Start by marking “Lez Talk: A Collection of Black Lesbian Short Fiction” as Want to Read:
Lez Talk: A Collection of Black Lesbian Short Fiction

Lez Talk: A Collection of Black Lesbian Short Fiction

A necessary and relevant addition to the Black LGBTQ literary canon, which oftentimes overlooks Black lesbian writing, Lez Talk is a collection of short stories that embraces the fullness of Black lesbian experiences. The contributors operate under the assumption that “lesbian” is not a dirty word, and have written stories that amplify the diversity of Black lesbian lives. ...more
Published April 5th 2016 by BLF Press

To ask other readers questions about Lez Talk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lez Talk

Naz (Read Diverse Books)
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review coming next week.
Delilah Night
Allen and Cherelle did a standout job. The stories were ordered in a way that I wanted to keep reading, rather than feel fatigued. The variation in themes kept the anthology from being repetitive (which is always a danger). I finished the anthology last week, and I’ve been talking it up like crazy. As a bookworm, I know of no higher form of praise.

While I like most of the stories, there were some standouts that deserve extra applause.

K.A. Smith has two stories in the anthology. Darker the Berry
Ben Truong
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lez Talk: A Collection of Black Lesbian Short Fiction is an anthology of sixteen short stories collected and edited by S. Andrea Allen and Lauren Cherelle. These stories are all centered on black lesbians.

For the most part, I really like most – if not all of these contributions. Lez Talk: A Collection of Black Lesbian Short Fiction contains sixteen short stories and most are written exceptionally well. The short stories varied in length and subject matter. These stories are written, plotted, con
Dan
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't feel really qualified to review a lot of the stories in this anthology. There are some that I really enjoyed and some that I felt I lacked the context to enjoy; as a white person, that was what I expected. Nonetheless, it's amazing to even have this collection and I am greatly appreciative of the editor and authors.
willowdog
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbt
Very uneven collection of short stories. Only three I thought were above average. Some seemed to be more urban fiction.
Cassandra
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a giveaway on Goodreads. And it was amazingly written from start to finish. Each story was uniquely different but all of them felt cohesive with one another. The sex scenes were not over the top or over done. The characters felt real and full of depth. And it has a some supernatural in a couple of stories. It was very enjoyable and I look forward to seeing much more both from the authors and from the publishing company.
Janani
A fantastic anthology to kick off the new year. The stories cover a wide range and explore a variety of themes, and are arranged in such a manner that it doesn't tire the reader. QWOC are not a monolith, and this anthology definitely endorses that. Flirty, sensual, happy, morose, dreamy- there's a plethora of experiences covered. #DAReadathon #queerlit #diversebooks #ownvoices
Cori Nichols
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book in a goodreads.com giveaway
I enjoyed this book and the stories in it. Want to know more about? Check out my blog:
Katelijne Sommen
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt
An excellent anthology, with several stories that deserve to be reviewed on their own. Well-put-together by the editors, with an internal logic and a high standard of quality and themes.
AgentAletha
Jan 15, 2017
John
May 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: foreword, lgbt
Reviewed for Foreword Books IndieFab Awards.

Some good stories, but also some strange stories, and some that I just didn't get. But more importantly, the copy editor definitely did not do his/her job.
LE