Start by marking “The King's Fate (Corvidae Guard #1)” as Want to Read:
The King's Fate (Corvidae Guard #1)

The King's Fate (Corvidae Guard #1)

In a world where Fae and Vampire will forever be at odds, a Vampire wins the crown, ruling the Fae Realm for the first time in history.

After the execution of the Succubus who attempted to murder the King, her Incubus vows to avenge her, putting a devious plot into action. Breaking Fae law, he creates what he thinks will be the most powerful half-breed known to the Realm,
312 pages
Published June 5th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The King's Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King's Fate

Start your review of The King's Fate (Corvidae Guard #1)
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

***** 5 cranky stars *****

This is a book way out of my usual read. Filled with many, many types of sex scenes, it is not my normal kind of read. With that said, the story is so emotional and dark. The author has a command of words that dives deep into the reader's heart.

The story begins in a realm where the Fae and vampires, humans and angels coexist, but conflict between the species bubbles underneath the surface. It is in this context that Leo, the incubus and his beloved, Louise, the succubu
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is not your typical love story. It's a story of the ultimate revenge, avenging the death of a loved one.

I hadn't heard of Rissa Blakely before reading this book. I really liked her style of writing. It flows nicely and the characters are well rounded. The fact this a paranormal only makes it better in my eyes. But I must warn you to start off with there is a lot of sex! A lot of male on male sex!
The story is set around revenge.

Leolin, an incubus, sets about bring on the downfall of Vampire
Elizabeth
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, kindle
I freely admit to being a fan of Rissa Blakeleys 'Shattered Lives' series.When I first heard she was starting a series in a totally different genre I was worried. Would I like it?
Stupid me. Ms. Blakeley is a supremely talented writer. She effortlessly (or so it seems) makes you 'see' her characters and gives you access to their thought processes and the rationale behind their actions. She could make an itemised shopping list fascinating.
The King's Fate is so far removed from Shattered lives that
Tracey
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
In a world where vampires, fae, humans and angels exist its obvious not all get along and they're most definitely not meant to mix and create off spring.

Monty is the product of a revenge plan, he has no idea why his different until his fae side shows up when he turns 18, he then turns into a pawn in his biological dad's plan.

There is lots of sex in the first half of this book, menages. mm, mf a taste of everything. I personally felt there was too much sex to begin with, I would have preferred to
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A gripping emotional story that sticks with you after the last page. I loved this new world full of fae, vampires and angels. I definitely can't wait to read more.
Monty and the King's story was quite interesting and I'm dying to know what happens next. I wanted more from their relationship and interactions I'm hoping that the next book will dive deeper into that. I recommend this book to any fan of sexy paranormal MM reads!
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review
Felicia
Just when you think Vampires are the top of the food chain in the paranormal realm, along comes Fae Incubus Leolin Kyffin. Already vain, arrogant AND pompous (was that redundant?), Leo also becomes overwhelmed with revenge against Vampire King Zachariah Orsovo after Leo’s beloved Louise is killed while trying to carry out their plan to murder the king. (Still follow me? Good.)

Siring a child with a naïve, young vampiress, Leo puts his plan in motion and waits patiently. As the child ages, Leo pla
Darlene
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC from the AUTHOR RISSA BLAKELY in exchange for an honest opinion. This is Mismousey very opinion of her book THE KING'S FATE - CORVIDAE GUARD BK 1

Now having never reading anything that this talented author has written before. I found myself drawn into the land of magical kingdoms rather swiftly. From the moment I opened the book till I was at the last word - I could not put it down. I was held captive in the magical land of faries and vampires. And did not mind one bit at all.

