Start by marking “True Peril” as Want to Read:
True Peril

True Peril

(True Lies #3)

She's this assassin's toughest assignment ever...

Socialite Trista Patterson has turned her back on her life of privilege and dedicated herself to helping others. Her mission to protect the world’s children often takes her into the bleak and violent underbelly of third world countries. When a kidnapping attempt goes wrong, Trista quickly finds herself running for her life..
Published March 7th 2016 by Entangled: Select Suspense

To ask other readers questions about True Peril, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Peril

XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Trista/Eve is my kind of heroine. She's a total badass that hasn't lost her soft side. The book was fast paced and action filled. Truly a great ride where the lines between good and bad are blurred and not everything is what it seems. Dane is a badass in his own right. Calm, cool, and collected under pressure with a best friend in high places and a government intent on leashing him. The plot was interesting and consistent. The pace kept me at the edge of my seat. The action was well written. The ...more
Elaine
Travelling to San Stefano in Columbia to check all is well with his sister, Jenny Bloom, the last thing Dane O'Brien anticipated was getting caught up in rescuing Jenny's friend and coworker Trista! Not only that, his sister has no idea about his secret life as an undercover CIA agent, one who was notorious as a 'ghost' - he slipped unseen into dangerous situations to eliminate enemies, but he was trying to leave that life behind, hating the nightmares reliving the assassinations he'd carried ou ...more
Luli
Esta historia no me está gustando para nada. Me está pareciendo tonta, superflua, estresantemente rápida, con demasiadas casualidades y nada realista. Nada, nada, nada.
No he conseguido creer ni una sola línea de las que he leído y estoy totalmente “desenganchada” de la trama, y como todo esto me ha pasado sin llegar al 18% mejor lo dejo aquí.
Sinceramente creo que este libro es uno de esos que no engaña. Si leyendo la prueba te gusta es que lo disfrutarás, si, como a mí, no te gusta nada, te va a
Dísir
A kidnapping attempt goes terribly wrong and leads Trista Patterson down a road she’d never imagine. In a matter of days, she finds her old identity buried and a new one that proclaims her married to a man whose past is kept from her and a new career path that she’s blackmailed into by Simon Dunn.

‘True Peril’ is a plunge back into the shadowy world of arms-dealing, covert operations, double-crossings and deep cover identities that Veronica Forand portrays with intricate detail, but it also remi
Anita
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by the Publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Love this author and this series. Romantic-suspense with a twist similar to Anne Stuart. True Peril has a plot that keeps you guessing and a romance that grabs you and makes you feel the highs and lows right alone with Eve and Dane. The books in this series are fairly well connected and it is advised to read them in order as Simon, in particular, plays major roles in them all.

When Dane takes a trip to visit his sister, h
Inishowen Cailín
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A thrilling adventure that will keep you glued to the page. Suspend belief and hold on because things don't get more exciting than this. Between assassins, drug cartels, arms dealers, kidnappings, chases through the jungle, the bullets are flying non stop. The crew also seem to be able to travel halfway across the world at the drop of a hat and do so in record time. There is no hanging about.
Refreshingly, Eve is a woman who can handle herself in tough situations and proves her mettle on more th
Elizabeth Neal
**3.5 Stars**

Dane, a CIA undercover operative, is on a personal mission concerning his baby sister, Jenny. Upon arriving in Columbia, where Jenny is doing humanitarian work, Dane  finds his sister safe. However, she's distraught over the rebels kidnapping her roommate, Trista.

Trista, a former socialiate, has turned her back on her former life of privilege and is now living to help others. That empathy, and the need to save a young girl, has landed her in some serious danger...taken by the Cartel
Melanie
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this was a very smooth flowing plot that did not have much down time. The characters were well developed and seemed like they were on the move all the time in the story.

Dane is a CIA agent that is always into one thing or another. Dane has not told his sister the whole truth about his job so she thinks that he does something else besides what he really does. When Dane gets word that his sister Jenny may be in trouble with the Cartel, he does the only thing that he knows to do and
1-Click Addict Support Group
True-ly outstanding!

“You’re killing me,” he growled.
“No problem,” she murmured with her lips against his kin. “I’m really good at mouth to mouth resuscitation.”

