Start by marking “Songs to Get Over You” as Want to Read:
Songs to Get Over You

Songs to Get Over You

(Playlist #2)

It's harder to get over someone who was never really yours.

They say rock stars get all the girls. But Miki knows that's not always true. He, for one, though the guitarist of popular indie band Trainman, just can't seem to get the girl. It's kind of his fault, really. No one told him to fall in love with Jill. No one told him to stand still and watch as she moved on from a
Published February 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Songs to Get Over You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Songs to Get Over You

Start your review of Songs to Get Over You
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

You can listen to my Songs to Get Over You playlist on Spotify. You can see the tracklist in Tumblr.

Songs to Get Over You solidifies my love for Playlist series. This is where my love for Miki has grown into something more. I like to call this book as an unrequited love with a happy ending.

This standalone sequel follows the story of Miki. He’s the best friend of Jill, he’s also the guitarist of indie band Trainman. He’s hopelessly in love with Jill, and she doesn’t have any idea. Given that
Geri Reads
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one...for the most part. It does feel like an incomplete book. I say that because the focus seems to be more on Mikhail trying to get over his feelings for his best friend, who also happens to be the heroine of the previous book.

I actually really liked their interaction. The author was able to really capture the genuine affection between them. She was also able to capture the pain, the confusion and the eventual letting go of old feelings and embracing new ones.

My main issue is t
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
While I was reading this story, I heard this song being aired on the radio, "I'll never get over you... getting over me...." Oh my. I'm telling you, I just had goosebumps! How cosmic that I get to hear this song being played on the airwaves while I was reading a book that contained beautiful songs for people trying to move on from heartbreak.. It was intense, really!

Miki, one of the guitarists of the rock band, Trainman, is great in writing songs. Apparently, he's great at hiding his feelings to
Tina
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* Also posted on It's Time, Ana

I am a sucker for the friend zone. Mostly because I wrote about it, but also because they seem to be the most painful kind of unrequited love. You kind of have them, but also, you kind of don't. You love them, and they love you, but also not kind of the way you love them. Painful, yes?

But I also really like guys who make the move, so I declared that I was #TeamShinta when I read the first book in Jay E. Tria's Playlist Series, Songs of Our Breakup . What's not t
Coco.V
Feb 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/29/2020)! 🎁
Suraya (thesuraya)
4.5 STARS

THIS IS SO GOOD. SO REALLY GOOD. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

My first book from a Filipino author with Filipino characters and Philippines setting.

I love everything about this book. The characters the writings the songs. My heart was in pain along with Ana i understand her and her feelings and her actions. and I dint blame Miki for that because he's struggling and I understand his struggles. I LOVE THE SONG LYRICS SO MUCH IS THERE AUDIO FILES FOR IT?

My only problem is that the characters dont fe
Bianca Mori
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Life in the friend zone...

I adore Jay E. Tria's style. I love her refreshing prose, the tactile quality of her writing and, in the Playlist books, that dreamlike space she creates between the diary-like, back-and-forth timelines and the clever song lyrics that act as narrative bookends to her chapters. In Songs to Get Over You, she goes one step further, walloping with such hugot lines as:

"I knew you still love [her]...I'd be stupid not to know it. But I thought I could help you move on from her
Clarisse David
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This might make me sound horribly conservative, but I used to hate books where the girl chased after the boy.

Songs to Get Over You by Jay E. Tria changed my mind.

Both the characters in this book stole my heart in one fell swoop. Let’s starts with Ana, the driven accountant who makes a bid for Mikki’s heart. If this were some other book or some other heroine, I would’ve hated her in an instant.

But this is Ana we’re talking about.

She was the fearless girl who went after the one person she wanted.
Carla Guzman
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this without reading Songs of Our Breakup, the first book in the series. I think this affected my reading a little, because I did not understand why Miki is in love with Jill! Sure she’s always endearingly late and is such a good friend, but she’s not the girl you fall in love with, you know? I didn’t see why she was so special to him. One of the first things the reader sees between Miki and Jill is how he’s already totally in love, and we’re just sort of forced to accept that fact.

In fac
Nica
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I ordered a copy of Summer Crush, I decided that I should start reading this. But it took me long before I finished this because of other books

But anyway, here's my review.

Miki's story is relatable in one way or another because probably, each of us has experienced being in the friendzone. (or maybe we were the one who put somebody in the friendzone)
I enjoyed reading the story in Miki's POV because it was very entertaining. I actually liked his POV better than Jill.

He is such a nice guy but
kb
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

Read the rest of my review on Bookbed.
April ~ The Reading Belles
ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Originally audio-reviewed at b i n i b i n i

First of all let me just say that that cover is wow! I love it so much! i mean look at it! I’d totally buy that for the cover alone. And maybe for the cover model as well? Hahaha! Just kidding! Or not! Hahaha! It’s so Miki and defined a Jay E. Tria signature style together with the magic of Tania Arpa.

OH. MY. FREAKING. GOSH.

How do I even start? my feelings are currently all over the place i have no idea
M
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been curious about how Miki and Ana's story started ever since I read Summer Crush. I loved that I was still able to understand their narrative there even with little to no background of who or how they became together.

Now after reading this and Songs of our Breakup it gave me a more in depth idea of what they went through. I love how Jay wrote about unrequited love and how she managed to write the very intertwined and complicated relationships and feelings not only between Miki - Jill and
 Jera
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a part of Songs to Get Over You (Playlist #2) blog tour! I received an Advance Review Copy in exchange of an honest review.

Warning! May contain spoilers!

description

SONGS TO GET OVER YOU (Playlist #2)

description

Published on Feb 29, 2016

by Jay E. Tria

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Synopsis

It's harder to get over someone who was never really yours.

