Start by marking “Aches, Pains, and Love: A Guide to Dating and Relationships for Those With Chronic Pain and Illness” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Are you living with chronic pain or illness, or both? Have you given up on having an intimate, romantic relationship? Living with such conditions can feel overwhelming, never mind adding intimacy into the mix. Surprisingly, very little has been published on dating and relationships for people with chronic pain and illness. Aches, Pains, and Love addresses that need with wi ...more
Published February 2016 by Moppet press

To ask other readers questions about Aches, Pains, and Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aches, Pains, and Love

Start your review of Aches, Pains, and Love: A Guide to Dating and Relationships for Those With Chronic Pain and Illness
Jen
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. As someone who suffers from chronic pain, I have to say that this book was so helpful in reading. I have suffered a long time and back when I first got sick I wish there would have been a book like this that could have helped me understand that what I was going through was not out of the ordinary. Although I have already gone through everything that was outlined in this book and found my own ways to deal with it, I think that t ...more
Faris khalifeh
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aches, Pains and Love is a captivating read. I admire Kira for her courage for opening up by sharing her honest and raw experiences with her readers – that demonstrates the power of vulnerability!

I appreciate her step-by-step approach, which makes it easier for readers to follow and convert Kira’s personal stories into actionable steps. For me this book is not only about aches, pain and dating, it is also about hope, self-love and compassion.

I recommend this to anyone who is interested in self-g
Ivy Cirillo
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-picks
First of all, I would just like to say that I loved the cover of this book! I'm a huge fan of simple designs and this one was great. The Band-Aid heart was just icing on the cake! I also loved that Kira had the book printed on sturdy, white pages. The only thing that could have made the physical book better would be glossy pages, and that's just me being over the top :)

Kira's did a great job writing a well organized and well researched book. It was organized into three parts, which included mul
Maria Ryan
Sep 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Dating Advice for the Chronically Ill Set

I was immediately attracted to the subject matter of Kira Lynne’s Aches, Pains, and Love. Suffering from chronic pain and illness does throw a big wrench into dating and intimacy and if you are a sufferer, no doubt this is something you think about quite a bit if you are in the market for love, dating, or just mutually satisfying sex.

How to navigate a relationship in the throes of chronic pain and illness flares is something that all sufferers will need
Jacqueline
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I did like the book Aches, Pains, and Love. I think the overall tone of the book is great - the author feels like across between a supportive friend (with lots of great information) and a coach to encourage you.

I also like that she focuses on becoming strong in yourself and knowing yourself really well (what you can handle, boundaries etc...) before becoming involved in a relationship.

I also think it's really helpful that she has the "Take Action!" section at the end of each chapter - a helpful
Mollie
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes in life, we need someone to hold our hands, to walk along with us, be a companion on journeys we never expected to take. The author is that someone. The need to struggle, to push against is a toxic aspect of chronic health problems. Especially invisible ones. The need to see ourselves as worthy even in the midst of a situation that is often unthinkable. This book is life-giving, a deep, full breath after days, weeks or even years of holding one's breath.

The resources mentioned are also
Yasmine Moulin
As someone who lives with chronic pain, this book is a great support & encouragement for me. It reminded me that not only do we need to take care of our mental & emotional selves, we also need to take care of us. This book is not a one-time read. I refer to different chapters at different times for reminders. I highly recommend this book. It is an easy read, and a kind, helping hand.
bookmarkbelles
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! As a sufferer of IC and other illnesses I have to say that I feel like I could have written this book myself. It is 100% raw, accurate and authentic. Im still going thru some of the exercises but im so grateful that this book exists. Thank you Kira for taking how I feel and writing it in words so that others can understand.(never been good at expressing how I feel) This book is amazing!
Cin
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A very well written and useful book. It would be a great read for people who have chronic pain. Personally I think this book is not just for people living with chronic pain. Truly inspirational and very encouraging!
I received a free copy of this book from the Goodreads First Reads program.
Kathleen Duffy
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Incredible book. A must-read for anyone who suffers from a chronic condition. Lately I've been feeling really down about my constant pain and have had trouble going to work or doing basic things due to the level of discomfort. This book served as a push in the right direction. Highly recommend. ...more
Alan
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

This was an interesting read, especially as I do suffer from chronic pain. I do recommend to not only those who have chronic pain, but feel this book could be interesting for others too.
Nazeli
Great read - review to come!
Hallie Winchell
Jan 13, 2018
Stephanie
Jul 09, 2022
Kira Lynne
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gwen
Eloise
Jun 16, 2018

• Strangers Assume My Girlfriend Is My Nurse
  • The Friendship List
  • Thank You for Rejecting Me: Transform Pain Into Purpose and Learn to Fight for Yourself
  • Your Perfect Year
  • Happily (N)ever After: Essays That Will Heal Your Broken Heart
  • You Are Enough: Is It Love or Your Need for Validation?: Overcoming People Pleasing And Emotionally Unavailable Relationships
  • Find Your Path: Honor Your Body, Fuel Your Soul, and Get Strong with the Fit52 Life
  • Pretty Woman
  • Adulting
  • Her Vol. 2
  • Addicted To Pain: Renew Your Mind & Heal Your Spirit From A Toxic Relationship In 30 Days
  • You Are Enough: Heartbreak, Healing, and Becoming Whole
  • Joy Seeker: Let Go of What's Holding You Back So You Can Live the Life You Were Made for
  • Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire, #1)
  • A Nantucket Wedding
  • Summary of Less by Andrew Sean Greer (a Novel)
  • Beautiful Day
  • How to Be Sick: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers
See top shelves…