Trista Patterson was used to being left behind so when Dane O’Brien seemed to be doing the opposite, she was curious. Could this man, despite their unusual start, be the man who stuck around for the long haul? Well, as long as she wasn’t murdered or anything….

Dane was not going to fall under the spell of a woman. Simon had fallen before h
Carmen Falcone
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
International settings? Check.

Delicious intrigue? Check.

Marriage of convenience? Check.

Exciting, compelling and smart from the get-go. I loved True Peril! The main characters really pulled me into this action-packed story. Trista is fearless, caring and just awesome. I like when heroines are badass but when that comes organically to them--like when it's just who she is, and she has reasons for it. It wasn't forced or contrived; and she's a complex character.

Dane is a fabulous hero. He steps i
MeganTheNinja
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a good book!! This is the first book I've read by Veronica Forand, and thanks to how well written and fully entertaining it was, I will definitely be reading everything else I can get my hands on by Ms. Forand. The relationship between Trista and Dane starts out as funny, stays funny throughout the entire book, but also gains an element of sweetness that I loved. 100% recommend!
Gigi staub
Socialite Trista Patterson has turned her back on her life of privilege and dedicated herself to helping others. Her mission to protect the world’s children often takes her into the bleak and violent underbelly of third world countries. When a kidnapping attempt goes wrong, Trista quickly finds herself running for her life…and married to a man she just met…as she’s placed at the top of the Cartel’s most wanted list.

Some days no good deed goes unpunished.

Dane O’Brien has spent his life in the sha
Anima
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, favorites
Spies, drugs and arms dealers with more action than a Bond movie! Turns out this book is part of a series, book three, but is very easy to read without the others. Cassie and Simon were in the previous book and Alex and Henry were in the first. Both characters are included in this book with a brief history lesson. Simon and Cassie play a significant role in Eve and Dane's story, I definitely need to read theirs because Simon is incredibly intense and alpha but with Cassie he drops to a beta. Eve ...more
Sparkymom
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not realize when I started this book that it was actually book three in a series. Later on in the story, it became obvious that some of the characters had a backstory I didn't know all about. It did work well as a standalone though, and the characters from previous novels just inspired me to check those out too.

The story takes place primarily in South America and England. Trista is a very independent and self reliant foreign aid worker who ends up kidnapped by a drug cartel. When Dane, he
Victoria
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romantic Suspense is fast becoming one of my favorite genres. I loved each book in this trilogy, I hope Veronica Forand continues with the series (hint, hint!). The action is fast-paced and she writes likable characters that makes you not want to put the book down. We need more of Veronica Forand!
Petula
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dane O'Brien is in a small village in Colombia to drag his sister home and out of danger. When he finds her, she sends him to rescue her room mate who has been kidnapped by the local cartel. Little does Dane know but Trista is about to turn his life inside out and upside down.
Trista Patterson was working at the school in the village when the cartel fighters came and tried to take one of the girls. She persuaded them to take her instead. A big mistake for them.
Our hero is working for a few diff
Avephoenix
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
4.5 STARS

True Peril is the third installment in Veronica Forand’s thrilling romantic suspense, True Lies series, which can be read as a stand-alone but for backstory, and some badass amazing supporting characters, I recommend reading the previous two installments.

This is an action packed, thrilling-suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat. What makes of this story one of the most exciting and captivating reads that I was not able to put down, is all the action the author manage to p
Rhenna Morgan
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, now I'm torn between which of the books in this series is my favorite. I LOVED Simon's book, but Dane gave him a run for the money. I guess what I liked about it most is that I got a lot of both men throughout the story. I loved seeing Simon with Cassie after their HEA, but it was soooo much fun watching Dane fall at the same time. (And watching Simon push him along.) I loved Eve's personality too. She was tough but soft and vulnerable at the same time.

As for the plot....LOADS of suspense
Bette Hansen
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this one had a lot going on and all of it was delicious! International intrigue, espionage, marriage of convenience, and a great slow building romance all wrapped up in one fabulous read. Trista is a wonderful strong character who has dedicated her life to helping others. When she's the one that really needs helping, she has to rely on Dane O'Brien to give her that help. He has secrets and a boat load of issues though so the attraction between them can't happen. Or can it??

