Start by marking “Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet, #1)

Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet #1)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  6,523 Ratings  ·  1,073 Reviews
One story. Two couples.

I proposed on our first date.
She laughed and told me I was insane. Less than a day later, she said yes.
It was a whirlwind, but we were happy…
Until we got greedy and wanted a family.

It was a life I couldn’t give her, not for lack of trying. Fertility just wasn’t on our side. We sought out doctors and treatments. Spent money we didn’t have. Lied to o
Published September 13th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Retrieval, please sign up.

Mical Yes that's how the story evolves. It does become a bit confusing but just stick with it and everything will become clear. It's a great story. I really…moreYes that's how the story evolves. It does become a bit confusing but just stick with it and everything will become clear. It's a great story. I really enjoyed it.(less)

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4.5 Stars!!

description

Wow! This story blew me away! I’ve never expected to be as gripping as it was. Of course I was intrigued by the blurb, but I’ve never expected this story to be so raw, so emotional, so powerful. Aly Martinez delivered a fascinating tale that will keep you at the edge of your seat for a good part of the story for a multitude of reasons. 'Retrieval', a story about two couples whose lives are entwined by happenstance was unique, refreshing and had just a little bit of everything – romanc
Christy
5 stars!!!

photo 6819E66B-4E35-4B94-A7C6-65AEFA92E02B_zpsvr4bwxjh.png

Aly Martinez blew me away with this book. It was oh so intense, crazy emotional and even a bit suspenseful. My heart was in my throat for a majority of the book and I couldn’t wait to see what would happen. This couple- I rooted for them so hard. After that ending, I’m so anxious to jump into the next one. The moment it hits my kindle, I’ll be dropping everything else to read it!

Retrieval starts out with an epic love story between Roman and Elisabeth. These two truly care for each o
Aestas Book Blog
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: 5 STARS!! :::

“I love you… I never stopped, and I never will.”

WOW. WOW. WOW!! This book was absolutely incredible!! A passionate, achingly heart-wrenching, and yet beautifully romantic story that kept my heart racing non-stop. It was ADDICTIVE, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. It was hot, sexy, suspenseful. The story took my completely by surprise and was utterly UNIQUE! I gasped when I realized what was really going on in this story — and I swear I COULD. NOT. PUT. THIS.
XxTainaxX
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is FREE on Amazon and Barnes & Noble today (4/4/2017), folks!

This is my very first AM story, but you can bet it won't be my last. I joked about not living under a rock but after reading this gripping story, I fear I may have been. This story is not wrapped up in a pretty bow but it's just as beautiful for its flawed characters. While I can't delve into the plot too much, I can tell you it involves two couples whose paths would never have crossed had it not been but for one event that af
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

My past, present, and future were walking out of my life and I stood immobile as every fiber in my being screamed for me to drop to my knees and beg for her to stay. To take her in my arms and tell her that we’d figure it out.

photo 0c80719b24090180cd151d80c5a1b2ce_zpsuh0fxynk.jpg

Aly Martinez fans, you are in for one hell of a treat!! Retrieval will grab a hold of you from the very first page and take you on one wild ride. This is the story of Roman and Elisabeth Leblanc’s whirlwind romance and
Lisa Jayne
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FIVE TAKING WHATS MINE STARS.

"I was broken, battered, and destroyed."

description

This book was off the charts intense, soul searching and a whole heap of impressive. Aly Martinez always manages to find a way to blow my expectations away and to say I was impressed wouldn't quite match up with the reality. This author takes my reading experience to a whole other level and once again Martinez has left me with an insane need to read more of her work. 'Retrieval' was all that I expected from this author and a
Beverly
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-favorites
Something you may or may not know, one in every six couples struggle with fertility, my husband and I are one of those couples. I have been married ten years and this is my sixth year of trying to get pregnant. I have gone through multiple rounds of fertility drugs and procedures, so as hard as I thought this book would be to read I was excited to start it.

Retrieval actually touches on my biggest fear with fertility, losing my marriage due to the insane emotional, mental and financial stress of
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
FREE!!!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2aMnW74

5 EMOTIONAL STARS

What an emotional roller coaster!Aly Martinez completely drew me into Elizabeth and Roman's story.This journey is riveting,intense,heartbreakingand beautiful.As the story unfolded I was in agony to see what will happen.

description

Elizabeth and Roman were two amazing characters.I could feel their connection, their intense chemistry,their love and
heart breaks through the story.Roman was smart,funny,protective,sweet and sexy.
He wanted his wife back and
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

”The truth was masked by a million lies.”

description

I consider myself a huge fan of this author and have to say I never expected the turn of events that occurred early on to this once crazy in love couple. Two years later, Roman and Elisabeth are divorced and left with the pain of infertility, loss, and so many regrets.

”It had been nearly two years since we’d last spoken, and I still felt the invisible string binding us together. I couldn’t explain my pull to that man…“

The twists and turns th
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
#AllOfTheStars #AllOfTheFeels

Some semblance of a review to come after book 2, but you don't want to miss this book. Trust me.

