Start by marking “Whographica: An Infographic Guide to Space and Time” as Want to Read:
Whographica: An Infographic Guide to Space and Time

Whographica: An Infographic Guide to Space and Time

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  115 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Explore the rich history of Doctor Who like never before, through colorful and creative visualizations and infographics in this captivating, intriguing, beautiful, and strange compendium.

The Doctor’s family tree, the strangest weapons in the whole universe, the frequency of the letter "A" in the names of companions—these curiosities, and many others, are explored in detail
Published November 22nd 2016 by Harper Design

To ask other readers questions about Whographica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whographica

Andrew
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay I will admit that this is a whole lot of fun and not many words.

We are all entitled to a change of scenery and this book for me is a perfect example - it does have text don't get me wrong and some very clever and insight text at that - just the whole books theme is graphics.

And this is where for me the challenge lies- there is incredible amount of information within these pages but rather than fill them with line after line of text the authors have turned them in to fascinating and often
Clarissa
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
My head is spinning a bit. So much information about the series!
Dan Hansen
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just plain fun - if you are a Whovian.

Colorful, creative, trivial charts, graphs, and statistics that allow you step back and muse about the whole of the Dr. Who universe in all of its amusing glory over the last fifty years.

Some of my favorites: Silliest bits in Dr. Who. For example: opening an episode with the Doctor hanging from a railing. No reason, just hanging from a railing. Or Sarah Jane tripping over a mound of dirt.

Or the graph of dangerous devices plotting destructiveness versus weird
Owen
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a lot of fun. I do not know whether I would have bought it for myself, but it was a Christmas present that I greatly enjoyed receiving. References in colorful infographics of the complete history of Doctor Who. Want to know the complete history of the Daleks? It's in there. Want to know where Gallifrey is? It's in there. Want to know how many times the letter "v" has appeared in episode titles? It's in there.

Seriously.

This is an exhaustively researched book. And yet it is entertaining
Taksya
Statistiche illustrate su tutto quello che può venire in mente riguardo la serie.
Dall'altezza dei Dottori al tempo di permanenza dei vari companion. Dalla presenza sullo schermo di ogni cattivo ad ogni tipo di veicolo guidato dal Terzo Dottore.
Divertente da leggere e pieno di curiosità curiose.
Varea David
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Si quieres tener estadísticas y datos de TODO lo que ha ido pasando durante la serie, este es tu libro. Bastante interesante y curioso, vale la pena tenerlo si eres bastante curioso como yo, si no tal vez te cueste leerlo y no te interese.
Adam
It's about Doctor Who, and it's full of charts and infographics - two of my most favourite things, so of course I love this book.
Colin Parfitt
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-at-bedtime
Excellent if you like:

A) Doctor Who and
B) infographics

If you like neither, probably best avoided
Emma Dargue
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Good interesting book using a really cool idea of using graphics and infograms to illustrate statistics for one of the best shows on tv at the moment.
Kristal
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is such a neat and fun book! Its written in such an interesting way. I gave it four stars instead of five because it could be a little confusing at times. They use colors and cartoons to represent the different Doctors and a few look very similar. I had to flip back to the page with the key several times. But overall a fun book for Whovians.

*Also, there's a mistake for the 12th Doctor. They quoted his first words, but said they were his last. Small detail, I know, but everything else was co
Bruce Gargoyle
Ten Second Synopsis:
A visual representation of Who-minutiae including an avalanche of fascinating facts about Doctor Who.

If you, like me, are a fan of Doctor Who and would like to extend your Who-related knowledge, but lack the time to watch every episode ever made or read long nonfiction texts about the series, its creators, its social impact and other bits of Who-minutiae, you should really get your paws on this book. Every single page in it has an infographic about some fascinating aspect of
Jennifer Balbin Rodríguez
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Siendo Whovian y queriendo saber más y más sobre toda la serie desde el principio esta es una de las guías más completas con datos de lo más curiosos.
Daniel Kukwa
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: doctor-who
Holy psychedelic head-trip! I've never been one of those fascinated by the imagery of charts & graphs, but there is no denying that it has all come together in this book to produce something rather beautiful. There are a couple pages that made me scratch my head, but they are more than mitigated by the pages full of info that brought a smile to my face, or made me burst out laughing. Endlessly fascinating, but be warned: after a while, your head may start spinning.
Glenn
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a terrific book. I love infographics, but there never seems to be enough of them online. This book fills that need. It is chalked full of excellent information, which can be digested in a short amount of time. I thought it would be a book that I would pick up and flip through from time to time, but when I got it, I read it from cover to cover!
Valerie Baca
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Got this for Christmas from my son. It has a lot of information in it and can help those who are just getting into Doctor Who. I've been a Whovian for years but still trying to get caught up on some of the older Doctor Who episodes so this helped me with that. It's a great source of information for any Who fan.
Rosalind Hardy
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A perfect companion for any who fan who loves facts and graphs one of my favourite reads in a long long time
Barbara McVeigh
A must for Dr Who fans *and* student of infographics.
Mark Healey
Dec 31, 2016
Cheyenne
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-nonfiction
This was just a really fun read. I do think you would appreciate it most if you know a lot about the whole series and not just the new series like me.
Jessica