I highly recommen
Linda Quick
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! This is a well crafted romantic suspense that grabbed my attention from the first page and held it until the very last page. I was actually sorry when it ended. If you've read books by this author before, you know that she is a very talented storyteller, but even knowing that doesn't prepare you for just how well crafted this complicated story is. This one is a must read.

While this is part of a series, it is a stand alone novel. Fans of the genre will love this book.
Kelley Schmidt
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a well written, fast paced story that will draw you in and not let go. Ms. Forand does an excellent job keeping the story action packed and full of intrigue. The characters are well developed and likable. Eve was the perfect stubborn, strong heroine. I loved seeing characters from the previous books in this series have a part in this one as well. Highly recommend!

ARC received from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.
Sabine Priestley
My first introduction to Forand, I found this to be a great ride. Of course, now I’m going to have to go back and read the first two books. I’ll get there eventually because she writes kick ass women, non-stop action and smoking romance.
Lori
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a pretty intense story. Never a dull moment, this roller coaster of a story kept me glued to the pages waiting to see what would happen next and how it would all work out. If you love strong alpha men, and even stronger women, then you will love this book. I loved how Dane was all over trying to help and protect Trista instantly after briefly conversing with his sister. Their connection was immediate and powerful. Throw in a funny, strong, even more alpha best friend with his feisty wife ...more
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

True Peril will hold you to its pages from start to ending with fast action, secret identities, daring rescues, a marriage of convenience with more secret identities and a man who will do everything possible including emotional harm to convince one innocent woman that he is the wrong man for her – even when in his heart he knows that is just one more true lie. (yes, I went there and made a pun on the series title. *grin*)

This is one of those stories where it would be
Julie
Description:

Some days no good deed goes unpunished.

Dane O’Brien has spent his lif
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
After meeting Dane O'Brien in True Deceptions, I've been looking forward to reading more about this intriguing guy who's CIA cover is selling drones in California!

All Dane intended was a quick visit to the volatile Columbian jungle to check up on his little sister Jenny. Since the death of her husband, her work protecting and educating at-risk children has taken her to many dangerous places. San Stefano is no exception. On arrival, Dane is alerted to trouble and sets off to find his sister's mi
A Klue
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feisty-heroine
Having enjoyed “Snowed” by Veronica Forand, this avid cartel romance NetGalley reviewer was very intrigued by the book synopsis for True Peril. Though I loved the action packed circumstances that lead to the main couple meeting in South America, once they left for London, I became concerned it was headed for a “cocky hero repeatedly breaks the heart of the heroine”, “lusty verses romantic” read. Mostly due to my increasing doubts about the hero’s overall likeability. It seems he had a woman at e ...more
Steph
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good romantic suspense novel, and TRUE PERIL delivers!

CIA agent Dane O'Brien is unsanctioned and deep in Colombian cartel territory to retrieve his do-gooder sister and bring her home. When he learns that her roommate Trista Patterson has been kidnapped by a rebel faction, Dane promises to get her to safety, even though he left the front line world behind and is more than happy working the desk instead of a rifle. But things are never easy when dealing with thugs, and Trista is now Eve
April Symes
I did like this story about how a former socialite named Trista went from living for only herself to living for others. Thing is, you have to learn how to balance that need or you can get into trouble and that is what has happened to her. She is living to help others and she is trying to go out of her way to help a young girl in danger taken by a drug Cartel. She is kidnapped because she is poking her nose in where it doesn’t belong.
Dane who is a CIA undercover operative and Jenny’s older brothe
Denise Van plew
This was a suspenseful drama that starts you off right out of the beginning. When Dane goes to see his sister and even try and persuade her to come home. She thinks nothing of herself but asks he go after her friend whom the rebels have taken. When he does though he finds she has accomplished quite a bit on her own but must now get her out. He tells her though she must go out as his wife and he makes the steps to make it happen. That is the beginning to some fast past events that this author wil ...more
Veronica Forand is an attorney and an award-winning writer of romantic suspense.

She’s lived in Boston, London, Paris, Geneva, and Washington, DC and currently resides near Philadelphia. An avid traveler, she loves to roam across continents with her husband and kids in pursuit of skiing, scuba diving, and finding the perfect piece of chocolate.

She is a member of the Romance Writers of America, the

True Lies (3 books)
  • Untrue Colors (True Lies, #1)
  • True Deceptions (True Lies, #2)