTURE BOOK Farrar Straus Giroux, 2017 $16.99 Content: G.

Pout-Pout Fish plans a vacation and packs his bags. As he is traveling to his destination he has a few detours and bumps in the road, but other fish help him and he figures it out. When he arrives at his destination he realizes he forgot his snugly toy that he likes to sleep with, he takes a deep breath and calms himself down and goes to sleep. He spends the
Quinn
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This fish is going on an adventure, the book follows that fish though its journey. He has never traveled alone before and gets frustrated through the trip, but finally he makes it to his destination. At one point he wants to go home because he misses home and forgot his "snoozy - snuggly" but instead he stays and does his activities as planned. This is a important lesson that can be learned by young readers because often times you may be discouraged or forget something dear to you at home but th ...more
Dierdre
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I knew this was a series when I picked it up, but I had only read the first one. It surprised me that even though Mr. Fish wasn't pouty anymore at the end of the first one, they don't refer to him as the Pout-Pout Fish at all. Why are they still calling him that in the title, with no reference to it at all in the newer books? There were definitely situations in this book that would have someone pouting, yet because of the helpful people he runs into, he doesn't need to pout. The rhymes were cute ...more
Ro Menendez
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
In this installment, Pout-Pout Fish decides to go on a traveling adventure. He has planned the trip and packed carefully, or so he thought! Pout-Pout experiences that spontaneity and detours are part of any traveling adventure. One of the bumps will resonate with young readers, Pout-Pout forgot his best friend at home, and has to make a decision: turn back home, or keep his friend in his heart and mind and finish enjoying his adventure? The illustrations are full of little details that will make ...more
Jillian
May 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Wait, I'm confused.....he accidentally left his pet at home, and then decided not to worry about it? (Or is Snuggly not really a pet?) I mean, I think if you realize your pet didn't make the trip with you, it's worth some worrying and fretting over until you contact somebody to stop by and take care of it. And THEN you can relax and enjoy your vacation.

The illustrations were cute, and I liked the rest of the story. I can tell how jaded I am, because I kept thinking all these helpful creatures we
Naaz
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book to my daughter. The book covers the excitment of a fish going on a vacation. It cover all the features of waht a person planning for vacation goes through. It details the fact that the fish started the journey all alone, acts responsible and courages on its way to vacation, allthough, there were times when things did not turn out as planned. the important thing is Mr Fish had fun on his vacation and returns home with satifaction and joy.
Teresa Edmunds
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Mr. Fish goes on his very first vacation! He researches, packs, and heads off for adventure. Along the way he meets a few bumps in the road, but with the help of kind creatures all goes well...until Mr. Fish realizes that he forgot his snoozy-snuggly! Will his vacation be ruined? Another cute Pout-Pout Fish story with Hanna's wonderful illustrations. Fans of the Pout-Pout books will not be disappointed.
AMY
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked the pictures more than the story. It was just ok. This is a rhyming story about Pout-Pout fish going on a vacation. Nothing seems to work out right. It has a good theme. Look for the fish texting - funny! The recurring rhyme about leaving on a trip got kind of irritating after a while. The pictures were the best part of the book. Recommended for grades 3-5.
Rachel
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: laurie-books
'Pout Pout fish took a deep breath to calm himself.' That could be very helpful for a child who is afraid or filled with anxiety on a trip! I did enjoy this addition to the Pout Pout fish books but my favorite is still the original!
gina
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, travel
We checked this one out from our library before going on a trip. My son adores Mr. Fish and his friends. He has a hard time letting them go back to the library! I think it was a good book to talk about travel and how you make the best of it, even if things go differently than you planned.
Becky
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
YES! Another great Pout-Pout Fish story. Vacations don't always go perfectly, but you can still turn it into a perfect vacation. Can't wait to share this is storytime and to suggest it to vacationing families.
Teresa
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
As with other Pout-Pout Fish books, this is a fun read-aloud with a snappy refrain that will have kids reading along with the adult. We can all relate to Mr. Fish’s travel adventures and misadventures…especially the bout of homesickness (for me anyway).
Lydibit
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
it's about a fish who loves to travel so he goes on a travel but he runs into trouble...
Pam
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Mr. Fish takes his first vacation and learns about coping when things go differently than expected.
Kayla
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
The illustrations are just kind of odd. This is a relatively new release but the drawings look like they're straight from the 80s or something.
Miss Sarah
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Pout Pout is going on vacation. How will it go? will he have everything he needs? Cute. preschool or the right toddler group
Aiden and Jack
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2nd-grade-k-m
GRL: L
DRA: 20
Jimmy B Grande
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mr. Fish goes on vacation. Its funny how they have swimming pools and hot tubs in the ocean.
Tori
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
I wish I loved this book as much as the original, but it just didn't track as well for me. The repetitive refrain that made the original endearing seemed out of place and forced in this book. It was still cute, and the moral of the story is sweet, but probably won't be a staple at bedtime the way the original is.
Roberta
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the pout pout series!
Wendy
Aug 23, 2017
Hudson Otte
Jun 23, 2017
Jenny Jo
Jan 20, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Deborah Diesen is the author of The Pout-Pout Fish, a rhyming children's picture book illustrated by Dan Hanna and published by Farrar Straus Giroux. Her book The Barefooted, Bad-Tempered Baby Brigade was published by Tricycle Press. She lives in Michigan. Visit her web site at www.deborahdiesen.com and her blog at jumpingthecandlestick.blogspot.com

The Pout-Pout Fish (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • The Pout-Pout Fish