Ana Tejano
* Also posted on It's Time, Ana

Camelle
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
---- THIS IS ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY BLOG HOME OF A BOOK LOVER ----

It is an honor to be part of this book tour and be able to review this book. Even though this could be read as a stand alone, I still decided to read the first book in the series which is Songs of Our Breakup to further understand the whole story, when and where everything started. First, I have to say I enjoyed reading the book, it got me hooked. I like how this was written, simple story, very straight forward but it will put yo
Aisyah
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

One of the best parts about this series is definitely THE SONGS! There are a lot of songs altogether buttt my ultimate favourite is Better Idea, written by Kim (my heart broke).

And my brightest idea
Was when I read the signs
Like lines on a map
That point to goodbye
That lead to a you that's with someone new
And a me left with silence
And my thoughts without you

Back to the book, Miki is honestly one of the sweetest (and sometimes clueless) guys ever! He's just so nice and you can tell that h
Julia
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 | The song lyrics were bomb as usual! I love Miki so much and I wanted even more of him and Ana!
Abbie
Apr 10, 2017 added it
Shelves: romance-class
Songs to Get Over You is the 2nd book on the Playlist Series of Jay Tria. STGOY follows the story of Miki, whom we met on the first book at the bestfriend of Jil who was secretly in love with her. Unfortunately, Jil wasn't aware of his feelings at first and fell for Shinta. Anyway? In STGOY, we can read about how Miki tries to move on from his feelings for Jil. Being friendzoned is not simple thing. It hurts as hell specially when you don't have the courage to confess your feelings because you'r ...more
Nẹdu
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*
Miki gets to shine here
MJ
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: galleys
Patience was about knowing when it was time to translate daydreams into reality.

I'm stuck between hating this and loving this. Why? It's because I love the story line, the structure (I like the writing style plus the songs) of the book, the pacing, etc, but I kinda hate one person thing.

As I've written, this book was definitely awesome. From the first page down to the last one, I couldn't get enough of it. So where lies the problem? That would be Miki. I liked Miki since I've read the first book
N.G. Peltier
Miki my precious child I was so excited to get his story after reading Songs of Our Breakup, and he did not disappoint.

First off the dynamic between the Trainman band members is always so fantastic. The author does such a great job of showing each character's personality perfectly! And the banter between them was always on point and so funny, as it usually is with closes friends.

I loved Miki with all my heart. He's in love with Jill, his best friend, and even while he's dating Ana this doesn't
C. Erani Kole
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shoutouts
*received an ARC from Instafreebie for Bookish Blog Tours*
*goes without saying it's an honest review*

OH MY GOD THE FEELS WITH THIS. STGOY is a fast favorite because I went in expecting certain things and- needless to say, I was unprepared for the bittersweet taste in my heart. I loved it all. I was grinning madly at the beginning and had these wide smiles that seemed permanent on my face sometimes. And then it got heady and my heart felt like it was going through something epic but it was in tha
Katt Briones
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bookbed
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
"The last time I was this much invested in bands is a vague memory so I find it amazing that Jay E. Tria’s Playlist series has managed to awaken the groupie in me. (I’m not sure if it’s healthy to be daydreaming of attending a Trainman gig at random, though.) Songs of Our Breakup and Songs to Get Over You are certified hits." Continue reading our review here.

Please note: We don't use ratings but for this purpose, we tag books with three stars by default.
Would like to be a reviewer/contributor to
Cathleene
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of those books that will make you crave for more once you reached that dreaded 'The End'. Why? Because I'm a sucker for the happenings AFTER they finally got together! The journey from a him and a her towards a them is quite full of feelings and I want to feel that release by reading what happens when they're together as together. Sorry for the rant, I really just want mooooore! Haha!

The love for Miki is kinda automatic, because who wouldn't love Miki? (Who would dare say no, hmm?!!) But the
Tara
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: filipino-authors
A heart that loves in a silent and steadfast way doesn’t usually get center stage in Filipino romance, but Tria focuses the spotlight on it with Songs To Get Over You. The novel shines with an entirely new repertoire of feels, mashed-up with a few pop culture nods (one of which only I apparently got, so far). It is a fitting second installment to her Playlist series, and I am excited to see what she’s got up her sleeve next.

Full review available at Tara Tries To Write as part of the Songs to Get
Racquel Castro
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with its characters. Jill and Miki. :) Well written prose. :)
For my full review: https://racquelsarah.wordpress.com/20...
MaryAnne Clare
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love how real the book is -- Miki may be fictional, but his feelings (and issues) make him so real. The story is more insightful than romantic, which I really really like.
leenahreads
this series just keeps getting better and better and the writing is just so UGH!! BEAUTIFUL!! starting the third book right now!

• They All Fall Down
  • Before the Dawn
  • And Now She's Gone
  • Maybe One More Time: Vegas Nights
  • Seducing My Guardian (A Touch of Taboo #4)
  • Connections in Death (In Death, #48)
  • Love Scammed
  • Gas Station Drug Money
  • True Pretenses (Lively St. Lemeston, #2)
  • Love At First Run
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • By a Thread
  • Wild Rain (Women Who Dare, #2)
  • If She Says Yes
  • Maybe This Time (Vegas Nights, #2)
  • The Longest Night
Jay E. Tria is inspired by daydreams, celebrity crushes, live music, K-dramas and J-doramas, and an incessant itch to go places. She writes contemporary romance and young adult, sometimes paranormal fantasy too. When not writing, she wishes she were, but sometimes it's hard.

LATEST RELEASES:
Playlist #4: Songs You Come Back To
Playlist #5: Songs To Your Beat

Also by Jay:
You Out of Nowhere (Flair #1)

Playlist (5 books)