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 1febf45eaeb9d4b341aa30610f4373_zpspobybqap.gif

Breathtaking. Epic. Beautiful. Emotional. Raw. Aly Martinez has truly outdone herself with her latest release, Retrieval. This book was everything you could want and wish for in a romantic suspense.

photo 562c48bcaef61ed541cedd87d8c3eb_zpstr5tdx7j.gif“But how do you throw a lifeline when you yourself don’t even have a rope to hold on to? I might have been able to keep her afloat for another day, but I’d never have been able to pull her back to me.”

There are truly no right words to describe
S.M. West
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

"Time was never on my side."

HOLY MOLY! I’m a serious fan of Aly’s even though I still have many books of hers to read. Every book of hers that I’ve read, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed. I didn’t read the blurb on this (I usually don’t because I love going in blind). Two things grabbed my attention and had me wanting to read this: Aly and this tagline - One Story. Two Couples.

I was intrigued. And Bloody hell, I was thoroughly surprised and moved. This is one emotionally intense story.

I couldn’t
warhawke
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Book 1 of 2 from The Retrieval Duet
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Roman Leblanc and Elisabeth (Lissy) Keller fell in love in a whirlwind romance. After five years of infertility issue, Lissy finally gave birth but lost it soon after. Death of their baby triggered them to pull away from each other that eventually led to their divorce. Two years later, they were reunited in an unusual circumstances and must work together to fight for what they lost.

I had no idea
Hulya Kara Yuksel
OMG I’M DYING IN HERE!!!! I WANT 2nd BOOK RIGHT NOW! I NEED IT!!! :-\

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

*****5 Stars*****

“We’d fallen in love in less than a day. Not even utter devastation and two years apart could erase that. A love like ours wasn’t measured in years, distance, or time apart. It was never-ending.”

description

Wow! I absolutely loved this story. I loved it even more than I thought I would. It was such a beautifully, romantic, heartbreaking and passionate story. It was so addictive and intense that even if I tried, I could not put it down. This is not my first Aly Martinez book, but it is eas
Elizabeth
"As much as I needed to keep my distance, I knew it was futile. I'd never been able to stay away from him."

Retrieval is the first book in The Retrieval Duet and it was by far one of the best reads of the year for me! With the intriguing plot, complex characters, and smoking hot romance, I simply could not tear my eyes away! Warning: you will want to have book two locked and loaded on your Kindle because once you start this journey, you will not want to stop! I started this at around 11 PM with
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was an enjoyable read for sure. I was worried that it would be another one that I had built up too much in my head, and it was a little, but it was still a success! I really enjoy Aly Martinez and her storytelling skills. I am excited to get to the next book! Even though I was expecting that shocker on the last page, I really want to see how it all plays out...

Brief Summary of the Storyline: I really do think it is best for one to go in kinda blind, so I'll try to
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★

Such an unexpected, thrilling, and emotional ride - It was so many things that I wasn't prepared for, but what a great surprise. I rarely read blurbs' for Aly's books anymore, she's an automatic read for me so all I knew going in, was that this story was about two couples, and that it was based on infertility problems and the sadness associated with such an emotional theme.

I am glad that I went in blind, I knew it was going to be a rollercoaster of emotions and feelings, but I
Wil Loves Books!
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**5 huge, perfect stars**.

“A love like ours wasn’t measured in years, distance, or time apart. It was never-ending" .

Aly Martinez never ceases to amaze me with her wonderful, beautiful writing. Last year, she wrote one of my favorite books, The Fall Up, and this year, she has outdone herself with the Retrieval duet. This book is simply amazing. Once I started reading it, I simply could not put it down. Everything about the book blew me away, the writing, the story, the characters, the suspense.
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Aly Martinez" exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Retrieval
SERIES: (The Retrieval Duet, #1)
AUTHOR: Aly Martinez
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: Prologue |
RELEASE DATE: September 13th, 2016

MY RATING: 5 STARS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RETRIEVAL: This kicks starts us off in the 'Prologue' spoken in 'Romans' own words.

ONE STORY
TWO COUPLES

Couple 1: Roman & Elisabeth
Couple 2: Clare & Walt

We're first introduced to Roman & Elisabeth, a crumb
Olga therebelreader
A million stars for this book!! This story is brilliant in every way possible, and sucks you into a whole new world of immense, empowering love, desire, pain, tragedy and loss. It is absolutely beautiful, haunting and devastating. This book is exceedingly well written, and it just absolutely gutted me.

Roman and Elisabeth is a couple who share a strong emotional bond and a deep love, struggling with infertility. For them, it’s a journey replete with false hopes and disappointments. After several
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
I didn't really enjoy this as much as I had hoped. All I kept seeing were 5 stars so I really thought I would've been blown away by Retrieval but not really. But I admit that there was just something about this book that kept me reading. I was really invested in Elisabeth and Roman's second chance romance but the whole IVF, switching of embryos, and Clare and Walt's storyline just didn't really work for me.