Ms
Stephanie  Mae
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I picked this book to review, I wasn’t sure if it was my cup of tea or not. The blurb had me intrigued and I love to find something different than what I normally read. From the get go the story drew me in and I devoured it in one sitting. The sex scenes were hot. Most of the time I get bored or feel like there are too many sex scenes, but not this book. This book had M/M and M/M/F. This is something I have never dabbled into, but I have to say it was written very well. I loved all the char ...more
Julie Ayling
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
First off I want to say I have been lucky to read everything and anything that Rissa has written, and I have to say this is something totally different than what I'm used to reading.
For this we have vampires, Fae, incubus, humans you name it all living together in one realm. But of course not in harmony no somethings you just don't mix and when one certain incubus has this plan to dream walk to impregnate another that is forbidden because well he has plans plans for the future that who cares ab
Nicole
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-kindle, own
This author sure has a way of writing books that stick with you.
This was a little out of my usual realm. I haven't read many books about Fae/ Incubus/ Succubi, but I didn't let that stop me. The concepts of dream-walking and the abilities of the Fae were so intriguing. There are so many layers to the plot. It starts of with Leolin (Fae) planning to overthrow the Vampire king. Leolin dream-walks, impregnating a Vampire with the intent of creating a powerful half-breed. But when his wife is killed
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Plot. Sex. Takeover. Sex. Dreamwalk. Sex. Conspiracy. Sex. Murder. Sex.

In case you didn't get the memo, there was a lot of sex. All kinds of sex. With everyone. Sex. Sex. Sex. I almost had a sex overload. ALMOST. Not. Well to what we came here for. The read was filled with much of the paranormal world that I love. I got Fae, Vampires, Incubus, Succubus, Angles. What else will be coming with the future installments? I was not exactly sure that this was going to be the read for me, but I have to
Suzanne
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The King’s Fate Corvidae Guard
If you have read Rissa Blakeley’s Shattered Lives series, you are already familiar with her rich story telling. This new series from Rissa is different but so wonderful! It is a story of love and betrayal like no other. She has dipped her toe in the erotic fantasy and dove in!
Leolin, a character deeply in love with not only his wife, but with power, plots the demise of Zachariah in a truly devious and utterly devastating way. Enter Monty. The love between him and Za
Kristin
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you thought Rissa broke your heart with the Shattered Lives series, just wait till you read the first book in this new series. I love the way that she tells this story. It's got love, lust, betrayal, loss and a myriad of other emotions. The characters are amazing, even the ones you will want to just yell and scream at. I have to admit that there were parts I cried at, especially the end. I enjoyed the conflict that Leo brings to the story; he wants his revenge any way he can get it and I feel ...more
P Leslie
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

Leo uses trickery to impregnate a beautiful female vampire. His plan is to retrieve the baby when it's born so his fae wife can care for him. He wants to usurp the throne where at present a vampire King rules. His plans are messed up when the King kills his wife therefore, he sets things in motion for his ultimate revenge - his plan involves using his half breed son to bring the King to his knees.

Will Leo succeed or fail in seeking his reven
AK Mama Reads
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have tried very hard not to make comparisons in my reviews over the last year, but it's impossible when a book so much resembles something written by one of my favorite authors, there is just a huge Anne Rice vibe going on here and I can't really not mention it, so there it is. Now, that never means to me that the author just copied said other author, but that the quality and rhythm of the writing is reminiscent of the aforementioned. I absolutely want more of this series and am very pleased t ...more
Helen Ward
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Paranormal erotic escapades galore await you within the pages of this tale. Forget your usual cast of Vamps and Far. These guys are all that but supercharged with extra powers. Add in the Succubus and Incubus interests and you have a very sensual, sexual little number. Lot's of twists and turns in this plot.
Based in a paranormal realm where racial hatred is evident between the species, speculations is at heart
a story of great, everlasting love and devastating deception. Even paranormal families
Filthy Book
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well... I didn't see that coming. Very different from her other books, in a pleasantly surprising way. I knew it would be good but damn! And in true Rissa fashion it was enthralling, I thought my eyes were on fire from reading it so fast but hey it was worth it.
I love that she didn't stick to the typical Fae and Vampire rules. She never disappointes with her stories. Her writing will never get stale, she will never be cuaght in the trends. and THAT is why her books will always be a must for me.
Tifinie Henry
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rf
When I chose this book to read I figures it might be interesting with Fae and Vampire and oh was I right.Once I started reading I could not put it down. This book has so much going on you would not believe it. The storyline and the characters are well developed and make for an enjoyable read. There is a cliffhanger so be prepared. I recommend this book. Our Blog was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
Hazel Lewis
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Where do I start with Rissa Blakeley what an amazing author her last few books I thought wouldn't be my cup of tea but what can I stay she did shatter me with this book it makes you want so much more it's scary and you literally can not wait for the next instalment if you can't wait for books I would wait but if you love vamps and anything sexy this is the book for you she makes you want more more and more well done to the author amazingly written and I just loved it
Rebecca
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Rissa Blakeley continues to amaze me....This story kept me amazed until the end...amazing book that leaves me waiting for the next one...
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, m-m, paranormal
This is a fast-paced and emotional read, in the realm of Angels, Reapers, Vampire, Fae, Incubus and Succubi. A fae pair, incubus and succubi, want the Fae Throne to return to the fae, in particular themselves. They plot the downfall of the Vampire king (who apparently won it fair and square in battle). Whilst Leo is successful in his mission, Louise is not and she is killed. Filled with horror at the loss of his loved one, Leo vows revenge.

Due to the long life span of these races, the book take
Melissa Basnight
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
This was about revenge by Leolin, a Fae, against the Vampire King Zachariah for killing his lover Louise. He mates with a vampire to make a half bred who was supposed to rule the kingdom as a half-breed as Leolin and Louise's son. Since she was killed he made the king fall in love with his future son Monty in his dreams so when they met they would fall in love. Zachariah wanted more female lovers too instead of just Monty which upset Monty. Leolin keeps trying to hurt Zachariah anyway he can so ...more
Epiphany
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rissa-blakeley
Vikki Becker
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rissa Blakeley has done it again!
She takes themes we all love, in this case it's vampires, fae and dream walking, and spins them into something new and tantalizing!
I fell in love with the characters and the world in which they live. Rissa writes her scenes in such a way that you feel that you're there with the characters, experiencing their trials, triumphs and loves.
The only issue with this book? That I have to wait so long for book 2!
Brenda
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rich in characters, details, and emotions, The King's Fate was a fantastic read! There's enough intrigue, sex, evil plans, sex, and Fey magic to keep readers turning the pages long after the light should have been put out!
Coffee with Lacey
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not going to lie . . . I was routing for Leolin until I started seeing the relationship between Zachariah and Monty. Zachariah has more love for his Vampires and for Monty (who he does know is half-breed), than Leolin does for anyone in general. Now, I am rooting for Monty more than anything. The book does leave a HUGE cliff hanger, which brings on Book 2 of the Corvidae Guard books The King's Destiny. I rate it 5/5.
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Nov 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
A monstrosity of a cheesy, trashy novel. Cheap content made without any considerable plot. The writing was so heinousness that I found it laughable.
Treena Ross - Rockstar Book Muse
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy Romance Readers and New ones unsure about the genre
I am going to start by saying that this book is not in my realm of reading at all. I took a chance and started the book. I did not know about vampires, fae incubus and succubus but Author Rissa Blakeley took me on a ride to explain all of it to me.

I enjoyed her writing tremendously, she is very capable of writing about emotions and makes you feel like you are right there along with the characters. The story flows at a really nice speed and even has some sexy erotic scenes in there to top it all
Michelle Rabe
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to start by saying that it was outside my usually reading comfort zone but I am so happy that I gave it a chance. Riss Blakeley has weaved another excellent multifaceted tale that I couldn't wait to see what happened next! Another winner from one of my favorite independent authors.
Mysti
rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2019
Rissa Blakeley is the author of a fantasy paranormal series, Corvidae Guard, and a post-apocalyptic saga, Shattered Lives, which features a paranormal twist and has been adapted into graphic novel form.

As a native New Yorker, Rissa is now a Georgia transplant who is completely addicted to black coffee and La Croix, obsessively listening to songs on repeat. Her days are packed with characters screa