Personally, I have nothing against IVF but to be honest, I don't know much about it so I d
Rachel Reads Ravenously

Omg. There are no words. This was just....... ASTOUNDING AMAZING MAGICAL ANGSTY WONDERFUL GLORIOUS SUBLIME LOVELY.

I'll stop. But you get the point. It was awesome. No official review, I am jumping into book 2 asap!

Follow me on ♥ FacebookBlogInstagramTwitter
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I have no time to write a review. After the ending of Retrieval, I pat myself on the shoulder, high five the person next to me, and thank myself for waiting until the next book in this duet was available.
 photo EB489F6A-E962-4730-BE98-141AFFC1938C_zpsxrtyofbp.gif

Absolutely needing to read on to catch my breath!!! Dang, If you're like me and have not yet read this series, DO IT!

"A love like ours wasn't measured in years, distance, or time apart. It was never-ending."
I loved Roman & Elisabeth. I can't wait to find out what happens next.....
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
4.5 STARS

OMG. THAT WAS AMAZING. Roman is alphalicious in more ways than one. I had those crazy crazy tummy flutters with him. And I have to say I was HAPPILY surprised with the angst. It's not that crazy "I'm going to rip out your soul" angst, it's more "I'm on the edge of my seat, can't stop reading, must know what happens," angst. So yeah, I LOVED that. I have so much to say! Gonna stop and write full reviews today!
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★★4 Stars★★★★
 photo PicsArt_09-09-12.13.38_zpskch654tz.jpg

photo rfJO72E_zps5or7gerf.png

"We'd been happy once. But we'd gotten greedy and tried to start a family".

I feel like I need to get a t shirt that says" I survived reading "Retrieval" by Aly Martinez Aaaaand I'm slightly drunk now". This touched on a heavy subject that quite frankly hasnt been talked about alot.

Infertility affects one in six couples and when you really think about, that is a scary number. After you find someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with, the logical next step is st
Jayme
Masterpiece, it will consume you completely! It's almost the end of the year, and this is only my second book where I can safely say: 5-stars-is-not-enough!

About the plot: Roman Leblanc is a former soldier. He declared already on their first date that he'd marry his date, Elisabeth. She didn't wait too long to say yes. They didn't have much, but being together was enough. Until they wanted to start a family and everything got complicated. She couldn't stand it and walked away. Two years later, h
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Holy crap on a cracker! If you look up “page-turner” in the dictionary, I’m fairly confident Retrieval is one of the definitions. If not, then it should be. This. Book. Is. Effing. Amazing.

The story revolves around two completely different, but equally fascinating, couples: Roman and Elisabeth and Clare and Walt. Aly Martinez could easily have made this book about only one of the couples, and you’d have a compelling plot. Including two couples with well-developed backgrounds and an intriguing in
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 5 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'I'd never been able to resist that woman. Despite that we'd fallen apart, it hadn't changed. The hum for her was still in my veins. It never went away...'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Oh. My. God. This book was everything! This emotional story was utterly brilliant and so beautifully well written. It was completely captivating, suspenseful, and heartbreaking. I loved every single moment of this book.
Paige
5 "Unputdownable" Stars

Amazing. Awe-inspiring. All the feels.

Retrieval is an emotional and unexpected journey. It's one of absolute heartbreak and the hope in possibilities. Aly Martinez has once again been able to take me on a journey that I won't soon forget and am beyond excited to continue. The intertwined storylines create a story with a unique twist that left me gasping in shock and holding my heart in my handds. With emotion and tenderness, Ms. Martinez penned a story of two people broken
BR ~ Retrieval 4/7/2017 69 8 Apr 13, 2017 12:41AM
C.D.'s Canaries: Retrieval BR 10/4/16 *****Kathy's Pick**** 53 33 Oct 10, 2016 06:03PM
  • Wilder (The Renegades, #1)
  • Bright Midnight
  • A Veil of Vines
  • Gravity
  • Twenty to Life
  • Everything for Her (For Her #1)
  • Wild Heart (Viper's Heart, #2)
  • Say You Want Me
  • Mr. Mysterious (Mister, #4)
  • Forget You, Ethan
  • Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1)
  • Everything Under The Sun
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • One Thousand Wishes
  • Roman Crazy
  • Change of Heart (Fostering Love, #2)
  • Hearts on Air (Hearts, #6)
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

More about Aly Martinez

The Retrieval Duet (2 books)
  • Transfer (The Retrieval Duet, #2)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seek Me with All Your Heart (Land of Canaan, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Schemer (A Hot Romantic Comedy) (Harbor City Book 3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“This is why men get a bad rap. Y’all do stupid shit then try to justify it by saying crap like, ‘For a man, it’s different.’ Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but if a man is kind, loving, respectful, makes a woman laugh, knows how to open the pickle jar, and change a flat tire, we really don’t need much else.” 3 likes
“Something had broken between us. But, in the process, something had also been repaired.” 3 likes